Driver Number

• Thread starter JacksHerer
  • 48 comments

What made you choose your driver number?

• Total voters
I use 21 because its my day of birth and my lucky number. It's also a multiple of two prime and lucky numbers.

Any combination of my birth date
in North America: 5/6/71, 5, 6(favorite number), 71, 56, 65
My wife's birth day: 31
My son's birth day or year: 25, 94
My daughter's birth day or year: 23, 11

Favorite soccer player from Germany long time ago.
Used it through my playing days.

Anybody know who I am talking about?

#96 because it can still be read upside down (even though rolling over is practically impossible in GTS, unlike Forza) and 69 is just too common.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

61, usually I'd pick 16 but in most cases it's been taken by other people. There isn't really a reason I use it.

Other alternate now that we can do triple digits is 116.

My favorite number is the #9 because i played football as a striker since my childhood and recently the #50 just because Dario Franchitti one of my favorite driver won his last Indy 500 in 2012 with that number to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Target.

29. It's my birthdate, my address growing up, my best friend's address growing up, and my favourite goalie's number growing up.

The exception is any custom liveries. With any of my PS1-era GT livery replicas, I tend to use a number in some way related to the car the livery is inspired by.

#95. And it's a bit cliché on so many levels.

Partly because year of birth, partly because Cars sort of cemented the deal on me using that (I was nowhere near having an actual number at this point in time, mainly because I was nowhere near the age, not to mention the financial situation to be racing in real life, had decided the "standard" sports weren't for me and games didn't really have them yet. And it was, as I said, the "star number" of Cars, so that's kind of cool as well), helped by it also being the year Colin McRae won the World Rally Championship and a McLaren F1 winning Le Mans outright and the more recent connections with Aston Martin (with whom I have a connection going back about as far as #95. I'm fairly certain that very bright green (ugh) DB9 in Most Wanted was the first time I actually put #95 on anything), for good and bad.

It's a complicated match made in heaven, basically.

As per what some of the others are saying, I might forego #95 in certain cases. Mainly replicas.

Last edited:
Favorite soccer player from Germany long time ago.
Used it through my playing days.

Anybody know who I am talking about?
I don't know how old you are but I'd say Guido Buchwald or Olaf Thon.

As for me, I use 79 (year of birth) or 69 (cause I'm that immature). When I feel nostalgic I use 66 (Mario Lemieux).

I use 27 because I was born on the 27th of sept. It's also a little homage to Gilles Villeneuve, one of the best racers of all time. ;)
Mine is also 27 but as homage to Alan Jones who in the early days of Williams carried 27 until he won the championship in 1980

I don't know how old you are but I'd say Guido Buchwald or Olaf Thon.

As for me, I use 79 (year of birth) or 69 (cause I'm that immature). When I feel nostalgic I use 66 (Mario Lemieux).

LOL. Nice.
I am 46.
Franz Beckenbauer

Back