EA Sports WRC: General Discussion

• Thread starter xX Jojje Xx
  • 2,778 comments
I'm wondering if the lack of vibration on the Xbox controller triggers will ever be added/ reimplemented ? @PJTierney

Can you provide a reason why it's not a feature ?

Last edited:
This game reminds me of Gran Turismo 5 a lot. Both had/have potential to be great games, but had/have a lot of reasonably impactful misses in both design and execution that really hold them back from being all they could have been.

I was enjoying the game on my old hardware but on my upgraded rig the game is almost perfect for me. I dont know if its pot luck that the game works well with my PC or what.

The AI and Clubs issues are all that I await improvements for.

The one thing I will say (And I may be in the minority here) I hope there is payed DLC for new cars/locations. The VIP pass seems like it is pretty much going to be cosmetics only so when the time comes, I hope more support and content is introduced. If it's for a game I enjoy and a Dev I like then I'm fine purchasing DLC. I think before launch I heard payed DLC wasn't coming though which is a shame.

Hi @PJTierney

Sorry to bend your ear about this again but now the people who have the skill and know how have started making liveries for the game, What is the official stance on them going forward? Allowed, Allowed but not online (Like DR2), Allowed Offline only, Completely off-limits?

Last edited:
I can’t say anything right now but at minimum no mods or screenshots of mods will be shared officially on EA socials.

I can’t say anything right now but at minimum no mods or screenshots of mods will be shared officially on EA socials.
Hmm, So lay off for now then is the safe bet?

Last edited:
It’s always the safe bet to leave a game unmodified.

I know liveries were “safe” in previous Codemasters games though, but every game is different.

It’s always the safe bet to leave a game unmodified.

I know liveries were “safe” in previous Codemasters games though, but every game is different.
I'm fine with leaving it if that's what is preferred it's just a concrete answer would be nice to have no matter what it is. If it's no longer acceptable that's fine, It would just be nice to know for good. When it comes to always being a safe bet to leave games unmodified from what I've experienced Some games and Devs support and encourage it, Some are middling on the subject but will atleast say if it is bannable or risky, and some are a hard no.

I'm not trying to keep on at you, If you don't have the answers you can't say. 😊👍 I'll just leave it and see if anyone else gets in trouble first! :lol:

Edit - Thinking about it, Having the WRC license probably complicates things like that and I sure know I'd prefer to have the WRC license than to be able to import liveries. So it's only fair when I really think about it.

Last edited:
The one thing I will say (And I may be in the minority here) I hope there is payed DLC for new cars/locations. The VIP pass seems like it is pretty much going to be cosmetics only so when the time comes, I hope more support and content is introduced. If it's for a game I enjoy and a Dev I like then I'm fine purchasing DLC. I think before launch I heard payed DLC wasn't coming though which is a shame.
Will I be disappointed if there’s no DLC? Yes. Does that make me wanna beg EA to take more of my money? No.

Sure, I prefer one, two or even three paid DLC packs over annual games, but considering how broken/unfinished the game is in it’s current state, they could compensate by releasing free DLC, or at the very least for those who paid for the currently useless VIP pass.

I bought the Avro Vulcan for MSFS a few days ago, a plane I’ve loved since I was a kid and knew what planes were, for a sim i have spent (at time of counting) 1,850 hrs in and love it in VR like nothing else…but I’ve yet to fire it up because I’m loving this game so much it’s untrue..it may have its flaws but personally I never really encountered the bugs and merde that other folks have, I’m running at Ultra and it’s flawless, the odd micro stutter that comes with 99% of games anyway..
Pretty sure most of the enjoyment comes from upgrading my old ratchety G29 for a TS300RS and it’s opened up a whole new driving world, the thrill of the Finland stages and insane jumps will never get old.. doing mostly time trials and moments as I’m having too much fun to worry about career mode.

I realise and sympathise with folks who find the game a disappointment or even unplayable ( not sure why so extreme) but for me its absolutely fantastic

Will I be disappointed if there’s no DLC? Yes. Does that make me wanna beg EA to take more of my money? No.

Sure, I prefer one, two or even three paid DLC packs over annual games, but considering how broken/unfinished the game is in it’s current state, they could compensate by releasing free DLC, or at the very least for those who paid for the currently useless VIP pass.
Who's begging? I just see a time in the future when the game has been out for a while and It will need new fresh content to keep people interested. Given the multitude of classes and Locations in the game there is plenty to do with what we have now but in the future there has to be plenty of scope for very well known and even Legendary cars and locations to be added.

Sadly a large amount of gamers are misers and hate even the notion or mention of DLC... Stuff like Loot boxes and Microtransactions is not what I'm referring to. I don't want to see them in any of the games I play... But actual content packs like new cars and locations Is surely just adding more value and fun to the game.

Last edited:
Who's begging? I just see a time in the future when the game has been out for a while and It will need new fresh content to keep people interested. Given the multitude of classes and Locations in the game there is plenty to do with what we have now but in the future there has to be plenty of scope for very well known and even Legendary cars and locations to be added.

Sadly a large amount of gamers are misers and hate even the notion or mention of DLC... Stuff like Loot boxes and Microtransactions is not what I'm referring to. I don't want to see them in any of the games I play... But actual content packs like new cars and locations Is surely just adding more value and fun to the game.
I think if they're doing yearly releases (which I assume is the case for a franchise like this) then I'd prefer they weren't doing this type of DLC as well. Most content would feel like it was either just after release and so should have been included in the base game, or just before the next release and therefore should have just been rolled into that.

I'm fine with paying for value, and there's absolutely a model where you can release a base game and then support it with longer term content packages to keep the game fresh. I just don't think that's compatible with a game that's releasing annually. A well designed racing game should be able to come with enough content to keep all but the hardest of the core going for 12 months until the next one.

