DR glitch? I just gained 10,000DR points in one race.

• Thread starter thevo
  • 15 comments
United States
United States
So the weirdest thing just happened to me. I was having a terrible race on today's Monza B race and got about 3 down SRs and 5+ sec in penalties. After the race I was shocked to see that I went from S/S to A/B. I went to check my scores for the points I lost on Kudos and was even more shocked to see that my DR shot up from 62,000 to 71,000. My SR went to around 55 from 92. I have no idea how this happened. So I have 71K DR points but im an A? I won two C races afterward with no down SR's and was back to S/S and my DR points stayed the same.

http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1547935

h4o59c

Attachments

• DR.png
    DR.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 76
Saw that lol! You told me you were down to A/B but I looked and saw you got to 71000+

Seems weird and I’ve never seen this before on GTPlanet.

That’s weird... I dropped to S/B today (60/99) so I guess if I had dropped one more SR point in that race, my DR would have gone up to 70000? Very strange...

It's usually linked with an SR drop. Check out my current stats: http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1150308

I stopped playing Sport Mode on the previous update as I lost half my SR in one race. That's a rant for another thread, but it dropped my SR down below a value that limits the max DR. If you do this then the system defaults you to the top score for that SR level - as has happened with mine - my DR went from ~32,500 up to 50,000 in one race - yet my DR rating went down from A to B.

I haven't raced since, mainly due to the update but also due to time.

Yes, well, we've seen quite a few 'reset' glitches at lower levels. Milouse first spotted it in stats and we discussed it here. Pretty rare to find one at that level, but yours fits with our guess that falling below 60 SR with your DR above 50000 will reset DR to 70000 and 'A'.
That was exactly my experience. Had to start another account to get to DRS authentically. Quite annoying actually.

I'm pretty sure this bug has promoted this guy:

That certainly looks like an uncharacteristic jump in DR! No clear sign of the SR dropping below 35, but clearly did a few more races before the end of the day. Earlier history shows multiple resets to 7000 and 20000 as well.

These are the 'resets' we know about. Note that it happens as SR falls past these levels, not while SR is below the level. We're sure about the 5 and 15 SR values, not so certain about the 35 and 60 (but they follow a pattern of being 5 less than the top of SR E, D, C, B).

SR <SRpts -> DRpts DR
E <05 -> 07000 D
D <15 -> 20000 C
C <35 -> 50000 B
B <60 -> 70000 A

For the 7000 reset, DR must be above 7000. For the rest, it appears that DR must be above the previous check's reset value, e.g. above 20000 for the reset to 50000. The bug seems to be that it should check that DR is higher than the reset value, e.g. DR is >50000 before resetting it to 50000.

Also, apart from the 7000 one, they do not occur consistently at all. Either that's a further bug (most likely) or there is some other factor that is checked before a reset is applied.

----

edit: Update 1.15 changed the reset DR levels, still looking into it but so far it's looking like:

SR <SRpts -> DRpts DR
E <05 -> 03000 D (link) (link2)
D <15 -> 07000 C (link)
C <35 -> 15000 B (link) (link2)
B <60 -> 40000 A (link) (link2)
A <75 -> 60000 S ??? (total guess, but now there is room for a reset at this level) (maybe not)

Since these have changed there is a fair chance PD have stopped the resets boosting DR upwards. No evidence either way yet.

tag: drdoc

Last edited:
Thanks @Outspacer, while I can read all that, I can't comprehend it. That guy was very good at playing the penalty system to his benefit, so I wouldn't put this past him... Is it possible to successfully pull off this bug at will?

There are clearly people exploiting this reset, getting into top lobbies/superstars races. This is from one guy I've seen come up now regularly in my races who's way off the pace and divebombs people. I can understand how you can occasionally trigger it, but there's a rough pattern here.
Screenshot_20180315-140742~2.png

Thanks @Outspacer, while I can read all that, I can't comprehend it. That guy was very good at playing the penalty system to his benefit, so I wouldn't put this past him... Is it possible to successfully pull off this bug at will?

Yes and no. While you can certainly tank your SR deliberately, the reset may well not trigger! Also, if SR falls further, you might trigger one that actually drops your DR.

(I don't know how to explain it more clearly, without it becoming a wall of text that would confuse as much as help!)

There are clearly people exploiting this reset, getting into top lobbies/superstars races. This is from one guy I've seen come up now regularly in my races who's way off the pace and divebombs people. I can understand how you can occasionally trigger it, but there's a rough pattern here.

Probably some are, but most just play dirty and end up with effectively a random DR. That example shows he's just managed to tank his DR to 20000... oops! They end up in a cycle of getting reset up and then down. In the down part they are faster than those they get matched with, so get a win and it's clean, SR rises, ready for the next fall which resets DR upwards, and so on. They may even believe they've earned the high DR :rolleyes:

It would be very risky to do this intentionally as you would need to drop to the correct SR number. Any further and you will hit the next reset bracket. Case in point: on the same day, myself and a colleague both had some bad races, I went down to SR 3 meaning I got reset from 18700 (B) to 7000 (D) DR. However, he went to SR 5 meaning that he went UP from 15500 (B) to 20000 (higher B) DR. Fine margins, eh...

That certainly looks like an uncharacteristic jump in DR! No clear sign of the SR dropping below 35, but clearly did a few more races before the end of the day. Earlier history shows multiple resets to 7000 and 20000 as well.

These are the 'resets' we know about. Note that it happens as SR falls past these levels, not while SR is below the level. We're sure about the 5 and 15 SR values, not so certain about the 35 and 60 (but they follow a pattern of being 5 less than the top of SR E, D, C, B).

SR <SRpts -> DRpts DR
E <05 -> 07000 D
D <15 -> 20000 C
C <35 -> 50000 B
B <60 -> 70000 A

For the 7000 reset, DR must be above 7000. For the rest, it appears that DR must be above the previous check's reset value, e.g. above 20000 for the reset to 50000. The bug seems to be that it should check that DR is higher than the reset value, e.g. DR is >50000 before resetting it to 50000.

Also, apart from the 7000 one, they do not occur consistently at all. Either that's a further bug (most likely) or there is some other factor that is checked before a reset is applied.

tag: drdoc
Not that you're implying it but just for the record, there are clearly players who are gaming their DR, but for others, me included, it happened unintentionally and regrettably.

It would be very risky to do this intentionally as you would need to drop to the correct SR number. Any further and you will hit the next reset bracket. Case in point: on the same day, myself and a colleague both had some bad races, I went down to SR 3 meaning I got reset from 18700 (B) to 7000 (D) DR. However, he went to SR 5 meaning that he went UP from 15500 (B) to 20000 (higher B) DR. Fine margins, eh...

Yes, it's risky to gaming withe the system. I was doing well pre-1.13 with the system, farming many wins while maintaining good win% and DR points, but hit the wall post-1.13 at Monza which I lost over 80 SR point and my DR collapsed from over 70000 to 7000 in one single race. A huge slump eh?:nervous:

Some how I managed crawling back to 50000 with some effort and a bit of glitch in 2 days, and now back at 70000. I might have been more familiar with the 1.14 algorithm now. Players evolve with the system. :lol:

edit: The margin for the 50000~70000 bracket is more forgiving. the two reset point are big enough to play with.( 60 -> 30, a full 30 SR point can be manipulated.) That says: If you want to play, play it big.

Attachments

• dr_slump.PNG
    dr_slump.PNG
    7.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back