DriveClub Friend Requests, Clubs and Social Thread

• Thread starter dhandeh
  • 359 comments
Looking for another club, the one I'm in is semi-dead and I've never actually raced with/spoken to to anyone in it. I feel like the game is much less exciting that way. My PSN is jetsetsonic.

Looking for another club, the one I'm in is semi-dead and I've never actually raced with/spoken to to anyone in it. I feel like the game is much less exciting that way. My PSN is jetsetsonic.

Join Racer XR Xtreme. We are only 2 so far, We are both very active.

Hi guys. Just got my Ps4 and Driveclub. Would like to join a club. If anyone has room for me, please let me know. Psn is free_styler786

Once you get used to the tracks, you'll be flying it.
Yep, seems to be working out now although I'm not very good at driving using normal controller. It is first event I'm doing apart from the first race you start game with as I just got the game, feel like I might have pace to get pole now.

Edit:

Managed to move club up a spot in one of the challenges that end soon although costly mistake in second sector made me miss pole position. Just over 2 tenths off, better than over 10 seconds when I first tried it :lol:. Anyone in club using steering wheel?

DRIVECLUB.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could use my G27 but no dice so unfortunately it's controller time, I haven't played a racing game with a controller since GT4 maybe and I am soo rusty... the lap above I messed up the last turn on the bridge otherwise I'd have been in the high 1.16.xx ahhh, that time trial challenge was fun, great job getting 1.16.2

BTW when I am on the dashboard it says we have 6 challenges ongoing in the club, but when I select it it only shows 3, anybody else has the same issue?

I wish I could use my G27 but no dice so unfortunately it's controller time, I haven't played a racing game with a controller since GT4 maybe and I am soo rusty... the lap above I messed up the last turn on the bridge otherwise I'd have been in the high 1.16.xx ahhh, that time trial challenge was fun, great job getting 1.16.2

BTW when I am on the dashboard it says we have 6 challenges ongoing in the club, but when I select it it only shows 3, anybody else has the same issue?
Yeah I have a similar issue when I have a number of challengers ongoing and then when I go in there is a reduced number.

Same, wish G27 worked so I could have used that yesterday but I do have a T300 wheel that I will be using soon on it. I rarely play with controller so surprised I can be reasonably competitive with it, a credit to how good the controller steering input is given first challenge I took part in and can already drive somewhat competently.

I just hope steering wheel input is also really good as I can imagine being a few seconds faster with one. My fastest lap I did, I think it was the best I've done that corner you mention, it was indeed fun and thanks. Will be uploading later today and posting it in the video thread.

I saw more than 3 challenges last time I checked although I think some had padlocks on them as I probably didn't have car.

The controller is really well implemented for DC - from the ghosts though, I'd say there is a distinct possibility that wheel users can lay better times down due to the smoothness of their lines (at least, that's what I've been telling myself ;))

As for the disparity in number of challenges available and number actually visible, yeah, I said something similar in another post a few days ago, as have a few others. It clearly isn't fully functional yet, though it does appear to be getting better/more stable.

Last edited:
I saw more than 3 challenges last time I checked although I think some had padlocks on them as I probably didn't have car.

yeah, that's the thing, I have the most fun doing hotlap challenges personally but quite a few cars are gated behind your driver level so I am spending most of my time currently levelling up, once I get to the 40s I think I'll mostly be doing challenges... (I do wish there were less drifting challenges, I am horrible at them :) )

I was also surprised at how well it drives with the controller, but it's hard to be as precise with so little movement available, this said I think most people are on controllers right now due to the wheel situation so there is a fairly level playing field.

At this point I am waiting for fanatec to come out with their solution, because if there is a way to use the same base/pedals and just buy different rims if you want to use ps4/pc/... then that would be much better than having completely different wheels...

If anyone is looking for a club to join feel free to join our club "Ferringo". Me and the other guy are pretty good drivers.

Last edited:
The controller is really well implemented for DC - from the ghosts though, I'd say there is a distinct possibility that wheel users can lay better times down due to the smoothness of their lines (at least, that's what I've been telling myself ;))

As for the disparity in number of challenges available and number actually visible, yeah, I said something similar in another post a few days ago, as have a few others. It clearly isn't fully functional yet, though it does appear to be getting better/more stable.
This is what I'm telling myself too ;).

I haven't experienced any of the online problems, maybe due to lucky timing of when getting game and playing it.

Edit: Spoke too soon, experienced issues today. Also tried first event again to compare myself on leaderboards and noticed top 50 is full of glitched times and the way the leaderboard works, only way you can see fastest times is to do a time close to it yourself which is a bit annoying.
yeah, that's the thing, I have the most fun doing hotlap challenges personally but quite a few cars are gated behind your driver level so I am spending most of my time currently levelling up, once I get to the 40s I think I'll mostly be doing challenges... (I do wish there were less drifting challenges, I am horrible at them :) )

I was also surprised at how well it drives with the controller, but it's hard to be as precise with so little movement available, this said I think most people are on controllers right now due to the wheel situation so there is a fairly level playing field.

At this point I am waiting for fanatec to come out with their solution, because if there is a way to use the same base/pedals and just buy different rims if you want to use ps4/pc/... then that would be much better than having completely different wheels...
I have fun doing hotlap challenges too, done two now. I was playing on PS3 and get some blank messages from people and wondering what it was and turning on PS4, it was game alerts of challenges for DRIVECLUB so I did one of them which was fun and first time driving in the rain so good to see how it looks and drives in them conditions. Not being able to see well in a high powered car on track you don't know is a fun experience in this game.

I really hope they keep the controls like this in the game for DS4 controller and not mess it up, even I can go around tracks looking somewhat competent, I can only imagine how good the top standard controller players are :scared:.

The Thrustmaster T300RS can already be compatible with PS4/PS3/PC.

Last edited:
I'm very pleased with the way this game drives with the pad, the handling is grippy but not too simplistic. It's more old school and a refreshing change of pace from most arcade racers today, where you have little to no grip, every car feels like it weighs three tons, and going sideways is the only acceptable way to go round a corner (*ahem* Need For Speed HP/MW). I really appreciate Evos giving players that level of precision, not only because it makes the game so much more involving but also because it allows the courses to be twisty and narrow in places, and the physics engine is more than equipped to handle it. Driveclub is very reminiscent of PGR which is the best praise I can give it, though PGR's gameplay was truly perfect, especially the last two games. Anyway, I've been playing with a pad and I feel pretty fast with it, winning most online races and landing somewhere near the top in most challenges.

Dean-MF
South Africa
GMT +2
Full Version + Season Pass

Feel free to send invites ^.^

I sent you a friend request because searching for players doesn't seem to be working right now. When you've accepted I'll invite you. Cheers.

(You can also request to join "Ferringo")

Last edited:
Hey everyone, my PSN is Dongel, add me if you want to race and share times etc., please mention GTPlanet. Im from the netherlands.

I'm also looking for a decent club. I don't want to brag or anything but it would be nice to race with some (semi)decent guys because I dont totally suck :)

zippy93
US (PDT)
Full retail, no DLC (except free stuff of course)

Club: Wreck Ignition
I just made my club yesterday and was looking for some players who aren't super serious. I'm kinda a nooby :P so this is more a club for people who want the trophies and have some fun, casual games every once in a while.

Back