Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Its now AJ Styles v Samoa Joe for the WWE title at Crown Jewel, Styles and Daniel Bryan had their title match on Smackdown last night, Joe attacked Styles from behind afterwards.

Right then people, WWE have an event tomorrow and its possibly one of if not the most controversial events they have put on in recent history, its called Crown Jewel and its taking placed in Saudi Arabia, which has been in the news in lieu over a killed journalist, but WWE have said its going ahead so its happening whether we like it or not. So here is the card.

Kick-off show

United States Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) v Rusev

--------------------------------------------------

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Cesaro & Sheamus (c) v The New Day

World Cup Tournament
Seth Rollins v Bobby Lashley
Kurt Angle v Dolph Ziggler
Jeff Hardy v The Miz
Rey Mysterio v Randy Orton

Semi finals and the final

DX v The Brothers Of Destruction

WWE Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Samoa Joe

Universal Championship
Braun Strowman v Brock Lesnar

It was confirmed by WWE today that Hulk Hogan will be the host of the show.

Another interesting thing in regards to the women being not allowed to compete is that Renee Young will be there doing co-commentary.

Show starts at 12pm US time, 5pm UK time.

Even without the contreversy I think it's a pretty skippable show with the tag match being the only one with potential.

I turned off about half way through the Universal Match which by the looks of it was about the right time as it got rather weird from then onwards. I will watch the rest another time but not too fussed about it.

It was a bit crap.

Lesnar is Universal Champion again after Corbin attacked Strowman from behind and then Lesnar hit him with five F5's to win, so the Universal title will disappear again.

Shane McMahon won the World Cup, which is a sentence I never thought I'd write!, It was a good tournament with Ziggler and Miz in the final, Miz suffered a 'knee injury' early on so couldn't finish the match, Shane was at ringside so he took his place and won!, imagine flying all the way to Saudi Arabia, working your arse off in two matches to make it to the final, only to have a guy who was never in the tournament to win the whole thing!

Apart from those bewildering decisions the show was pretty good, the DX/BOD tag match was better than expected, Shawn Michaels looked really good and like he'd never been away, Triple H has reportedly torn his pectoral muscule and needs surgery, The semi final match between Rollins and Ziggler was a great match, as was the WWE title match between AJ and Joe was also great.

Fresh from the controversial and a bit weird Crown Jewel the WWE have embarked on their twice-annual European tour, Raw will come from Manchester, England tomorrow night.

Fresh from the controversial and a bit weird Crown Jewel the WWE have embarked on their twice-annual European tour, Raw will come from Manchester, England tomorrow night.
Shame there isn't another Takeover from here again.

fPlUcMA.jpg

Wrestle Kingdom 13 in Tokyo Dome
January 4th, 2019

CARD TO DATE:
IWGP Heavyweight Championship
Kenny Omega(c)(4th defense) v.s Hiroshi Tanahashi (G1 28 winner)
Side note: If Tanahashi wins the title, he'll become the first G1 winner to successfully use the title challenge certificate since it's introduction

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho(c)(2nd defense) v.s Tetsuya Naito
Note: New Japan's Triple Crown consists of the IWGP Heavyweight/Intercontinental/NEVER Openweight Championships, with Naito being the only person to date to pull it off.

Kazuchika Okada v.s Jay White
Note: This is the first time since 2012 that Okada is not challenging for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom.
  • WK7, challenged Tanahashi
  • WK8, defended v.s Naito
  • WK9, challenged Tanahashi
  • WK10, defended v.s Tanahashi
  • WK11, defended v.s Omega
  • WK12, defended v.s Naito
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
KUSHIDA(c)(1st defense) v.s Taiji Ishimori
Note: Kushida is tied for second all-time number of reigns with this title, the current one being his sixth.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Suzuki-gun (El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru)(c)(5th defense) v.s Roppongi 3K (SHO/YOH) v.s Los Ingobernobles de Japon (BUSHI/Shingo Takagi)
Note: Shino is the latest member of LIJ, joining the group after Hiromu Takahashi's neck injury.

Also expected defenses of the IWGP Tag Team Championships (challengers to the current champs Guerrilas of Destiny to be determined in the 2018 World Tag League), IWGP United States Championship (currently held by Cody Rhodes), NEVER Openweight Championship (challenger will likely be whoever stands to have a much better 2019 by losing to Hirooki Goto at the Tokyo Dome), and the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship (WHO KNOWS OR CARES IT'S THE NEAR MANDATED GAUNTLET TYPE MATCH)

Kurt Angle got crushed in the main event of Raw, putting Drew McIntyre over big time by having Angle tap out to his own move, Angle looks done as an in-ring competitor sadly.

