Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
I think the last time any wrestling or fighting event was on a Turner network was WCW Nitro. If it works, that's a solid platform.
Unless this happens... again lol

Also, about Sasha's situation... I understand her frustration (considering she is one of the bests of the current rooster), but her attitude is very childish, specially since Bayley kind of accepted it and continued with her life (both can be women's champions again eventually)... Also, I'm not defending Vince's usual last minute changes but since we are discussing a very new championship, I think Vince didn't wanted to pull a Universal championship-esque move with the belts and give them more diversity so in that way they wouldn't lose their mainstream like the red belt.

So War Raiders are now "The Viking Experience". :odd:

And Miz is back on Raw.

Edit: Cedric Alexander also coming to Raw. Hopefully to actually be used. Andrade as well.

Edit 2: This may be the worst episode of Raw I've seen in quite some time. The matches are fine, but it would be nice if commentary would shut up about the shakeup for 5 seconds.

Last edited:
So War Raiders are now "The Viking Experience". :odd:

And Miz is back on Raw.

Edit: Cedric Alexander also coming to Raw. Hopefully to actually be used. Andrade as well.

Edit 2: This may be the worst episode of Raw I've seen in quite some time. The matches are fine, but it would be nice if commentary would shut up about the shakeup for 5 seconds.
Well you know that the apron is the hardest part of the ring right :lol: they do that for every special event/ppv.

Superstars that have moved to Raw.

The Miz
The Viking Experience (that name....seriously what the hell?!)
Cedric Alexander
The Usos
Naomi
Lacey Evans (permanently on Raw)
Rey Mysterio
Andrade
Zelina Vega
Eric Young
AJ Styles

Don't think I've missed anyone out, pretty good show, crowd were fantastic.

Balor is on Smackdown now (yay!) along with the IC title*.

*Samoa Joe is supposedly sick with the flu and is rumored to have been scheduled for Raw, so both mid-card titles likely aren't on the same show.

Edit: Not sure I've ever heard a pop like that for Roman that wasn't cancer related.

Last edited:
Roman's kind of a big deal and people usually seem to pop for any major surprise like that, but that was a better reaction than he's had the last couple weeks. Not sure how long it will last, especially if they keep at the whole anti-authority nonsense with him. Or maybe Canada actually likes him now just like they hate Bayley for some reason. And of course Vince screwed Bret so there's that.

Kairi Sane got called up!
Poor Kairi. But hey, I guess this means we can officially get on the hype trainship for PirateMania now. :cheers:

Full list of Wrestlers who have moved shows, this list is on WWE.com if you want to see it yourself.

From Raw to Smackdown.
Roman Reigns
Finn Balor
Elias
Bayley
Ember Moon
Kairi Sane
Lars Sullivan
Buddy Murphy
Liv Morgan
Chad Gable
Apollo Crews
Mickie James
Heavy Machinery

From Smackdown to Raw
AJ Styles
The Miz
Aleister Black
Ricochet
The Viking Experience
Andrade
Zelina Vega
Rey Mysterio
The Usos
Naomi
EC3
Lacey Evans
Cedric Alexander
Eric Young

Considering the rumors about NJPW not being happy about that stunt I'm not really surprised, especially with G.o.D. as the RoH tag champs.

It's kind of funny how I constantly see people talking about "WWE being afraid of AEW", when it's obvious that RoH is probably the most afraid as their product is the most similar to what AEW will likely produce and they don't have much of a draw outside of the NJPW deal.

Cody will face Dustin at Double or Nothing. I'm not expecting anything great since neither have been anything special in-ring (and Dustin just hit 50), but Dustin's promo has me anticipating the match all the same.

Dustin may not be Dusty, but damn does he know how to keep your attention in his own way. I've always been intrigued by Goldust, and some of his WCW stuff is fun to go back to, but I want to see where this goes.

So it appears that WWE have changed their mind on a couple of the switches that happened during the Shakeup last week, PW Insider have reported that Andrade and Zelina Vega will be back on Smackdown this week, Andrade had a very good match v Balor on Raw last week in which he won, also they have split Aleister Black and Ricochet, Black will be on Smackdown with Ricochet on Raw.

The SHEILD's final match (at least for the foreseeable future!) was on the Network last night, it was billed as the 'SHEILD'S final chapter' they had a six man tag against McIntyre, Corbin and Lashley (again!) this is obviously because of Dean Ambrose leaving in the next week or so, plus also because Roman Reigns is now on Smackdown.

