Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,649 comments
  • 771,708 views
So Dean Ambrose and Chris Jericho's match is no longer a singles match (thank god) but instead a totally original concept and not at all a rip-off of the Lethal Lockdown TNA match Asylum match.

I don't have a problem with it, though it is hilarious when WWE fans have been accusing TNA of ripping storylines and ideas (which they do, I admit, especially in 2014 (that was a bad time to be a TNA fan)) but now we have WWE pulling the same strings :lol:

Granted I think ECW did the concept before any of them did it.
 
Hated the music they used for the cage.
 
Just seen Raw, eh thought it was a ok but nothing compared to recent weeks, the 'Asylum' is just a normal steel cage painted Black with stuff stuck to the top of it (don't TNA have a similar sort of thing? Cant remember what its called), not much in the way of good in-ring action, best part for me was the Styles Clash on the chair to Roman (cant believe that actually happened!) ,thought the contract signing segment was pretty good, Charlotte's promos are getting better but her voice is annoying.
 
Hated the music they used for the cage.
Feel like they are going too far with Ambrose being "Psychotic".

From the music of the cage to try to "suit" his character, to him actually acting stupid instead of insane (there is a difference), feels like they are losing focus with his character.
 
Feel like they are going too far with Ambrose being "Psychotic".

From the music of the cage to try to "suit" his character, to him actually acting stupid instead of insane (there is a difference), feels like they are losing focus with his character.
I know, it just sounded too cheesy to me.
 
This was probably one of the weakest RAW's after WM. The promos certainly were the highlights. Although the concept of the Asylum match may be a rip off (which it ultimately is), Jericho's and Ambroses promo was pretty damn good. Charlotte's and Natalya's promo was also decent and the New Day delivered, once again, the laughs. Even Roman's promo was somewhat decent, and I think that nobody can deny that he has improved ever since WWE has set him up to be an "inbetweener".

Good to see that WWE is bringing back the ruthless Rusev, and I really hope that this could be mean that they'll "re-heat" the battle between him and Cena so that he'll drop the title to Cena, maybe at Summerslam. The Vaudevillians were looking strong after the attack and so did Big Cass. However he really should keep the "stuttering" out of his promos. Buba has dropped this gimmick a LONG time ago.

Generally the card looks good for Extreme Rules, however given the PG era, I think that we won't see much if any blood, which kinda defeats the purpose. Especially the Asylum match and the WWE HW championship match scream for blood. But one can hope, eh?
 
I don't think Blood is needed to be Extreme, sure it adds drama but you don't exactly need it to be extreme.
 
I don't think Blood is needed to be Extreme, sure it adds drama but you don't exactly need it to be extreme.

I'm very much aware of that, but like you've said yourself, it'll add to the drama.
 
I'm very much aware of that, but like you've said yourself, it'll add to the drama.
While AJ Styles and Reigns can benefit from the added drama. Dean and Jericho's "drama" would be silly, a story about talk shows, plants, jackets and stupidity, feels like another episode of an abridged show.

Their match at Payback was my "toilet break" match, this will be the same.
 
Cody Rhodes has asked for his release....
 
Full card for Extreme Rules tonight

Kick-Off Show

No Disqualification Match

Dolph Ziggler v Baron Corbin

-----------------------------------------------------

United States Championship
Kalisto (c) v Rusev

Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) v The Vaudevillians

Tag Team Tornado Match
Gallows & Anderson v The Usos

Intercontinental Championship-Fatal Four Way
The Miz (c) v Cesaro v Sami Zayn v Kevin Owens

Asylum Cage Match
Dean Ambrose v Chris Jericho

Women's Championship-Submission Match
Charlotte (c) v Natalya (Ric Flair banned from ringside)

WWE World Heavyweight Championship-Extreme Rules Match
Roman Reigns (c) v AJ Styles

Good looking card, only match I really dislike the that cage match, they might have ruined a good rivalry with a stupid gimmick but we will have to wait and see on that.

Not in work tomorrow so I will be watching tonight. 👍
 
Cody Rhodes has asked for his release....

Apparently, Cody and Goldust both walked out prior to the Smackdown tapings this week.
 
Asylum Cage Match
Dean Ambrose v Chris Jericho

Good looking card, only match I really dislike the that cage match, they might have ruined a good rivalry with a stupid gimmick but we will have to wait and see on that.


I don't understand the stipulation either. I know there's 'no escape', but surely heel Y2J would just throw another potted plant at Dean, climb the cage and leave if he feels like he's on the losing end?
 
Cody has been released. Well that all came from nowhere. I was really hoping they'd do something with him too.
 
Well most of that ppv was boring imo.

Seth Rollins is back! :)
I'm betting that he's gonna do the I'm back and I never lost my title story line and the John cena will say he wants a shot then It'll be a triple threat at Money in the Bank.
 
I'm betting that he's gonna do the I'm back and I never lost my title story line and the John cena will say he wants a shot then It'll be a triple threat at Money in the Bank.
Well if that was to happen then I hope they do the right thing and have crossfit jesus win
 
I wished that they would've kept Rollins out until Royal Rumble. Not that I'm trying to replicate Triple H's return back in 2001 but it would've have been perfect.

I wonder, is Rollins now a face character after that beatdown on Reigns?
 
I think he'll be getting cheered whether they want him face or heel either way especially going up against Reigns.

It was heading that way before the injury anyway.
 
Extreme Rules pretty boring to watch.

I loved the Intercontinental Championship match, definitely filled with action and all 4 guys pulled their own wait to make this match exciting.

Women's Championship was bull:censored:, I was looking forward to this match to see Charlotte properly defend the title but instead we have more Ric Flair 🤬, talk about a Women's Revolution.

Main Event was ok until the end, too much interfering from both sides turned it into a massive cluster where Finishers meant nothing.

The very end of the PPV was a great cliff-hanger though, can't to see what happens on Raw :)
 
I think Miz certainly showed he dtill has the talent and ability to be a champion. All four in that match showed they deserved it.
 
The PPV was ok IMO, enjoyed the main event, IC title match and the last 5-10 mins of the cage match, the Women's match was a load of ******** that got me really angry last night, just terrible, god-awful booking, rest of the card was ok.
 
To no one's surprise, Adam Rose has been released.
 
Last year or so has been rough for him, but cant blame WWE for making this decision....
 
Sooo close on getting the money in the bank match right.
 
While I would love to see KO win. I think we need a Face to win MitB.

We haven't seen a MitB Winner who was Face and stayed face during the cash in title reign since CM Punk in 2008. I think we need something interesting.
 
Liked Raw, some good matches in the MITB Qualifiers and the Owens/AJ match was great, liked the Charlotte/Ric segment too.

Predictable that Reigns v Rollins has been made for the title but still should be a good match, nice to see Enzo back, Cena's return is next week!
 
Back