Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,648 comments
  • 771,631 views
Ken
Why do you think that?
They have an immediate pop in honestly one of the hardest crowds the Superstars have faced in a while. I think they're getting pushed up quickly once they get over the Dudleys.
 
I hope AJ Styles winning means that a Roman Reigns Heel Turn is on the horizon :P.
 
Ken
His promo seemed like it might be headed that way.
That's one thing I liked. He seemed more fueled by the boos, and there were plenty of them. I think they're edging us along finally.
 
Hey guys how do you watch this crap? I'm up to the Brock Lesnar match against some greasy looking scumbag with no personality. Seriously, none of these new guys have any personality. The best part so far was Stone Cold kicking everyone's ass.
 
Hey guys how do you watch this crap? I'm up to the Brock Lesnar match against some greasy looking scumbag with no personality. Seriously, none of these new guys have any personality. The best part so far was Stone Cold kicking everyone's ass.

I've been watching for 30 years now. I can't tell you exactly why I like it. When people ask, I always tell them it's my "man-opera". I know it's fake and run by people who have forgotten how to run it, but if you look at it a soap opera, it's less disappointing. In fact, for me, it's down right fun that way.
 
It's so stupid though! Before, you had guys that were actually good at what they did. The hardcore matches weren't just filler. It's so predictable now. They don't even go at it. I mean, this is wrestlemania, isn't it? It's really poor quality drama.

It's funny that the crowd is better entertainment than the wrestling now. My favorite sign so far is "Brock The Port" lolol.
 
It's so stupid though! Before, you had guys that were actually good at what they did. The hardcore matches weren't just filler. It's so predictable now. They don't even go at it. I mean, this is wrestlemania, isn't it? It's really poor quality drama.

It's funny that the crowd is better entertainment than the wrestling now. My favorite sign so far is "Brock The Port" lolol.

Oh, I agree. It's nothing like it once was. I barely watch it anymore because of that reason. But, personally, I tune in every once in awhile hoping that it will return to its former glory. In tonight's Raw, you can see glimpses of that former glory. But for the most part, it's so stupid.
 
@Omnis I think you need to watch more of Dean Ambrose to actually get a chance to get into his character, I didn't get into Dean Ambrose until the ending of his feud with Rollins 2 years ago. If you want to see Wrestlers going at it, I recommend not even bothering watching the Main Event, nothing happens in the first 10 minutes.

I've been watching since 2008 so I'm a bit odd during certain moments, though I have taken a peek at WWE's history. I think the best moments in Wrestling were during the Brand Split period of 2002 - 2011 (though I hated majority of 2011).

I'll be the minority and say the Attitude Era is vastly overrated, now I like it more than what we have now especially since the Attitude Era had a lot of personality and most title seemed important but there were so many problems to go with it IMO (The Women in the Attitude Era was the biggest issue I had, people say that today's Women are bad but I think Attitude Era's Women were far worse).
 
Excluding the Attitude Era, my favourite year was probably 2011-2012. Mainly due to Punk being at the top and how genuine he was, and how in today's current PG era, that's as close as we'll get to the "glory days". After that, I lost interest and was completely out of it until earlier this year when Fox Sports reported on how this could be Undertaker's last match. And with him always having been my favourite, I had to tune in to see his final run, even though it turns out it won't be.
 
My favorite era was the WCW vs. WWE Monday Night Wars when it first really started. Late 80's WWE want bad either.
 
Excluding the Attitude Era, my favourite year was probably 2011-2012. Mainly due to Punk being at the top and how genuine he was, and how in today's current PG era, that's as close as we'll get to the "glory days". After that, I lost interest and was completely out of it until earlier this year when Fox Sports reported on how this could be Undertaker's last match. And with him always having been my favourite, I had to tune in to see his final run, even though it turns out it won't be.
I honestly despised that period. Minus CM Punk's and Mark Henry's rise to a Major Championship picture everything else was horrible IMO. The Tag Team division during this period was so forgettable (until Team Hell No showed up) that I even forgot Air Boom was a thing and the Usos turned face. A lot of story-lines that didn't involve CM Punk or John Cena were absolutely forgettable (and I tried to forget the while Cena vs. Kane angle). Does anyone even remember R-Truth's push?

