Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments

Silly stuff like this makes me loves the wrestling. Gangrel using an Amazon package to eliminate someone dressed as Geoffrey the Giraffe from Toys 'R Us.

The All-Woman PPV will be Oct. 28 and all 3 titles (Raw,Smackdown & NXT) plus the MYC finals will take place. They also mentioned past wrestlers participating but didn't say in what capacity.

Thankfully no mentions of a tag title.

I hope y'all are pumped for Lesnar/Reigns Part Whatever: THIS TIME IT'S FOR REALSIES. Prediction: Reigns kicks out of 6 F-5's, one spear, BIG DAWG WINS LOL

Hope nobody got their hopes up for a Motor City Machine Guns cameo in NXT. I would've liked it.

MCMG's are done? I don't know how to react, they're part of the reason I acknowledge TNA existed at all along with Beer Money and AJ. At the same time, I've heard little about them for years.

MCMG's are done? I don't know how to react, they're part of the reason I acknowledge TNA existed at all along with Beer Money and AJ. At the same time, I've heard little about them for years.

Yep, TNA's still kicking and apparently seems to be doing all right for themselves considering the saga of the past few years, including three rebrandings in a single calendar year and the whole Matt Hardy/Anthem deal over the Broken Universe. (Then again, I don't get the channel it airs on, so everything I know's second hand.)

Last night's Smackdown had...

Randy Orton giving a fantastic and passionate promo (welcome back Heel Orton, you have been missed!)
Becky Lynch beating Carmella meaning she will now face her for the title at Summerslam.
Tag team tournament for the new contenders for the titles.
The Bar returned.
James Ellsworth was 'fired'.
Samoa Joe was announced as AJ's next opponent for the title, Joe then attacked AJ's from behind

Raw ain't got nothing on Samckdown!

Updated 2018 G1 Climax standings:
Block A-
  • EVIL (6 pts)
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi (6 pts)
  • Jay White (6 pts)
  • Michael Elgin (4 pts)
  • Togi Makabe (4 pts)
  • Kazuchika Okada (4 pts)
  • Minoru Suzuki (4 pts)
  • Bad Luck Falé (2 pts)
  • Hangman Page (2 pts)
  • YOSHI-HASHI (2 pts)
Block B-
  • Kenny Omega (6 pts)
  • Kota Ibushi (4 pts)
  • SANADA (4 pts)
  • Tetsuya Naito (4 pts)
  • Tomohiro Ishii (4 pts)
  • Hirooki Goto (2 pts)
  • Zack Sabre Jr (2 pts)
  • Tama Tonga (2 pts)
  • Toru Yano (2 pts)
  • Juice Robinson (0 pts)

Two bits of sad news today I'm afraid.

First off Nikolai Volkoff has passed away.

Secondly Brian Christopher is reported to have been hospitalised after attempting to hang himself.

Two bits of sad news today I'm afraid.

First off Nikolai Volkoff has passed away.

Secondly Brian Christopher is reported to have been hospitalised after attempting to hang himself.

Sadly Brian has passed and so has Brickhouse Brown.

2018 Mae Young Classic participants so far:
  • Ashley Rayne (otherwise known as longtime TNA mainstay Madison Rayne)
  • Deonna Purazzo
  • Io Shirai
  • Isla Dawn
  • Jessie Elaban
  • Jinny
  • Kacy Cantazaro
  • Kaitlyn
  • Karen Q
  • Kavita Devi
  • Killer Kelly
  • Lacey Lane
  • Meiko Satomura
  • Mercedes Martinez
  • Priscilla Kelly
  • Nicole Matthews
  • Reina Gonzalez
  • Rhea Ripley
  • Taynara Conti
  • Tegan Nox
  • Toni Storm
  • Xia Brookside (if the last name sounds familiar, it's because she's the daughter of current Performance Center trainer Robbie Brookside)
  • Zexuis

Updated MYC 2018 field

Big night on Raw tonight with Brock Lesnar finally making an appearance and Ronda Rousey returning from 'suspension'.

Charlotte returned tonight and immediately got put into the title match. I really do like both Bliss and Flair, but both really need to be out of the title scene for awhile for the good of everyone.

2018 G1 Climax standings as of today:
Block A:
Hiroshi Tanahashi (12 pts)
Jay White (10 pts)
Kazuchika Okada (10 pts)
Minoru Suzuki (8 pts)
EVIL (8 pts)
Michael Elgin (6 pts)
Bad Luck Fale (6 pts)
Hangman Page (4 pts)
Togi Makabe (4 pts)
YOSHI-HASHI (2 pts)

Block B:
Kenny Omega (12 pts)
Tetsuya Naito (10 pts)
Kota Ibushi (8 pts)
SANADA (6 pts)
Zack Sabre Jr (6 pts)
Hirooki Goto (4 pts)
Tomohiro Ishii (4 pts)
Juice Robinson (4 pts)
Tama Tonga (4 pts)
Toru Yano (2 pts)

Not much longer left in the tournament, Shows on August 4th, 5th, and 8th, Block A finals on the 10th, Block B finals the 11th, G1 finals themselves the 12th.

Vague guesses for Wrestle Kingdom 13 include Omega/Naito for the IWGP Heavyweight Title and Jericho/Okada for the IC Title.

Edit: Note the music.

