Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,249 comments
McIntyre will face Lashley again for the WWE title this time at HIAC, Drew beat Kofi Kingston in a really good main event on Raw last night. I don't mind Drew getting another shot but it should be really be the last time they face each other, and it should be inside the Cell.

Reginald actually pinned Baszler, remember when she was on NXT and she was this badass who was just beating everyone up?! That sees like a long time ago now...

Jimmy Smith made his WWE commentary debut last night, he was very good. 👍

Karrion Kross will defend his NXT title in a fatal five way at In Your House next Sunday. it came about after there was a great triple threat number one contenders match last night between Pete Dunne, Kyle O'Reilly and Jonny Gargano but Adam Cole gatecrashed and attacked all three of them, later he gave a promo on how he was the real number one contender and that Kross wasn't fit to lace his boots, Kross came out to say he wanted all four of them and the match was made.

Also made for the show was Raquel Gonzalez v Ember Moon for the women's title, Cameron Grimes v LA Knight and Mercedes Martinez v Xia Li.

They released Braun Strowman, Ruby Riott, Aliester Black and Murphy... WWE is just numbering its days 'till Tony Khan decides its time to give the check to Vince...

Braun Strowman
Murphy
Ruby Riott
Lana
Aliester Black
Santana Garrett

All gone, could be more to come today.

Another brutal day of releases, something is definitely up at WWE....

No they won't. WWE seems to be able to absorb most of the negative from the recent releases and keep ticking along. People keep paying for their stuff, so the bottom line is probably marginally changed.

Dammit.

No they won't. WWE seems to be able to absorb most of the negative from the recent releases and keep ticking along. People keep paying for their stuff, so the bottom line is probably marginally changed.

Dammit.
Actually, there's legit rumors and speculations about Vince selling WWE to a "Big Name" considering all those big releases not only from wrestlers, but also from employees. And the fact they had to give up its own network in favor of another, yeah, WWE really seems to be in red numbers...

Tbh, if I were Tony Khan and Cody Rhoades, I would easily move all possible money to buy WWE. I'm saying it because we all know they are the only ones with enough capable economy to make such big moves...

Actually, there's legit rumors and speculations about Vince selling WWE to a "Big Name" considering all those big releases not only from wrestlers, but also from employees. And the fact they had to give up its own network in favor of another, yeah, WWE really seems to be in red numbers...

Tbh, if I were Tony Khan and Cody Rhoades, I would easily move all possible money to buy WWE. I'm saying it because we all know they are the only ones with enough capable economy to make such big moves...
I can't see it though. I cannot see WWE selling itself to Khan. What I can see is NBC Universal throwing enough money at all parties involved that the Dub is made a subsidiary, then slowly cannibalized for all it's worth.

The one release that really makes no sense from today is Aleister Black, he was being re-packaged, had new entrance music, we had seen vignettes and he attacked Big E on Smackdown just 10 days ago.

Its baffling that they would pull the plug on it like that just when they were bringing him back.

Black is definitely a shock. With all the buildup they had recently just so he can kick Big E, sad...

I still can't get Strowman. He had a bit of a push and was even at WM!

Last edited:
Raw only posted a 1.42 rating, one of the lowest they have had and the third hour only did a 1.10, it was up against a baseball game though.

Another great Smackdown, it was all about the Usos and Mysterios tag title matches, the first was the opening match of the show and it was good but Dominik pinned Jimmy with a roll up despite Jimmy having his right shoulder up, backstage Roman was not happy and said they lost to a child (!!) and when he got the Usos names mixed up he just laughed and said it didn't matter.

Later Usos went to Pearce and Deville and they agreed that the ref made a mistake and were granted another title match in the main event, in that match it looked like the Mysterios were closing in in victory when Rey hit a 619 but then Roman came out and attacked them both and it was brutal, he showed no mercy and he looked pissed! he put a guillotine on Dominik and both Usos were just there watching and Jimmy begged him to stop, Reigns was still angry and just pummeled a defenseless Dominik went the show went off air.

The whole thing was brilliant, great drama and emotion, Roman doesn't even have a match at HIAC or a challenger for his title and right now I don't even care!

Elsewhere there was a IC title match between Crews and KO with Azeez banned from ringside but Azeez attacked Owens before the match meaning it was a clean win for Crews, Sami Zayn hit Owens with a hell-over kick afterwards, plus there was a first time ever match between Liv Morgan and Carmella, it was nothing special but it felt fresh and interesting, more of this please!

Last edited:
Pretty big breaking news from WWE.

This years Summerslam will take place at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on August 21st, it will be the first time that the annual event will be held at a NFL stadium.

Raw was going Okay last night until the final 10 minutes, that ending segment with Alexa, Shayna and Lily was very weird and its caused a lot of debate on social media.

