Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,650 comments
  • 771,791 views
I think if the Brand Split is going to be a success, the WHC needs to be reactivated by doing the Brock Lesnar way. Remember when he became Undisputed Champion after beating The Rock and eventually became exclusive to Smackdown including the title? That's where the WHC title has been activated but it needs to crowned by a Fatal 4 Way match not by giving it.
 
I would rather see a tournament to crown the next World Heavyweight Champion.
 
Well Raw last night and I wont spoil it for anyone but I will say that I love it when the WWE surprises me!...
 
Looks like Goldberg will be in WWE 2K17.

Is he back?
 
Looks like Goldberg will be in WWE 2K17.

Is he back?


Could be. They did that with Sting and 2K14, announcing him to the game, and then he debuted for real not long after.

It strikes me as a little stupid though. Goldberg isn't on the same level as Sting by any stretch, and the #Hatch campaign on Twitter had a lot of people excited for something good happening on the show.

That being said, it is very interesting that a 'Suplex City' logo appears over Goldberg as a reflection at the end of the ad, but I don't really care about the guy enough to be hyped for a potential return against Lesnar or really anyone else.

Meh.
 
Accidental double post. Disregard.
 
Raw was pretty bland and/or disappointing throughout the show, I won't spoil it but I wasn't very impressed.
 
Just got tickets to the June 18th show in LA. Super hyped. This is my 4th time attending. Ive been to 2 Raws and HIAC back in October, Man All I remember from that show was how loud the boos Cena got when he came out.
 
Just got tickets to the June 18th show in LA. Super hyped. This is my 4th time attending. Ive been to 2 Raws and HIAC back in October, Man All I remember from that show was how loud the boos Cena got when he came out.

I'm going to my first wrestling show ever later this month - NXT in Bournemouth. :)
 
I haven't gone to a WWE event in a long time. The first was the June 24, 2008 taping of Smackdown/ECW, and the last event I went to was Wrestlemania 25.
 
Man, 2 versions of Goldberg and 2 WCW arenas as a pre-order bonus got me sold. Was thinking about pre-ordering GT Sport, but Ill just wait until after launch.
 
Well, Brock won't be in WWE anytime soon. He was just confirmed to be fighting at the UFC 200 card. So you could rule out a Summerslam appearance depending on how fast he recovers.

As a UFC fan, I hate that decision. That spot should have gone to someone who deserved it and has actually been fighting with the company.
 
I think someone from WWE will run in during his fight and set up a SummerSlam match with him, this could be a work...

At a live show on Friday the main event was a WWE Championship match and it was Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles vs Seth Rollins, they had a Wrestlemania main event at a house show in Oklahoma!.
 
3 things to say on this:

1. Keep hearing the same rumour that UFC is up for sale, could we see VKM buy it to try and monopolise the market (again) even though I'm pretty sure he'd ruin UFC.

2. It's really a difficult position for VKM and WWE. If brock wins then the wwe looks great. One of their fighters is a legit fighter who legitimately would win in fights rather than a "fake" fighter as many outside people see them. On the other hand if he loses or even worse taps out where do wwe go from there. The Beast Incarnate just tapped out.

3. I have also hear that Brock held up VKM at WM for more money and the ability to have another UFC fight. If true then shame on brock.
 
I think someone from WWE will run in during his fight and set up a SummerSlam match with him, this could be a work...
No. Dana White doesn't do works, or in his own words, "fake stuff". This is a legit fight, whomever he ends up facing (most likely the Australian Mark Hunt).

I'm intrigued though by the thought of which businessman was the "weaker" one here. Did Vince hold Dana White out by wanting a fighter in return (Ronda Rousey perhaps considering she likely won't fight in the UFC till 2017) or was it Lesnar who held McMahon out, threatening to walk if he doesn't get his way. Considering the fact McMahon hates the UFC because it's "barbaric", but also does double standards for Lesnar because Vince has wet dreams about him, I'd say the last one is probable.

But the WWE now runs the risk of their unbeatable monster being laid out in a very real fight. Which can't be good for WWE or Brock Lesnar's validity.
 
No. Dana White doesn't do works, or in his own words, "fake stuff". This is a legit fight, whomever he ends up facing (most likely the Australian Mark Hunt).
I wouldn't say that. While MMA Fights are legit fights, the interviews and and all that in MMA with fighters "hating" each other with some acting like douches has always been questionable with it looking like typical pro wrestling writing/

Dana White has said that UFC was more of an Entertainment than a Sport, that is why CM Punk got into UFC without any previous MMA experience.
 
I wouldn't say that. While MMA Fights are legit fights, the interviews and and all that in MMA with fighters "hating" each other with some acting like douches has always been questionable with it looking like typical pro wrestling writing/

Dana White has said that UFC was more of an Entertainment than a Sport, that is why CM Punk got into UFC without any previous MMA experience.
The hatred among many is very much legit. Sure, it really only starts as trash talk to entertain people or be talked about, the hatred is very much real amongst most. Think Daniel Cormier and Jon Jones or Urijah Faber and Dominic Cruz or Ronda Rousey and Cris Cyborg.

