Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,649 comments
  • 771,749 views
Ha I was right about the battleground triple threat.
 
Is that why he lost yesterday?
 
Is that why he lost yesterday?

Probably not, as a triple threat match was set up for Battleground between him, Rollins, and Ambrose. I can't imagine setting him up in the main event of they knew this was going to be the outcome.
 
Is that why he lost yesterday?
Raw he didn't lose. It was a draw which set up the gorgeous triple threat at Battleground, which I carry fair assumption will not be happening as Ken said. I think he might have reported himself to upper brass, which may prevent a terrible fall from grace, but ouch...
 
Raw he didn't lose. It was a draw which set up the gorgeous triple threat at Battleground, which I carry fair assumption will not be happening as Ken said. I think he might have reported himself to upper brass, which may prevent a terrible fall from grace, but ouch...

Oh sorry meant at the PPV. The crowd will have a field day when he returns.
 
Oh sorry meant at the PPV. The crowd will have a field day when he returns.
It'll be I guess akin to what Cena goes through regularly. This provides WWE one last opportunity to TURN HIM HEEL!
 
It'll be I guess akin to what Cena goes through regularly. This provides WWE one last opportunity to TURN HIM HEEL!

Reigns as a heel is much needed. There really isn't a top heel right now.
 
Ken
Reigns as a heel is much needed. There really isn't a top heel right now.
There's several if WWE had competent writers outside of NXT. That's literally the biggest problem with everything right now. The writers seem so helpless and just rehash the same material, which has worked maybe once ever.
 
Ken
Reigns as a heel is much needed. There really isn't a top heel right now.

Realistically, the biggest heels we currently have are Jericho, Owens and the Miz. Not to mention that Reigns has turned out to be very heel-ish in his match against Owens at MITB, as well as in the promo. But a good heel needs good mic skills, and Reigns still has some ways to go.

Maybe he'll be able to practice them in the 30 days susp.
 
There's several if WWE had competent writers outside of NXT. That's literally the biggest problem with everything right now. The writers seem so helpless and just rehash the same material, which has worked maybe once ever.

I couldn't agree more. They ignore the WWE Universe. They drop a good buildup too soon. They bury the great talent like Zigglet. I'm to the point where I want to see the NXT promoted as the top brand.
 
Realistically, the biggest heels we currently have are Jericho, Owens and the Miz. Not to mention that Reigns has turned out to be very heel-ish in his match against Owens at MITB, as well as in the promo. But a good heel needs good mic skills, and Reigns still has some ways to go.

Maybe he'll be able to practice them in the 30 days susp.
I think Roman's issue on the mic stems very much from the word for word scripting. Some of his promos against Stephanie were pretty gold heel material had they been targeted towards the audience. If they allowed some free flow with the promos, I think Roman can show a lot better skills. He's certainly not a good actor which is a great thing really.
 
Realistically, the biggest heels we currently have are Jericho, Owens and the Miz. Not to mention that Reigns has turned out to be very heel-ish in his match against Owens at MITB, as well as in the promo. But a good heel needs good mic skills, and Reigns still has some ways to go.

Maybe he'll be able to practice them in the 30 days susp.


Jericho is a great heel and still puts on some great matches. I wouldn't mind seeing him pushed further than a mid-card guy. Owens, great monster. But I don't feel he's the best on the mic. I find him rather boring. I have always felt that about him. If they used him as a monster and kept him off the mic, he's a got a bright future. Miz, eh. I just don't like him. I can't put my finger on why. He just doesn't work for me in any capacity. Reigns, well, Angel said it best with this:

I think Roman's issue on the mic stems very much from the word for word scripting. Some of his promos against Stephanie were pretty gold heel material had they been targeted towards the audience. If they allowed some free flow with the promos, I think Roman can show a lot better skills. He's certainly not a good actor which is a great thing really.

Styles has potential. But I feel they are writing him and the Club all wrong. It's all to old of a storyline. It's lame.

Rhode and EY could be a good shot in the arm when they come up. Joe too. But I'm just not excited for when they do. Mark my word. They'll team them up with Styles and do a TNA invasion story with Sting as the leader. Maybe Angle.