Last edited:
Caught the Naito/Omega tournament match...I know it's wrestilng, but Jesus 🤬 Damn 🤬 🤬! How the 🤬 can they sell this so naturally?! Do they think of some of this on the fly?! How the flying 🤬 are either or both of them not dead!?!

2018 G1 Climax standings as of today:
Block A:
Hiroshi Tanahashi (12 pts)
Jay White (10 pts)
Kazuchika Okada (10 pts)
Minoru Suzuki (8 pts)
EVIL (8 pts)
Michael Elgin (6 pts)
Bad Luck Fale (6 pts)
Hangman Page (4 pts)
Togi Makabe (4 pts)
YOSHI-HASHI (2 pts)

Block B:
Kenny Omega (12 pts)
Tetsuya Naito (10 pts)
Kota Ibushi (8 pts)
SANADA (6 pts)
Zack Sabre Jr (6 pts)
Hirooki Goto (4 pts)
Tomohiro Ishii (4 pts)
Juice Robinson (4 pts)
Tama Tonga (4 pts)
Toru Yano (2 pts)

Not much longer left in the tournament, Shows on August 4th, 5th, and 8th, Block A finals on the 10th, Block B finals the 11th, G1 finals themselves the 12th.

Vague guesses for Wrestle Kingdom 13 include Omega/Naito for the IWGP Heavyweight Title and Jericho/Okada for the IC Title.

Edit: Note the music.

Would’ve been better if they used his pyro too.

Oh dear. This, combined with the nature of Matt Hardy's recent tweets...

Usual G1 post:
Block A has one last show, where it's winner will be decided. Block B has two more beforehand.

BLOCK A:
Paths to Victory:
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi has the points lead with 14. A win or draw on Block A's final show over long-time rival Kazuchika Okada sends him to the finals.
  • Jay White (12 pts) has potential tie-breaker victories over both Tanahashi and Okada. He goes through to the finals with a win over EVIL AND Okada beats Tanahashi
  • Kazuchika Okada (12 pts) wins Block A with a victory over Tanahashi AND EVIL beats White.
BLOCK B:
Three people left in contention also: Kota Ibushi, Tetsuya Naito, and the IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega.
Paths are slightly less clear cut than Block A, seeing as there's two shows left. Paths to victory will be clearer after the August 8th show. Regardless, Naito's got the least likely chances of the three :(

Matches left for contenders-
  • Kota Ibushi: Tama Tonga, Kenny Omega
  • Tetsuya Naito: SANADA, Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Kenny Omega: Toru Yano, Kota Ibushi

Last edited:
Smackdown was good last night, a great match between New Day and The Bar in the tag team tournament final, and R-Truth was gold! :lol:

2018 G1 Climax post:

BLOCK A:
Paths to Victory:
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi has the points lead with 14. A win or draw on Block A's final show over long-time rival Kazuchika Okada sends him to the finals.
  • Jay White (12 pts) has potential tie-breaker victories over both Tanahashi and Okada. He goes through to the finals with a win over EVIL AND Okada beats Tanahashi
  • Kazuchika Okada (12 pts) wins Block A with a victory over Tanahashi AND EVIL beats White.
BLOCK B:
  • Kenny Omega (12 pts) advances to the finals with a victory over Kota Ibushi.
  • Tetsuya Naito (12 pts) advances to the finals with a win over Zack Sabre Jr AND Kenny Omega doesn't win (either a straight loss to Kota Ibushi or a time limit draw. Draws award 1 point v.s 2 for a win. Naito winning would put him at 14 and a time-limit draw would put Omega at 13.)
  • Kota Ibushi (10 pts) advances to the finals with a victory over Kenny Omega AND a Naito loss, owing to Ibushi having the tiebreaker win over Naito.

Updated. EDIT: Clarification regarding me misunderstanding Naito's path to winning.

Have Okada v.s Naito penciled in as the finals, Naito gets redemption for failing at Wrestle Kingdom by beating Okada and winning his second straight G1 (and 3rd overall)

Last edited:
May Young Classic taping started today and will continue tomorrow, it will air from September 5th, Commentary team is Michael Cole, Beth Phoenix and Renee Young.

I think Renee did some commentary for NXT a while back, first time in a few years that she would have done some.

So the ROH/New Japan show at Madison Square Garden sold out. What timeline is this anymore?

Speaking of New Japan, the 2018 G1 finals are half-set as Hiroshi Tanahashi won Block A by going to a 30-minute time limit draw over Kazuchika Okada. Opponent will be decided on the 11th as Block B has their last show then.

EDIT: Hiroshi Tanahashi v.s Kota Ibushi are the finals. 4-way tie on points in Block B.

Zack Sabre Jr was already eliminated from contention entering the show, but beat Naito, eliminating him from contention. Ibushi beat Omega to tie in points but gain the crucial tiebreaker.

EDIT EDIT: Hiroshi Tanahashi wins the 2018 G1 Climax and earns the right to challenge for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 13...at least, a contract allowing it that'll be defended before then.

Kenny Omega's next challenger for said IWGP Heavyweight Championship has been determined and it's Tomohiro Ishii. Expect the defense to occur at either Destruction (September) or King of Pro Wrestling (October).

Last edited:
Very sad, thoughts with Nattie, Bret and the rest of the Hart Family

RIP Anvil...

Back