"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
I might take a spin around the course in the Gr 1's but wheel to wheel action is unlikely...never competed in them before and I think I'll spare everyone the pain of me learning while racing.😁

Monza has been a blast thus far. The Jag is fast enough to keep up with the train of F1's on the straight and it does EVERYTHING else better than the F1. Better brakes, better handling, better punch out of the corners. Problem is losing the bubble...if you can avoid that, it's all good. Been able to manage a couple podiums during peak hours with it so it's packin' the goods to get it done. Still have to take the 'Vette for a spin, too. :cheers:

Spending my time between Monza and Suzuka from the back.

If you can clear the first lap without incident in Monza the racing is good. Otherwise 4 laps is too short for a climback.

As expected, Suzuka is a hit or miss. It's a tricky track where everything can go wrong in pretty much every corner. Had my fair share of mistakes. Some good races and 2 new dirty drivers on my list.

One of them, I had to deal with 3 races in a row. The last races he was first and me 2nd. He kept slowing more than needed in corners so 3rd could come back. That what happened and 3rd jump in and T-boned me like a champion. The dirty pos didn't even win.

So 1/3 of racing is my own mistake
1/3 dirty encounter
1/3 good racing

Let's focus on the good ones.

Lost 3 800 DR just yesterday

1838960e7d033-ba13710C0F166C6A5AC.5DBAD7704AFAAB1D_message_426101002701644_1664457041803.jpg

1838960d5ff76-ba13710c0f166c6a5ac-5dbad7704afaab1d_message_426101000442507_1664457032978-jpg.1196240
1838960f8ae77-ba13710C0F166C6A5AC.5DBAD7704AFAAB1D_message_426101004659831_1664457049452.jpg

Attachments

• 1838960d5ff76-ba13710C0F166C6A5AC.5DBAD7704AFAAB1D_message_426101000442507_1664457032978.jpg
    1838960d5ff76-ba13710C0F166C6A5AC.5DBAD7704AFAAB1D_message_426101000442507_1664457032978.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
If you can clear the first lap without incident in Monza the racing is good. Otherwise 4 laps is too short for a climback.
This is totally on-point...if you can survive the first run through T2/3 in P5 or better the racing is pretty amazing. Was able to break free and put 1.5 secs on the trailing F1's only to get overly excited and beach it at T5 right before Serraglio. Still held on for third but was really hoping to bring that win home. I'll get there...

Running three wide down Curva del Serraglio (straight before final chicane) cast additional light on one of my HUGE challenges w/the controller. Making tiny adjustments with race-nerved hands when there's a whopping 1.5 inches of left/right throw on a stick is damn near impossible. This was glaringly obvious on the 'Ring, too. I know many people are quite clean on a controller, I'm just not one of them. In tight situations where it really matters it almost always goes south and I look like I'm assaulting people. I need (want) a wheel... :cheers:

@mellofello9 nice and commanding win you got today, 4sec clear of 2nd place.

After I jump in Race C with only 4 peoples, I decided it's gonna be a Monza day. Manage to bring 3 podiums from the back this afternoon.
Thank you!! I've been havin' some good runs at Monza, gonna enjoy that while it lasts.😁

Hoping it's a good month as the racing has been really clean up front. Was able to break into the :37's for my q-time so I'm stoked. Full grids are nice, too.

Great seeing you out there, @Mc_Yavel, and look forward to some more racing this month! :cheers:

I threw away a win from the back yesterday evening at Suzuka. This track is unforgiving!

Not a big crowd, started 9th, after pitstop I was already in 1st and pulling away. Did my fastest lap of the week in 1.42.8. Usually if I get low 43 I'm happy. So by lap 9 I had 7 sec gap and told myself to ease up and bring it home. Big mistake! When you're on it, stay on it cause you'll lose concentration. I ended up in the sand at Degner 1. 3 cars bumper to bumper pass me as I rejoin the track. Manage to finish 2nd after guys in front fight a bit too hard apparently.

So do the races switch switch tomorrow or Wednesday? Kudos prime says the races change in about 3 days but I thought they usually change in about 8 hours. Either way I will at least set a qualifying lap for Race A.