Lashley v McIntyre for the WWE title is now a Hell In A Cell match and if Drew loses he cant face Lashey for the title again, Viking Raiders won a tag team battle royal to become number one contenders for the Raw tag titles.

NXT Takeover: In Your House is this Sunday, its a good looking card as always with five matches on it, a few of them were only thrown together on last nights show though.

Hell In A Cell is next Sunday.

Apparently there was a funny botch tonight when they mislabeled Bayley as Brock Lesnar. I didn't catch it.

Mysterio's got hammered by Roman again last night, Rey challenged Roman to a match in HIAC and then the beatdown started, Roman threw Dominic from the ring onto the floor, we didn't see the impact of Dom hitting the floor so there could have easily have been a crash mat there or something.

There was a botch where Lesnar's graphic showed up instead of Bayley's, Otis pretty much destroyed both Street Profits on his own, he also has shaved his beard off!, Also Cesaro returned last night.

NXT Takeover: In Your House is tonight, here is the card.

Mercedes Maritinez v Xia Li

Million Dollar Championship-Ladder Match
Cameron Grimes v LA Knight

North American & Tag Team Championship-Six Man Tag Team Match, Winner takes all!
Bronson Reed (c) & MSK (c) v Legado Del Fantasma

NXT Women's Championship
Raquel Gonzalez (c) v Ember Moon

NXT Championship-Fatal Five Way Match
Karrion Kross (c) v Pete Dunne v Jonny Gargano v Kyle O'Reilly v Adam Cole

NXT Takeover: In Your House is tonight, here is the card.

Mercedes Maritinez v Xia Li

Million Dollar Championship-Ladder Match
Cameron Grimes v LA Knight

North American & Tag Team Championship-Six Man Tag Team Match, Winner takes all!
Bronson Reed (c) & MSK (c) v Legado Del Fantasma

NXT Women's Championship
Raquel Gonzalez (c) v Ember Moon

NXT Championship-Fatal Five Way Match
Karrion Kross (c) v Pete Dunne v Jonny Gargano v Kyle O'Reilly v Adam Cole
Besides the Million Dollar Championship, not a single title changed hands.

Good show last night, the main event was my match of the night, the show was not quite up to the standards of previous takeover's but it was still enjoyable.

Samoa Joe has re-signed with WWE...to join NXT!!

Good show last night, the main event was my match of the night, the show was not quite up to the standards of previous takeover's but it was still enjoyable.

Samoa Joe has re-signed with WWE...to join NXT!!
I heard that he might take Regal's position as GM.

McIntyre pined Lashley in the six-man tag main event on Raw last night, it was Drew v AJ Styles but it turned into a tag match.

Alexa Bliss v Shayna Baszler has been made for HIAC this Sunday.

Eva Marie and Piper Niven both debuted last night (more of a re-debut for Marie) Marie was supposed to take on Naomi but she was with Niven and Niven had the match and won with Marie ringside, none of the commentators or announcers named Niven but she was introduced after as Marie's protege, Niven is a Scottish wrestler from NXT UK.

Nothing much else to mention from last night, RK-Bro and New Day had an excellent tag match.

So Samoa Joe is back on NXT then, not as an in ring competitor, nor is he replacing Regal as GM, he is an enforcer. Things have been a little hairy backstage recently on the show with a few pull-apart brawls and that's why he brought Joe in to act as the enforcer, he has already squared up to champion Karrion Kross and said 'tick tock, young champion' and put Adam Cole in the clutch.

Don't expect to see him as enforcer for long!

Hell In A Cell match for the Universal title between Roman Reigns and Rey Mysterio will now take place on Smackdown tonight and not at HIAC this Sunday.

No idea why really...

Hell In A Cell match for the Universal title between Roman Reigns and Rey Mysterio will now take place on Smackdown tonight and not at HIAC this Sunday.

No idea why really...
Was cool though!! First ever HIAC match in SD's (and Rey's) history!! ♥ Pretty sure it's because both Roman and Rey wanted to spend full Father's Day with their families. Hence the reason it didn't became part of the PPV...

Last edited:
The match was good, Reigns retained of course but Rey did well, Reigns used the guillotine for the win and in a different way, it was the first ever HIAC match on Smackdown so a little history was made.

There will still be two Cell matches on Sunday as the Belair/Bayley title match will now be in the Cell, Cesaro v Rollins and Kevin Owens v Sami Zayn have also been made for the show. Nakamura has won the crown from Baron Corbin, they have been in an enjoyable feud the last few weeks stealing the crown from each other but Nakamura won it outright last night, the feud has also introduced us to Rik Boogs who has been playing guitar to Nakamura's entrance music.

Becky Lynch has been training at the Performance Center this week, its been part of the process for her in-ring return.

Back