Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Apologises for the double post, another match has been made for Wrestlemania, its The Revival v Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins for the Raw tag titles.

Hard to get behind a match that was thrown together for no real reason around three days before the actual PPV.

Hard to get behind a match that was thrown together for no real reason around three days before the actual PPV.

I think even if they did try giving it some build it would be hard to get excited. It's pretty much the B Team all over again only on a bigger stage (Both Hawkins and Ryder are from New York as well, so there's the home town title win WWE loves).

I don't really like to complain about WWE's booking decisions, but it really is annoying how they treat the tag divisions.

Apologises for the double post, another match has been made for Wrestlemania, its The Revival v Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins for the Raw tag titles.

Of everyone from the roster they pick Ryder and Hawkins I’m betting that’ll be on the pre show or somewhere in the mid card.

Wrestlemania weekend starts tonight with NXT Takeover: New York from the Barclays Centre.

Here is the card.

NXT North American Championship
Velveteen Dream (c) v Matt Riddle

NXT Tag Team Championship
The War Raiders (c) v Aleister Black & Ricochet

NXT United Kingdom Championship
Pete Dunne (c) v Walter

NXT Women's Championship-Fatal Four Way Match
Shayna Baszler (c) v Io Shirai v Bianca Belair v Kairi Sane

NXT Championship-2 out of 3 falls match
Johnny Gargano v Adam Cole

Now that is a very good card!

Taking bets on when the camera will pan over to him in the crowd. My pick's before Riddle/Dream.

Well, you were close. :lol:

So far it has been a very good show. Velveteen Dream already won the award for best entrance of the entire weekend.

Walter won, which isn't that surprising considering how long Dunne had been champion.

Walter is fantastic. Probably the best way to get the belt off of Dunne, it looked like it took everything Walter had and then some to finish him off. I'd still say the tag match was the match of the night, not that there was a less than great match on the show. As usual, the main roster has a tough act to follow.

Ooops, I think we're supposed to call him WALTER actually :)

Didn't get to see the takeover but man!! Congrats Johnny Gargano!! Will sound cruel... but now I kind of want Batista to win at Wrestlemania 35 to send Triple H to the main chair already!! :D

Amazing show last night, all matches were great with no filler, fantastic start to the weekend. 👍

Well here's something for the lucha fans in the States.

EDIT:
Look at this dingaling fan at tonight's Hall of Fame ceremony:

Last edited:

Well here's something for the lucha fans in the States.

EDIT:
Look at this dingaling fan at tonight's Hall of Fame ceremony:

I just saw that. I was just like "Why? Why attack Bret Hart?"

And since that I can't see the tweet, here's a IG video of it.

And I'm glad Dash Wilder punch that fan in the face. He deserves it after what he pulled on Bret.

Bret got up and continued like it never happened, hope the scumbag gets thrown in a room with an angry Braun Strowman!

This was a new stage layout too...

Just saw it on twitter?? Why did that guy did that?? It wasn't for just 15 minutes of fame... His face was never revealed :embarrassed:

And I'm glad Dash Wilder punch that fan in the face. He deserves it after what he pulled on Bret.

Seems a few people got a shot or two in.

Edit: I do love how Daniel and Kofi have stayed in character for the whole ceremony. :lol:

Edit 2: The DX opening was awesome, they got the crowd to thank Vince than burned AEW. :lol:

Last edited:
Enzo and Big Cass gate crashed the G1 show at MSG last night, looks like they got involved in the Bully Ray match, not sure if it was meant to happen or not.

Also, Happy WrestleMania Day!!

not sure if it was meant to happen or not.

Ring of Honor retweeted some posts about it so it's probably a work. At least if they are in RoH it means they are unlikely to show up in AEW or MLW.

Granted I do wonder if their gimmick will even work in the indies (if they stick to their WWE "small white rapper and his big side kick" routine). It really seems best suited for a large, younger crowd, which is the opposite of 99% of indie crowds. Than again one of the biggest indie stars' gimmick revolves around his genitals, so who knows. :lol:

Here is the Huge card for WrestleMania 35 tonight!

Kick-Off Show

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal
Confirmed Participants:
Colin Jost, Michael Che, Braun Strowman, Andrade, Apollo Crews, Titus O'Neil, Tyler Breeze, Jinder Mahal, No Way Jose, Bobby Roode, Chad Gable, Kalisto, Gran Metalik, Lince Dorado, Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Rhyno, Viktor, Konnor, Ali, Shelton Benjamin, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Otis, Tucker, EC3.

Women's Battle Royal
Confirmed Participants:
Asuka, Carmella, Naomi, Lana, Mandy Rose, Sonya DeVille, Nikki Cross, Dana Brooke, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Mickie James, Zelina Vega

Cruiserweight Championship
Buddy Murphy (c) v Tony Nese

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raw Tag Team Championship
The Revival (c) v Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder

Smackdown Tag Team Championship-Fatal Four Way Match
The Usos (c) v The Bar v Shinsuke Nakamura & Rusev v Ricochet & Aleister Black

Kurt Angle's Farewell Match
Kurt Angle v Baron Corbin

Intercontinental Championship
Bobby Lashley (c) v 'Demon' Finn Balor

United States Championship
Samoa Joe (c) v Rey Mysterio

AJ Styles v Randy Orton

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship-Fatal Four Way Match
Sasha Banks & Bayley (c) v Beth Phoenix & Natalya v The Iconics v Nia Jax & Tamina

Roman Reigns v Drew McIntyre

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Shane McMahon v The Miz

No Holds Barred Match
Triple H v Batista
(If Triple H loses he has to retire)

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Seth Rollins

WWE Championship
Daniel Bryan (c) v Kofi Kingston

Raw And Smackdown Women's Championship-Winner Takes All Triple Threat Match
Ronda Rousey (c) v Charlotte Flair (c) v Becky Lynch

Small change to the card, the Raw tag title match between Revival and Hawkins/Ryder is now on the kick-off show, which is on now.

So far, all titles have been changed... This could be something good!! Also, Zack Ryder won another title at WM lol

At least Braun won! :D

Last edited:
Shane O Mac vs. Miz... WHAT. A. MATCH!!

You could say it was AAAWWWEEESSSOOOMMMEEE!!!!

The only thing I would have changed would have been some pyro after the last spot, but with how close the fans were I understand why that didn't happen.

Back