Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
tbh, that was one of the worst ppvs ever... Not counting the kickoff match was stupid... Expect wwe later creating a "what matters more is the fans" bullcrap video when they realize they are losing tons of fans by their own stupidness...

tbh, that was one of the worst ppvs ever... Not counting the kickoff match was stupid... Expect wwe later creating a "what matters more is the fans" bullcrap video when they realize they are losing tons of fans by their own stupidness...

It was pretty bad but I wasn't expecting it to be great since the concept itself sucks. I really hope they ditch the Raw vs Smackdown gimmick next year as it just doesn't work.

Bad Things About The Show

Nia Jax being the sole survivor on the Raw women's team proving that you can **** up and still be rewarded.

They had a General Manager on one of their branded shows piss himself in-front of millions of people, Seriously?!

WWE not counting the Smackdown tag team elimination match in the kick-off show in the score was disrespectful, it was actually a good match too.

Enzo Amore is a Moron, but what else is new?!

Smackdown getting crushed for no viable reason, a 44-year-old man who isn't really a Wrestler being the only one left on their Men's team sums it all up!

Good Things About The Show

Rollins and Nakamura had a really good match, unsurprisingly.

The Cruiserweight title match was easily match of the night, Murphy and Ali had a superb match which lead to crowd chanting '205', its about time the cruiserweights got some recognition after being often overlooked, some very talented people on that roster.

I wasn't sure about the Charlotte thing went it first started to happen, but the longer it went on the more I was sucked in, Charlotte snapping like that was easily the moment of the show, and having her turn opens new possibilities, Rousey was fantastic once again, she has been simply incredible this year, seriously who would've predicted that?

The first half of the main event was pretty horrible for me, with Bryan being throw around like that given his past injuries, but the comeback was fantastic and Brock played a huge part in that too, when he actually cares he can be a great worker, they found a way to make Bryan look strong, and for me that made the match a success.

Not the best PPV, but certainly not the worst.

Also the score was

Raw 6 Smackdown 1

Last edited:
Braun Strowman and Baron Corbin will face each other at TLC in a TLC match, if Braun wins then he gets a Universal Championship match against Lesnar at Royal Rumble, if Corbin wins he gets the Raw job permanently, Corbin, Lashley and McIntyre took Strowman out last night, Strowman suffering from a 'fractured elbow'

Ronda Rousey v Nia Jax for the Raw Women's title as at TLC.

Smackdown should be good tonight, after the hammering they got at Survivor Series.

Was going to watch Raw tonight, but the reaction to the show on social media is pretty bad, and the general feeling is that the show was a steaming pile of crap.

Rollins had an open challenge for his IC belt, and it was once again Dolph Ziggler who answered the call, now I've enjoyed the rivalry the two have had this year, all the matches they have had have been great but we need to move on, and I think it badly needed to be someone else last night to take up the challenge.

Baron Corbin continued to abuse his power, he, Lashley and McIntyre attacked Elias and Balor, Strowman wasn't there as he had surgery on his Elbow injury, its a legit injury but its not serious and the match he has with Corbin at TLC is still being advertised.

Last weeks Raw was bad too, and so was Smackdown.

I've been confused for awhile as to how WWE has managed to be both great and horrible at the same time. Raw and Smackdown aren't even worth watching and what few good parts there are get uploaded to WWE's Youtube moments after they happen, so there really isn't any reason to start watching the actual broadcast again. On the flip side the network stuff has been great, NXT is its usual self, the UK version isn't quite there, but it's not far behind either and 205 Live has really grown into something worth watching lately (hopefully they don't move it back to it's old time after the MMC is over, the crowd is way better when taped prior to Smackdown).

I'll certainly still watch the main roster PPV's, but for now watching a few clips and reading the results will be enough when it comes to Raw and Smackdown.

Becky Lynch is back on Smackdown tonight, she wasn't there last week, I don't think she has been cleared yet.

PPV/SUPERSHOW CARD ROUNDUP
TLC 2018 (12/16/2018)
WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan(c) v.s AJ Styles

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Seth Rollins(c) v.s Dean Ambrose

WWE Raw Womens Championship
Ronda Rousey(c) v.s Nia Jax

WWE SmackDown Womens Championship
Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match
Becky Lynch(c) v.s Charlotte Flair v.s Asuka

Baron Corbin v.s Braun Strowman
Strowman wins: Baron Corbin loses authority powers, Strowman gets a Universal Championship match at the 2019 Royal Rumble
Corbin wins: He becomes GM of Monday Night Raw

TBD v.s TBD
Mixed Match Challenge Finals
Winners get #30 entry in their respective Royal Rumble matches

NXT UK Takeover: Blackpool (1/12/2019)
NXT UK Championship

Pete Dunne(c) v.s Joe Coffey

NXT UK Womens Championship
Rhea Ripley(c) v.s Toni Storm

Mustache Mountain (Tyler Bate/Trent Seven) v.s Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson/James Drake)
Winners become the inaugural NXT UK Tag Team Champions

Eddie Dennis v.s Joe Mastiff
No DQ

Didn't know the winners of the MMC get that reward.

