Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,649 comments
  • 771,754 views
You've probably heard about Conner McGregors "Retirement" tweet earlier well the old rumour mill has been running rampant with people expecting him to jump to WWE.
 
You've probably heard about Conner McGregors "Retirement" tweet earlier well the old rumour mill has been running rampant with people expecting him to jump to WWE.
Nah. He needs really top dollar, and Vince isn't likely to dish that much cash out.
 
Nah. He needs really top dollar, and Vince isn't likely to dish that much cash out.

I dunno, Vince could do with some legit talent, especially with everyone injured. Plus hes just gone and followed loads of people on twitter from WWE.
 
I dunno, Vince could do with some legit talent, especially with everyone injured. Plus hes just gone and followed loads of people on twitter from WWE.
Seeing some of that makes me curious to see what happens. I still think it's a long shot, but then again, so was Sting and AJ Styles, and both of them made it over from elsewhere. We'll see.
 
Wow, that sudden.
 
Damn, R.I.P.

It still boggles me that so many wrestlers die at such a relatively young age :(

Hard drug, alcohol, and anabolic steroid abuse. Not so mind-boggling. It's a rough life traveling constantly like that with the WWF. Besides that, Chyna was a total mess.
 
Hard drug, alcohol, and anabolic steroid abuse. Not so mind-boggling. It's a rough life traveling constantly like that with the WWF. Besides that, Chyna was a total mess.
48520b5f335a582f1f2b23aad3962af2e34e1c27c20763931391c85114f9a4df.jpg
 
Finn Balor just lost his NXT Championship to Somoa Joe, in a Live Event.

That is such a disappointing way to lose your title. Titles changing hand on House Shows always irritates me especially since they can easily put the match and title change on a Taping or Live Event.

Though it is probably just a rush to get Finn into the main roster and be with his Bullet Club folk, I really don't want to see the Club in WWE yet especially since we suffered 3 Years of a Major Heel Group. We don't need another one so soon.
 
He should've dropped the belt at the Takeover before Wrestlemania, I think this is them realising they made a mistake and rectifying it, fan footage has emerged of Balor saying 'see you on Monday' to fans as he boarded the coach outside the venue.

Over 290 days as Champ for Balor, didn't really defend it that much though, no surprise he dropped it to Joe, a big influx of guys moving to the main roster lately...
 
Somewhat overshadowed by Prince's death I was also sad to find out that former wrestler Chyna died yesterday. I watched WWF during the attitude era and will never forget her being part of Degeneration X.
 
I think what Chyna did for women of all ages around the world is a bit underrated. She was one of the first women to hit the spotlight, looking like she did. It was basically unheard of to see a woman like that hit fame. I likened her to that time periods Ronda Rousey, in a way. She broke down stereotypes that females need to look a certain way, be interested in certain things, and here we see Chyna towering over guys, muscular and kicking the guys arses. Yes, it was scripted to happen that way, but you can't deny the impact it had on breaking down those stereotypes.

In the news, they are unfortunately using that tag of her being a porn star. Which is unfortunate given the work she did in Wrestling and elsewhere. Sure, her impact wasn't as great as today's women leading the charge. But if you go back, you can certainly make the argument that Chyna helped burn that path for them to follow.
 
In the news, they are unfortunately using that tag of her being a porn star. Which is unfortunate given the work she did in Wrestling and elsewhere. Sure, her impact wasn't as great as today's women leading the charge. But if you go back, you can certainly make the argument that Chyna helped burn that path for them to follow.

It's an unfortunate term that she brought upon herself. You know, because she was a porn star. Same as Sunny Lynch now. It's a shame that their storied careers fell so far apart, but ultimately they made the choice. Both women, Chyna and Sunny, have demolished their reputations and legacies with sex, drugs, and alcohol.
 
Do you think Hunter should be blamed for what happened to Chyna? I mean if it weren't for HHH marrying Steph and used for to rise as a main eventer and left Chyna then I guessed Chyna would've stayed much longer and never do porn and drugs.
 
Do you think Hunter should be blamed for what happened to Chyna? I mean if it weren't for HHH marrying Steph and used for to rise as a main eventer and left Chyna then I guessed Chyna would've stayed much longer and never do porn and drugs.
I don't think HHH used Steph for power, if that was the case the he made a lot of sacrifices, including having a family. Sure he was booke very strongly during the relationship but I don't think HHH did it just to get a boost, He probably does really love Steph, it just so happens she is a McMahon.
 
