Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,252 comments
Cass got some big backstage heat a few weeks ago during the Dwarf dressed up as Daniel Bryan segment on Smackdown, he was only supposed to give him a big boot but he also attacked him afterwards which he was ordered not to.

Don't several other promotions do large events in the nearby area to Wrestlemania on the same weekend every year? It just adds more people to the mix and more stuff for wrestling fans who don't exclusively follow WWE to get hyped up about for that weekend. I suspect it's more to do with MSG itself and some imaginary "claim" the company feels they have to it.

And if I remember the other story correctly, Cass had specifically asked if he could rough up that guy after the big boot and was specifically told no, don't do it. Did it anyway. Good way to get your bosses to like you. Oh well, nothing of value was lost. If he actually develops into a hot property down the road they'll happily rehire him.

Don't several other promotions do large events in the nearby area to Wrestlemania on the same weekend every year? It just adds more people to the mix and more stuff for wrestling fans who don't exclusively follow WWE to get hyped up about for that weekend. I suspect it's more to do with MSG itself and some imaginary "claim" the company feels they have to it.

That's the feeling I'm getting, the whole HOW DARE YOU RUN ON OUR SACRED GROUND (even though we don't run here ourselves but once or twice a year because expenses) thing.

Don't several other promotions do large events in the nearby area to Wrestlemania on the same weekend every year?

Most promotions do "large for them" events, but even than they only rent out the usual locals that indy promotions frequent and don't draw huge crowds (most are lucky to get a few hundred). For instance the largest non-WWE event in New Orleans was RoH's Supercard of Honor XII and that was in a 9,000 seat arena. MSG on the other hand can hold 20,000+, which would be a legitimate threat to WWE's WM weekend schedule.

Another legend gone. :(

2018 is looking dark for the wrestling world. First Bruno now Vader.

Not to mention, WWE gonna have to put him now to HoF.

Watched Takeover from Saturday as I couldn't watch it on the day, very good show.

Match of the show/night for me was Ricochet v Dream which was superb, I did enjoy the street fight between Gargano and Ciampa but I thought it was one match too many between the two, its been a fantastic rivalry and story don't get me wrong but I couldn't shake off the feeling that it should've ended after the unsanctioned match, it bugged me during the entire street fight match.

Been reading up on Big Cass's firing on a few different news sites, his attitude backstage seems to a major factor, I read that he kicked a bathroom door down on a bus that was carrying talent during the recent European tour, they didn't seem to like his promos/mic work, in fact Vince fired one of the writers over one that he thought was that bad. But there was an incident that proved to be the final straw.

At the Smackdown taping this week, Cass confronted Carmella backstage, now in case you didn't know they were in a relationship for three years and living together until they broke up last year, he went up to her to ask for forgiveness, caused a scene and when Carmella tried to walk away he grabbed her arm and apparently Wresters in the area stepped in to calm him down and walk away.

Once word got back to management about this there was a call to fire him, Vince called him into a room to break the news to him just hours before the show, this is probably the reason he wasn't wished well.

Watched Takeover from Saturday as I couldn't watch it on the day, very good show.

Match of the show/night for me was Ricochet v Dream which was superb [...]

Absolutely agreed. NXT PPV's are constantly stealing the spotlight off of the seemingly major and superior PPV's of WWE with high class matches, with decent to fantastic story telling. For me personally Ricochet v. Dream was the Match of the Night, incredible dynamic and it's already known, that Dream has the promo skills in order to make you invested into a feud (see his feud with Aleister Black). Not to mention that both of them are athleticlly on an incredible level, which always makes for a great match, if done and paced correctly! I certainly attest to the predictions, that Dream is going to be a future WWE Superstar, if they don't decide to ruin him, like they've did with so many talents over the years. And personally, I just hope that they won't put Ricochet on 205 Live. As much as I enjoy the high-flying action, I personally feel like it's a dead end for just about any Cruiserweight superstar (e.g. Neville and Austin Aries) and I feel like that his "indie fame" can get him over on the main roster if booked correctly!

