Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,252 comments
Raw was mostly good, Reigns and Owens were having a good match which eventually turned into a tag match, Balor and Strowman was also good.

The Sami/Lashley and his 'sisters' segment was ****ing awful though and easily the worst segment on Raw this year thus far, how could they have thought that that crap was OK backstage before the show?!

I think all I needed was a few weeks away from wrestling entirely (I'm a few episodes behind on NXT, catching up tonight) as I actually enjoyed Raw again. I still don't have the desire to watch everything like I did before, but I'm now actually looking forward to MITB.

The Sami/Lashley and his 'sisters' segment was ****ing awful though and easily the worst segment on Raw this year thus far, how could they have thought that that crap was OK backstage before the show?!

The sad thing is, as bad as it was, it was still better than the "This is Your Life" segment from last year. :scared:

Raw and SD were good this week overall, and the build up to MITB has been strong. 👍

If you don't value your hearing, Enzo Amore has released a rap video. I would post it, but a simple language warning wouldn't suffice.

Yeah it really isn't all that is it. Just watch one of his wrestling promos on x1.5. It wasn't exactly rapping just quick illegible babble.

Bryan v Cass added to the MITB card.

That card is looking stacked now with eight matches, definitely wont be a three hour show!

Bryan v Cass added to the MITB card.

That card is looking stacked now with eight matches, definitely wont be a three hour show!
If they’re gonna do more long shows they should start the ppvs at least at 7pm so they’ll end at 11.

So, finally comitting to keeping up with NJPW, figure that the PPV they're doing in a few days time (Dominion 6.9 in Osaka-jo Hall) is a good start point, subscribing to New Japan World after I get paid this week.

NJPW Dominion
IWGP Heavyweight Championship
2/3 Falls, No Time Limit
Kazuchika Okada (c)(13th defense, 4th reign) v.s Kenny Omega

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Tetsuya Naito (c)(1st defense, second reign) v.s Chris Jericho

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Will Ospreay (c)(4th defense, second reign) v.s Hiromu Takahashi (2018 Best of the Super Juniors winner)

NEVER Openweight Championship
Hirooki Goto(c)(4th defense, second reign) v.s Taichi v.s Michael Elgin :grumpy:*

IWGP Tag Team Championship
Los Ingobernobles de Japon (Sanada/EVIL)(c)(3rd defense, first reign as a team/individually) v.s The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Suzuki-gun (El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru)(c)(3rd defense)(1st reign as a team, Kanemaru's third overall) v.s Roppongi 3K (Sho/Yoh)

Hiroshi Tanahashi/Jyushin Thunder Liger/Rey Mysterio v.s Bullet Club (Cody (Rhodes), Hangman Page, Marty Scrull)

CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii/Toru Yano) v.s Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki/Zack Sabre Jr)

Juice Robinson*/David Finlay v.s CHAOS (Jay White/YOSHI-HASHI)

*=supposedly has friends in high places which is why he still has a job here despite his track record
**=the artist formerly known as your favorite ecohippie on NXT, CJ Parker

Juice has had some good matches, record is crap though, and he seems to have a number of fans.

Is the Elgin thing still going or was that resolved.

I don't see how this Okada/Omega match can stand up against the first three unless both of them are covered in blue and red and barely moving at the end.

Juice has had some good matches, record is crap though, and he seems to have a number of fans.

Is the Elgin thing still going or was that resolved.

I don't see how this Okada/Omega match can stand up against the first three unless both of them are covered in blue and red and barely moving at the end.