Granted the CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan storyline was probably one of my favourite storylines ever, filled with almost everything that there needs to be. Wrestling, Mystery, Unpredictability, Craziness etc.

and since I am huge hater on Face Zack Ryder the year that started his Face run has to give 2011 some of my hate points.

In all of Wrestling the best period IMO was actually in TNA during the Main Event Mafia storyline in 2008. I also admit that the Aces & Eights angle is a huge guilty pleasure especially since it pushed one of my favourites Bully/Bubba Ray (though I reckon Devon should've led the group instead as Ray as leader killed his momentum).
 
In all of Wrestling the best period IMO was actually in TNA during the Main Event Mafia storyline in 2008. I also admit that the Aces & Eights angle is a huge guilty pleasure especially since it pushed one of my favourites Bully/Bubba Ray (though I reckon Devon should've led the group instead as Ray as leader killed his momentum).

All of that was just a rehash of older NWO and Four Horseman storylines. TNA hasn't been original in years. For that matter, wrestling as a whole hasn't.
 
My fav era is the ruthless agression one, that's when I started seeing WWE, apart that it had many bits from the Attitude!! ♥. Couldn't get to see this RAW, f... college...
 
Ken
All of that was just a rehash of older NWO and Four Horseman storylines. TNA hasn't been original in years. For that matter, wrestling as a whole hasn't.
I'll admit it was never original (though I always though Aces & Eights was more of a Nexus rip-off with Steve Austin sprinkles), but I always go buy "Original doesn't mean it was best". While I totally understand why the Aces & Eights was looked down upon by most (outside of like 3 people, the rest of Aces & Eights Wrestlers were 🤬 and to rely on the others to carry them). As for the MEM, granted it was the first big stable I watched, so some of my love of it comes from the same reason on some of the reasons why some people the NWO and Four Horseman (Nostalgia). Minus Scott Steiner I liked the entire cast of MEM but that is given since they are very established stars but the group they went up again (TNA Frontline) helped fuelled it to greater heights IMO. A storyline can only be good if both sides can pull their load of the work and I think Frontline as well as the aftermath of the group made the MEM Storyline one of my favourites.

At least it isn't as clear as the 🤬 Dixieland Angle, (a rip-off of the Authority WHILE the Authority is still going)
 
Loved Raw so much last night!, easily one of the best for Soooooooo long!

Apollo Crews, Cesaro, Enzo & Cass, No Triple H or Stephanie, No Cena, Styles new number one contender in the great main event, great crowd...

If this is what Raw will be like under Shane then I'm in!
 
If Smackdown was anything to come by, AJ Styles vs. Roman Reigns is going to be another Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan where Vince is trying to transfer AJ Styles fans onto Roman Reigns. Not sure how this will work because AJ Styles fans are far more passionate than Daniel Bryan fans

Also seeing Bubba Ray and AJ Styles in the ring together reminds of back during their 2 different feuds in TNA with their hilariously bad ending in their Last Man Standing match
 
I think I started watching Raw regularly when they had the Randy Ortan/Triple H feud when Randy was punt kicking everyone. That's as far back as I can remember I don't remember watching it as much as I did earlier than that.
 
I think I started watching Raw regularly when they had the Randy Ortan/Triple H feud when Randy was punt kicking everyone. That's as far back as I can remember I don't remember watching it as much as I did earlier than that.
So 2008 or 2009? I honestly loved their feud in 2009, the storyline was fantastically made for an interbrand storyline. Too bad the match at Wrestlemania 25 didn't do anything special :/
 
Hi all!

The first ever episode of my new Wrestling Podcast is up on Spreaker!