On another note: As I've just talked about the future of two major assets, that are being considered first-class superstars, with the potential of making it big, but also sounding concern about booking decisions, don't you guys feel like it's about damn time, that WWE is going to slim down it's roster? I get it, that you should have top-tier superstars, including legends like Triple H, John Cena and Randy Orton (just to name a few), and mid-fielders and also a couple of jobbers, but I personally feel like that the roster seems incredibly clustered, to a point, where it feels like that half of the roster are jobbers, even some veterans like Jeff Hardy, R-Truth, Golddust and Rhyno.

Another point I've been thinking about, again referencing towards the potential issue of Ricochet being integrated into 205 Live, instead to being transfered to the main roster; isn't about time to let 205 Live die and intergrate it into the main show? The exposure and the fan response seems to be average at best, and that simply does not really do the performances justice. Having cruiserweights feight above their weight class, quite literally, can really aid the match dynamic in many ways, and could certainly produce a "hero story" like Rey Mysterio's WHC run.

I'd love to get your guys' opinion on that!

I just hope that they won't put Ricochet on 205 Live.

I think he's a big enough name to get a run on the normal roster first.

don't you guys feel like it's about damn time, that WWE is going to slim down it's roster?

I would rather see them use the large rosters to their advantage. Currently the main roster performers work an insane schedule, it would probably be beneficial for everyone to give wrestlers a couple months off or just a reduced house show schedule with no TV appearances apart from some pre-taped vignettes.

even some veterans like Jeff Hardy

He's the current U.S. champ and is heading into a feud with Nakamura. :odd:

Another point I've been thinking about, again referencing towards the potential issue of Ricochet being integrated into 205 Live, instead to being transfered to the main roster; isn't about time to let 205 Live die and intergrate it into the main show? The exposure and the fan response seems to be average at best, and that simply does not really do the performances justice. Having cruiserweights feight above their weight class, quite literally, can really aid the match dynamic in many ways, and could certainly produce a "hero story" like Rey Mysterio's WHC run.

I'm surprised 205 Live is still a thing, the tournaments have been good but once those were over it was back to being rather boring. The fact the CW title is slotted below both tag belts is pretty telling.

Raw last night had a fantastic main event for the IC title between Ziggler and Rollins, until McIntyre predictably interrupted, worth watching though as it lasted nearly half an hour.

Also perhaps surprisingly Bayley attacked Sasha Banks, it was after a six-women tag match and attacked from behind and went nuts, she even swore saying to Sasha 'you ain't worth ****!', yep Bayley actually said that!, they had to bleep it.

Zack Gibson won the UK tournament at Royal Albert Hal last night.

So "Huge WWE Superstar Kevin Owens" is apparently a Shania Twain fan and made an appearance on stage. He also learned what's on the line for the inevitable Owens Vs. Strowman match.

:lol:

There is a rumor that Lesnar may not work SummerSlam.

At this rate The Undertaker May wrestle more in 2018 than the Universal champion. :rolleyes:

The Universal title is dead now and it has been for a while, its just as much fault of WWE as it is Lesnar.

The Universal title is dead now and it has been for a while, its just as much fault of WWE as it is Lesnar.

The only thing I blame Lesnar for is his lack of caring during matches. WWE are the ones that decided to put a belt that was only a year old on a part timer who only wants to do a handful of matches a year with no plan on removing it.

Anyone see what happened with Brock at the UFC Heavyweight title fight last night?!

QgRsHGJ.jpg

Daryl Takahashi wishes the Ticking Time Bomb a quick recovery.

Two more matches added to Extreme Rules this Sunday including a Steel Cage Match between Strowman and Owens.

There is a lot more regular one-fall matches on this years card. In the past its been packed with gimmick matches.

Back