Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,354 comments
I wonder if that is referring to Alexa Bliss given her storyline with Bray Wyatt especially when she is rumoured to be part of the new Wyatt tribute faction

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Gunther wins King of the Ring. This guy is just a flat out beast. As far as Queen of the Ring goes, I think (the winner of Bianca Belair vs. Nia Jax) will be Queen of the Ring.

Gunther and Lyra Valkryia are through to the KOTR and QOTR finals, both were involved in great matches and the Gunther/Uso match was the main event, Valkryia/Sky match was given a lot of time though.

Awesome Truth had a successful tag title defense against Fin and JD but that had help in the form of Braun Strowman, Bron Breakker looks like has turned heel as he finally made his Raw debut but against and NXT jobber which he wasn't happy about so he battered him with three spears until the ref stopped the match and then attacked him with a chair after, he also randomly speared Ricochet backstage, Chad Gable pinned IC Champ Sami Zayn but Otis helped, he then apologized to Sami later. Baszler and Stark got themselves a future women's tag title shot after winning a fatal four way, Sonya Deville also returned but didn't have a match.

It was announced today that WWE are going to Japan for some live events for the first time in five years, they will do three shows there at the end of July.

• WWE, going to Japan at the end of July
  • Giulia, provisionally attached to WWE post-Marigold, is a Japanese(/Italian) wrestler with some name value and not like there isn't precident for WWE to let signees work remaining dates even after debuting
  • of course, assuming none of these end up a PLE, then formal in-ring debut might not happen

Thinking Think GIF by Adam Lambert

Last edited:
From the Uncle Howdy teaser on WhatsApp today:
  • 8pm EST Thursday Twitch
  • Remember Who You Are
  • I Will Free You All
  • I Want to Meet You

Last edited:
Rather big and interesting WWE news has just broke.

So you guys know that next years WrestleMania was meant to be in Minneapolis and not Vegas? Well WWE has made up for that by having Summerslam in 2026 in Minneapolis but it takes place in August 1-2....which is two nights!

Triple H has confirmed that Summerslam will be a two-night show going forward, Royal Rumble next?!

Rather big and interesting WWE news has just broke.

So you guys know that next years WrestleMania was meant to be in Minneapolis and not Vegas? Well WWE has made up for that by having Summerslam in 2026 in Minneapolis but it takes place in August 1-2....which is two nights!

Triple H has confirmed that Summerslam will be a two-night show going forward, Royal Rumble next?!
It's interesting that it's been announced for 2026. There's a SummerSlam in between that hasn't been accounted for. I wonder if that's heading to Wembley....

Speaking of which, interesting Triple Hs booking approach is few matches on PLE which opens up wrestlers to have longer storylines without a PLE roadblock every month. As well as the matches on said PLE lasting longer

But I feel like if you want to do that, you might as well bring back Brand Exclusive PLE which was one of their benefits in the first place and let people be more aware what matches might happen because it feels a bit too random right now

Brand Exclusive PPV/PLE have failed in the past but thats only because WWE saw it as an excuse to make more which ate up peoples budget/watch time (2017 tried to do 19). If you keep the main PPV/PLE at 12, Brand Exclusives could totally rock this new Limited Matches per event card motif Triple H is doing

Last edited:
Speaking of which, interesting Triple Hs booking approach is few matches on PLE which opens up wrestlers to have longer storylines without a PLE roadblock every month. As well as the matches on said PLE lasting longer

But I feel like if you want to do that, you might as well bring back Brand Exclusive PLE which was one of their benefits in the first place and let people be more aware what matches might happen because it feels a bit too random right now

Brand Exclusive PPV/PLE have failed in the past but thats only because WWE saw it as an excuse to make more which ate up peoples budget/watch time (2017 tried to do 19). If you keep the main PPV/PLE at 12, Brand Exclusives could totally rock this new Limited Matches per event card motif Triple H is doing
Yep when they first tried it in 2003 (?) I thought it would be manageable. 1x PPV a month, with the Big 4 having both brands, and then 4 PPV each.

So Smackdown has happened, the reason it was on earlier than normal because it was in Jeddah, I have seen it but I know you guys in the States haven't seen it yet, but I need to post the card for King and Queen of the ring and I know it will have spoilers but I cant really post it at any other time because of work.

So apologizes in advance but here is the card for King and Queen of the ring tomorrow.

Countdown show.

Women's Tag Team Championship.

Jade Cargill & Bianca Belair (c) v Candice La Rae & Indi Hartwell

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Women's World Championship.
Becky Lynch (c) v Liv Morgan

Intercontinental Championship-Triple Threat Match.
Sami Zayn (c) v Chad Gable v Bronson Reed

Queen Of The Ring Final.
Lyra Valkryia v Nia Jax

King Of The Ring Final.
Gunther v Randy Orton

Undisputed WWE Championship.
Cody Rhodes (c) v Logan Paul

it was announced by Triple H this week that the winners of KOTR and QOTR will get title opportunities at Summerslam.

Now King of the Ring and Queen of the Ring mean something with an automatic title shot at Summerslam 2024. That's big news.

