Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,239 comments
Excellent Raw last night, started with the 24/7 title (which had its own intro package!) there was a mixed tag team mosh pit match (yeah I don't know either!) with Truth and Carmella v Drake and his wife Renee, Truth pinned Maverick for the win but then all the superstars pulled on Truth and the ref counted to three with Mike Kanellis winning the title, backstage however Maria made Mike lay down for her to pin him and now she is the Champion, whilst being pregnant!

Gallows and Anderson are the new Raw tag champs after a really good triple threat match with Revival and Usos, who actually had a match after the week they had.

Ricochet will face AJ Styles at SS for the US title after he won a Gauntlet match which also had Rey Mysterio, Sami Zayn, Cesaro and Andrade. Ricochet beat Andrade last.

The biggest news was the most BRUTAL beatdown I have seen in WWE for a LONG time! Seth Rollins had a match with Ziggler that only lasted a few minutes, because Brock Lesnar made his presence felt, he attacked Rollins, tossed him around like he weighed next to nothing, F5 into the ring post, a few F5's onto the back of a steel chair whilst the chair was standing (the chair was not flat in the ring, it was upstanding), Rollins started bleeding from his mouth, he got carried out into an Ambulance but then Brock wouldn't let it leave, one final F5 onto the trolley that was carrying Seth.

The whole thing just looked Barbaric and very real, Seth might have bitten into a blood capsule for the drama but he looked genuinely hurt and WWE have so far been quite cagey with updates on his condition.

Brilliant Raw and it has definitely improved since Heyman took over.

2019 G1 Climax updated standings:

Block A
  • Kazuchika Okada (12 pts)
  • KENTA (8 pts)
  • Kota Ibushi (8 pts)
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi (8 pts)
  • EVIL (6 pts)
  • Lance Archer (4 pts)
  • Will Ospreay (4 pts)
  • SANADA (4 pts)
  • Zack Sabre Jr (4 pts)
  • Bad Luck Fale (2 pts)

Block B
  • Jon Moxley (10 pts)
  • Tomohiro Ishii (6 pts)
  • Juice Robinson (6 pts)
  • Shingo Takagi (4 pts)
  • Toru Yano (4 pts)
  • Taichi (4 pts)
  • Tetsuya Naito (4 pts)
  • Jeff Cobb (4 pts)
  • Hirooki Goto (4 pts)
  • Jay White (4 pts)

PATHS TO VICTORY:
BLOCK A:
  • Kazuchika Okada:
    At minimum, one win and a tie will put him at 15 points which would be insurmountable. Tiebreaker wins over KENTA and Tanahashi, yet to fight Ibushi.
  • KENTA:
    Win out to put him at 14 points, Okada to at best tie one and lose out which would put him at 13 points. Tiebreaker win over Ibushi.
  • Kota Ibushi:
    Win out, KENTA cannot win more than twice (12 pts), Okada can't win and tie more than once each. Has yet to fight Okada and Tanahashi to determine tiebreakers.
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi:
    Win out, Okada can't win and tie more than once each, yet to determine tiebreaker over Ibushi.

Block B is up in the air. At this point Moxley, Ishii, Robinson, and Naito are the main players with a reasonable shot at winning.

Naito's path is the toughest, and would require:
  • winning out to put him at 12 points
  • Moxley can't win again and can only get one tie/draw (has to keep points total at or below 11)/being forced to withdraw through injury and unable to make the finals
  • tiebreaker win over Robinson, owns win over Ishii and loss to Moxley*
  • Ishii to not score 13 or more points.
*=UPDATE: Got the tiebreaker win over Robinson.

Unrelated edit but :(

Last edited:
Very sad news about Harley Race's passing, one of the all time greats.

RIP Harley Race

:(

Dolph Ziggler v Goldberg might be happening at Summerslam, I know that sounds random, Dolph has been name checking Goldberg in a few of his promos lately, he hasn't been calling him out or anything but he has just been saying that he is a terrible wrestler.

Big week for WWE with Takeover and Summerslam this weekend and of course Raw and Smackdown also.

Trish Stratus returns to in ring competition tonight when she teams with Becky Lynch to take on Charlotte and Natalya.

Becky Lynch and Roman Reigns are on the cover of WWE 2K20.

Those still in contention to win their respective blocks in the 2019 G1, with two matches per block left:

