Drive Hub worth it

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by nockel, Mar 15, 2018.

1. nockel

nockel

Hi,

I'm playing gts now for some hours It's my first racing sim on PS4. I'm owning a G27 with csr elite pedals

Now I want to know is it worth spending 100 bucks for drive hub ?
    I don't know

2. polizei

polizei

There's a lengthy review in the hardware section of the forums. Seems like a great product.

3. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

super_gt likes this.
  4. BSDShoes

BSDShoes

I use Drivehub with my TMX, works very well and PS4 recognizes it as a T150 458 Italia. Full FFB and whatnot.

Mirror_man and super_gt like this.
  5. PLobo

PLobo

Same here. Drivehub + DFGT. It just works perfecty. And shows how disrespectful is the behavior of Logitech to its clients. The wheels aren’t compatible just because they don’t want to.

6. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

That's just as much Sony's fault if not mostly.

7. Hoof Arted

Hoof Arted

I've had my Drive Hub since the beginning of November and I think it's great. Easy to set up, and the wheel works as expected. My alternative was to buy another wheel, but that wasn't an option especially when my G27 works perfectly fine. There was a problem early on regarding +/- buttons not working properly when using the multifunction display, but that was quickly fixed with a firmware update (make sure it's up to date). I had a couple of wheel disconnects, but that was down to a loose USB cable connection. Well worth it in my opinion.

8. GBO Possum

GBO Possum Premium

I've used Drive Hub on my G27 with GTS since day one. It's great.

Make sure you update the firmware to the latest level. And make sure you turn your DS4 OFF before plugging it into the Drive Hub.

9. Meggle

Meggle

+1
    Check thread above. Particular check where you buy from as your location makes difference in delivery time.
    Edit: as above ds4 must be off. I got caught initially, too excited.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  10. nockel

nockel

Thank you for replying I'm from Germany so where I should buy?

11. raghza

raghza

You can order from Collective Minds website. It will ship from the UK and you can use GTPLANET10 discount code to get 9€ off (this will cover the shipping costs and give an additional 1€ discount).
    https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

I live in Estonia and I got the parcel in just 5 working days IIRC.

Mirror_man and super_gt like this.
  12. Gadge

Gadge

If you don’t want to fork out 100 bucks for the drive hub, there is the Cronus max pro which does the same thing and it cheaper as well and amazon.

ChauncyMarsh and GTP_Remo like this.
  13. Espial

Espial

This.

I've got mine set up with my trusty Fanatec GT3RS Wheel and Clubsport pedals. Works like a charm. The configuration took a little while but there are more than enough good FAQs and troubleshooting tips and videos, so no problem there. I had to do a firmware update as well but that's been a long time coming anyway ;)

Mirror_man likes this.
  14. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

This is what I use. Buts it's nearly the same cost once you figure in a USB hub that it also needs.

I went with the Cronusmax for it's other capabilities besides being a wheel adapter.

15. raghza

raghza

What I like about the Drive Hub is the capability of mixing up different wheels and pedals, shifters etc.
    As long as you can connect it via USB, all Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec components are interchangeable, so you can create your own perfect setup!

16. nockel

nockel

But I can't use G27 with csr pedals with cronusmax or ?

Another question Can I use controller for menu or just wheel

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2018
  17. ChauncyMarsh

ChauncyMarsh

I use Cronus Max with Driving Force GT wheel. All the buttons and pedals work. You can turn on another ds4 at the same time if you want (one has to be plugged into the Cronus).

edit: If your csr pedals and wheel have to be plugged in separately (2 usb) then Cronus might not work, but I'm not sure. They have an extensive help section on their website. http://cronusmax.com/

Another cool thing about Cronus is that it can be used to map key macros and use any controller on any system.

GTP_Remo likes this.
  18. nockel

nockel

So I need two controllers ?

19. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

Only one controller when using a Drivehub. It also has to be off when used/connected, so the driving wheel then becomes the only controller connected to the PS4.

GBO Possum and nockel like this.
  20. nockel

nockel

Thx. But the controller is connected to drive hub for authentication right ?

21. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

Correct.

22. nockel

nockel

By the way which cam you are using with wheel?

With controller I'm using bumper cam.
    On PC I'm only in cockpit view

23. ChauncyMarsh

ChauncyMarsh

What I meant was, with Cronus you only NEED one controller (for authentication) but you can turn on a second controller and use it at the same time as the wheel if you wanted.

I only use bumper cam. I like looking at the cockpit of the cars but I don't like the field of view in most of them.

GTP_Remo likes this.
  24. GTP_TO Blue

GTP_TO Blue Premium

I always use bumper cam. I don't get along with any other view :)

25. Arcflyer

Arcflyer

I've got a drivehub connected to my G25 - works a treat. No problems at all and have been using it since gts came out. Easy to use and a great saving from having to buy a new wheel.

26. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

I can confirm this. You need one DS4 for authentication (always plugged in as directed in instructions, never even turned on or paired with pS4) to use the CronusMax for your wheel.

You can however turn on and use a different DS4 while your wheel is also active. I do this while applying decals to cars. Traversing replays, photo shoots..... Ect

GBO Possum likes this.
  27. nockel

nockel

OK thx but while racing you are using buttons of wheel for pit stop looking back etc?

28. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

Yes, on my G27 I do as they can be "programmed" to do what I want through the GTS G29 settings menu.

29. nockel

nockel

Do I need the shifter?

30. GTP_Remo

GTP_Remo Premium

For the G25/G27 that is where the directional pad is, and other button are so yes.

GBO Possum likes this.