Edit- according to the official website the races have switched but I keep getting a server error so maybe that's effecting Kudos prime from updating. https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/sportmode/event/dailyRace/2022-10-03/4820833/0

Last edited:
@MOPARbarrett5 this is the Daily discussion for GTSport. I'm assuming you're looking for the GT7 board as the races here won't change for another month. Currently it's (A) one-make challenge or something at Tokyo, (B) Gr 3's @ Monza (no chicane) and (C) Gr 1's @ Suzuka. The water is quite fine so feel free to jump in. 😁

Still haven't messed with race 'A' or 'C' because the grids have been full and a total blast in 'B'. It's a track I can survive, most of the time, which is a bonus. Have had a couple absolute train-wreck outings (sorry if I banged-up anyone's day) but I've been getting really consistent with this one. I don't consider it a difficult/technical track to drive but it is tough to get it done fast...the beaches here are car magnets, too. Get half a tire in the grit and it's like a black-hole opened right beside your car and sucks you off the track.

Great racing going on and hope to see y'all out there!:cheers:

EDIT: LOL, didn't see your edit. So, the races for GTSport have been running monthly. They just switched to this set last week so we'll have them until 10/28-ish.

Last edited:
People are cheating by wall riding in race A. It probably gains more tenths of a second than I'm thousandths of a second slower than the actual leader.

Of course there is no way to directly report cheaters though so I doubt anything will happen.

Edit- not long after I get ahead of who was first, that player proceeds to cheat as well.

Last edited:
People are cheating by wall riding in race A. It probably gains more tenths of a second than I'm thousandths of a second slower than the actual leader.

Of course there is no way to directly report cheaters though so I doubt anything will happen.

Edit- not long after I get ahead of who was first, that player proceeds to cheat as well.

Why is it that at EVERY other freakin' event at Tokyo they apply race-killing penalties for even looking at the wall and yet, here, you can relive your 70's-era TCR dreams with impunity??

I feel your pain, bothers the hell outta me, too. Hugely disappointing when you watch the replay of the top time(s) and every turn is a pyrotechnics show. Happens at Blue Moon Bay, too. Frustrating but, yeah, nothing to really stop it. I'm sure they could but I've found complaints about deprecated platforms typically fall on deaf ears, sadly.

IMO, If that's your thing, rock-on, I'm not cheating to keep up. Much like the dive-bombs, punts and shoves, I try not to burn too much time thinking about it...breaks my concentration. 😁

Kudos is working for me.

Snooze fest at Suzuka. Grid is no more than 13 at best even in peak hour. Yesterday, 4 DR. A with no QT and the front of the grid is 5 DR. B, so kinda reverse grid.

Today I jumped in Monza and it's full grid. I have a dummy QT (cross the line in practice) so I start just before the other no qualifier.

@Chris30 just got a nice podium in 3rd and I came 4th. Well done and nice to see you on track.
Thanks, I saw you too, Wow it's rara that I see you and mellofello in a race because normally they randomly choose the players with the same skill level to join a daily race. Yes I was thrilled to get 3rd! Monza is really like a boomerang, there's really not a lot of difficult corners, the first is easy since the usual chicane is taken out which helps a lot.

Been some great racing over at Monza!! This track and I get along very, very well. Totally agree with what @Chris30 said in that it's not a hugely difficult track to run, but it feels awesome to stitch together a fast lap there.😁

Finally earned my 91st this weekend...and it was definitely EARNED. Got out in front of a couple F1's and held a second or so until L3. P2 caught/passed me in the main straight and L4 turned into a battle royale. Swapped places a couple times and was only able to best them by .022 secs...took the outside around the last bend and the Jag was able to hold it to the line. Adds just a little 'something' to the milestone when your competition really makes you work for it. Great stuff!

Good luck, happy racin' and hope to see y'all out there!! :cheers:

Anyone know what happened to the lap time data on kudosprime? Been gone for awhile now.
Not sure what's goin' on but, yeah, been banged-up for a bit now. Still tracks All your vitals (DR, SR, wins, etc.) but all time information is gone (leaderboards, k-time, etc.). Noticed the same thing in GTBlade. They had a nice dashboard that showed a bunch of really cool stuff like where you were in the overall boards, who was faster, who was slower and how many people were on. All of that broke a couple rounds ago and not sure why. My guess is the API went ghost due to a change in the background.

