Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,649 comments
  • 771,742 views
I would like to announce the sad passing of Chris Warren. Warren wrote and performed many of the WWE theme songs used by wrestlers and tag teams alike (including Degeneration-X). I will update you on cause of death if we get it.

Edit 1: He was 49 when he passed Sunday. A memorial service will be held this weekend.
 
Raw was pretty good, really liked the SHIELD and Styles/Cena bits.

I also watched Takeover: The End on Saturday night, really enjoyed it, Aries v Nakamura and the tag championship match were awesome, big big fan of Nakamura!, thought the Samoa Joe/Balor match wasn't as good as some of the other matches they have had...
 
So bought tickets to my first indy wrestling show (CHIKARA's No One's First, And You're Next). Pumped as can be.
 
I would like to announce the sad passing of Chris Warren. Warren wrote and performed many of the WWE theme songs used by wrestlers and tag teams alike (including Degeneration-X). I will update you on cause of death if we get it.

Edit 1: He was 49 when he passed Sunday. A memorial service will be held this weekend.
So sad. Known for making songs for DX members Triple H (My Time, and Break it Down) and X-Pac (Make Some Noise).

Wait 49? He died at 49? Way too early just like Chyna.
 
So I went to NXT in Bournemouth last night. It was my first ever wrestling event, and it was absolutely awesome!

We had Joe vs. Balor, Revival vs. American Alpha, "Cien" vs. Aries and Roode vs. Nakamura. No Way Jose, Tye Dillinger and a variety of others were also there on the undercard, and Asuka defended the women's title against Peyton Royce.

There wasn't a bad match on the card, and the night was incredible. An entire arena singing Nakamura's theme was an absolutely breath-taking sight and sound.

Myself and the friend I was with ended up on the titantron (they showed a bunch of social media activity on there before the first match), and I caught Chad Gable's shirt!



If you haven't been to an NXT event yet, I'd strongly recommend breaking some arms off in order to get to one!
 
Jerry Lawler has been arrested for domestic violence and battery after an argument with his fiancé turned violent, reports saying that he put a gun on the kitchen counter at their home and told her to kill herself, which was nice of him, he has of course been suspended by the WWE.
 
That's easily it for Lawler. I highly doubt you'll be seeing him back on TV ever again. Who's gonna fill his spot? Graves? JBL? Cole? Otunga?
 
Watched No Way Out 2008 on the network, when did Ortan change to the I Hear Voices song? I thought he had it in 2008.
 
Watched No Way Out 2008 on the network, when did Ortan change to the I Hear Voices song? I thought he had it in 2008.
I think it was after Wrestlemania XXIV.

I now want to go back and watch No Way Out 2009, it did a perfect job of setting up Wrestlemania while at the same time keeping its own to be an unpredictable, exciting event (especially thanks to Edge).
 
I kinda miss WWE live performances of wrestler's theme song during their entrance. Only Mysterio, Triple H, Mark Henry, Undertaker, and Randy Orton had those type of entrance.
 
I kinda miss WWE live performances of wrestler's theme song during their entrance. Only Mysterio, Triple H, Mark Henry, Undertaker, and Randy Orton had those type of entrance.
Didn't Cena technically have one too with the marching band?
 
Money In The Bank tonight, here is the card

Kick-off Show

GoldenTruth v BreezDango

The Dudley Boyz v The Lucha Dragons

-------------------------------------------------------------

Dolph Zigger v Baron Corbin

Sheamus v Apollo Crews

Tag Team Championship-Fatal Four Way
The New Day (c) v The Club v Enzo & Cass v The Vaudevillians

Dana Brooke & Charlotte v Becky Lynch & Natalya

United States Championship
Rusev v Titus O'Neill

John Cena v AJ Styles

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Alberto Del Rio, Kevin Owens, Cesaro, Chris Jericho, Dean Ambrose & Sami Zayn

WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Roman Reigns (c) v Seth Rollins


Really looking forward to tonight, card looks great 👍
 
Big WWE News:



Too many former superstars to list were contacted by WWE to reappear in the brand split. Among them, Kurt Angle and Bill Goldberg are chief targets for Vince in the brand split. It was also said that Jeff Hardy wants to finish his career in WWE when his contract expires, and Rey Misterio, who left WWE on good terms, also wants to return. Both Hardy and Misterio are currently under contract for TNA and Lucha Underground respectively.
 