So finally something interesting happened on Smackdown last night with the first ever Women's TLC match being made, definitely agree with the two challengers, they deserve to be there.

Aleister Black and Zelina Vega are now married, I bet you guys didn't even knew they were a couple!, they've kept their relationship on the quiet.

A few matches added to TLC, Elias v Bobby Lashley, Balor v McIntyre and The Bar v Usos for the tag titles, should add a ladder to the last one and it'll be a classic.

Smackdown last night, and I wasn't really feeling the whole 'new Daniel Bryan' or his heel turn in any way...

...Until last night!

Wow What a performance from him last night!. The great promo he gave on Miz TV, his facial expressions and then attacking AJ at the end, he truly believes in that character...and now so do I!

The opening segment on Raw last night was Rollins calling out Corbin and blaming him for how bad Raw has been in the last month or so, it was like Vince owning up to his mistakes lately through Baron Corbin, it was interesting to watch.

Anyway it led to a TLC match between the two for Seth's IC title which was a good match, Corbin has been using Heath Slater as a ref to his advantage and he has been telling told what to do by Corbin, there was a match between Lio Rush and Elias and Lashley hit Elias in the back with a guitar and Slater let it go.

The Elias-Lashley match at TLC is now a Ladder match with a Guitar on top and whoever gets it can use it as a weapon, TLC is this Sunday.

CARD ROUNDUP!

WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders, and Chairs 2018
12/16/2018
SAP Center in San Jose, CA

CARD:
WWE Championship

Daniel Bryan(c) v.s AJ Styles

WWE Intercontinental Championship
Seth Rollins(c) v.s Dean Ambrose

WWE RAW Women's Championship
Ronda Rousey(c) v.s Nia Jax

WWE SmackDown Women's CHampionship
Tables, Ladders, and Chairs
Becky Lynch(c) v.s Charlotte Flair v.s Asuka

WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships
The Bar(Cesaro/Sheamus)(c) v.s The New Day (???/???) v.s The Usos

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy(c) v.s Cedric Alexander

Baron Corbin v.s Braun Strowman
If Corbin wins: He becomes full-time RAW GM
If Strowman wins: He gets a shot at the Universal Championship at the 2019 Royal Rumble AND Corbin loses all authoritative power

Tables Match
Natalya v.s Ruby Riot(t)

Ladder GEETAR Match
Elias v.s Bobby Lashley
(Assuming I'm reading it right, same concept as Triple H/Kevin Nash from the 2011 event)

Chairs Match
Randy Orton v.s Rey Mysterio

Finn Balor v.s Drew McIntyre

Mixed Match Challenge Finals, winners also get the #30 spot in their respective Royal Rumbles
R-Truth/Carmella v.s Jinder Mahal/Alicia Fox

Wrestle Kingdom 13 in Tokyo Dome
1/4/2019
Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan

IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Kenny Omega(c) v.s Hiroshi Tanahashi

IWGP Intercontinental Championship
Chris Jericho(c) v.s Tetsuya Naito

IWGP United States Championship
Cody Rhodes(c) v.s Juice Robinson

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
KUSHIDA(c) v.s Taiji Ishimori

NEVER Openweight Championship
Kota Ibushi(c) v.s Will Ospreay

RPW British Heavyweight Championship
Tomohiro Ishii(c) v.s Zack Sabre, Jr

IWGP Tag Team Championship
Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga/Tanga Loa) v.s Los Ingobernobles de Japon (EVIL/SANADA) v.s The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
Suzuki-gun (El Desperado/Yoshinobu Kanemaru)(c) v.s Los Ingobernbles de Japon (BUSHI/Shingo Takagi) v.s Roppongi 3K (SHO/YOH)

Kazuchika Okada v.s Jay White

PRE-SHOW:
No New Japan Rumble :(
Instead, gauntlet match to determine the #1 contenders to the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship

NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool
1/12/2019
Empress Ballroom in Blackpool, England