Another question! I recall that in GTS your door number in the dailies equated to how the game ranked you relative to the other drivers in the lobby. But since I started racing on GTS again this summer, this doesn’t appear to be the case. I had door #1 in a Monza race last night with 4 A drivers.

Another question! I recall that in GTS your door number in the dailies equated to how the game ranked you relative to the other drivers in the lobby. But since I started racing on GTS again this summer, this doesn’t appear to be the case. I had door #1 in a Monza race last night with 4 A drivers.
From what I've read (and it's still a bit fuzzy) the door number you're assigned is where you should finish. I've also read that the algorithm isn't as effective when you've got a mix of A+ through E rated drivers on the same board. I saw this in action a couple of weeks ago...D-rated driver with a 1:42 qualifier (started last) was stuck with the #1 plate. Either I don't really know how it works -OR- it's really not workin' right. I wouldn't think that to be fair. :cheers:

From what I've read (and it's still a bit fuzzy) the door number you're assigned is where you should finish. I've also read that the algorithm isn't as effective when you've got a mix of A+ through E rated drivers on the same board. I saw this in action a couple of weeks ago...D-rated driver with a 1:42 qualifier (started last) was stuck with the #1 plate. Either I don't really know how it works -OR- it's really not workin' right. I wouldn't think that to be fair. :cheers:
You might be right. Saw a C driver with door #1 today in a lobby full of A and B drivers.

Been impressed with the lobbies at Monza this week. Been full (15-16 players) most times of day, and the racing has been fairly clean.

Either I don't really know how it works
It's this one.

Door number corresponds to your DR rank when sorted reverse alphabetically.

Imagine reading a dictionary backwards, but it's numbers. The first number would be 99,999 and you'd read all the way back through the 9s until you hit 9 itself. The next would be 89,999, and you'd do the same with the 8s... and so on until you reached the last number: one.

That's how the door numbers work.

It's this one.

Door number corresponds to your DR rank when sorted reverse alphabetically.

Imagine reading a dictionary backwards, but it's numbers. The first number would be 99,999 and you'd read all the way back through the 9s until you hit 9 itself. The next would be 89,999, and you'd do the same with the 8s... and so on until you reached the last number: one.

That's how the door numbers work.
Thank you for the insight! Maybe you can help with this one, too...what's the significance? Hypothetically, let's say I'm given door #6. How does that interact with where I actually finish, if at all? I've been in races where I finished better than where I started, but below the door number, and still lost points for the race.

Sorry for dragging you through "The Science of Door Numerology: 051" but I simply do not understand how this points system works. Not losin' sleep over it, but would be nice to figure-out. Your assistance, if on offer, is certainly appreciated. 😁

Maybe you can help with this one, too...what's the significance?
Ultimately, there isn't any. It only really accurately represents your rank if everyone in the lobby has a DR score of the same order of magnitude - so really B, A, and most A+. That's because 9,999 (and 999, and 99, and indeed 9) would be given a lower door number than 10,000.
Hypothetically, let's say I'm given door #6. How does that interact with where I actually finish, if at all? I've been in races where I finished better than where I started, but below the door number, and still lost points for the race.
No bearing. All that matters is where you finish, and what the DR ratings are of everyone in the lobby. You take DR from everyone you beat (more if they have more DR than you) and lose it to everyone who beats you (more if they have less DR than you). Finishing at or about half way down the field will usually result in close to zero DR change.

Where you start and what your door number is are irrelevant.

Last edited:
Ultimately, there isn't any. It only really accurately represents your rank if everyone in the lobby has a DR score of the same order of magnitude - so really B, A, and most A+. That's because 9,999 (and 999, and 99, and indeed 9) would be given a lower door number than 10,000.

No bearing. All that matters is where you finish, and what the DR ratings are of everyone in the lobby. You take DR from everyone you beat (more if they have more DR than you) and lose it to everyone who beats you (more if they have less DR than you). Finishing at or about half way down the field will usually result in close to zero DR change.