Among other things, the show features a look back at NXT: Dallas, WM32 and Raw, a big question relating to WM33 and the results of the UKPW poll.

It's quite a lengthy show, longer than what we will normally be aiming for (so much so that the audio quality had to take a knock as the original file was above Spreaker's limit). A running order is below so specific parts can be picked out.

Running Order:
00:00 - Intro
01:38 - NXT Takeover: Dallas
29:00 - "What, just have Finn Balor chase Brie Bella around the arena with a chainsaw?"
38:16 - Wrestlemania 32 Pre-Show
50:13 - Wrestlemania 32
56:28 - "The most important thing to remember about AJ Styles is that he's a southern boy, with the farmer's strength."
75:21 - "I could go full heel and say I preferred Brock's match with Big Show at MSG."
92:46 - Adam explains his love for Shaq
96:50 - Adam's first ever betting experience
105:28 - "Wyatt hits a decent promo - Rock replies with ****** jokes."
114:20 - Monday Night Raw
144:00 - "I have a note that merely reads "thank God he stripped."
146:55 - Big Questions
154:22 - UK Pro Wrestling Poll
159:23 - In The Closet with Jack Fenton
163:13 - Outro

So if you'd like to tune in both of us would be massively grateful. If any of you would be interested in coming on the show in some capacity in the future, PM me! It'd be great to have you!

https://www.spreaker.com/user/ohgoodness/oh-goodness-wrestling-1-shinsuke-mania-a
 
I'll take a look during the weekend, once I am done with exams :)
 
Brie Bella has announced her retirement from Professional Wrestling to be with Daniel Bryan.

Shame though, her performance at WM32 wasn't too bad, and I liked her own way of performing the YES! Lock.

2nd Year in a row that a Female Wrestler retired after Wrestlemania. Not to mention their husbands abruptly retired before hand as well.

I wonder who's next?
 
So 2008 or 2009? I honestly loved their feud in 2009, the storyline was fantastically made for an interbrand storyline. Too bad the match at Wrestlemania 25 didn't do anything special :/
I think it was actually around 2007, I do remember when Trump came on Raw. When was the Floyd/Big Show fight I remember watching that Raw too.
 
Happy Paige appreciation day everyone!! (remember she debuted this day 2 years ago in the RAW after mania in a big way by defeating AJ in a fast match and winning the divas title becoming the youngest diva champion in WWE's history) :cheers:
pic 1.jpg
Pic 4.jpg

And yeah, I rampaiged the VIZIV VGT, don't hate me
 
Last edited:


I'm guessing I'm not the only one who needs Booty O's to be real ASAP?

Balor Club:

Also, would anyone else like to see Balor/Bullet Club debut attacking Dean Ambrose? You could have Rollins return for the save, teasing a Shield reunion. Sure enough, Reigns comes out, but puts up the 'too sweet', revealing that he's a member of Balor Club.

Why have Reigns with them? To generate heat. With Balor, Gallows and Anderson debuting they'd get a mountain of pops with most crowds, and Reigns could well cement them as true heels. Don't let him talk, let him spear.

I think it could work.
 
Last edited:
Gallows and Anderson were backstage on Raw this week...
 
Gallows and Anderson were backstage on Raw this week...
I have the feeling that's why AJ Styles is in the title picture now. To have a reasonable scenario for them to interfere. They'll probably consist of Styles, Anderson, Gallows and Balor.
 
I'm actually not to eager of Balor Club being in WWE. I think WWE needs to lay off big stables dominating the storyline for awhile and let the top stars go a bit solo or in smaller groups (like 2 people). TNA suffered from this problem with MEM then Immortal then Aces & Eights then Dixieland then Beat Down Clan. Too many big groups :indiff:
 
Man this just depresses me :(

According to Whatculture.com, Since his debut in October last year; Tyler Breeze has a record of 8 wins, 78 losses and 1 draw.
 
Back