Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,649 comments
  • 771,752 views
Just found out the Roman Reigns returned at a live show last night, he didn't wrestle but he appeared after the main event between Ambrose and Rollins, which was non-title.
 
I really don't know which way the title match will go tonight. I'm happy with either Rollins/Ambrose winning or a heel Reigns winning but I can't seriously see a heel turn with that redemption wwe 24 thing they're doing so I'm hoping he won't capture it.
 
It's Bayley!
 
A decent PPV IMO, nearly everything wasn't a surprise but there wasn't anything that made me hate it (aside Enzo taking far longer than normal with his promo -_-)
 
Really enjoyed last night, Zayn v Owens was easily match of the night and the crowd were chanting 'fight forever' at one point (every match they have is a five star!), the triple threat match was great too, loved Enzo's promo and Randy Orton's burn at Brock, only bad thing for me was the IC title match with that rubbish finish. but overall a great show 👍
 
It was actually a pretty damn good PPV.

The woman's tag team match was a pretty decent show opener. Of course, the secret partner was Baylay, whoever thought it was going to be Nikki Bella is just delusional.

The tag team match between the Wyatt and New Day was again pretty good. Storytelling was on point, pity that they've decided to split the Wyatt family up as I would've loved to see the story line unfold to a potential big match for the WWE Tag Team titles at Summerslam. Oh well!

The US Title match was pretty average. I mean, who really thought Ryder was going to walk away with the title? Glad Rusev defended the title, Lana looking amazing as ever, pretty excited to see who's going to battle Rusev next, I could see Del Rio or Sheamus getting in the picture. Personally I'd also love to see Apollo Crews finally getting a shot, or maybe on the buried guys? Maybe Bo Dallas? He has charisma and it could be interesting to say the least. Oh, and I felt REALLY bad for Mojo Rawley, such an unexceptional pop, even worse than Apollo Crews and Dana Brooke's pop.

Sami Zayn v Kevin Owens was easily a MOTY contender and I can't wait to see what they have in store for them in the future. Especially Zayn has now been a part of three of the MOTY contenders and Owens in two. They have to get a massive push in the VERY near future. Maybe for the potential Heavyweight Championship for RAW? Who knows.
Anyways, fantastic match, so much emotion and storytelling. Certainly how Wrestling should always be, BRAVO!

Natalya v Becky, why was this on the main card? Why was this so high up? Certainly a toilet break match. Natalya certainly has attemped to play a good heel, but failed ultimately. I feel bad for Becky Lynch as she seems to be getting the stick constantly. Loosing, being drafted to Smackdown to a pathetically weak woman's division. Oh Becky... :(

The IC title match was just all kinds of weird. Besides the Woman's match certainly the lowest point of the night, maybe even lower. The Miz doesn't deserve that, Darren Young doesn't deserve that and the prestiges IC title certainly doesn't deserve that. Being one of the two titles on SmackDown, it was just sloppy match making to say the least.

John Cena, Enzo & Cass v The Club was certainly a very good match. I certainly had the feeling that John and his general behaviour pointed towards a handing-over to the "New Era" - Guys, and Cass and especially Enzo Amore have proven to be future superstars. That promo was beyond awesome, even for Enzo's standards. The crowd was behind the match. Even Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson got in some fantastic offense, without the usual beating up this or that guy and certainly cemented them in being serious superstars and not just the goons for the guy that's currently leading them.

The Highlight Reel just went on for WAAAAAAY too long, maybe WWE was either struggling to fill the time or just wanted the crowd to relax a little after that pretty damn good tag team match so their big guys will get a very good pop and generally the crowd has gained enough stamina again. It all seemed very unnecessary, and to be perfectly honest, I struggle to care for the return of Randy Orton. I loved the heel Randy Orton, but as a face he's just terrible and lacks any type of character in my opinion. However that "I don't need enhancements" - line was straight savage. 🤬

The triple threat match was everything I'd expected it to be really. Nice to see them "teaming up" with their signature tag team moves from the Shield days, certainly a nice little tribute to their past. Generally, I feel like the match was cut short, it could've used just another few minutes to fully develop, but other than that I think it was certainly a very good main event, and Dean Ambrose retaining the title certainly cements him as a true and real champion rather than "A champion that won the title because the other guy decided to smoke pot while being the face of the company"
 
I'm really going that tonight's Raw will start to answer some questions on exactly what the brand split will look like. Are they going to have two major titles? Are the tag team and women's titles going to be used on both shows? So far everything is just a rumor.
 