Do you think Hunter should be blamed for what happened to Chyna? I mean if it weren't for HHH marrying Steph and used for to rise as a main eventer and left Chyna then I guessed Chyna would've stayed much longer and never do porn and drugs.

I don't know the whole story, but from what I know, the situation with HHH probably didn't help. Neither did X-Pac. Nor did Chyna. I think there was a lot to blame. Maybe she was already there, and HHH or others keep her grounded. It's really to hard to tell. She was a c-list celebrity who only made the papers when she 🤬 up. It wasn't like her some story was plastered on every wall of the Internet.
 
But still, I think he just wanted to get the upper power I don't know but still we'll never know. Besides for me I have mixed reactions about HHH's actions in the past and present.
 
Well with an actual family without any signs of resentment makes it hard for me to think HHH only did it for power.

Anyway was Eric Bischoff apart of the Raw Writing Team during HHH's reign of terror? That could also be a reason why HHH was strongly book as Heels were booked very strong in WCW, so some WCW experience could've hit WWE during the period?
 
Well with an actual family without any signs of resentment makes it hard for me to think HHH only did it for power.

Anyway was Eric Bischoff apart of the Raw Writing Team during HHH's reign of terror? That could also be a reason why HHH was strongly book as Heels were booked very strong in WCW, so some WCW experience could've hit WWE during the period?
If Bischoff was part of the Raw Creative during HHH's Reign of Terror, then he could've pushed his WCW stars to become either Intercontinental or World Heavyweight Champion.
 
If Bischoff was part of the Raw Creative during HHH's Reign of Terror, then he could've pushed his WCW stars to become either Intercontinental or World Heavyweight Champion.
but Vince McMahon probably wouldn't allow that (since he loves to hold vandetta's :lol:). The writing can only be approved by him, so HHH is a easy compromise since he is Heel and he is most known in the WWE.

Not to mention most of the WCW Stars were faces in WWE during this period.
 
Ken
It's an unfortunate term that she brought upon herself. You know, because she was a porn star. Same as Sunny Lynch now. It's a shame that their storied careers fell so far apart, but ultimately they made the choice. Both women, Chyna and Sunny, have demolished their reputations and legacies with sex, drugs, and alcohol.
Yes she did bring it upon herself, but nobody should judge her character on that and that only. What happened after fame was unfortunate, and it happens to a lot of people who reach and fall put of fame. We shouldn't solely remember Chyna for what she did in her darkest moments, but what she did in her brightest and how it helped pave the way and set a standard for females around the world.

Do you think Hunter should be blamed for what happened to Chyna? I mean if it weren't for HHH marrying Steph and used for to rise as a main eventer and left Chyna then I guessed Chyna would've stayed much longer and never do porn and drugs.
No. I don't like Paul Levesque as much as the next guy, but he and Steph shouldn't be held accountable for this. Yes, it was a small contributing factor, as love and falling out of it does strange things to people, but to blame them for it, is wrong. They could have handled it better and reached out to her, but from all accounts, that was barely even considered.
 
Last edited:
but Vince McMahon probably wouldn't allow that (since he loves to hold vandetta's :lol:). The writing can only be approved by him, so HHH is a easy compromise since he is Heel and he is most known in the WWE.

Not to mention most of the WCW Stars were faces in WWE during this period.
And the weird thing is that only Goldberg was able to win the WHC belt. For Booker T it took him 2 or 3 years after WM19 to win the WHC belt from Mysterio but for Scott Steiner, he was just a mid to low carder.

Edit:
Just to add something about WWE vs WCW, is this WWF/E's version of the Fingerpoke of Doom?
 
Last edited:
Raw tonight, don't know who is in charge yet, I'm guessing there will be some sort of confrontation between Steph/HHH and Shane, Gallows and Anderson will have their first match on WWE against the Usos, Balor might be there and there had better be acknowledgement of Chyna's passing, a video montage perhaps....
 
So basically this is how WWE paid tribute to Chyna



That's it; no tribute video or anything else, that's just it
 
While I am one for not liking wasting valuable programming on Tributes. I do find it a bit unfair that Chyna doesn't get more appreciation while others who have done more awful things than being a porn star, do.
 
So basically this is how WWE paid tribute to Chyna



That's it; no tribute video or anything else, that's just it

Um here's the video
 
Back