Drag Competition - Final point standings posted!!

• Thread starter kennyblanco
  • 1,018 comments
Since the deadline to begin submissions starts at 5 today and I'm sure most of you have already got your runs in, I think it will be ok to begin sending in your submissions now if you are comfortable with them. The cut-off time will remain the same (8pm Eastern time US) so be sure to have your times in before then. I will formally announce the winners after recieving all submissions. The submissions will be posted publicly so you can keep track of where you stand. If your time doesn't fit in the top 3 don't be discouraged from sending it in because this is the first in a series of on-going events and points are awarded to all who participate. At the end of the series the points will be tallied and there will be more even more prizes to win! For details on the point system and grand prize info check the link in my sig. Good luck to you all!

We gotta pm our time to you? Things look more legit if it was out in a public lobby, you understand right kenny.

Also so you know, after the contest closes all times submitted by PM will be posted on the OP as well (excluding this contest which will have the final times posted by Kenny to the page where he posts - he has difficulty editing posts because of the PS3 browser)

The next contest I will be running the posts and will do my best to keep them up to date with current declared 0-60 times (I will try to update at least 1x a day if I can) and then I will post all times on the OP when the contest closes to disclose all times that have been submitted by each contestant. The top 5 will have to verify and the verification will be posted on the OP as well just so everyone can see the times are indeed legit ;)

My thoughts exactly. I cant leave anyone four hours to try and beat my best time, thats a shot in the foot. LOL

For this reason we may just make submissions via pm the way it is. I can then post all of them at the end of the deadline to give everyone the same handicap of not knowing the next guys time and tuning off of that. It will be more fair to everyone.

So no one posted yet? Is everyone waiting till the end LOL

My thoughts exactly. I cant leave anyone four hours to try and beat my best time, thats a shot in the foot. LOL

I guess it's a strategic move lol. Just be sure to make the deadline lol.

I'm busy working on my "why I couldn't post" excuses for when I see your times and don't want to embarrass myself :D

I'm busy working on my "why I couldn't post" excuses for when I see your times and don't want to embarrass myself :D

Don't do that lol. This is just the first of a series of events that will culminate in a grand prize winner after 12 events. Even if you don't place in the top 3 you will still be awarded a point for participating. The point scale is set up to ensure a close competition. 👍 Check the link in my sig for full details on the point system.

We need all the participation we can get to make this event a success.

Excellent... I can embarrass myself multiple times :lol:

Anyway, I’m only joking, but wait... I think my dog is about to eat my keyboard :lol:

Excellent... I can embarrass myself multiple times :lol:

Anyway, I’m only joking, but wait... I think my dog is about to eat my keyboard :lol:

Chuck Norris says- "submit your times.... or else!"

Mr T. says- "I pity the fool who don't turn in their times"

Stone Cold Steve Austin says- "submit your times. And that's the bottom line!"

Get where I'm going?:lol:

Hold on a minute, that means (in my mind) the only reason I get beaten by everybody is the extra time they had to tune... I should have submitted ages ago :lol:

8c-1.jpg

8c-2.jpg

@fets0r- nice time! far better than my high 10.2's lol 👍 Now you can claim to be the fastest as everyone else will have tuned for the next 3 hours trying to beat your time.:lol:

I just read submission rules agian and noticed that end of tuning period was 3pm. So in that case no one could retune by this time. I will post my run shortly, great time fest0r. 👍

Last edited:
I just read submission rules agian and noticed that end of tuning period was 3pm. So in that case no one could retune by this time. I will post my run shortly, great time festor. 👍

EDIT: Wait, shouldnt the tuning period end at the same time as the submission period begins??

I just read submission rules agian and noticed that end of tuning period was 3pm. So in that case no one could retune by this time. I will post my run shortly, great time festor. 👍

Damn... no excuse for me getting beaten :D By the way, 17:34 GMT is 12:34 EST ;)

@ Kenny, It was Chuck telling me to submit or else that forced my hand :D

In the spirit of fairness yes I would like it to be that way as that was my intentions. We'll most likely go with submissions via pm for the next one. I'll just post everyone's submissions at the deadline next time to avoid this. That way everyone will be at the same disadvantage. 👍

In the spirit of fairness yes I would like it to be that way as that was my intentions. We'll most likely go with submissions via pm for the next one. I'll just post everyone's submissions at the deadline next time to avoid this. That way everyone will be at the same disadvantage. 👍

Ok, so does the tuning period end at 5pm East?? That makes sense right??

PTK
EDIT: Wait, shouldnt the tuning period end at the same time as the submission period begins??

It does. Or at least it is supposed to lol. This is my 1st time hosting an event so there will be some kinks to iron out. Please bear with me as I learn the most effective way to do things. Look at it this way, there are more prizes to win and only each persons top 8 scores count toards their total score. And there are 11 more events!

It does. Or at least it is supposed to lol. This is my 1st time hosting an event so there will be some kinks to iron out. Please bear with me as I learn the most effective way to do things. Look at it this way, there are more prizes to win and only each persons top 8 scores count toards their total score. And there are 11 more events!

Ok so in other words times posted after 5pm in the submitted picture will not be accepted.

Back