One thing a bit compelling about Smackdown (for once) is AJ Styles giving a sense of a time limit of his career trying to grab one last big win

Gunther won King of the Ring yesterday but in rather controversial circumstances, Randy Orton's left shoulder was not down for the three-count, Triple H actually acknowledged this afterwards and it could lead to a re-match maybe at Clash At The Castle which is the next WWE PLE, last nights match was fantastic easily match of the night for me, Gunther kept on working Orton's back and his left knee, Orton hit two RKO's but could pin him properly for the second one because of his knee and Gunther 'won' with a roll-up.

Nia Jax won Queen of the Ring beating Valkryia with the AnNIAlator, Nia now gets a title shot against Bayley at Summerslam. Cody Rhodes had a successful title defense against Logan Paul in a great match and it was all about Paul using the brass knucks which he did use on Cody and then Paul got in Michael Cole's face when Cole called him a loser, Paul had another impressive outing last night and he continues to look at home in WWE.

There was a title change last night with Liv Morgan beating Becky Lynch for the Women's world title, Dominik Mysterio got involved to try and screw Liv out of the match for Mami but it backfired when he threw a chair in the ring for Becky to use but Liv ended up DDT-ing Becky into the chair and then hitting the ObLivion for the win, its definitely the right title change for me and it will set up Liv-Rhea when Rhea comes back, Sami Zayn defended his IC title against Reed and Gable in a really fun match, Otis accidently clothes-lined Gable. Belair and Cargill defended their Women's tag titles against La Rae and Hartwell on the pre-show.

Damien Priest v Drew McIntyre has been made for CATC for the World title in Glasgow in three weeks.

Cody Rhodes had a successful title defense against Logan Paul in a great match and it was all about Paul using the brass knucks which he did use on Cody and then Paul got in Michael Cole's face when Cole called him a loser, Paul had another impressive outing last night and he continues to look at home in WWE.
I didn't like the finish to that match. I mean.. not that it was the right/wrong person won - it just... fell flat because there was too much going on that didn't need to go on (Cody stopping the countout, before getting hit with the "lucky punch" - the 'legal' titanium plate punch of Logan's - with Paul using/attempting to use the knucks both before and after this "lucky punch". Then Cody getting hit with both the splash on the comms table AND a frog splash in the ring and kicking out, the ref bump leading to the next knucks opportunity, the visual pinfall for Cody, then the guest announcer getting involved leading to the actual end. Was just... a lot going on that didn't need to go on..

So its just been announced that there will be a rematch for the women's world title on Raw tonight, between new champ Liv Morgan and Becky Lynch and it will be a steel cage match in the main event.

The only other thing that has been advertised for tonight is Braun Strowman v JD McDonagh.

Its been revealed that Becky Lynch still hasn't signed a new contract with WWE and her current one expires this Saturday!

I think its difficult to see her to join a different company, if she doesnt resign she might just focus on being a mother

Last edited:
I was right, apparently. I predicted Gunther and Nia Jax would win King and Queen of the Ring respectively. I tried avoiding any and all spoilers before responding. Congratulations to both.

I think its difficult to see her to join a different company, if she doesnt resign she might just focus on being a mother
Not a full-time TONY KHAN PUT DOWN THE DAMN CHECKBOOK YOUR ROSTER'S TOO LARGE run, at least.

However also not gonna lie but would absolutely enjoy Lynch having a short year long run or so on the indies (side-eyes the Stardom 5Star Grand Prix)

Contract talks continue between WWE and Becky Lynch but no agreement has been reached yet so as of right now she will be a free agent when her contract expires on Saturday, there is no indication that she will join AEW or any other promotion and it is the assumption that she will take some time off, she was meant to be on hiatus recently but Rhea's injury meant that plans changed.

Becky had what could be her last match for a while last night when Liv Morgan retained her title in the steel cage match, it was not without shenanigans again though with Dominik and Judgment Day plus Braun Strowman all involved, Liv kissed Dominik after!

Edge/Adam Copeland has revealed that he has suffered a fractured fibula and will need surgery, there is no timeline for his return but its been reported that it will be up to six months out, and at 50-years old that could be it for him sadly....I mean does he really need to do this anymore?!

Despite my disdain for Steel Cage matches (everyone just looks so dumb in it) Becky and Liv told a pretty good story if only for the ending that makes me want to see what happens next for Liv and Judgment Day

Its supposedly not the only collab element WWE and TNA are going to do. I can see AJ Styles appearing in TNAs 20th anniversary show.

In other news they revealed a Womens North American Championship which I got to ask, did they learn nothing from the NXT Womens Tag Team Championships, its just going to get lost in the shuffle and unified back in anyway.

Its why I dont get the request for "mid card" Womens Championships for Smackdown and Raw. The Male to Female wrestler ratio is still steep to not have enough screentime for another Singles Womens Title.

EDIT: Ethan Page also debuts in NXT, I would wonder if he could ever reunite with Josh Alexander in TNA due to the partnership with WWE and TNA however from what I gather they arent on speaking terms anymore so unlikely

Last edited:
Advertised for Smackdown tonight.

Nia Jax Queen coronation.
Andrade v Apollo Crews
Tama Tonga & Tonga Loa v The Street Profits

Tonga Loa's in ring debut tonight.

Latest Posts

Back