Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,649 comments
  • 771,708 views
Enzo was discharged. He looks to be ok just been diagnosed with a concussion.
 
Enzo was discharged. He looks to be ok just been diagnosed with a concussion.
Whew. That was close. Thought it was a serious injury. So what's going to happen for the Tag Team #1 Contender Final?
 
Whew. That was close. Thought it was a serious injury. So what's going to happen for the Tag Team #1 Contender Final?
Well, with only three weeks till Extreme Rules, they'll probably ditch it and depending on Enzo's recovery time, they'll probably make a Tag Turmoil match at Extreme Rules between Enzo and Cass, Vaudevillians, New Day and the Dudley Boyz, because let's not forget, Enzo and Cass have some unfinished business with them and that would be the easiest way to tie up a loose end in the story.
 
A bit upset they sacrificed what could've been a good Women's Match just to replicate the Montreal Screwjob.

WWE, just Let it Go!!!
 
So it looks like the main event at Extreme Rules will be a rematch between AJ Styles and Roman Reigns.


On another note, did anyone notice how WWE basically muted the crowd in the main event?
 
So it looks like the main event at Extreme Rules will be a rematch between AJ Styles and Roman Reigns.


On another note, did anyone notice how WWE basically muted the crowd in the main event?
I didn't notice that. Well you know why.....Chicago fans who are very 🤬 loud and will chant CM PUNK! CM PUNK! CM PUNK! until WWE snaps.
 
Very scary for Enzo, delighted that he is ok and that it seems to be nothing more than a concussion.

Enjoyed the event overall, Zayn/Owens was MOTN for me and Owens on commentary was brilliant!, the main event was a great match too, the McMahon segment was a bit of a car wreck...
 
So is this RAW 2008-09 all over again where Shane and Steph work together as one GM?

I have a feeling once the siblings had enough of each other, one of them is going to Smackdown! and try to outrank RAW in the ratings and then it sets up a Team Shane vs Team Steph match at Survivor Series and that way WWE can redeem themselves after a shipwreck failure of last year's Survivor Series.
 
So Enzo officially out of hospital, I thought the commentators did a great job last night immediately after the incident and kept up informed though the night, Enzo was unconscious for nearly a minute.
 
Enjoyed Raw last night, lots of interesting things, a few matches made for Extreme Rules, Ambrose and Jericho feud is continuing after Steph cancelled Ambrose Asylum and reinstated the Highlight Reel, Ric Flair 'paid' Charles Robinson to screw Natayla out of the Women's title match, Titus O'Neill returned to action.
 
Enjoyed Raw last night, lots of interesting things, a few matches made for Extreme Rules, Ambrose and Jericho feud is continuing after Steph cancelled Ambrose Asylum and reinstated the Highlight Reel, Ric Flair 'paid' Charles Robinson to screw Natayla out of the Women's title match, Titus O'Neill returned to action.
The one thing I don't get about this women's title match is how banning Ric Flair from ringside would help. I don't recall him bribing the ref from the side of the ring. Slipping tickets to space mountain under the bottom rope. So what's to stop him bribing the ref out back again.
 
Titus O'Neill returned to action

And let's not forget about Damien Mizdow! Although he had been in a match against Baron Corbin, he finally got a little bit of air time again on Raw. And Tyler Breeze won a match on Raw!
Things are changing, people!

The one thing I don't get about this women's title match is how banning Ric Flair from ringside would help. I don't recall him bribing the ref from the side of the ring. Slipping tickets to space mountain under the bottom rope. So what's to stop him bribing the ref out back again.

The whole angle to the thing really is that many believe (including the women's locker room) that Charlotte only wins and has retained her title because of the interference (active or passively) by her father, Ric. I can certainly see this angle sticking, they've been constantly doing it, and actually banning Ric from ringside could lose her the title. Not to mention that there have been reports of Ric having quite a few "incidents" with alcohol and generally maybe trying to slowly, but surely to keep Ric out of the action.

