Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,651 comments
  • 771,854 views
For those of you who didn't watch the Stone Cold Podcast, it was one of the most awkward interviews I've ever seen. Dean wasn't talkative, and as someone who's not really an interviewer, Steve couldn't get much out of him a lot of the time. People also said Dean seemed drunk or high, but he always seems fairly out of it to me.

A full sentence was blocked out when Dean was saying something about an un-named producer, and he also took shots at Brock saying he was unwilling to craft a good match at 'Mania. Austincalled Dean out for resting on his laurels in recent times, which Dean definitely took offense to.

The whole interview was just horrendously awkward, and I suggest watching it just to witness the sheer levels of tension and fumbling.

Bonus visual summary:
 
Last edited:
Raw was eh last night, three matches made for SummerSlam (which is a four hour show now by the looks of it), I like the fact that two of the best heels in company in KO and Jericho have teamed up, credit to Cesaro who had not one but two very physical matches last night.
 
Austin came across like a bit of a ******** if you ask me.

I wish Dean's little promo on him was a little more fluid tbf, that photo above of the car crashes is awesome lol

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍 👍

View attachment 570852

Those thumbs can be turned upside now I take it :indiff:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Edit your posts next time please.
 
Edit your posts next time please.

Beat me to it. @NJPWmark, just a heads up. The staff here frown on even doubling posting, let alone triple. In the future, you can use the edit button to revise your first post.

On the topic of Stone Cold, I think they pissed each other off. Yes, Stone Cold came across as an asshole, but so did Ambrose.
 
Those thumbs can be turned upside now I take it :indiff:

It's still going to happen mate, just going to take a little longer than expected. In the meantime I'd put Shelton with American Alpha as their manager, he can just say something about him seeing in them what Kurt Angle saw him himself and Charlie Haas when they broke in.
 
Just watched the latest CWC, wasn't impressed at first, but man, Cedric just won me over. What a great performance.
 
Just watched the latest CWC, wasn't impressed at first, but man, Cedric just won me over. What a great performance.

The first match was pretty good as far as technical wrestling goes. The second was awesome. A few matches in the tournament have dropped my jaw, and that was one of them. Loved watching Jack Gallagher. That kid is something special. But my match of the year goes to Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa. What a damn match that was.
 
Just watched the latest CWC, wasn't impressed at first, but man, Cedric just won me over. What a great performance.

Cedric is a beast. I've been a fan of his since his days with Caprice Coleman in ROH as the C&C Wrestle Factory. You could tell that ROH were high on him too given how, albeit not clean, he handed Moose his first loss in the promotion. It's a shame how badly they handled him after that though, Veda Scott proved to be the kiss of death for him. It was bound to be trememdous though, especially with Ibushi as his opponent. Anyone who hasn't seen Ibushi vs. Nakamura from Wrestle Kingdom 9 owes it to themselves to go see it.
 
Anyone who hasn't seen Ibushi vs. Nakamura from Wrestle Kingdom 9 owes it to themselves to go see it.

I heard them mention that match on CWC and YouTubed it right after the show. That was a hell of a match.
 
Ken
I heard them mention that match on CWC and YouTubed it right after the show. That was a hell of a match.

Also worth tracking down Tanahashi v.s Nakamura from Wrestle Kingdom 8, if only for some spectacularly elaborate entrances...though nothing could top this
8zh11k.png
 
For those of you who didn't watch the Stone Cold Podcast, it was one of the most awkward interviews I've ever seen. Dean wasn't talkative, and as someone who's not really an interviewer, Steve couldn't get much out of him a lot of the time. People also said Dean seemed drunk or high, but he always seems fairly out of it to me.

A full sentence was blocked out when Dean was saying something about an un-named producer, and he also took shots at Brock saying he was unwilling to craft a good match at 'Mania. Austincalled Dean out for resting on his laurels in recent times, which Dean definitely took offense to.

The whole interview was just horrendously awkward, and I suggest watching it just to witness the sheer levels of tension and fumbling.

Bonus visual summary:
That SCSA stare to Ambrose though. If only SCSA can still wrestle though.

Besides I always wanted to ask this but is Dean Ambrose more of a Mick Foley or SCSA?
 
That SCSA stare to Ambrose though. If only SCSA can still wrestle though.

Besides I always wanted to ask this but is Dean Ambrose more of a Mick Foley or SCSA?

Nah, I see a lot more of Brian Pillman in Dean. It's one comparison I'm surprised Steve didn't bring up given his history with Pillman both as the Hollywood Blondes and afterwards.

EDIT: :cheers:
 
Last edited:
Nah, I see a lot more of Brian Pillman in Dean. It's one comparison I'm surprised Steve didn't bring up given his history with Pillman both as the Hollywood Blondes and afterwards.

EDIT: :cheers:

Ah yes the famous Pillman gun incident. I remember Pillman pulling out the gun and threatened SCSA that he'll shoot him. I wonder if guns appearing in WWE would now be allowed in this time.
 