I think they'd be better off just putting all their work into the annual releases to make them the best possible. If they want DLC to keep the name of the game high on store lists, perhaps with a few free tidbits thrown in for special events throughout the year to build goodwill. Christmas Edition liveried Rally1 cars or something.

I think if they're doing yearly releases (which I assume is the case for a franchise like this) then I'd prefer they weren't doing this type of DLC as well. Most content would feel like it was either just after release and so should have been included in the base game, or just before the next release and therefore should have just been rolled into that.

I'm fine with paying for value, and there's absolutely a model where you can release a base game and then support it with longer term content packages to keep the game fresh. I just don't think that's compatible with a game that's releasing annually. A well designed racing game should be able to come with enough content to keep all but the hardest of the core going for 12 months until the next one.

I think they'd be better off just putting all their work into the annual releases to make them the best possible. If they want DLC to keep the name of the game high on store lists, perhaps with a few free tidbits thrown in for special events throughout the year to build goodwill. Christmas Edition liveried Rally1 cars or something.

I have a feeling that 2024 will be a season update and then a full release game for 2025. In terms of official content, 2 new rallies and 1/2 new cars would make for a solid update around August/September time.

Either way I’ll be happy with what they do, especially if the full releases continue being £40.

I have a feeling that 2024 will be a season update and then a full release game for 2025. In terms of official content, 2 new rallies and 1/2 new cars would make for a solid update around August/September time.

Either way I’ll be happy with what they do, especially if the full releases continue being £40.
The looming elephant in the room is the F1 model, if the rally game's follow suit it will be £40 for 1/2 new locations and some livery changes annually. If it goes like this I will buy 1 year after in a sales only, annual releases completely stifle creativity. You look at the F1 game and it is chock full of assets that have barely changed since 2017.

If WRC is a annual release then I agree that it doesn't really need added content and that adding new things and improving the next iteration would be the better option.

I'd prefer a new Codies Rally game to look forward to every year ofcourse I would 😊

I just never thought of WRC as a yearly release for some reason... Then again Kylotonn's games were every year for a while so I guess its possible.

I really, really hope this game is a platform for the next couple of years rather than an annual release. I think it works much better on that basis, much much better. If a new one comes out in a year's time then suddenly this one looks like a bit of a buggy rush job rather than an excellent platform for building on. Although I suppose there's not a massive difference really, other than whether they'll charge another 40 quid or not. With the 2024 season literally weeks away a 'season update' and then later adding Latvia would surely be the best approach for a 2024 release.

I bought the Avro Vulcan for MSFS a few days ago, a plane I’ve loved since I was a kid and knew what planes were, for a sim i have spent (at time of counting) 1,850 hrs in and love it in VR like nothing else…but I’ve yet to fire it up because I’m loving this game so much it’s untrue..it may have its flaws but personally I never really encountered the bugs and merde that other folks have, I’m running at Ultra and it’s flawless, the odd micro stutter that comes with 99% of games anyway..
Pretty sure most of the enjoyment comes from upgrading my old ratchety G29 for a TS300RS and it’s opened up a whole new driving world, the thrill of the Finland stages and insane jumps will never get old.. doing mostly time trials and moments as I’m having too much fun to worry about career mode.

I realise and sympathise with folks who find the game a disappointment or even unplayable ( not sure why so extreme) but for me its absolutely fantastic
Was it XH558 or XM607 ?

Something that may be visiting the cinema for 😊👍

"It tastes better with Ice" Hmm. A reference to the Lancia Team vans going up into the mountains of Monte Carlo and spreading Salt so they didn't lose too much time to the 4WD's? :lol:

Untitled.png

Last edited:

I'm going to show my total ignorance of rallysport and ask a really dumb question, but why are there two cars on the road at the same time? Was the driver played by Baron Zemo so fast that he caught up with the other car in the championship?

Last edited:
They can catch up to each other on stage but it's very rare and only happens if a driver has issues that cause them to lose time. I was a bit puzzled by that scene aswell... It doesn't look like a stage. Maybe it was a money race that was organised between drivers... I haven't heard of such things though and I love my rally history and lesser known stories that come up.

Group B cars did end up racing side by side in Rallycross but that was more of the S4 and E2's thing. I dont think I've seen an 037 in rallycross.

If it wasnt an off the record money race organised by the drivers I have no idea what it could be.

They can catch up to each other on stage but it's very rare and only happens if a driver has issues that cause them to lose time. I was a bit puzzled by that scene aswell... It doesn't look like a stage. Maybe it was a money race that was organised between drivers... I haven't heard of such things though and I love my rally history and lesser known stories that come up.

Group B cars did end up racing side by side in Rallycross but that was more of the S4 and E2's thing. I dont think I've seen an 037 in rallycross.

If it wasnt an off the record money race organised by the drivers I have no idea what it could be.
I'm glad it wasn't just me. I figured the answer was "because movie". It didn't look like a rallycross event. One more reason to watch the film, I guess.

I'm glad it wasn't just me. I figured the answer was "because movie". It didn't look like a rallycross event. One more reason to watch the film, I guess.
Yeah it did seem quite strange, Like a way to force both cars and drivers into a physical battle for the action benefits. The only other thing I could think of is maybe they found themselves bumping in to each other while testing and the drivers took the chance to be a bit naughty. :lol: Like you say, We'll find out soon enough. I like a good cheesy action film, Being written and produced by Italians I'm sure the interpretation to any real life occurrances will be Interesting to say the least. :lol:

Last edited:
I don’t like the idea of annual games, but maybe that’s just me. A year to enjoy a game is way too short IMO.

I prefer a new game every three years or so. This is why, again, I was never a fan of the EA deal.

Last edited:
Back