Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,240 comments
So I completely forgot that there was a Takeover show tonight, Its called Takeover XXV as its the 25th Takeover event, here is the card.

Matt Riddle v Roderick Strong

NXT Tag Team Championship-Four Way Ladder Match
Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan v Street Profits v Undisputed Era v Forgotten Sons

North American Championship
Velveteen Dream (c) v Tyler Breeze

NXT Women's Championship
Shayna Baszler (c) v Io Shiria

NXT Championship
Johnny Gargano (c) v Adam Cole

Will most likely have to give this a miss as it clashes with the Joshua-Ruiz Jr. fight, will watch it in the week.

Please let this keep being a thing. Not gonna be a tenth as absurd as the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship (kinda hard to beat a belt which can win itself and change hands in dreams), but a bit of harmless fun.

Takeover 25 was another brilliant show, the tag team ladder match was beautifully chaotic with eight men just killing each other, Gargano v Cole was a match of the year contender. 👍

During the show they announced that the second NXT UK Takeover show will take place in Cardiff on August 31st, the fact that its in Wales is pretty huge in itself but it also is on the same day as AEW's All Out show.

Undertaker will be on Raw tonight and Goldberg on Smackdown to promote their match in Jeddah on Friday, Brock is also advertised to cash in his MITB tonight too.....we'll see if that happens!!

WWE Saudi show is tomorrow, I haven't posted the card yet as I'm not that bothered about it, I'll probably watch it over the weekend but definitely wont watch it live.

R-Truth lost and then regained the 24/7 title tonight, Jinder pinned him on the airport tarmac before a flight (yeah really!) and Truth pinned Jinder whilst he was asleep on said flight (yeah really!)

I understand "different countries, different behaviors", but this crowd is dead. Still, so far so good :D The stage even looks like Wrestlemania-ish ;)

Edit: WHAT A MATCH BETWEEN ORTON AND TRIPLE H!! ♥

Last edited:
A good show overall I thought, Orton and Triple H was match of the night for me, Taker v Goldberg was terrible and maybe Goldberg was a bit concussed after hitting that ring-post head first hard, Mansoor winning the battle royal was a nice moment and he actually looks pretty good.

Both main title matches were average at best, Shane actually pinned Roman and celebrated like he had just won the WWE title or something, Brock didn't cash in but still has the briefcase, Balor v Andrade was good and its always a treat to see Demon Finn.

There wasn't a lot that was newsworthy and no title changes both a quite enjoyable show overall.

I ended up watching the event live. Mostly because it was on at 7pm on a Friday evening and the missus wanted a cuddle on the sofa so it went on. She went bed at 10pm I fell asleep on the sofa shortly after during the Kofi match. Not a knock on any of the performers as its not like it was a bad match (main event aside) it was just getting late and I'd been up since sunrise.

Fair play for them giving Mansoor the win, biggest pop of the night.

It is a shame that these big matches are being done over there just because of the money. They really are WM worthy matches.

dcLKRUAfhlwSDmdQzRfL0_l5SN8XNUtOs0aKduPOBmY.png

Not a lot happened on Raw last night, Baron Corbin can pick a special guest referee for his title match against Seth Rollins at Stomping Grounds, and we have new Raw tag champs.

Also R-Truth and some of his 24/7 challengers got stick in a lift and Bray Wyatt killed Ramblin Rabbit!

If you do go for it, I hope you end up getting one of the nights Minoru Suzuki will wrestle if he's in the tournament.

You won't get to @BKGlover as Suzuki isn't in this year. Instead, if you end up going, I hope it's a night Taichi is working.

2019 G1 Climax participants-
BLOCK A:
  • Lance Archer
  • EVIL
  • Bad Luck Fale
  • Kota Ibushi
  • KENTA
  • Kazuchika Okada
  • Will Ospreay
  • Zack Sabre Jr
  • SANADA
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi
BLOCK B:
  • Jeff Cobb
  • Hirooki Goto
  • Tomohiro Ishii
  • Jon Moxley
  • Tetsuya Naito
  • Juice Robinson
  • Taichi
  • Shingo Takagi
  • Jay White
  • Toru Yano
Predictions:
  • Okada or Tanahashi/Naito win their respective blocks.
  • If Okada doesn't win Block A, then Naito wins the whole tournament to finish his redemption arc after failing agianst Okada at Wrestle Kingdom 8 and 12
  • The Holy Lord Taichi will play spoiler in his block, forcing the top two point scorers into a sudden-death match.

Last edited:
When do you guys think this Shane heel thing will end??... I do believe in survivor series, like in 2014 with the authority. TBH, that would be fitting considering how the storyline is going and how many are involved, would be the biggest ss brawl yet ;)

From what I've been hearing and reading on the dirt sheets Shane is set to face Kofi for the WWE title in the next few months, maybe Summerslam.

