East Coast Tuners - Splitting Up, TGC cars here. Please close.

• Thread starter LancerEvo7
  • 42 comments
United States
LMSCorvetteGT2's Mom's House
GTP_LancerEvo7
ectlogo.jpg

Welcome to East Coast Tuners! This introductory post is currently under construction. While myself and Cougar23 get set up, enjoy these sample tunes!​

Last edited:
ECT TGC Bathurst FD '01

Stats:
Power:443 HP
Torque:358 ft.lb
Weight:1260 kg
Weight/Power Ratio: 8.205 kg/HP

Apricot Hill lap time: 1'26.820

Purchase These Parts:
Semi-Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Semi-Racing Suspension
Stage 2 Turbo
Sports Intercooler
FC Transmission
Twin-Plate Clutch
Semi-Racing Flywheel
1.5 Way LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Semi-Racing Suspension
Sport Tires
Car Wash
Oil Change
New Wheels (CH0227)

Suspension(Front/Rear):
Spring Rate: 6.3/4.8
Ride Height: 110/115
Shock Absorbers:6/5
Camber: 0.7/1.0

Brake Balance Controller:
Front: 3
Rear: 5

Transmission:
Auto Settings: 15
Final Gear: 4.000
1st Gear: 2.610
2nd Gear: 1.853
3rd Gear: 1.415
4th Gear: 1.094
5th Gear: 0.895
6th Gear: 0.780

Driving Aids:
Oversteer: 0
Understeer: 0
TCS: 0

LSD:
N/A

Car Story:
Here is our first of two cars for the Tuning Garage Challenge. (Link) Based off Mazda's 2001 RX-7 Bathurst model, and fitting as close as possible to regulations with this car we hope to battle fiercely with GTP's other tuning garages.

Last edited:
ECT NSX TGC Type-R

Stats:
Power:462 HP
Torque:360 ft.lb
Weight:1294 kg with ballast
Weight/Power Ratio: 2.801

Apricot Hill lap time: 1'22.558

Purchase These Parts:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
NA Stage 3
Port Polish
Racing Chip
Racing Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple-Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
S1/S2/S3 Tires
Oil Change
Car Wash
New Rims (HO0241)
Wing (3D Type B)

Suspension(Front/Rear):
Spring Rate: 11.5/9.5
Ride Height: 110/100
Bound: 4/2
Rebound: 7/7
Camber: 0.8/1.8
Toe: -2/1
Stabilizers 4/3

Front: 5
Rear: 7

Transmission:
Auto Settings: 10
Final Gear: 3.750
1st Gear: 3.094
2nd Gear: 2.250
3rd Gear: 1.712
4th Gear: 1.354
5th Gear: 1.113
6th Gear: 0.962

Driving Aids:
TCS: 0

LSD:
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 25
Deceleration: 10

Downforce:
Front: 30
Rear: 30

Ballast:
Weight: 24kg
F/R Balance: 25

Our second and final entry to the TGC pushes the limit, both of regulations and drivers. Being over 4 seconds a lap quicker at Apricot Hill, we expect this to be our primary car in the races.

Last edited:
stock Daihatsu Copen during a race due to extreme boredom, causing a crah that red-flagged the race and totaled several cars.
crah---crash Anyway hopefully I should be able to review one or even both of these cars. Congratulations on opening your garage!

Congrats on opening up your own garage, guys. I wish you luck with it and hope I'll see some great tunes 👍

Mercury Cougar XR-700 '67​

mercurycougarfrontside.jpg
mercurycougarbackside.jpg

Stats:
Power: 695 HP
Torque: 861 ft.lb
Weight: 1205kg

Apricot Hill lap time: 1'17.857

Purchase These Parts:
Racing Exhaust & Air Filter,
RacingBrakes,
Brake Controller,
Stage 3-NA Tuning,
PortPolish,
EngineBalancing,
RacingChip,
NOS,
FCSuspension,
FCTransmission,
TripleClutch,
RacingFlywheel,
VariableLSD,
CarbonDriveshaft,
R4 Tires,
Stage 3WeightReduction,
IncreaseRigidty,
Body Rigidty Refresher Plan,
Oil Change

Suspension(Front/Rear):
Spring Rate: 5.8/5.4
Ride Height: 133/130
Bounce: 8/8
Rebound: 8/8
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 1/1
Stabilizers: 6/6

Brake Balance Controller(Front/Rear): 5/5

Gear Ratios:
Auto Settings: 13
1st Gear: 2.600
2nd Gear: 1.854
3rd Gear: 1.342
4th Gear: 1.037
5th Gear: 0.851
6th Gear: 0.713
Final Gear: 3.890

Driving Aids:
TCS: 2

LSD:
Initial: 10
Acceleration: 40
Deceleration: 20

Car Story:
When you think of an American Muscle Car, the Mercury Cougar usually isn't first to come to mind. Now it will be. It was tuned to just under 700HP and handles well for such an old car, although our test driver has trouble getting it around the 'Ring. If the copen didn't bite you, try this cat.