BLOCK A:
  • Kazuchika Okada (12 pts)
    Not gonna be the first to win out block stage since 2009 when current WWE Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura pulled it off, losing to the already-eliminated SANADA. Has EVIL and Kota Ibushi left.
  • Kota Ibushi (10 pts)
    Has possible tie-breaking loss to EVIL. Okada and Zack Sabre Jr are his last two enounters.
  • EVIL (8 pts)
    Would advance to the finals given winning out v.s Lance Archer and Okada, Ibushi going no better than 1-1, and Okada going 0-2.
BLOCK B:
  • Jon Moxley (10 pts)
    Took two losses recently to Jay White and perennial spoiler Toru Yano, has Hirooki Goto and Shingo Takagi left.
  • Tetsuya Naito (8 pts)
    Recovered from his sputtering start in the tourney and has key tiebreakers over Goto and Tomohiro Ishii. Has Jeff Cobb and Jay White left, has to win out and Moxley going 0-1-1 at best in order to advance.
  • Hirooki Goto (8 pts)
    Perennial dark horse pick, is still quietly in play, has tiebreaker win over Ishii. Has White and Takagi left.
  • Tomohiro Ishii (8 pts)
    Tiebreaker v.s Jay White. I'd secretly love him to advance to the finals, unlikely. Has Takagi and Lord Taichi left.
  • Jay White (8 pts)
    Still depressing that he's a year younger than me. Important win v.s Moxley, kind of a long road to win. Naito and Robinson left.
  • Juice Robinson (6 pts)
    Still, according to Wikipedia, technically in play to advance. White and Moxley left.
  • Toru Yano (6 pts)
    It'd be a very Toru Yano thing for him to slide into the finals on a bunch of technicalities. Same as Robinson in that he's still technically in play, has important tiebreakers over Naito, White, and Moxley. Jeff Cobb and Lord Taichi left.

Dolph Ziggler v Goldberg might be happening at Summerslam, I know that sounds random, Dolph has been name checking Goldberg in a few of his promos lately, he hasn't been calling him out or anything but he has just been saying that he is a terrible wrestler.

And now it's official. Can't say I'm excited for it with how little build there is. But at least the pre-match recap will be short (probably shorter than Goldberg's entrance).

And now it's official. Can't say I'm excited for it with how little build there is. But at least the pre-match recap will be short (probably shorter than Goldberg's entrance).
5 minute video package, 12-15 minute intro's, depending on the direction they take this either Goldberg in 28 seconds or Dolph in 5 minutes by shenanigans.

Another good Raw show last night I thought, slightly let down by another dead crowd, the only real pop of the night was for Goldberg, even the Lesnar/Rollins beatdown and Rollins promo afterwards got a subdued reaction.

We have new Women's tag team champions in Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross after a good but a bit patchy fatal four way elimination match, The Iconics were good with the belts and they're reaction to getting eliminated first was Gold! :lol:

Also someone is trying to kill Roman Reigns!!

Another good Raw show last night I thought, slightly let down by another dead crowd, the only real pop of the night was for Goldberg, even the Lesnar/Rollins beatdown and Rollins promo afterwards got a subdued reaction.

We have new Women's tag team champions in Alexa Bliss and Nikki Cross after a good but a bit patchy fatal four way elimination match, The Iconics were good with the belts and they're reaction to getting eliminated first was Gold! :lol:

Also someone is trying to kill Roman Reigns!!

So much gold :lol:
Peyton is funny but Billie is an international treasure.
It wasn't shown on TV(warning: annoying screeching sounds):

Beats a 2 minute chinlock during a commercial break in my book. Sadly most of their best work as champions happened in these sort of off-air segments.

Those still in contention to win their respective blocks in the 2019 G1

EVIL is out of contention, having lost to Okada.
Winner of Kazuchika Okada/Kota Ibushi on the 10th wins Block A, Okada would advance in the event of a draw.

UPDATE:

Finals will be (winner of Ibushi/Okada) v.s (Hirooki Goto/Jay White/Tetsuya Naito/Jon Moxley, all of whom are tied in points at 10).

Preferred final at the moment is Ibushi/Naito.

Moxley advances with:
  • Win over Juice Robinson, Goto loss/draw, tiebreaker over Naito
Goto advances with:
  • Win over Shingo Takagi, Naito loss/draw, tiebreaker over White and Moxley
Naito advances with:
  • Win over Jay White, Moxley loss/draw, tiebreaker over Goto.
White advances with:
  • Win over Tetsuya Naito, Goto loss/draw, tiebreaker over Moxley.

Last edited:
Here is the card for NXT Takeover Toronto tonight.

Grudge Match
Candice La Rae v Io Shirai

NXT Tag Team Championship
Street Profits (c) v Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly

NXT North American Championship-Triple Threat Match
Velveteen Dream (c) v Pete Dunne v Roderick Strong

NXT Women's Championship
Shayna Baszler (c) v Mia Yim

NXT Championship-2 out of 3 falls with Special Stipulations
Adam Cole (c) v Jonny Gargano

The special stipulation thing for the main event is both Cole and Gargano have picked a stipulation for each fall, Cole picked a street fight and Gargano picked a regular Wrestling match for his fall, if its tied at a fall a piece then GM Regal will pick the stipulation for the deciding fall.

Apologies for posting this a bit later, I have only just come home from work.

GM Regal will pick the stipulation for the deciding fall.

It's a cage with all kinds of toys attached to it. :dopey:

Also, Street Profits retained so we won't be seeing The Unidsputed Era with all the belts.

Another great show, the tag team opener was great, Candice v Io was superb and I was very impressed with both, the triple threat match was fantastic and match of the year contender, Baszler v Yim was meh and the crowd was dead for that match, Cole v Gargano III was incredible with both guys putting a real shift in, the match lasted almost an hour.

Baszler v Yim

I really don't get why Yim was in this match and I don't think this babyface character fits her. It seems like they're trying to make her into a female Mustafa Ali and she just doesn't fit that mold, especially when they don't change her appearance or nickname.

