E3 2004 DEMO CAR PICS!! (304 pics BEWARE)

• Thread starter Skunkwerx
  • 220 comments
No there won't be 3 disks, milti layered DVD's can fit much more on them than any game should need.

Yeah, with a dual layer you're looking at over 9GB a disc, even UT2004 and all its videos tutorials etc wasn't that big.

Godamn, I think you killed that sites bandwidth, atleast 200 of those pics were down for me.
Im still mother****ing impressed, this game is gonna r0xz0r my b0xz0rz.

Regarding the F1 cars, at some point I got the impression that GT4 would include real and historic F1 machines.

Does anyone remember if this was ever more than just a rumour?

Personally, I'd rather have a range of historic cars like old Alfa grand prix cars, Nuvolari's Auto Union, racers from the turbo age, than cars from this year's F1 grid.

After all, without Ferrari, you'd just be driving a second-rung racer if you got one of this year's cars :rolleyes:

In any case, I'd prefer it if Polyphony's cars were replaced by the real thing.

While I'm at it, I'm happy to see Polyphony's dream cars in the GT4 line up, but ones like the Integra Type R LM should not get the 'LM' (Le Mans) designation.

They are more in the spirit of street cars modified for endurance racing. Now that Nurburgring is in, can we call them 'N-Ring24H cars'??? Or even 'JGTC Dream Cars'

I guess LM is easier to say...

Originally posted by wdb
While I'm at it, I'm happy to see Polyphony's dream cars in the GT4 line up, but ones like the Integra Type R LM should not get the 'LM' (Le Mans) designation.

They are more in the spirit of street cars modified for endurance racing. Now that Nurburgring is in, can we call them 'N-Ring24H cars'??? Or even 'JGTC Dream Cars'

I guess LM is easier to say...
\

Maybe they just say LM as in LiMited?? as some car brand do....

Originally posted by VIPERGTSR01
you have to remember it is a game made in japan and KY loves japanese cars (including nissan) and when he walks out of the door of his building what does he see, skylines and other popular japanese cars
I've never been to Japan, but the Skyline doesn't seem to me likely to be called 'popular japanese car'. I wouldn't expect to see many of them each time I walk out of the door.
I agree on the fact that the game could be much more 'localized'. That is, the EU version would feature more european cars and the US more american cars. I don't care having the choice between 20 different Miatas or Lancers : 2 or 3 would be enough for a reasonable choice ; but I would appreciate to have some cars like the Volvo V40, V70 T5, the Ford Focus RS, Mondeo ST220, the Peugeot 206 RC, 307 CC, 407, even the 807, the Renault Twingo, Megane 16S, Espace, the Lancia Ypsilon, the Smart...

I was giving an example, I didnt actually mean everytime he walks out his door, but KY is involved in alot of motorsport where he would see alot of Skylines and other domestic performance cars.

I don't think there'll be more than 1 disc. Even if there is, swapping in GT4 would be a lot easier than swapping on the PS1 in GT2, the PS2's ability to mount/unmount/remount media without blinking is pretty impressive.

Originally posted by flat-out
I've never been to Japan, but the Skyline doesn't seem to me likely to be called 'popular japanese car'. I wouldn't expect to see many of them each time I walk out of the door.
I agree on the fact that the game could be much more 'localized'. That is, the EU version would feature more european cars and the US more american cars. I don't care having the choice between 20 different Miatas or Lancers : 2 or 3 would be enough for a reasonable choice ; but I would appreciate to have some cars like the Volvo V40, V70 T5, the Ford Focus RS, Mondeo ST220, the Peugeot 206 RC, 307 CC, 407, even the 807, the Renault Twingo, Megane 16S, Espace, the Lancia Ypsilon, the Smart...

I agree, but I wouldn't want them to be limited to the local versions - I want all cars to be avaiable to all buyers/players - as a European living in the USA, it would be really annoying if the US version had all the European and Japanese local market cars missing.
Also, since GT4 will be on-line, I'm assuming that all versions will be pretty much the same...

Yeah I'd want all cars in every version of the game. Also the Skyline is one of if not the most popular Japanese supercar in Japan, there arn't as manyu Skylines as there are Celica's but that doesn't stop a car being popular. It's liked a lot, kids have [posters of them instead of Ferrari's or Lamborghini's in Japan.

Don't forget, too, that the amount of time it takes to model a car for inclusion in the game is measured in weeks, so adding multiple variations of the same basic car is in the developers' best interest.

No it's not weeks. It was weeks in GT3 but they wen't used to the PS2 tools then and also since GTC PD has had a new tool thats not only a lot faster at modelling, it provides better results and uses less disk space. Now it takes a few days according to KY to model a new car.

I'm glad that that isn't it for the cars. Why? Well frankly, you can't just exclude Ford muscle cars! Where is the Boss 429? Mach 1? the 2005 Mustang GT? And then the Shebly Mustangs aren't there either? Hmmm well 200 sumthing cars still not seen, I better have my Boss 429, and atleast 1 Shelby Mustang! But aside from Fords there are some cars I feel should be there.

My list of cars that should be added in:

Dodge:
2003 Competition Viper SRT-10
1969 Hemi Charger R/T

Ford:
1970 Mustang Boss 429
1969 Mustang Mach 1
2005 Mustang GT
???? GT-90 concept car
2003 SVT Lightning (hey the damn SSR got in!!!)
2003 SVT Mustang Cobra

Plymouth:
1967 Roadrunner with Hemi

Whatever cars they put in, I hope they put in a few matching cars of the same type/era. I hate racing with cars that don't match.

I'd also like the ability to pick a number for your car. Especially when the races contain cars with the same livery.

PD has said that there will be enough cars from each decade and series to fill a grid for special events.

to Ford 429 Hemi:
u've a Hemi obssesion:banghead: all those cars like me, but I preffer a Seat Leon Cupra R, for example. PD preffer other car type. muscle cars are only a type of american car, aren't a very popular car type in the rest of the world.
However, I preffer Plymouth Barracuda:D :D

I realize that they aren't tha tpopular in the rest of the world, but the thing is, this game is coming in America too! So they need to cater to us aswell as the rest of the world! Yes I know there is some muscle, but was it necesary to leave out all of Ford's goodies? Thats like denying half of the American racing history right there! Ford has won Lemans, countles trans am titles, a few Nascar thingies, and they easily have the best racing pedigree of any American car company! Look at the GT-40, Gt-350R, GT-500R, Shelby Cobra (ford engine), and the entire line of trans-am racing Mustangs! Those cars are awesome and have won some big name events, they deserve to be in GT4.

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with the cars available in the final product, particularly as Ford have been supported in this game previously.

It seems kinda strange to me to demand certain cars to be included. It's like winning the lottery and then asking for more money!

Well dur the Shelby Cobra is in! And the GT-40, but the Shelby Mustangs are not, or atleast not seen yet. And the GT-90 should be in. Sory if I put GT-40 accidentally.

Wtf was that? Go the 4 posts in a row.

trEVO's lottery analogy is pretty good. Half the time it seems people are suggesting cars simply because the idea of them being included is ridiculous. We should hold a thread for cars that SHOULDN'T be included in GT4 and let people duke it out.

I'm sure the game won't disappoint, but I have to say the resolution of a lot of cars in those pictures doesn't inspire me. I am assuming since the game has taken so long to develop that the cars will be just as well modelled as in concept, if not better, but i really dont like the look of those pics some of em, particularly the Mclaren F1 i think it was. That looks terrible. But lets face it, the game isnt going to be like that, so I dont know why im saying this really.

Back