Where you start and what your door number is are irrelevant.
Tremendously helpful so Thanks!!

What amazes me is the number of conflicting theories on this topic that people love to argue as fact...aggressively at times.

Have a great Friday and see y'all on the track! :cheers:

After many poor room of racing, I put GTS aside and bought WRC 10 at 75% discount. Now having a blast in tight, twisty and nasty rally stage.

Last couple of Daily C were uneventfull and boring. Not enough people to race, even starting from the back, I ended up in top 3-5 in less than a lap and then was unable to catch the fast front. So 9 laps lapping on my own bored me down.

Race B is a hit or miss. You either survive the first lap and go from there or get killed and do 4 laps 30 sec behind everyone.

Glad to see you guys still rock it.

After many poor room of racing, I put GTS aside and bought WRC 10 at 75% discount. Now having a blast in tight, twisty and nasty rally stage.

Last couple of Daily C were uneventfull and boring. Not enough people to race, even starting from the back, I ended up in top 3-5 in less than a lap and then was unable to catch the fast front. So 9 laps lapping on my own bored me down.

Race B is a hit or miss. You either survive the first lap and go from there or get killed and do 4 laps 30 sec behind everyone.

Glad to see you guys still rock it.
Totally hit-or-miss...hell, some days I'm the reason other people's were a 'miss', I suppose. Sucks when it happens as it's never an intentional thing but still makes you feel like crap when you ruin someone else's race (or should, anyway). I try to warn folks with the <Studnt Drvr> bumper sticker but that hasn't been super effective. 😁

Still haven't dipped my toe in that pool (Race C) and need to correct that. Maybe this weekend I'll feel bold/dumb enough to stumble in. :cheers:

Guess what, I know this may be off topic some but I just received my new gt7 game Tuesday afternoon. The mail carrier brought it at 5:30pm, we had to stay at home all day for it! So glad I ordered it last week on Amazon. There are two discs, one for the data and the other for playing gt7. Why did they include 2? I do have the launch edition.

New races posted on Kudos to start this Sunday - A) Brands Indy, 6 laps, N100, Sports Medium, no tire wear or fuel use. B) Nurb GP, 3 laps, Gr.4, RMs, ditto tire and fuel. C) Bathurst , 9 laps, Gr.3, Racing Softs and Mediums req’d, fuel x 2, tires x7.

So both GTS and GT7 will be at the the GP circuit in Gr.4.

New races posted on Kudos to start this Sunday - A) Brands Indy, 6 laps, N100, Sports Medium, no tire wear or fuel use. B) Nurb GP, 3 laps, Gr.4, RMs, ditto tire and fuel. C) Bathurst , 9 laps, Gr.3, Racing Softs and Mediums req’d, fuel x 2, tires x7.

So both GTS and GT7 will be at the the GP circuit in Gr.4.
Lookin' forward to Bathurst, great track. Gr 4's at the 'Ring should be fun, too. Thanks for posting! :cheers:

Well 💩...I though you meant NEXT week @cyirush, LOL! And of course I'm too lazy to go verify for myself...😁

I will miss Monza, though. Was havin' a blast and gettin' fast! Caught a good breeze down the main straight and ran a 1:37.033 in a race over the weekend, was reachin' for that magical 1:36.xxx. Some extremely respectful drivers runnin', too. Ended-up two-wide through the first chicane a bunch of times, AND survived!! Good times indeed.:cheers:

Now it's on to Bathurst, which is proving to be a HUGE challenge...between you and me, baby needs some calories, way too skinny for my taste. BUT, I love this track nonetheless...hope to see y'all out there!:)

I really liked Monza w/no Chicane. Got into the low 1:38s (never been that close to the top 10 times before), and got my DR up to a high B.

Bathurst, I don’t know. The downhill part to Forest Elbow is lethal! Especially with all the dive bombers in this game.

Bathurst is pure luck most of the times. if u get into a race with clean drivers ( DR B / S ) it makes good fun but most of the times you have at least 1-3 complete idiots driving there believing they can overtake you basically everywhere.

Last edited:
Back