Shayna on the other hand has really impressed me lately, hopefully WWE gives her a decent non-Ronda related push on the main roster as I think she would be a great heel.

Edit: Seems that was Johnny's NXT send off.

Last edited:
I didn't hate Baszler vs Yim but then I tend to like the old school slower style matches. I liked the scrappy, desperate approach she took and I didn't have a hard time believing she was doing damage with an outside chance at winning(not a fan of those arm-trapped-in-the-stairs-spots in general though). Not surprised the crowd was dead, coming down from the amazing first three matches and it's tough to please people with a [great] champion people are sick of and a challenger nobody cares about.

Mia did feel like a challenger out of the blue, but I thought she did a good enough job of looking threatening enough during the build. She honestly came off better to me before tonight than Candice did in her unexpected role(but Candice was fantastic tonight in her match). It was just weird to have her suddenly mean something. Supposedly it was planned to be Bianca again if Kairi had stayed(Thanks, Vince) but I'm not sure she needed another shot so soon especially if she was going to lose anyway.

Overall I thought it was another typically fantastic Takeover show, and will likely outshine the main show yet again. I really enjoyed Io/Candice and Dunne/Dream/Roddy.

EVIL is out of contention, having lost to Okada.
Winner of Kazuchika Okada/Kota Ibushi on the 10th wins Block A, Okada would advance in the event of a draw.

UPDATE:

Finals will be (winner of Ibushi/Okada) v.s (Hirooki Goto/Jay White/Tetsuya Naito/Jon Moxley, all of whom are tied in points at 10).

Preferred final at the moment is Ibushi/Naito.

Moxley advances with:
  • Win over Juice Robinson, Goto loss/draw, tiebreaker over Naito
Goto advances with:
  • Win over Shingo Takagi, Naito loss/draw, tiebreaker over White and Moxley
Naito advances with:
  • Win over Jay White, Moxley loss/draw, tiebreaker over Goto.
White advances with:
  • Win over Tetsuya Naito, Goto loss/draw, tiebreaker over Moxley.

Ibushi/White are your 2019 G1 Climax finals. :(
Picking Ibushi to win.

Here is the Summerslam card for tonight.

Kick-Off Show

Cruiserweight Championship

Drew Gulak (c) v Oney Lorcan

----------------------------------------------

Finn Balor v 'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt

United States Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Ricochet

Goldberg v Dolph Ziggler

Trish Stratus v Charlotte Flair

Kevin Owens v Shane McMahon
(if Kevin loses he quits)

Smackdown Women's Championship
Bayley (c) v Ember Moon

WWE Championship
Kofi Kingston (c) v Randy Orton

Raw Women's Championship
Becky Lynch (c) v Natalya

Universal Championship
Brock Lesnar (c) v Seth Rollins

Quite an underwhelming looking card to me, some matches that look good but nothing really stand out, not many titles on the line either which is surprising for one of the biggest events of the year, no tag title matches or the Intercontinental title on the card.

Still looking forward to it though.

Just been reading a few bits about tonight and what might be happening.

Drew McIntyre v Cedric Alexander plus Ali v Nakamura might be on the pre-show as well as the cruiserweight title match.

there is a planned segment involving Reigns, Bryan and Rowan, they have been rehearsing it.

Matt Riddle may make an appearance to do with Goldberg after his recent tweets and videos about him.

Natalya is having a WWE 24 documentary on her made this weekend.

The WWE title match is scheduled to be the main event, that would be a nice surprise!

They did a better job than I thought they would when it comes to making Ember seem like an actual threat. Hopefully it's a sign they plan on properly actually using her in the near future.

Also, they must realize that most people just want to see The Fiend as I have a feeling that will be the last match before the two big title matches.

Edit: The Fiend is great so far, so mess this up WWE!

Last edited:
What's up with WWE programming their PPVs in the same night as an award?? xD

Well, the red belt is back on air lol

Last edited:
Really good solid show, The only bad thing about it really was the WWE title match going ot a double count-out which was a load of crap, apart from that everything was fine, Dolph sold the spears from Goldberg like a king, Ricochet looked cool in his Nightwing attire, Bray Wyatt's entrance and his whole new persona was incredible (That Bray lantern!)

The main event was the match of the night for me, brilliant performances from both Rollins and Lesnar, lets hope Seth's second reign with the title is far better than his first.

Hmmm the implications are a bit worrying cinsidering the injury that retired Shibata but still like him murderizing people.

Also, Ibushi win the 2019 G1 Climax, earning a shot at the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at Wrestle Kingdom 14, which will run two days on January 4th and 5th. Only confirmation so far is the retirement match of Jushin Liger.

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekends action, I thought Takeover was far better the Summerslam but I don't think that matters really as long as you liked both shows.

The first episode of Smackdown on Fox has been announced, it will be on October 4th and its a 20th anniversary special, so expect the legends and Hall Of Famers to make a return much like the Raw Reunion show, tickets on sale this weekend.

Matt Riddle was on the watch-a-long last night and he said he had a backstage altercation with Goldberg.

Back