I honestly hope KO and SZ actually move on from each other now, I love their matches together but it shouldn't be the new Orton vs. Cena. They are amazing workers and have proven it for 5 times in a row they faced each other on PPV, but that's the thing, 5 times in a row. They need to work other guys before coming back to each other. (or at least have their next encounter be something extreme that doesn't involve ladders).
 
So with Raw and Smackdown now having their own superstars I thought I would put together a list of who's on where before the split starts this week, there will be names added to this for people returning like Nikki Bella or ex-WWE stars.

Raw
Seth Rollins, Charlotte, Finn Balor, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, The New Day, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Chris Jericho, Rusev (with Lana), Kevin Owens, Enzo & Big Cass, Gallows & Anderson, Big Show, Nia Jax, Neville, Cesaro, Sheamus, Golden Truth, Titus O'Neill, Paige, Darren Young, Sin Cara, Jack Swagger, The Dudley's, Summer Rae, Mark Henry, Braun Strowman, Bo Dallas, Shining Stars, Alicia Fox, Dana Brooke, Curtis Axel.

Smackdown Live
Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, John Cena, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Becky Lynch, The Miz, Baron Corbin, American Alpha, Dolph Ziggler, Natalya, Alberto Del Rio, The Usos, Demon Kane, Kalisto, Naomi, The Ascension, Zack Ryder, Apollo Crews, Alexa Bliss, Breezango, Eva Marie, The Vaudevillians, Erick Rowan, Mojo Rawley, Carmella.



Raw definitely has the advantage there, Smackdown have four top guys then it just drops off a cliff after Bray Wyatt, Raw just has far more strength in depth, good job SD is only two hours!
 
So with Raw and Smackdown now having their own superstars I thought I would put together a list of who's on where before the split starts this week, there will be names added to this for people returning like Nikki Bella or ex-WWE stars.

Raw
Seth Rollins, Charlotte, Finn Balor, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar, The New Day, Sami Zayn, Sasha Banks, Chris Jericho, Rusev (with Lana), Kevin Owens, Enzo & Big Cass, Gallows & Anderson, Big Show, Nia Jax, Neville, Cesaro, Sheamus, Golden Truth, Titus O'Neill, Paige, Darren Young, Sin Cara, Jack Swagger, The Dudley's, Summer Rae, Mark Henry, Braun Strowman, Bo Dallas, Shining Stars, Alicia Fox, Dana Brooke, Curtis Axel.

Smackdown Live
Dean Ambrose, AJ Styles, John Cena, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt, Becky Lynch, The Miz, Baron Corbin, American Alpha, Dolph Ziggler, Natalya, Alberto Del Rio, The Usos, Demon Kane, Kalisto, Naomi, The Ascension, Zack Ryder, Apollo Crews, Alexa Bliss, Breezango, Eva Marie, The Vaudevillians, Erick Rowan, Mojo Rawley, Carmella.



Raw definitely has the advantage there, Smackdown have four top guys then it just drops off a cliff after Bray Wyatt, Raw just has far more strength in depth, good job SD is only two hours!
I guess it is Smackdown's job to make stars like last Brand Split.
 
A lot of excitement about Finn Balor on Raw tonight, Neville should also be back after his injury lay-off, he had a dark match on SD last week, Orton could be on SD this week and it unfortunately looks like the Bayley thing looks like a one-time only thing for now with her expecting to be back on NXT for the time being.
 