WWE just needs to get the "Vince" out. I really feel that he is trying to relive the 80's nostalgia train. He's killing the brand that he once made great by trying the same formula over and over.

#LetHHHreign

#MAKEWWEGREATAGAIN
 
Ken
Owens, great monster. But I don't feel he's the best on the mic. I find him rather boring.

What? Like seriously, what? He's one of the funniest and wittiest guys on the microphone.
 
What? Like seriously, what? He's one of the funniest and wittiest guys on the microphone.
My problem with KO, and likewise Jericho is that while they are great at ticking people off and reminding everyone that they don't care, they get repetitive, especially Jericho. KO just needs better booking which has long been a theme.
 
What? Like seriously, what? He's one of the funniest and wittiest guys on the microphone.

I find him drab.
 
Well the suspension is thirty days and Battleground is thirty-three days away so I cant see that main event changing, how they are going to write him out for the next month I don't know.

Thisis the time to turn him heel when he comes back because the hostile reaction he gets now will be nothing like the reaction he will get when he comes back, he also misses the Draft show on the first live Smackdown in a few weeks.

He has since tweeted apologising and taking responsabiltiy for it, good to see him owning up...
 
Dave Meltzer stated on Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE knew of Roman Reigns' "wellness policy" violation in advance of yesterday's Raw and in fact, they likely knew before Sunday's PPV as well.

-- With Reigns being suspended for 30 days and Battleground scheduled for July 24, simple math shows that Reigns suspension would be over before the PPV. However, if he is not on TV, it remains to be seen how WWE would explain his absence, assuming they go ahead with the Triple Threat match for the title (which all signs indicate that they will). It also remains to be seen how WWE will handle Reigns involvement in the July 19 draft, though technically he doesn't need to be there for that show.
 
ROMAN. REIGNS.
THE GUY WITH THE BIGGEST PECS.
ROMAN. REIGNS.
THE GUY WHO DOES LOTS OF DRUGS.
 
The Shield triple threat, in my opinion, would be best saved for SummerSlam anyways, provided that WWE doesn't jump the shark on Reigns as a top contender long term. My plan would be to put the belt on Rollins at Battleground in a one on one match up against Ambrose, and then have Ambrose and Reigns exercise their rematch clauses in a triple threat at SummerSlam. Nice neat way to work around the suspension.
 
Well there's precedent for losing your push when it comes to violations of the Wellness Policy (Mr Kennedy) then there's also precedent to nothing happening (Randy Orton numerous times), but you can definitely tell that Reigns won't lose his push. The fact they hid it until today and he won't lose his title shot (right after he earnt it whilst the Top Brass knew about the violation) shows quite clearly he won't lose his push. Doesn't rule out a heel turn, but forget about him not being pushed.

It's all very dodgey and will peeve a lot of talent off that he gets away without a punishment (asides from a 30-day holiday).
 
I'm waiting for Cena to come out like Hardy did in this video. Lol that would be great but I doubt it'll happen
 
The Shield triple threat, in my opinion, would be best saved for SummerSlam anyways, provided that WWE doesn't jump the shark on Reigns as a top contender long term. My plan would be to put the belt on Rollins at Battleground in a one on one match up against Ambrose, and then have Ambrose and Reigns exercise their rematch clauses in a triple threat at SummerSlam. Nice neat way to work around the suspension.
At the same time, they need to actually make sure people watch Battleground. That was the problem with 2014 Battleground, there was no point in watching it (except for the IC Battle Royal) as Summerslam would just one-up it in every way.

That's why I think Rollins vs. Lesnar was chosen for Battleground as well as to hype up Lesnar vs. Undertaker at Summerslam. Especially since Undertaker returning was a surprise.
 
Wonder what the original plans were for that match...
 
Wonder what the original plans were for that match...

My headcanon says #KeepRomanStrong, Owens wins MITB, Zayn wins title at Summerslam, Owens cashes in and wins, Zayn wins 2017 Rumble, Owen/Zayn continue their FIGHT FOREVER feud at WM 33.
 
Back