From what I've been hearing and reading on the dirt sheets Shane is set to face Kofi for the WWE title in the next few months, maybe Summerslam.
...so Shane is as delusional as Vince and Linda. At least Steph sticks to her shtick consistently, the hell is this gonna prove?

Non-WWE, I finally got around to watching some New Japan I had recorded...Christ, I missed a lot of stuff. AXS TV commentary crew is different. I genuinely liked JR and Josh Barnett, so I do miss hearing them but this crew is adequate at least, and better than WWE (possibly ROH too), but I do prefer the gounded near-neutral commentary.

Lastly, Bullet Club has passed the nWo as a faction in my mind, possibly DX as well.

The 24/7 title is easily the best thing on WWE right now!

On Smackdown Drake Maverick finally pinned R-Truth by dressing up as Carmella and hitting Truth with a roll up, he then took the title to his wedding-and that's his actual wedding and not storyline-once he kissed his bride (who's quite hot!) Truth gate-crashed and pinned Maverick to get his title back! :lol:

The 24/7 title is easily the best thing on WWE right now!

On Smackdown Drake Maverick finally pinned R-Truth by dressing up as Carmella and hitting Truth with a roll up, he then took the title to his wedding-and that's his actual wedding and not storyline-once he kissed his bride (who's quite hot!) Truth gate-crashed and pinned Maverick to get his title back! :lol:

And here I thought King Maxel was the champ now!

Edit: Is there any way to get it not to do that annoying tweet-embedding garbage? If I change the MEDIA tags to URL it breaks the link, and if manage to find something that doesn't get turned into an embed it doesn't show me what the tag is when I edit the message?
Edit2: It's not a big deal, but I still would like to be able to disable that or to at least have some control.

Last edited:
Here is the card for WWE Stomping Grounds tonight.

Kick-Off Show

Cruiserweight Championship-Triple Threat Match

Tony Nese (c) v Akira Tozawa v Drew Gulak

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The New Day (Xavier & Big E) v Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
Rowan & Daniel Bryan (c) v Heavy Machinery

United States Championship
Samoa Joe (c) v Ricochet

Roman Reigns v Drew McIntyre

Smackdown Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Alexa Bliss

Raw Women's Championship
Becky Lynch (c) v Lacey Evans

WWE Championship-Steel Cage Match
Kofi Kingston (c) v Dolph Ziggler

Universal Championship
Seth Rollins (c) v Baron Corbin
(Corbin to pick special guest referee)

No Kick-Off Show match yet, the cruiserweight title match is an obvious choice. As soon as I know about it ill edit this post.

Got a bad feeling that Corbin will pick Brock Lesnar as the ref.

Last edited:
I have a dollar that says it'll be Trips, Vince, or the winner of Reigns/McIntyre.

He also told me to invest in a used car lot, but that might have been when the meds kicked in.

Great show tonight, some great matches, two new champions, the show was far from a sell-out with one huge section of the arena curtained off but the crowd were excellent and full of noise throughout, the talent looked fired up and motivated.

Really enjoyable night. 👍

Two matches made for Extreme Rules in three weeks, Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch putting their titles on the line v Corbin & Lacey Evans in a mixed tag match. Drew McIntyre & Shane McMahon v Roman Reigns &......Undertaker!

Yep, Undertaker was on Raw last night taking out Shane and Drew when they attacked Roman.

Right some HUGE news today coming from WWE. Here is the statement.

'WWE has named Paul Heyman as Executive Director of Monday Night Raw and Eric Bischoff as Executive Director of Smackdown Live, newly created positions reporting directed to WWE Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon.

In their executive roles, Heyman and Bischoff will oversee the creative development of WWE's flagship programming and ensure integration across all platforms and lines of business. The creation of the new roles further establishes WWE's ability to continuously reinvent its global brand whilst providing two distinct creative process of its flagship shows'

There is more to the statement but it just goes into Heyman and Bischoff's back-round at WCW and ECW and that.

WWE have been trying to tie Heyman down with a creative role since February, he has been working with some talent behind the scenes such as Bobby Lashley, Becky Lynch and Ronda Rousey.

Bischoff role came together in the last few weeks, he will be working with FOX as WWE looks to build relations with the network ahead of Smackdown debuting on there in October.

It is thought the roles they would have would be similar to Triple H's at NXT.

Heyman's first Raw last night and what a ride!

Lashley and Strowman killing each other in the opening segment.
AJ Styles returning to the dark side and attacking Ricochet after their match along and getting The Club back together.
Samoa Joe making Kofi pass out and actually making him look like a threat.
More 24/7 title shenanigans with Maverick pinning R-Truth for the title.

Its over to Bischoff for tonight's Smackdown now!

Latest Posts

Back