Raw's announce table is now near the stage like it was when the Brand Split began last time.
 
Universal Championship. I'm about two minutes away from completely tuning out for the sixth or seventh week in a row. :lol:
 
The WWE Universal Championship, huh? Sounds cheesy.
 
Universal Championship. I'm about two minutes away from completely tuning out for the sixth or seventh week in a row. :lol:
I really don't get why the World Heavyweight name dropped from the WWE Championship anymore. I thought they did that so they can bring back the World Heavyweight Championship but apparently not.

Also, red ring ropes are back, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I just... it's so outlandishly cartoony that it's like there's an internal joke somewhere that we're missing.

At least there's Balor. Finally. A little too late for me as my interest levels are damn near non-existent, but at least he's here.

...What did they do to his entrance?
 
The entrance was a little different. But at least they kept his music. I find it rather infectious.
 
Balor winning his debut in a match like that feels a little bit too early but not doubt he proved himself to be worthy of the Raw roster.
 
Nevermind, apparently the WWE Championship is being renamed back to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
 
Nevermind, apparently the WWE Championship is being renamed back to the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
They were teasing us into believing the Big Gold Belt was coming back.
 
And of course John Cena 2.0 wins!:banghead:
 
They were teasing us into believing the Big Gold Belt was coming back.
If the 2 titles get unified in the far future, get ready for the Universal WWE World Heavyweight Championship.
 
I still can't believe they've called the Raw title the Universal Title. This is why the WHC should've been on Raw and the World Cruiserweight Championship should've been on SmackDown, then you have two distinct championships that don't devalue one another. Have Reigns and Ambrose feud on Raw while Rollins establishes the new SmackDown and Cruiserweight division with 5* matches against the likes of Balor, Itami, Neville, Aries, Zayn etc. After a year Rollins gets drafted to Raw leaving a rich and competitive division behind as he goes back after the WHC.

Meh... I could go on all night with my armchair booking, but I'll just do this instead...



:cheers:
 
I still can't believe they've called the Raw title the Universal Title. This is why the WHC should've been on Raw and the World Cruiserweight Championship should've been on SmackDown, then you have two distinct championships that don't devalue one another. Have Reigns and Ambrose feud on Raw while Rollins establishes the new SmackDown and Cruiserweight division with 5* matches against the likes of Balor, Itami, Neville, Aries, Zayn etc. After a year Rollins gets drafted to Raw leaving a rich and competitive division behind as he goes back after the WHC.
I don't agree with this, as WWE shouldn't be like UFC and split their rosters by size, the big guys need the cruiserweights so they don't look stiff and the cruiserweights need the big guys to show case an underdog type story.
 
I don't agree with this, as WWE shouldn't be like UFC and split their rosters by size, the big guys need the cruiserweights so they don't look stiff and the cruiserweights need the big guys to show case an underdog type story.

Well, the easiest thing to do would be to have the champions cross-brand. Not the IC or US, they can be brand specific, but the World, Womens and Tag should go back and forth between the two shows. Then, should a champion lose their belt, they take the roster slot vacated by their challenger, kinda like how they used to do it before each show had their own title the first time around.
 
Well, the easiest thing to do would be to have the champions cross-brand. Not the IC or US, they can be brand specific, but the World, Womens and Tag should go back and forth between the two shows. Then, should a champion lose their belt, they take the roster slot vacated by their challenger, kinda like how they used to do it before each show had their own title the first time around.
That ruins the whole point of having 2 separate shows. When the Tag Team and Divas titles were on both shows, the Divas and Tag Teams went into every show which made it pointless to even have 2 separate identities.

Also it is really hard when lets say the Champion feuded with a Smackdown superstar, Raw will find it very hard to build up since you would need them both to communicate to tell a story (example came from this month where Roman Reigns was pretty much out of the picture for most of it and it reall felt like a build up for a singles match)
 
Balor, I love you, but for the love of everything holy... stop doing whatever you're doing with the jacket. :lol:
 
Well that escalated quickly...
 
Back