Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,650 comments
  • 771,794 views
I'm genuinely shocked by that.
 
I might just renew my network subscription for SummerSlam...scratch that, I will renew it now.
 
Probably best Raw in months :P.

Hopefully Smackdown pulls out well on its own tomorrow :).
 
I turned the channel the second he started working his leg. I was like "Yeah. He's losing. There's no point to me watching this anymore."

Imagine my surprise when I read Balor won. WTF?!
 
Optimistic but terrified. They really aren't hiding that they are burying Roman Reigns and at the same time giving the same rocket boost to Finn Balor. Not complaining because the match was best of the night, but I'm wondering how long Balor's boost will last. Also noted that Roman was definitely giving off more of a heel presence between last night and tonight.
 
Fact is that Finn vs. Seth will absolutely deliver in the ring. Promo wise I'm not so sure it can carry the programme as a whole, but in the ring it will be great.

It'll have to be though, since ROH just announced this... :cheers:

fohroh-world-championship4-corner1.jpg
 
Best Raw of the year! The two fatal four-way's were great, Sasha deserves to be Champ so much and that was a great match, Balor winning shocked me too, genuinely thought Roman would kick out of the finisher, such a good show, over to you Smackdown!
 
I actually really liked Smackdown as much as Raw, I'm going to cut them slack because it does need to start off (especially since Smackdown only has 2 Title right now).

Dolph Ziggler being No.1 Contender is my favourite moment, I love his work and seeing getting a sky rocket push like Finn Balor makes me happy. I'm excited for the 2 title matches at Summerslam.
 
I didn't watch the end of SmackDown and woke up to discover that Dolph Ziggler is the #1 Contender to Dean Ambrose. Guess Dean isn't losing that title for a while then. I understand that, for whatever reason, people like Dolph, but I cannot stand him. If I want to see 28 Superkicks in a match then I'll watch The Young Bucks. In his head, you can tell, that he thinks he's Shawn Michaels. Trust me, he's nowhere near the level of HBK.
 
I didn't watch the end of SmackDown and woke up to discover that Dolph Ziggler is the #1 Contender to Dean Ambrose. Guess Dean isn't losing that title for a while then. I understand that, for whatever reason, people like Dolph, but I cannot stand him. If I want to see 28 Superkicks in a match then I'll watch The Young Bucks. In his head, you can tell, that he thinks he's Shawn Michaels. Trust me, he's nowhere near the level of HBK.
I'll admit that him using a legends finishing move is rubbish, every one who does it looks silly. Cesaro using the sharpshooter (even the excuse that Kidd does it, it still feels dumb), Seth Rollins using the Pedigree (though to be fair on Rollins it was only done because the Curb Stomp was banned), Kevin Owens doing the Crippler/Yes/No Face/Lock and honestly, would've been better to see Ziggler win with the Zig Zag (his own move) instead of the Superkick.

As for the accusation of him thinking he's Shawn Michaels, I don't see it. It just looks like another wrestler copying a famous move, with the same start up and the execution, everyone does this (like Christian copying Edge's spear)
 
Liked Smackdown, main event was good and although I like Ziggler I do feel kind of indifferent to him being in the title picture, Natayla-Becky Lynch match was really good too and better that their match at Battleground, glad to see Beckky win for a change!
 
So Brock Lesnar is back on Raw tonight along with Heyman of course, Sasha v Charlotte for the Women's Championship has been made for SummerSlam and Booker T has officially announced his retirement.
 
I guess Nia Jax and Braun Strawman are the new Brodus Clay and Tensai of 2012. Hopefully this time, these squash matches lead to somewhere and not to get eventually squashed themselves.

Also, O'neil suddenly heel :confused:
 
Liked Raw, not a good as last week but still good, loved the ending!, did anyone see the ref try to give the Women's title to Charlotte by mistake at the end of the tag match?! :lol:
 
Punt Kick and Curb Stomp banned because they're considered dangerous and easily imitable by kids. Meanwhile the worst wrestler on the roster, Braun Strowman, is doing an Inverted Choke Slam?

This company... Ugh...
 
Just seen the Raw ending again, was so good, Heyman says Orton will never hit Brock with his RKO and then Orton turns up from nowhere and hits Brock with an RKO...
 