CM Punk got into UFC based on the media storm and the interest surrounding his next move, which has all but died off now.

No sum of money would get Dana White to make Lesnar's fight a work. It's pure stupidity from a business point of view as it will completely demolish all validity the UFC has. If they even considered it, they'll be a whole host of people from within the UFC that would consider walking, from Joe Rogan (who's also been critical against the "fake" business of pro wrestling) to possibly Nate Diaz (who slammed Punk for just walking in from wrestling and getting a spot on a main card).

Sure, it's an interesting and new storyline, but I highly doubt Dana White would let Vince do such a thing.
 
Eh Raw was OK I guess, another match made for MITB, NXT live event The End is tomorrow night.
 
Punk Vs Gall is officially announced for UFC202. If Punk gets it handed to him I wonder what he'd do next.
 
Eh Raw was OK I guess, another match made for MITB, NXT live event The End is tomorrow night.
I liked the Teddy Long return, though it was made relatively pointless in the end unless he actually does come back to run Smackdown.
 
though it was made relatively pointless in the end unless he actually does come back to run Smackdown.

This part I do have to personally disagree with to some extent. I'd personally love more one-off cameos from older personalities. Here's looking at you, Doink the Clown.
 
SHEILD reunion on Raw tonight, Ambrose hosts his Asylum with Reigns and Rollins as his guests...
 
SHEILD reunion on Raw tonight, Ambrose hosts his Asylum with Reigns and Rollins as his guests...

So either going to end up as a big brawl or a re-union. Tag Team division has gone from New Day vs Uso's to being pretty crowded. Social Outkasts, VaaudeVilles, Enzo/Cass, Y2AJ for a bit, Dudley Boyz, hell why not throw in SHIELD and a Evolution Reunion (with Orton coming back some point and Rollins betraying Triple H) for a tag team melee :lol:
 
So if you like yer flippy cruiserweights then the lineup for the Cruiserweight Classic is as follows:
  • Kota Ibushi
  • Gran Metalik
  • Tajiri
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Noam Dar
  • Da Mack
  • Zumbi
  • Clement Petiot
  • Fabian Aichner
  • Harv Sihra
  • Gurv Sihra
  • Rich Swann
  • Brian Kendrick
  • Cedric Alexander
  • Akira Tozawa
  • Jack Gallagher
  • Johnny Gargano
  • Tony Nese
  • Tommaso Ciampa
  • Ho Ho Lun
  • TJ Perkins
  • Anthony Bennett
  • Drew Gulak
  • Tyson Dux
  • Lince Dorado
  • Sean Maluta
  • Raul Mendoza
  • Kenneth Johnson
  • Alejandro Saez
  • Damian Slater
  • Jason Lee
  • Ariya Daivari

Pick a winner.
 
So if you like yer flippy cruiserweights then the lineup for the Cruiserweight Classic is as follows:
  • Kota Ibushi
  • Gran Metalik
  • Tajiri
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Noam Dar
  • Da Mack
  • Zumbi
  • Clement Petiot
  • Fabian Aichner
  • Harv Sihra
  • Gurv Sihra
  • Rich Swann
  • Brian Kendrick
  • Cedric Alexander
  • Akira Tozawa
  • Jack Gallagher
  • Johnny Gargano
  • Tony Nese
  • Tommaso Ciampa
  • Ho Ho Lun
  • TJ Perkins
  • Anthony Bennett
  • Drew Gulak
  • Tyson Dux
  • Lince Dorado
  • Sean Maluta
  • Raul Mendoza
  • Kenneth Johnson
  • Alejandro Saez
  • Damian Slater
  • Jason Lee
  • Ariya Daivari

Pick a winner.
Tommaso Ciampa
 
Wait, Brian Kendrick is in this :lol:.

I'm picking him to be the winner just because he once had a shot at the WWE Championship in a PPV.
 
So if you like yer flippy cruiserweights then the lineup for the Cruiserweight Classic is as follows:
  • Kota Ibushi
  • Gran Metalik
  • Tajiri
  • Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Noam Dar
  • Da Mack
  • Zumbi
  • Clement Petiot
  • Fabian Aichner
  • Harv Sihra
  • Gurv Sihra
  • Rich Swann
  • Brian Kendrick
  • Cedric Alexander
  • Akira Tozawa
  • Jack Gallagher
  • Johnny Gargano
  • Tony Nese
  • Tommaso Ciampa
  • Ho Ho Lun
  • TJ Perkins
  • Anthony Bennett
  • Drew Gulak
  • Tyson Dux
  • Lince Dorado
  • Sean Maluta
  • Raul Mendoza
  • Kenneth Johnson
  • Alejandro Saez
  • Damian Slater
  • Jason Lee
  • Ariya Daivari

Pick a winner.

e1c9e63232e0d5aa72674f999d34f4d1.jpg


TAJIRI?
 
Back