Emergency Update Incoming NOT 1.07

I'm actually surprised that PD are so quick this time around. I thought that I was going to have to deal with the NSX Gr.3 being so squirrelly out of turns forever.

I had that "dealing" this morning on Suzuka Circuit Experience...

Really hope so that fix ll be soon & efficient.

In my case, fix for driving with TCS 0 and ABS off.

I had that "dealing" this morning on Suzuka Circuit Experience...

Really hope so that fix ll be soon & efficient.

In my case, fix for driving with TCS 0 and ABS off.

I had the displeasure of fostering it through 10 laps of the Nurburgring GP on Sunday. I swear it didn't handle like this before 1.06. It's a shame because I like it so much that it's now my avatar.

Yep, Thanks for not giving me the credit at all, I only took the time to make a thread initially and contact the site with the information literally hours before this was posted, I won't bother next time 👍
I woke up, saw the in-game notification and wrote the article.

I was writing this week's road test review, but considered this a higher priority. I didn't see your thread, and couldn't have seen your message to the site as I don't have access to the site contact inbox. The people who do won't be awake for about another hour - so perhaps you'd be better served directly messaging the writers who are more likely to be awake than having a go at me for not taking action on messages I can't see?

Last edited:
So TCS is still going to be panic-auto-brake instead of actual TCS...

No idea.

Not sure how that is possible given they are using the same physics engine and same tire model.

Isn't it mostly a BOP thing? If on the previous physics FWD was unduly penalised by combined slip issues, then carrying the old BOP over to the new physics where grip is more forgiving would inherently favour FWD.

A very subtle change I would say. My RWD GT3 cars still loses control when applying full throttle too early but it's a bit easier to counter-steer and get full grip now. Still more challenging however than before they decided to change the physics model.

There is no need to increase overall stability , it is more than enough the way it is.
The only problem out corner with powerfull cars is due to the automatic clutch that take out and release traction without any kind of advise of course, messing the way you modulate your accel out corner.
This effect was stronger before 1.06 where i could see a light progress but they stay half the way.
The solution is to set a clutch physic the way it was in others previous GT5 and 6 , clutch was engaged or not. Drag racing people for sure have noted this thing.
Weight + torque + tires grip make the wheels spin or not. Actually it is impossible to know really what will happen. Even the LSD is impossible to set due to this 🤬. Come on PD, i just hope this is what you pretend to do with the update.

I woke up, saw the in-game notification and wrote the article.

I was writing this week's road test review, but considered this a higher priority. I didn't see your thread, and couldn't have seen your message to the site as I don't have access to the site contact inbox. The people who do won't be awake for about another hour - so perhaps you'd be better served directly messaging the writers who are more likely to be awake than having a go at me for not taking action on messages I can't see?

I posted the thread hours ago, Numerous people have seen it already it was the only thread posted on the matter at the time, The title was more than clear in my opinion, Moderators are always on hand to tell users to use the search function, I hate to say it but that would have been an option.

I posted the thread hours ago, Numerous people have seen it already it was the only thread posted on the matter at the time, The title was more than clear in my opinion, Moderators are always on hand to tell users to use the search function, I hate to say it but that would have been an option.
Honest mistake don’t know why you would be bothered by it. But it would be better if the moderator would merge the threads

I hope the emergency update includes fixing the hand animations in cockpit view. They're awfully slow to respond, and I hope they bring it back to normal. @RACECAR dude we might need an Undocumented Changes thread for this. 👍

I posted the thread hours ago
You posted it two hours before the story went live - or about half an hour before I turned my console on, saw the information in the game and thought "Oh bugger, that needs writing right now".

As that became my immediate concern for the morning, I wasn't even on the forum to see your thread - much less read the clear title or search for it. The priority was getting the article out, onto the blog for the outside world that does not read the forums. In fact I didn't even get on the forums for another 20 minutes after that, and was immediately dealing with forum spam and my own notifications.

Sorry if you feel marginalised and not properly credited, but I didn't write this piece based on the message you apparently sent the site but I couldn't have read, or the forum thread you created on the forum I wasn't browsing. I wrote it based on waking up, seeing the notification in the game and sidelining everything else I was doing to get it onto the blog.

Perhaps when I've finished writing the thing I was writing this morning but had to shelve, I might merge the threads, or another editor who sees it will - merging threads with news articles is not a simple task and non-editorial moderators cannot do it without breaking everything.

I feel like a guinea pig for some reason.
Ironically, there is often a lot of rage and mocking of developers on the forums of other games when core issues are still being experimented with in games with much smaller budgets and much shorter development time. Seen some of that here but it doesn't seem nearly on the level of other games.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this regarding TCS: I used it on "2" with the Huracan Gt3 and the car drives horribly, decelerating way too much with throttle ON exiting the corners. If I put it on "1" or zero, it becomes very hard to control if you try to push the car faster. The Porsche 911 Gt3 with the same TCS settings drives amazingly fast and sharp. Indeed I won two races with it, while with the Huracan I only managed to ruin my DR and SR...

Back