* Stats were taken from a new car, won from bronzing all Super license tests.
Used Cougar's will produce less power.

Last edited:
1. The suspension is barely tuned and if I'm not mistaken it is SOFTER than default in the front in terms of spring rate, sits much lower than stock, and is on R4 tires. It would not surprise me if the undercarriage scrubs quite badly at the 'Ring and it also would not surprise me any if the suspension spends almost all of its time on the bumpstops.

2. The differential is stock as a rock and the car has late-stage AIDS. Not only is the traction control rating excessive even for a 1960s behemoth and will limit acceleration, the ASM will ultimately limit cornering prowess (although it may help hide some of the issues caused by the suspension) and consistency.

So really, you've done nearly everything the exact reverse of what you should've. Racing tires always dictate a need for stiffer suspension just to control body motion during the more sudden, higher g-force movements caused by the increased grip (this applies to acceleration and braking as well as cornering... Stiffening may slightly harm forward bite on acceleration but it will help braking greatly and prevent the car from shifting its COG as awfully under acceleration). Instead, you've taken a suspension that already feels far too soft on S3 tires and softened it further (although the bumped up sway bars may limit body roll to an extent the issue is still there).

Thanks for helping us out on that one Rotary Junkie. Refering to what I wrote when I was looking for other members to open a tuneshop with (you may or maynot have read that thread) I said that i was nowhere near the best driven or tuner and that most of my cars were tuned for myself personally and not for a whole range of driver abilities. Your advice about the cougar will be taken on although it may be a while before i can change the settings- my data was corrupted after my sister pulled my memory card out when it was still loading :scared::grumpy:
Also i have discussed with lancerevo that we won't be testing the cars on nurburgring we will just take them for a lap around the Ring to see what they are like. Clearly the cougar is no good on the 'Ring because neither myself nor Lancerevo coould keep it on the track. :scared::crazy: The track we tune our cars on is Apricot Hill. All of that info will be posted in the opening post soon.
Thanks again. :):)

Last edited:
Prodrive DB9-SLRC
[URL="http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/2038/prodrivedb9back.jpg"][/URL]
Colors Available: Silver Only

Stats:
Power:639 HP
Torque:560 ft.lb
Weight:1419 kg

Apricot Hill lap time: 1'12.749

Purchase These Parts:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
NA Stage 3
Port Polish
Engine Balancing
Racing Chip
Racing Suspension
FC Transmission
Triple-Plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
Carbon Driveshaft
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Rollcage
N3/R1/R2/R3/R4/R5 Tires
Oil Change
Car Wash
New Rims (ENKEI 047)
Wing (3D Type BS)

Suspension(Front/Rear):
Spring Rate: 13.5/11.3
Ride Height: 95/105
Bound: 4/5
Rebound: 7/9
Camber: 1.2/0.3
Toe: 1/-2
Stabilizers 6/5

Front: 4
Rear: 6

Transmission:
Auto Settings: 20
Final Gear: 3.900
1st Gear: 2.871
2nd Gear: 1.880
3rd Gear: 1.419
4th Gear: 1.107
5th Gear: 0.897
6th Gear: 0.759

Driving Aids:
Race Car - Driver's Choice

LSD:
Initial: 20
Acceleration: 35
Deceleration: 25

Downforce:
Front: 30
Rear: 30

Car Story:
After Prodrive was denied a Formula 1 entry for 2010, they set to work on their new project, a Street Legal Race Car. Built from an Aston Martin DB9 chassis, this car is a contender in GT races yet is still road legal. The car beat both ECT record* lap times and a Corvette C5R around Grand Valley Speedway.

*Until I tested my Suzuki GSX-R/4 that won't be posted for a while at all so the Prodrive Cien still officially has the record.

