EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,778 comments
Nice, i’m about to finish the wrc2 season and get promotore to wrc. I will accept the wrc offer just after the patch thai a get central rally in career mode.

What would be really nice, instead of releasing an unfinished game (the low price of the game doesn't justify anything, in my perspective)... they would focus on the main thing in a racing game... stable frame rates.
I play on Xbox One Series X (and my critique is only aimed to this scenario)... and what a disappointment to see so much stutter and frame rate drops...specially with so low end graphics.
Playing Dirt 2.0 at 4k 60fps (rock solid since the Xbox One X) with beautiful graphics and sounds, and then switching to this?? It's like going 10 years back .
The excuse of the previous engine wouldn't allow longer stages, can't justifiy everything.
Just disappointed. Hopefully the developers can improve all things a little bit...

EA SPORTS™ WRC_20231208222331.png

This is a really annoying issue when using photomode. So many cars simply hover above the tarmac that it can be really difficult to get a good shot. Also the focus option doesn't work correctly. So many times the cars stays out of focus when adding shutterspeed. Such a shame because it ruins to use of photomode alltogether. Takes too much time to get anything decent since the tools provided aren't working as should. Really hope this gets fixed.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a UE4 specific issue but this happens in ACC as well in certain lighting conditions, usually early in the day in-game

From the first tease, user BotaCalor on Discord who has a good ability to find the locations of stages, believes he’s matched the section of road with houses to the Schardinger Innviertel stage (SS9-12). 16km, if it is this stage then we’ll be getting 2 unique stages.
FANZONE 1 - SS 9-12.png

Last edited:
Not sure if it's a UE4 specific issue but this happens in ACC as well in certain lighting conditions, usually early in the day in-game
Dakar the Game doesn't have this issue and it uses UE4 too. Looks a whole lot better as well 🫣

Last edited:
Dakar the Game doesn't have this issue and it uses UR4 too. Looks a whole lot better as well 🫣

Might not now but man, that game was a horrendous mess at launch, bugs galore, all the typical UE4 issues, awful physics, awful AI. Only had its environment going for it. Glad they’ve got it playable and looking half decent now though.

Amazing what a year of patching and updates does for a game. They can’t even claim it was their first time with the engine either, they’d already screwed up Dakar 18 with it.

Dakar is great now, but it took them an age to get there. I’m all for a developer working hard on improving their product though. Even if it’s a tad irritating that only now is the game ‘complete’ and you can pick it up on sale for like 20 quid now. In hindsight I’d have just waited!

Looking forward to CER. Looks like my type of rally, plus I have family in that part of Germany, right on the border with Austria, and so I have an affinity for that area. To be honest I’m less up in arms than others about the AI fix, because the way I play this game - wait for my toddler to finally go to sleep then play through a single 8/9 stage event in one sitting, I just don’t really see it happen.

Might not now but man, that game was a horrendous mess at launch, bugs galore, all the typical UE4 issues, awful physics, awful AI. Only had its environment going for it. Glad they’ve got it playable and looking half decent now though.

Amazing what a year of patching and updates does for a game. They can’t even claim it was their first time with the engine either, they’d already screwed up Dakar 18 with it.
Both of their projects were very ambitious and seen the size of their team I find it really impressive what they pulled off. It's a fantastic and unique navigation game and once you run pro and sim stages, the game is very very good. Sorry for the OT 🥳

It would be nice if a few more liveries were added in the update next week, Mikkelsen's car not being in the game when he is WRC2 champion is a pretty big omission but I assume that's because he started his season late. I do hope things like that are just added to the game rather than being part of the VIP pass given how the game was mis-sold to those who pre-ordered on disk.

Spread of the first 50 moments.

Monte Carlo - 10 (1 EA play)
Kenya - 6 (1 EA play)
Japan - 5
Finland - 4
Mexico - 4
Sweden - 4 (1 EA play)
Corsica - 3
Iberia - 2
Sardinia - 2
Portugal - 2
Pacifico - 2 (1 EA play)
Croatia - 2 (1 EA play)
Oceania - 2 (1 EA play)
Estonia - 1 (1 EA play)
Greece - 1

Last edited:
Hi, im new to rally games,
Only played GT7 before..

Should i buy WRC EA, or stick to WRC 10 for the physics gameplay?

EA WRC is the best rally game you can buy right now in my opinion. On console a lot of the performance issues have been eradicated, looks good, plays great, huge amount of content to enjoy and it keeps getting better with every update.

Hi, im new to rally games,
Only played GT7 before..

Should i buy WRC EA, or stick to WRC 10 for the physics gameplay?
I’ve championed WRC Generations a bit here, I‘ve sat on the fence, criticised EA for its ‘sterile’ stage scenery, the performance issues, an AI bug that in truth I’ve barely seen -

Hah, yeah, ok. I’m ready to say EA is by far the best effort at a rally game since DR2.0 and basically combines the best bits of DR’s retro-centered content and the KT games with the new gen hybrid cars, the official calendar…you can jump in and within 5 minutes can be Tommi Makinen in the Indonesian jungle circa mid 90s or you can be playing through the 2023 calendar. It’s great.

To be honest I’m less up in arms than others about the AI fix, because the way I play this game - wait for my toddler to finally go to sleep then play through a single 8/9 stage event in one sitting, I just don’t really see it happen.
Does this work consistently for you? And what if you run a (custom) championship with multiple events?

Yeah I’ve had the AI bug happen once, when I returned to a previously saved event. I’ve had no problem at all setting up several quite long events as long as I play them through in one go or, on Xbox, use quick resume which to be honest I’d forgotten was even an option. Last night I played through a ten stage rally in Sardinia, ended up being almost two hours of driving. I put it on quick resume and returned to it this morning, and finished the last couple of stages. It was fine. No sudden three minute stage wins at all, the opposite really because I was running first on the road in the later stages so started getting reeled in.

I’m not having the AI issue in career since the last update on ps5 (i restarted the career after the patch).

Indeed at 85% AI I needed perfect runs in wrc2 against Solberg with the created car to win the championship. I had stages were he destroyed me by 20+ seconds.

I’m not a great player but i’m not even below average. I have platinum in dirt 2 and gt7.

I won only 3 out of 7 wrc 2 rounds. I was lucky he got two dnf.

I had also to run the f2kitcar championship. In the laguna i won only 1 event, but scored always second.

I was promoted to wrc last night. I will start after the patch.

Looks good, 32+KMs of new stage with Central European rally. Looks like they’ve focussed more on Czech Republic, the bits they showed looking good.

Resolved an exploit where players could previously get free repairs and tyre changes by quitting an in-progress Club Championship Event.

Resolved a number of corner-cutting exploits across several stages and locations.

Made a number of usability improvements to the Livery Editor, including the ability to mirror decals.

Fixed an issue where saved tuning setups would become corrupted if the same name or save slot was used on multiple cars.

Fixed an issue where all tuning setup sliders would change to minimum values after loading a saved setup.

Yes!

Route Name Route Length (km) Surface
Rouské (32.36 km) Tarmac = 100%
Lukoveček (32.34 km) Tarmac = 100%
Raztoka (15.40 km) Tarmac = 100%
Žabárna (15.42 km) Tarmac = 100%
Provodovice (16.99 km) Tarmac = 100%
Chvalčov (16.94 km) Tarmac = 100%
Vítová (8.77 km) Tarmac = 100%
Brusné (8.77km) Tarmac = 100%
Libosváry (14.73 km) Tarmac = 100%
Rusava (14.64 km) Tarmac = 100%