Hopefully they'll use Kurts You Suck theme.
 
I knew it. Dean wins MITB ladder match then cashes in on Seth after Seth won the title from Reigns. It's more of a retribution after Seth betrayed him and Roman.
 
I knew it. Dean wins MITB ladder match then cashes in on Seth after Seth won the title from Reigns. It's more of a retribution after Seth betrayed him and Roman.

Nothing like a spoiler.
 
Then I'm betting a triple threat between the three of them at Battleground.
 
Honeslty wasn't a fan of Dean Ambrose winning it all. I like the guy and very happy for him to pull out the wins, but it was far too predictable and how this story was written wasn't very exciting.

I tried shifting the prediction card on Kevin Owens or Alberto Del Rio but I couldn't, Dean was way to obvious.

The other matches were relatively boring or disappointing (The Club, Charlotte), though Titus vs. Rusev was probably the best 🤬 break match yet :lol:.

The only thing that excited me story-wise was Natalya's attack on Becky Lynch.
 
So what if it was predictable it was still an awesome moment, really happy for Dean as I'm a fan of his.

It was a show of two halves for me, the first sort of 90 minutes were pretty crap with the shambolic tag team title match (last few minutes of that was a complete mess), Ziggler/Corbin went on for too long and probably shouldn't have had the match in the first place, Most interesting thing about the Women's tag match was what happened after it and Sheamus/Crews was good but the crowd were completely silent (Crews did a beautiful Moonsault from the apron that got zero reaction) and the finish was screwy.

The second 90 minutes though were great, Cena and Styles was match of the night for me, superb as expected and the crowd finally woke up for this one, yeah the finish was a bit crap but at least it sets up for the feud continuing for the next two months, Ladder match was really good but I think we have seen better MITB matches, Rollins/Reigns was also good and the significant thing for me was Rollins pinned Reigns clean, and we did see all three members of the SHEILD be WWE World Heavyweight Champion in the space of a few minutes.

Raw should be good tonight....
 
So what if it was predictable it was still an awesome moment, really happy for Dean as I'm a fan of his.

An awesome moment has to be surprising for me, Money in the Bank cash ins are usually great moments due to being surprises. I knew exactly what buttons are bring pressed for Dean Ambrose, it isn't exciting when you know what exactly happens.

Like I said before I like Dean and think his reign will be very interesting but how he won it won't be very memorable for me.

I do agree that Raw shall be interesting :lol:
 
Tomorrow is the 1st Smackdown live, the Draft is tonight if im correct?
 
It is July 19th and it was announced earlier that that first live episode would have the Draft....
 
Two Raw and Smackdown podiums set up on the stage tonight... Possibly GM related.

PEOPLE POWER! Johnny Ace is sadly back.

Terrible botched ending during the Women's Championship match. But that's not gonna be remembered as Sasha Banks is back.

Wyatt Family returned. Bit of a weird promo with the New Day. Hopefully they continue with something that happened in the promo (Woods being out of consciousness as he walks towards the Family).

Meanwhile, asides from John Lauranitis, the Raw and Smackdown podiums still haven't been used, with just a spotlight on both of them throughout the night.

The podiums are only there so the fans know there will be a draft in a months time....

Oh hey. I forgot there was an Intercontinental Title. Nice seeing it again.

And Triple Threat at Battleground. Pulled the trigger too early there. Should have saved it for Summerslam at least.
 
Last edited:
Back