Last edited:
Hey Anybody that reads this. Hopefully in the next couple of days I will have a few more tunes up including a '69 Chevrolet Z28 Camaro, a Ford Mustang Cobra R and a BMW M3 CSL. I think LancerEvo also has a few in the pipeline as well.
Stay Tuned.
Cougar23

Those pictures of the DB9 are really realistic.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 302 '69

Stats:
Power: 473 HP
Torque: 556.93 ft.lb
Weight: 1202kg
Total Cost: $200,750

Apricot Hill lap time: 1'24.864

Purchase These Parts:
Racing Exhaust & Air Filter
RacingBrakes,
Brake Controller,
Supercharger,
Port Polish,
Engine Balancing,
RacingChip,
FC Suspension,
FC Transmission,
Triple Clutch,
RacingFlywheel,
Carbon Driveshaft,
R3 Tires,
Stage 3 Weight Reduction,
Oil Change,
New Wheels(optional)

Suspension(Front/Rear):
Spring Rate: 5.2/5.0
Ride Height: 122/120
Bounce: 8/8
Rebound: 8/8
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizers: 4/4

Brake Balance Controller(Front/Rear): 3/5

Gear Ratios:
Auto Settings: 10
1st Gear: 2.620
2nd Gear: 1.907
3rd Gear: 1.438
4th Gear: 1.130
5th Gear: 0.935
Final Gear: 2.500

Driving Aids:
TCS: 1

Car Story:
Having had this car a few times previously, but they had never been tuned, I finally decided to give this 'ponycar' a go and see what she is made of.
Instead of going for the usual black colourscheme, I chose this great 'Burnished Brown Metallic', finished off with a set of five spoke Yokohama's, to make it what is now one of the better looking vehicles in my garage.
Now to the tuning. To try to reduce the cost a little I went the supercharged route instead of the NA Tuning. I also thought it would produce better power to suit our test track; Apricot Hill. With the money I saved from that I bought a few other necesseties such as a Racing Chip & Port Polish to liven the old girl up. What I ended up with was a very fun and easy to drive car that will reward you if you keep it in the meat of the power. I'f you can do so, you should be pleased with the reasonable laps you can put down. Enjoy
:):)

And also.......The mercury cougar I posted a bit further up the page has had a few changes; mostly in the suspension department. Thanks, Cougar23

Last edited:
ECT Ringmeister

Colors Available: Silver Only

Stats:
Power:1009 HP
Torque:586 ft.lb
Weight:1232 kg

Apricot Hill lap time: 1'08.259 *ECT Record*

Purchase These Parts:
Brake Balance Controller
Stage 3 NA Tuning
FC Suspension
FC LSD
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
R5 Tires
Oil Change
Wing (Straight Type CS)

Suspension(Front/Rear):
Spring Rate: 16.0/13.5
Ride Height: 70/80
Bound: 3/4
Rebound: 8/9
Camber: 0.8/1.6
Toe: 2/1
Stabilizers 4/5

Front: 3
Rear: 3

Transmission:
Auto Settings: 25
Final Gear: 3.100
1st Gear: 4.373
2nd Gear: 2.874
3rd Gear: 2.040
4th Gear: 1.531
5th Gear: 1.221
6th Gear: 0.992

Driving Aids:
ASM - Oversteer: 0
ASM - Understeer: 0
TCS: 1

LSD:
Initial: 15
Acceleration: 45
Deceleration: 5

Downforce:
Front: 55
Rear: 65

Car Story:
This Car was built for MTN Pimped Out's Nurburgring Challenge between their garage and ours. This car, built off the Cadillac Cien Concept, can lap the 'Ring in less than 6 minutes in the hands of a skilled driver, earning it the title of Ringmeister.

Last edited:
Well i didn't think you was gonna race me with that cadilac i had a race car good and ready.

Last edited:
Cougar and I would like to announce that ECT will have a new test driver, SVX. He will still tune for MTN Tuners while test driving for us. We'd like to welcome him to the team.

Last edited:
*Damn he beat me to it (by half an hour..lol)*Like LancerEvo said we are proud to announce that SVX will be the new test driver for East Coast Tuners. We hope he enjoy working with us here at ECT. Thanks SVX.👍:)

Last edited:
Cheese? No. I was actually happy with the brakes, if you use the setup posted, they haven't been changed at all, a rarity for me.

I tuned the car: BMW Z4 '03, On my start at the track, Deep Forest, I had a great acceleration. The car was really fast eventhough it had sport... Well... Basically everything. The only thing I didn't like about the car was that the handling was poor.

Try it with S3 tires and make sure you changed the downforce, that may be the problem.

It said S1/S3 Tires so I thought it meant S1 in the front and S3 in the back but I'll change it. I did do the downforce though, I'm sure of that.

Oh okay, I don't know if you used that same rule with the other settings but if you did then I did it wrong.

Back