Just seen the Raw ending again, was so good, Heyman says Orton will never hit Brock with his RKO and then Orton turns up from nowhere and hits Brock with an RKO...

I'd be very surprised if, come Summerslam, the finish of this match isn't Orton pinning Lesnar after turning the F-5 into the RKO. Even if that's not the finish you know this spot is coming.
 
Personally, I think I enjoyed SmackDown more than Raw this week. I think SmackDown told their show's stories better. But...I still get all giddy inside when I see Rollins and Balor's promo.
 
Sasha Banks got married yesterday, the lucky guy was Sareth Ton, a one time indy Wrestler who wrestled on NXT a few years ago under the name 'Mikaze' he now works as a costume designer, they have been engaged since last year, Congrats to them both.

UFC Featherweight Champ Conor McGregor gave a conference call to promote UFC 202 last night and he was asked about the WWE and whether he would join and he said 'For the most part those WWE guys are pussies, messed up pussies if you ask me', then he was asked about Lesnar, to which he said 'Well he is juiced up to his eyeballs.....how can I respect that?', he said he had no problem with the McMahons, The Rock or Triple H.
 
Sasha Banks got married yesterday, the lucky guy was Sareth Ton, a one time indy Wrestler who wrestled on NXT a few years ago under the name 'Mikaze' he now works as a costume designer, they have been engaged since last year, Congrats to them both.

UFC Featherweight Champ Conor McGregor gave a conference call to promote UFC 202 last night and he was asked about the WWE and whether he would join and he said 'For the most part those WWE guys are pussies, messed up pussies if you ask me', then he was asked about Lesnar, to which he said 'Well he is juiced up to his eyeballs.....how can I respect that?', he said he had no problem with the McMahons, The Rock or Triple H.

This is why Conor is a genius. He buries the roster and their undeserving top draw, but specifies he has no problems with the family in charge since he KNOWS that when he can't be bothered with UFC anymore but fancies another pay day that WWE will throw money at him to make it happen.
 
Sasha Banks got married yesterday, the lucky guy was Sareth Ton, a one time indy Wrestler who wrestled on NXT a few years ago under the name 'Mikaze' he now works as a costume designer, they have been engaged since last year, Congrats to them both.

UFC Featherweight Champ Conor McGregor gave a conference call to promote UFC 202 last night and he was asked about the WWE and whether he would join and he said 'For the most part those WWE guys are pussies, messed up pussies if you ask me', then he was asked about Lesnar, to which he said 'Well he is juiced up to his eyeballs.....how can I respect that?', he said he had no problem with the McMahons, The Rock or Triple H.
So Conor is an 🤬 kisser?

undeserving top draw
I doubt that is even possible, top draw comes through popularity and if the wrestler is popular then he kind of deserves the draw power. No matter how terrible they may be.
 
So Conor is an 🤬 kisser?
Why do you think, aside from his ability, he's still in Dana White's good book after his embarrassing loss and whole phony retirement saga? Of course he's an ass kisser behind closed doors.
 
Why do you think, aside from his ability, he's still in Dana White's good book after his embarrassing loss and whole phony retirement saga? Of course he's an ass kisser behind closed doors.
I don't pay that much attention to UFC behind closed doors. So yes, this is news to me :P.
 
Sasha Banks got married yesterday, the lucky guy was Sareth Ton, a one time indy Wrestler who wrestled on NXT a few years ago under the name 'Mikaze' he now works as a costume designer, they have been engaged since last year, Congrats to them both.

Even better: He has an appearance on RAW to his credit...as Rutherford P.S Hayes, one of the guys Ryback ran through early on on his "debut/redebut/yip yip what it do"
 
Some bad news on Shelton Benjamin today, he has a torn rotator which needs surgery which means the move back to the WWE is now on hold for the foreseeable....
 
I saw that earlier today and while it's obviously disappointing, it's better that it's tended to now as opposed to down the line. He's still coming back either way, so I'm still hyped. Hopefully he isn't undersold like he was during his original run.

---

Moving onto tonight, how is KO consistently just the best thing ever? :lol:
 
Back