So it appears that WWE have changed their mind on a couple of the switches that happened during the Shakeup last week, PW Insider have reported that Andrade and Zelina Vega will be back on Smackdown this week, Andrade had a very good match v Balor on Raw last week in which he won, also they have split Aleister Black and Ricochet, Black will be on Smackdown with Ricochet on Raw.

Andrade's staying on Smackdown is apparently because of a request by Fox as they want to promote the program on Fox Deportes (so don't be surprised to see Mysterio sneak back over). Black was moved as they try to keep couples together as best they can. I think both are very much the right call.

Cesaro has apparently been moved to Raw as well. No word on Sheamus apart from injury rumours (which hopefully if true, are minor).

Edit: "The Viking Experience", formerly War Raiders and War Machine are now Viking Raiders. Still horrible, but at least not laughably so.

Last edited:
Two triple threat matches to determine Rollins's challenger for the title on Raw tonight, plus Cesaro v Cedric Alexander and Becky Lynch v Alicia Fox.

I don't really know what to say about Bray. I thought with the correct strong booking he would take over in the undertakers on screen role. I guess not.

I don't really know what to say about Bray. I thought with the correct strong booking he would take over in the undertakers on screen role. I guess not.
He very well could have, the whole "spooky swamp people cult leader" thing was actually timed very well and worked great at the start. But the main problem is that Undertaker was still around when they brought Bray in, and I'm betting creative wanted to wait until Taker had fully retired before they really put Bray in his place. And now, several years later... well.

On Raw last night, WWE put up that 'trending on Twitter' graphic stating that Bray Wyatt was trending not once but twice, I had no idea what that was about whilst I was watching the show, until I checked Twitter itself.....and my god what are they doing to him?!?!

AJ styles is to face Seth Rollins for the Universal title at MITB in four weeks after winning a triple threat and then a one-on-one match in the main event.

Cody will face Dustin at Double or Nothing. I'm not expecting anything great since neither have been anything special in-ring (and Dustin just hit 50), but Dustin's promo has me anticipating the match all the same.

And here is Cody's response. Dusty taught them well.

WWE confirmed this week that they will be going back to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on the 7th June, I have been hearing that Goldberg will be appearing.

So some things have happened on Raw and Smackdown this week, here's the story.

In recent weeks Raw hasn't been good, in fact last weeks Raw was one of the lowest rated in the show's history, there is obviously a number of reasons for this such as poor booking and talent mismanagement etc. to help turn things around they seem to have got rid of the brand split, Vince on Raw came up with a 'Wildcard Rule' where by a number of stars from Smackdown can appear on Raw and vice versa, Roman Reigns planted the seeds for this by saying on Twitter last week that he would appear on Raw.....and he did, along with Kofi Kingston, Daniel Bryan and Lars Sullivan. On Smackdown it was AJ Styles, Sami Zayn and the Usos from Raw appearing.

My take on this, well Raw was much better this week than last, but it defeats to the point of the Shakeup which was just a few weeks ago, there is always a hangover after Wrestlemania, and this is definitely it as it was only about a month ago. So its either they have got rid of the brand split or this is a only short term thing which will last maybe a month at best.

Kofi defended the title on both shows this week, and Raw against Bryan in a re-match and on Smackdown in a triple threat against AJ and Zayn, also Daniel Bryan and Rowan are new Smackdown tag team champs.

It still kind of seems that their master plan to fix everything is: More McMahons, more Roman, more Video Packages, more of the same people every show. And maybe less wrestling. The first hour of Smackdown had about 10 minutes of wrestling in it -- 6 of which was in a tiny soundless box during commercial breaks. Maybe less ladies wrestling too... I read that the girls got about 8 minutes total between both shows combined, I didn't watch Raw to confirm that, but they only got about 5 minutes on SD with fully half being Paige talking while Kairi attempted to look threatening with her pirate wheel -- oh wait I actually liked that bit :D

Maybe they're right, who knows? :odd:

I've been back to just watching NXT and NXT UK for about a month now, the main roster is just a mess at the moment and there is nothing making me want to tune into anything other than the PPV's. Skipping them has given me time to start my reliving of the Attitude era though, so it's not all bad! :lol:

Back