Dominion results are in:
IWGP Heavyweight Championship
2/3 Falls, No Time Limit
Kenny Omega def. Kazuchika Okada(c), 2 falls to 1, match went just under 65 minutes

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho def. Tetsuya Naito(c)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
Hiromu Takahashi def. Will Ospreay(c)

NEVER Openweight Championship
Michael Elgin def. Hirooki Goto (c) and Taichi

IWGP Tag Team Championship
The Young Bucks def. Los Ingobernobles de Japon(c)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Suzuki-gun (El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru)(c) def. Roppongi 3K (Sho/Yoh)

Bullet Club (Cody (Rhodes), Hangman Page, Marty Scrull) def. Hiroshi Tanahashi/Jyushin Thunder Liger/Rey Mysterio

Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki/Zack Sabre Jr) def. CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii/Toru Yano)

Juice Robinson/David Finlay def. CHAOS (Jay White/YOSHI-HASHI)

Takeaway:
Didn't get to watch, WWE Network billing hit at an awkward moment after I pulled money from my checking account for other expenses. The 2018 G1 Climax is gonna be real interesting now that there's multiple logical winners.
  • Kota Ibushi: Former tag-team partner of Omega, recently reunited after years apart
  • Tetsuya Naito: redemption for blowing his shot last year, Omega's post-match promo certainly seemed to hint at a challenge.
  • Cody (Rhodes): Former Bullet Club leader v.s current leader.
  • Kazuchika Okada: Almost two years as champion, almost three once Naito's reign in 2016 is factored out.
  • As much as I'd like that idea, Chris Jericho's likely too busy for a G1 run.

CM Punk had his second UFC fight last night, it didn't go well as he lost, at least this time he went the full three rounds and didn't last just a few minutes like his first fight, he got battered though.

A lot of people on social media saying that MMA is clearly not for him and that he should give it up, they might have a point.

I just finished up with Dominion and I'm amazed at how Jericho can go from an over babyface to a hated villain depending on the promotion. Granted it helps that he doesn't have to be PG in New Japan.

He's also supposedly the first to hold both WWE and New Japan Intercontinental titles.

Jericho is damn good at almost everything wrestling. At one point I didn't like him because he seemed like a buffoon and a child, now that I know he did it purposely it looks like genius in hindsight.

I do believe he is. Lesnar, Angle, Vader, and I want to say Hogan all won or competed for the IWGP Heavyweight belt. The only other one I can think of that might have would have been Benoit, but I don't recall if he held either of them and may be waaaay off base on this.

Something very odd is happening. The New Day is going up against the Elite tomorrow at E3 playing Street Fighter. Now that's not all that odd as Xavier has his own gaming channel. What's odd is that WWE is actually promoting the event.

A big weekend for WWE in Chicago with Takeover tonight and MITB tomorrow.

Here is the card for NXT Takeover.

Ricochet v Velveteen Dream

NXT Tag Team Championship
The Undisputed Era (c, O'Reilly & Strong) v Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch

NXT Women's Championship
Shayna Baszler (c) v Nikki Cross

Chicago Street Fight
Johnny Gargano v Tommaso Ciampa

NXT Championship
Aleister Black (c) v Lars Sullivan.

One important note about tonight is that unfortunately Mauro Ranollo wont be calling the action, he is doing the Boxing for Showtime instead, Vic Joseph from 205Live will take over.

So, interesting enough rumor going about that the WWE is contemplating running a show in Melbourne in October at the MCG Stadium, 100K seat stadium.

Note that the last time WWE ran a show anywhere near that size in Australia, George W. Bush was in his first term as President. (Global Warming tour, 2002, 55K attendance for final event

Takeover was very good once again, the highlights were the ones everyone was expecting. Dream Vs. Ricochet was amazing and was only topped by Ciampa and Gargano trying to kill each other. The tag match was good while the individual championship matches were ok at best. There is only so much Nikki's brand of crazy can do to help Baszler and the Black/Sullivan match had a very Mahal-esque botch.

Ciampa won, which I was expecting so they could get a third match out of this feud. The way they got there was intense though and much like the first match I was legitimately concerned for the well being of both guys.

MITB will once again have a hard time topping Takeover, but it has 2 ladder matches and those are always a fun watch. Plus there's Styles/Nakamura part 376 and a handful of other matches I can't remember the participants of.

Right here is the card for Money In The Bank tonight.