It wasn't really allowed back then and WWE got a boat load of heat from their network at the time.

He did compare him to Terry Funk which Ambrose seemed to be pleased with.
 
Another meh Raw and that's two in a row now in my book, my biggest criticism really is that the Rollins/Balor/Demon King seg should have been the main event and not the Reigns/Rusev match, now that match wasn't bad but it went on for at least 10 minutes too long and Rollins/Balor was great, the highlight of the night and would've been a great way to end the show, not much news wise but Cesaro v Sheamus rumbles on and they will face each again at SS at the start of a best of 7 series.

Looked like a fan tried to get to Rollins during his promo, security got to him though but there are twitter rumours that he had a knife.
 
Last edited:
The rumours he had a knife is worrying. He didn't sprint to the ring, just walked and was in there a good few seconds. Security got a bad rap and I have defended them but the video footage was shocking.

 
Last edited:
That was really bad security right there, he just waltzed in unchallenged, fair play to Rollins though...
 
Enjoyed Smackdown last night more than I enjoyed Raw, another match made for Sunday but it looks more like a kickoff show match.

So lots to look forward to this weekend, a four hour SummerSlam with a two hour kickoff show before it and NXT Takeover on Saturday, I love WWE sometimes!
 
I assume he'll be done after this.
 
The rumours he had a knife is worrying. He didn't sprint to the ring, just walked and was in there a good few seconds. Security got a bad rap and I have defended them but the video footage was shocking.



I remember when if a fan tried to jump in the ring then the wrestlers would just put the boots to the marks. That's what needs to start happening now. You pay for a seat, once you cross that threshold then all bets are off, if you get a kicking then you invited it yourself.
 
Del Rio wasn't on the card for Sunday but will miss Backlash on Sept 11th as its within the thirty days and its a Smackdown PPV
 
Paige now suspended too, guessing they've been getting high together. :lol:
 
There has been a lot of concern about Paige backstage about her wellbeing and morale lately, she has been seen on TV for a while and missed the recent tour to Australia and NZ due to injury but here are rumours that she missed it for other reasons, she could be another one that leaves soon and there is legit concern for her as she is only young.
 
Language Warning on the video:



So as you may have heard, WWE sent out WHC #1 Contender Dolph Ziggler out in a Colonel outfit last night, to battle The Miz, who was in a chicken suit. This was supposedly an advertisement of sorts for KFC.

Above is the thing I did as soon as I heard about it... Don't ask why, or how I think that's a good Vince impression.
 
I remember when if a fan tried to jump in the ring then the wrestlers would just put the boots to the marks. That's what needs to start happening now. You pay for a seat, once you cross that threshold then all bets are off, if you get a kicking then you invited it yourself.
Don't quote me on this (pun intented) as I'm not American but I believe in American law if someone trespasses which crossing that barricade counts as you're legally allowed to use force to protect yourself. So I guess if rollins decided to stomp a mother:censored:r he is more than welcome. However I assume they probably don't for two reasons, 1 I mentioned above because you don't know what they're carrying and 2 because if you go toe to toe and they take you down you're going to look pretty stupid.
 
So the usual Undertaker return rumours are doing the rounds again and honestly, the only real basis for it is the fact he's dyed his hair black, something he apparently only does if he's returning to the ring. If these rumours are somehow proven to be true, it's believed he'll return at SummerSlam.
 
Time to play bookie: Summerslam 2016 Edition
Source for odds: betwrestling.com (by way of Wrestlezone.com)
match order is by way of Wikipedia

Note: These lines are for the "End of Broadcast" results, meaning that if the initial decision is reversed at any point in the broadcast, then that is the result that the sportsbook recognizes. The clause exists to account the possibility of a "Dusty Finish".

Pre-Show Match:
Carmella, Becky Lynch and Naomi vs. Natalya, Alexa Bliss and TBD

Match 1 of a "Best of Seven" series:
Cesaro (+105) vs. Sheamus (-145)

WWE Intercontinental Championship:
The Miz(c) (+160) vs. Apollo Crews (-210)

Enzo and Cass (-750) vs. JeriKO (+450)

WWE Tag Team Championship:
The New Day(c) (+290) vs. The Club (-245)

WWE Women's Championship:
Stipulation: Dana Brooke is banned from ringside
Sasha Banks(c) (-1500) vs. Charlotte (+700)

WWE United States Championship:
Rusev(c) (-285) vs. Roman Reigns (+205)

John Cena (+210) vs. AJ Styles (-290)

WWE World Heavyweight Championship:
Dean Ambrose(c) (-750) vs. Dolph Ziggler (+450)

WWE Universal Championship:
Finn Balor (-160) vs. Seth Rollins (+120)

Brock Lesnar (-400) vs. Randy Orton (+280)
 
Back