NXT UK Championship

Pete Dunne(c) v.s Joe Coffey

Winners become the inaugural NXT UK Tag Team Champions
Mustache Mountain (Trent Seven/Tyler Bate) v.s Grizzled Young Veterans (Zack Gibson/James Drake)

NXT UK Womens Championship
Rhea Ripley(c) v.s Toni Storm

No DQ
Eddie Dennis v.s Dave Mastiff

NXT TakeOver: Phoenix
1/26/2019
Talking Stick Resort Arena in Phoenix, Arizona

NXT Championship

Tommaso Ciampa(c) v.s Aleister Black

TLC has lots of potential to be great with some of the matches that are on the card. My concern is that it's so bloated none of them will get the time needed to be great. Hopefully the Smackdown women at least get 20-30 minutes so it can live up to it's potential (I really don't care if it's the main event or not).

Also, both Kurt Angle and Vince are supposed to be on Raw the following night.

I wonder how they are going to fit all those matches in tonight, there are eleven in total, and I think its usually six or seven for a PPV, one of the matches surely has to be moved to the pre-show.

Watching the pre-show, already had the Cruiserweight match which was unfortunately back on the pre-show after they tore the house down at Survivor Series, a second match is now on and its the ladder match between Elias and Lashley.

They had a interview segment with Becky Lynch where she said that the triple threat TLC match will be main event.

Main show starts in just over 10 minutes.

TLC was pretty good despite being insanely long. I know some people are complaining about how the main event ended, but I think it did a good job furthering the buildup to an inevitable 4 horsewoman vs 4 horsewoman match.

Bryan and Styles had a fantastic match and easily match of the night, main event was really good too, a bit disappointed in the Ambrose/Rollins as it felt kinda flat and never really got out of second gear. Don't really remember much about the rest of the show, which says a lot!

Vince on Raw tonight to 'shake things up', a lot of speculation as to what that would be...

So all 4 McMahons came out, paid some lip service and that was about it. Hopefully they mean it, but as long as the Universal Title is at Brock's house instead of TV it's hard to take them seriously.

Edit: In addition to Lars. Lacey Evans, EC3, Heavy Machinery and Nikki Cross are being called up. No word on what brand each will end up on, but I'd imagine Nikki will be on SmackDown with Sanity.

Edit 2: Night 1 of "New WWE" wasn't bad, really wish the Lashley/Elias feud would be over already though.

Last edited:
Raw was pretty good, be interesting to see what happens going forward, starting with Smackdown tonight.

I've heard next weeks Raw has been pre-taped because it falls on Christmas Eve, is this true?

I've heard next weeks Raw has been pre-taped because it falls on Christmas Eve, is this true?

Yes, spoilers are already out as well. I'm guessing it will be the same for next week's Smackdown.

Sounds like a typical holiday show, nothing much of consequence and the mandatory seasonal comedy match.

No clue what the plans are for new year's.

Yes, spoilers are already out as well. I'm guessing it will be the same for next week's Smackdown.

Sounds like a typical holiday show, nothing much of consequence and the mandatory seasonal comedy match.

No clue what the plans are for new year's.

The New Years Raw is taping on 12/28 and Smackdown on 12/29

Proper big-ish news as WWE is bringing back some form of the Women's Tag Team Championship in the new year after a 30-year hiatus.

To date, this marks either 17 or 18 titles to keep track of, depending on if each main roster brand gets their own versions of the belts.

There's only 2 ways I can see the Women's tag belts working considering how shallow the division is on both shows.

1) Somehow have 1 title be contested on Raw and Smackdown. This seems rather unlikely though if the rumours that Fox doesn't want to promote Raw are to be believed.

2) Move all the established pairings onto one show. I think each show has 2 actual pairings (Sasha/Bailey, Riott Squad, Sonya/Mandy and the IIconics), so moving 2 over to the other show would at least give 4 pairings to compete for the title at the beginning. Granted each show also has a wild card with Alexa/Mickie (If Alexa gets cleared) and Naomi/Asuka.

I would say there is a third possibility of calling some NXT women up, but the only actual pairing that seems ready is Io Shirai and Kairi Sane. The "3 of the 4 Horsewomen" will obviously be in the picture as well at some point, but Jessamyn and Marina still have a ways to go, so calling them up so soon would be a mistake (and their first main roster feud needs to be the 4HW vs. 4HW match).

To date, this marks either 17 or 18 titles to keep track of, depending on if each main roster brand gets their own versions of the belts.

Well, at least they make the Universal title easy to keep track of (Spoiler, it's at Brock's house). :lol:

Last edited:
Back