Generally speaking I do think that Charlotte is a fantastic champion, certainly one of the most capable women in the ring and I personally cannot see Natalya living up to that. Not to mention that many, myself included, want to see Bayley debut on RAW, for a potential reunion of the "Four Horsewomen", so I don't know how such a story line could play out. With Becky stuck in a feud with Emma and even losing to her (WTF?), I don't know how this could play out.

Considering the recent trend of tournaments for a contender match, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to the idea of actually getting all divas out and determening a No.1 contender, probably after Extreme Rules. That way Becky, Sasha, Emma, Paige, Natalya (and potentially Bayley) having a go at the title. I certainly hope that WWE realizes what potential they have in most of the women's locker room. Heck, even Summer Rae isn't too bad!
 
WWE have released talent today, Alex Riley, Hornswaggle, Zeb Coulter, Cameron, Santino Marella, and El Torito all gone.

Nothing really major there but I have read some that Randy Orton has gone too but that's just a rumour (I think!), that will be pretty big news....

EDIT: Wade Barrett now gone as well, turning into a Bloodbath now!
 
Last edited:
WWE have released talent today, Alex Riley, Hornswaggle, Zeb Coulter, Cameron, Santino Marella, and El Torito all gone.

Nothing really major there but I have read some that Randy Orton has gone too but that's just a rumour (I think!), that will be pretty big news....

EDIT: Wade Barrett now gone as well, turning into a Bloodbath now!
I heard that there would be releases today. Barrett was leaving at the end of his contract (juneish) anyway. Shame to see him wasted all these years.

Cameron had just come out in support of Ryback and his "unfairness" in wrestling rant so that's probably linked.

Santino I thought was released a while back.

Shame about Coulter. They could have just kept him for backstage, Dutch has a great mind for the business.

Strange about Riley I though he was getting a jobbers push on NXT.

I doubt they'd release Orton. He'd go elsewhere and wrestle no problem as a part timer for big bucks. He's still got a big money following.
 
EDIT: Wade Barrett now gone as well, turning into a Bloodbath now!

And now Damian Sandow.

They're staggering the updates so there could be even more...
 
And now Damian Sandow.

7rKIO4o.gif
 
Ignore the Orton thing, some dick on Twitter spreading crap.

strange how they release these and not Otunga, although I say that when he could still go today...
 
I could actually see this as a good thing for Sandow. He could probably be like Drew McIntyre and be a massive star in other companies like TNA, ROH, NJPW etc. He definitely did had the fan support even when the Mizdow gimmick was dropped he just needs a company who can properly use him.
 
Sandow-s.jpg


This was in response to Jim Cornette's comments on twitter that they are releasing talent today to make room for more divas (AUP friendly language).
 
Ignore the Orton thing, some dick on Twitter spreading crap.

strange how they release these and not Otunga, although I say that when he could still go today...

Otunga is a part of WWE's legal team, or so I've heard.
 
Anyone else notice Ryback was out of the Raw intro? That and his merch being on sale pretty much means he is gone / going.
 
Another good Raw last night, I make that about 5 good ones in a row, one match made official for ER in two weeks, Dana Brooke made her main roster debut (never been a fan of hers), Ambrose took revenge for Jericho destroying Mitch (the potted plant), the Reigns/Styles/Club storyline is progressing well.
 
So there has been a lot of stuff on Twitter about WWE announcing its next televised live event special, which is basically a house show that is on TV, apparently its going to be in Honolulu, Hawaii in a few weeks and these are some of the matches, Cena v Nakamura, Owens v Lesnar and Charlotte v Asuka...

Sounds great right, one pretty major problem however, its not on WWE.com and it wasn't mentioned on Raw last night, sounds like some idiot spreading rumours again.
 
Cena 's Nakamura...please let this be real!
 
Two bits of news, WWE have released the Brooklyn Brawler, hasn't been on TV for years but has been employed by them for nearly thirty years.

Adam Rose has been arrested for tampering and domestic violence, his mugshot is doing the rounds....
 
Going outside of WWE again, New Japan is having their first Ladder match at their Dominion PPV June 19th, Kenny Omega defending the IWGP Intercontinental Championship v.s Hiroshi Tanahashi.
 
Back