We've got new Raw tag champs!

Early whisperings are suggesting that WrestleMania 36 will be at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

If that actually happens, I'll go alone if I have to! :lol:

It would work out pretty well to since Target Center (Takeover & weekly shows) and the Minneapolis Convention Center (WM Axxess) are fairly close. There's also plenty of places for the piggybacking indies to do their thing, including First Ave if one is particularly daring (it's literally right across the street from Target Center).

So Raw had another good show last night and I feel that its got better in the last few months, there was another Survivor Series invasion angle like there have been in the last few years but this one had a bit of a twist.

If there was any doubt about Becky Lynch and her current push then you need to watch the end of the show, and her impact, and the money shot of her in the crowd all bloody.

A lot of people are comparing her to Austin's initial Attitude era run and what she did last night was....Arrive, Raise Hell, Leave.

Becky 3:16!!

Becky will supposedly miss Survivor Series after her injury last night. It really sucks because that was really the only match with anything approaching a proper build (aside from the 205 Live match).

At least TakeOver is still looking good!

Just seen Smackdown....

Um....too much is happening right now, I want to talk about it and mention what happened....but I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.

Just seen Smackdown....

Um....too much is happening right now, I want to talk about it and mention what happened....but I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it.
I read the spoilers and just about what the hell is going on in there.

I think we got a hint of what was to come on the end of last weeks Smackdown when he attacked Shane, but no-one expected that last night, no-one!

Despite me trying to not spoil things I can/will say that Becky has been pulled from Survivor Series, Nia Jax gave her a hard right hand to the face during the invasion angle on Raw which lead to her having a busted nose (didn't look broken to me last night), a black eye and most serious of all a mild concussion, Becky hand picked Charlotte as her replacement to face Ronda last night, Nia Jax has been getting some savage treatment on social media since.

A big weekend coming for WWE. NXT War Games is tomorrow, then its Survivor Series, Raw and Smackdown, all four shows are coming from Staples Centre in LA.

Might be getting YouTube TV so I might be able to start watching full episodes of Raw and Smackdown. Haven’t watched them since we got rid of cable. I still watch the PPVs on the network.

NXT Takeover: War Games card.

Aleister Black v Johnny Gargano

NXT Women's Championship-2 out of 3 falls Match
Shayna Baszler (c) v Kairi Sane

War Games Match
The Undisputed Era v Ricochet, Pete Dunne & The War Raiders

NXT Championship
Tommaso Ciampa (c) v Velveteen Dream

That is a pretty stacked card!

As just about any major NXT PPV, it's about to be the star of the weekend. And that's an even stronger card it seems as the last couple of takeovers. I just hope that Velveteen is able to capture the title.

So, people here who may or may not be in the New York area WrestleMania weekend, here's some motivation to check out the tag-along shows some indy promotions do during that weekend.

NXT Takeover lived up to its billing, it was simply incredible!

Over to you Survivor Series!

Takeover was great apart from the Women's match, which was a mess and really made Shayna look bad.

Haven't decided if I'll watch Survivor Series or not.

Hot on the heels of an epic Takeover event last night comes Survivor Series tonight, here is the card.

Kick-Off Show

10-on-10 Tag Team Elimination Match

The Usos (captains), The New Day, The Colons, Sanity and Gallows/Anderson
VS
Bobby Roode and Chad Gable (captains), Lucha House Party, The Ascension, The Revival and The B-Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy (c) v Mustafa Ali

Raw Tag Team Champions v Smackdown Tag Team Champions
AOP (Raw) v The Bar (SD)

Women's 5-on-5 Tag Team Elimination Match
Natalya, Mickie James, Tamina, Nia Jax and Ruby Riott (Alexa Bliss captain)
VS
Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Sonya Deville and ??? (team captain also TBC)

Seth Rollins (Intercontinental Champion) v Shinsuke Nakamura (United States Champion)

Ronda Rousey v Charlotte Flair

Men's 5-on-5 Tag Team Elimination Match
Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, Finn Balor, Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler (Baron Corbin captain)
VS
The Miz (captain), Shane McMahon, Jeff Hardy, Samoa Joe and Rey Mysterio

Brock Lesnar (Universal Champion) v Daniel Bryan (WWE Champion)

A very good if slightly messy looking card!

As it stands AJ Styles is not on the show.

Watching the kick off show, NXT's Lars Sullivan is getting the call up after they showed a video package of him with 'coming soon' at the bottom.

Back