Kick-Off Show

Smackdown Tag Team Championship

The Bludgeon Brothers (c) v Gallows & Anderson

---------------------------------------------------------------

Bobby Lashley v Sami Zayn

Daniel Bryan v Big Cass

Intercontinental Championship
Seth Rollins (c) v Elias

Smackdown Women's Championship
Carmella (c) v Asuka

Roman Reigns v Jinder Mahal

Raw Women's Championship
Nia Jax (c) v Ronda Rousey

Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Becky Lynch, Ember Moon, Lana, Naomi, Natalya, Sasha Banks

WWE Championship-Last Man Standing Match
AJ Styles (c) v Shinsuke Nakamura

Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match
The Miz, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Braun Strowman, Bobby Roode, Rusev, Samoa Joe, New Day member.

Very stacked card with eight matches total, no surprise its an early start time!

2018 G1 Climax blocks released:
Block A
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi
  • Togi Makabe
  • Michael Elgin :ouch:
  • Kazuchika Okada
  • IWGP US Champion Jay White
  • YOSHI-HASHI
  • Bad Luck Falé
  • Hangmam Page
  • EVIL
  • Minoru Suzuki
Block B
  • Juice Robinson
  • NEVER Openweight Champion Hirooki Goto
  • Tomohiro Ishii
  • Toru Yano
  • IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega
  • Kota Ibushi
  • Tama Tonga
  • Tetsuya Naito
  • SANADA
  • Zack Sabre Jr
Predictions for finals are:
  • 95% sure Okada wins Block A, either Naito or Ibushi win Block B. Naito would win based off points (2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, none for a loss) whereas Ibushi's win would likely come off of a tiebreaker based off who he beat.
  • Whoever wins Block B wins the entire tournament. Too soon to go back to Okada/Omega.
  • If I had to pick anyone else to win Block A, it's be Tanahashi or Suzuki.

So Money In The Bank then, lets do the bad things first...

Lashley v Zayn wasn't good but at least it was over quick, Bryan v Cass was much better than their first match but still a bit meh, Didn't pay too much attention to the Reigns v Jinder match as I was listening out for the crowd chants and reaction, boy where they pissed at that one! Carmella v Asuka was meh but its obviously good to have Ellsworth back. 👍

And now the good things, Rollins and Elias had a great match and it was the best I've ever seen Elias in the ring, Styles v Nakamura was the best match they've had thus far and it had me hooked throughout, for me it was the best I've seen Nakamura since he moved to the main roster, Ronda looked really good in her match v Nia, it was a good solid match but Alexa got a big pop when she cashed in to become new champ, the Men's MITB match wasn't a vintage one but it was still pretty great, predictable winner in Braun but it'll be interesting to see how they do it from here in regards to the cash in on Lesnar….if he's going to cash in on Lesnar!

Last edited:
2018 G1 Climax blocks released:
Block A
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi
  • Togi Makabe
  • Michael Elgin :ouch:
  • Kazuchika Okada
  • IWGP US Champion Jay White
  • YOSHI-HASHI
  • Bad Luck Falé
  • Hangmam Page
  • EVIL
  • Minoru Suzuki
Block B
  • Juice Robinson
  • NEVER Openweight Champion Hirooki Goto
  • Tomohiro Ishii
  • Toru Yano
  • IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega
  • Kota Ibushi
  • Tama Tonga
  • Tetsuya Naito
  • SANADA
  • Zack Sabre Jr
Predictions for finals are:
  • 95% sure Okada wins Block A, either Naito or Ibushi win Block B. Naito would win based off points (2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, none for a loss) whereas Ibushi's win would likely come off of a tiebreaker based off who he beat.
  • Whoever wins Block B wins the entire tournament. Too soon to go back to Okada/Omega.
  • If I had to pick anyone else to win Block A, it's be Tanahashi or Suzuki.
I'll take Suzuki dismembering Block A, Naito or Omega in B. Naito beating out Omega gives him more opening for another championship shot, Suzuki dismantling either would align him as near the top for the challengers. He's made everyone but Naito look...weak? Haven't seen the Tanahashi match, but even the Naito match looked like he was actually toying with him and the crowd, to a point part of his personality. I do think he'll end up with the Heavyweight strap before the next G1.

Back