Drive Hub worth it

• Thread starter nockel
  • 83 comments
Sorry to bump this, will I be able to use my old G25 with pedals and shifter with the drive hub?

On the Collective Minds website they make it look like the g25 shifter is not supported and the pedals will need a thrustmaster adapter?

I'm pretty sure no games would be played without them so I'm guessing they are not supported if you use those separately along with a different wheel but I want to be 100% sure before I buy one.

My G25 worked flawlessly with the Drive Hub, including the pedals & shifter whether it was in h pattern or sequential mode, both worked fine. You only need an adapter if you want to use different pedals sets like Thrustmaster or Fanatec with a G25 wheel.

This is probably a dumb question but, is the sole purpose of a drive hub to allow you to use older equipment on the PS4, or is there other benefits to it?

Thanks people. I'm looking at the Cronusmax pro 2019 as it give more scope for other games as well. Hopefully it works the same as the Cronusmax Drivehub

Just adding my drivehub use to the list. I put the drivehub into "Fanatec" mode and everything works perfectly, with FF strong enough that I have to lower it (and lower it even more, when using the F1 wheel), as well as the clutch even working:

Fanatec V2.5 Wheelbase (connected to drivehub)
Fanatec Universal Wheel hub (connected to wheelbase)
Fanatec CSP F1 V2 wheel (connected to wheelbase)
Fanatec CSP v1.5 Shifter (connected to wheelbase)
Fanatec CSP v1.5 Handbrake (connected to wheelbase)
Fanatec V3 Pedals (connected to wheelbase)

Unfortunately for me the cronus max does not support the Fanatec CSL Elite wheel... Looks like I will have to use my unsold TM 458 italia setup with the F1 Rep wheel on PS4

Does the CronusMax Plus have 'fanalogic' mode? I can't find any answers to if it does or not.

i use a full Fanatec setup for the XBOX with my Drive Hub. It’s a Fanatec CSW V2 with 1.5 sq shifter, handbrake, and V3 Pedals. I do have problems getting the clutch pedal working with GT Sport. They say you’re supposed to hold the clutch pedal in before the race starts. The handbrake also doesn’t work with GT Sport. I think the Drive Hub was a great idea. It saved me over $500 by not having to get another wheelbase for the PS4.

Just whilst i wait for them to turn up any idea how the drivehub would perform with the new tm t-lcm brake pedals? Across rj12 and usb?

Currently using a ts-xw base on pc. Use drivehub for gt sport on ps4 mainly!

Just whilst i wait for them to turn up any idea how the drivehub would perform with the new tm t-lcm brake pedals? Across rj12 and usb?

Currently using a ts-xw base on pc. Use drivehub for gt sport on ps4 mainly!

Did it work? I'm thinking about getting drivehub to using my T-LCM pedals with my Logitec G29, in GTS

I picked up a Xbox T80 for my son last night, but when when we hooked it up to his PS5 with the DriveHub we got nothing/no response from the wheel. Is there a way to make it work on the PS5 for GTS? 🤔

I picked up a Xbox T80 for my son last night, but when when we hooked it up to his PS5 with the DriveHub we got nothing/no response from the wheel. Is there a way to make it work on the PS5 for GTS? 🤔
To use my Fanatec CSW V2 to play GTS on PS5, I got this controller and connected it to the DriveHub. It works perfectly.

I don’t know anything about the T80 but this is definitely worth a try.

Last edited:
Are you using a PS4 compatible controller? Drivehub (as far as I'm aware) cannot use a PS5 controller yet, so a PS4 controller needs to be used to connect to a PS5, since it allows the use of PS4 peripherals.

However, there is an additional spanner hovering dangerously close to the works. The standard PS4 controller will only work for about 10 minutes, before powering off and dropping the PS5's connection to the wheel. It seems the PS5 connects to the PS4 controller via bluetooth, even when it's wired up, and it times out. Therefore, you'll need to source a third party wired PS4 controller to use with the drivehub on PS5, such as a Hori wired mini gamepad (which I suspect is what C_Raccoon23 was linking to, thought I could only see an empty space in that post).

Of course in an ideal world, we wouldn't have to jump through all these silly hoops and Sony/MS would just allow us to use the controllers. I mean do they want us to play their games or not?

Are you using a PS4 compatible controller? Drivehub (as far as I'm aware) cannot use a PS5 controller yet, so a PS4 controller needs to be used to connect to a PS5, since it allows the use of PS4 peripherals.

However, there is an additional spanner hovering dangerously close to the works. The standard PS4 controller will only work for about 10 minutes, before powering off and dropping the PS5's connection to the wheel. It seems the PS5 connects to the PS4 controller via bluetooth, even when it's wired up, and it times out. Therefore, you'll need to source a third party wired PS4 controller to use with the drivehub on PS5, such as a Hori wired mini gamepad (which I suspect is what C_Raccoon23 was linking to, thought I could only see an empty space in that post).

Of course in an ideal world, we wouldn't have to jump through all these silly hoops and Sony/MS would just allow us to use the controllers. I mean do they want us to play their games or not?
I was trying to use a DS5, yes. I didn’t o ow I could use a PS4 controller for the PS5, I’ll try that when I get home, TYVM for the info. I was about to stop on the way home and get him a T150 just to save the hassle, but I’ll try this first. Thanks again!! 🍻

In an ideal world we wouldn't have cheats plugging their cheat devices into the ports either that these chips help combat.

It would however be really, really good if Sony and Microsoft could use a common to both platforms chip though... but we know that won't happen :(

...Hori wired mini gamepad (which I suspect is what C_Raccoon23 was linking to, thought I could only see an empty space in that post).
Yep, I posted an Amazon link to that exact controller. 👍

Last edited:
Sorry just jumping into this late. Do we know if any other third-party wired ps4 controllers work? My local EB Games has a pre-owned wired (PLAY brand) ps4 controller.
I couldn't say for sure. If they already work wih the PS4, that means they should have whatever security guff is required. My feeling is it's likely going to work.

Back