Emergency Update Incoming NOT 1.07

For those of you saying tcs is working. Exiting a corner in a gr3 m6 and waiting until the wheel is dead straight before gently rolling on the throttle (painfully slowly I might add) and still have the back end violently kick at L 2-3 is not realistic. Prior to 1.06 I was using 0 for quali and 1 in races, and it was perfectly stable and predictable.

Could be a combo of the lsd as some has said, but no bueno just the same.

Starting to feel even closer to GT5 Prologue:sly:, besides the limited content & being new to the platform, Prologue went through three spec changes, the physics being change over the course of its lifetime.

That was fast. I´m hoping they ajust TCS the way it was before 1.06. Currently, Gr3 cars are loosing too much traction before it kicks in (even with TCS 2).

Next step... Gr4 BoP and Penalty system :cheers:

Ironically, there is often a lot of rage and mocking of developers on the forums of other games when core issues are still being experimented with in games with much smaller budgets and much shorter development time. Seen some of that here but it doesn't seem nearly on the level of other games.

I know which other game devs you mean. Those with much more limited resources than PD but with the ambition of producing a realistic racing simulator. So their fixes are actually fixes to physics issue as opposed to knee jerk reactions to computer generated player participation stats designed to keep as many console owners online as long as possible. The GT League shambles exposes that mindset. Disgraceful manipulation of customer activity. They wanted us online and made sure nothing would keep us offline for very long on release. It feels like a populist TV series now, where plot lines and characters are featured solely for the ratings they are expected to achieve. The game engine is very solid and stable if somewhat limited and bland. It could have been been used for a great Gran Turismo game. Maybe it will be one day.

Last edited:
No

I know which other game devs you mean. Those with much more limited resources than PD but with the ambition of producing a realistic racing simulator. So their fixes are actually fixes to physics issue as opposed to knee jerk reactions to computer generated player participation stats designed to keep as many console owners online as long as possible. The GT League shambles exposes that mindset. Disgraceful manipulation of customer activity. They wanted us online and made sure nothing would keep us offline for very long on release. It feels like a populist TV series now, where plot lines and characters are featured solely for the ratings they are expected to achieve. The game engine is very solid and stable if somewhat limited and bland. It could have been been used for a great Gran Turismo game. Maybe it will be one day.
Dum dum duuuum... buhuhuhaha.. Until next week my pretties.

This really describes my feeling while playing lately. I never had problems racing on ovals but yesterdays Blue Moon (is it?) was nothing less than mayhem, with drivers not merely overtaking each other but at every occasion trying to spin the about-to-be-passed or passing car off by steering into their backs. There was simply no driving next to each other either, someone would always try and spin you off. Since I was playing at what is usually a save time to play, namely lunch, I wrote my first race off to bad matchmaking luck. However, every game was like that, and I raced like 6 before I called it a day, and had my rating drop from B/S to C/C.
I'm sad to see that some (make that most) cannot seem to lose, and need to come back with a vengeance or deliberately try to take someone out to reduce their competition. With the new SR algorithms that don't penalise the aggressor when speed difference is kept below a certain threshold, they even have the mechanics on their side.
Add to that the dumbed down physics by increasing grip, and not having aids cause a severe loss of speed, it really feels like they try to keep everyone and their moms online no matter what.

Last edited:
It is updated, but the Ford Mustang wasn't changed with another car, i don't remember if the Mercedes safety car is new or not, but the British Racing Green paint chip is gone and the Artic White paint chip is new and new wheels.

Thanks for the update, time to go buy more wheels and paint

I posted the thread hours ago, Numerous people have seen it already it was the only thread posted on the matter at the time, The title was more than clear in my opinion, Moderators are always on hand to tell users to use the search function, I hate to say it but that would have been an option.

I think he just didn’t see your post or maybe didn’t check for it, does it really matter that much if you got credited in the post or not? In the end what matters is that the players get informed. The ones that visit the forum often like myself saw your post first, the ones that only visit the main site saw the news post first.

In the end it’s just about a small update anyway, no big content update like what is scheduled for later in December.

Edit - almost forgot why I opened this thread in the first place, lovely screenshot added to the article. :)

This week i chose Toyota... 10 seconds behind the Megane at Panorama.... :banghead::banghead::banghead:FOR SHAME!
6 seconds for the porshe.. I messed up in quali and was last on the grid. Settled in for the long haul and knew natural selection would weed out the Muppets. I found myself in the top 10 early and had a nice 4 car battle then, blip, disconnected from server.. wtf?? awarded 0 points and no chance to re enter. PD needs a solution for that ish.

I'm glad to see the team responding and taking action so quickly.

Traction Control was indeed malfunctioning, as even at level 5 the car would spin regardless. This was the key issue I've been having with the new handling system, and just couldn't find that magical grip everyone has been talking about.

This is excellent feedback between the community and developers. Well done! :cheers:

my qualy was bad, i got within 7 seconds/lap in the race i think. Still, the sport mode being dominated by beetles and hatchbacks is really embarassing for the franchise.

PD have updated the information, the update will be tomorrow 6 december 04:00 GMT (*The time is subject to change)

What they really need to fix is the damn auto drive bug with rolling starts and the being unable to drive bug with standing starts in the online lobbies that frustrates the hell out of me

I'm not really concerned with TCS i use it on some cars until i get a feel for them then i practice without it and i do ok a few spins here and there but that's mostly my own fault getting on the accelerator a little to early exiting a corner

I bought the GT3 RS the other night and took it around Bathurst, left it on Sport Hard tyres and drove TCS off. What a pig. Lateral grip was non existent on the opening corner of the rolling start and it oversteered wildly when the chassis itself is naturally prone to understeer if it is not set up for a corner. This was trying to turn a car renowned for its grip and poise at 25mph for heaven's sake. As a first impression, it was terrible.

Basically, it was driving like the most exaggerated widow maker stories about old SWB 911s and 930 Turbos.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with TCS. PD needs to stop locking the rear diffs on cars to frickin 40 acceleration. They force you to drive the car with a diff that's nearly at full lock. It's not a drift car, it's a race car. Turn it down to 5, and let us turn it up to whatever we need.

Back