Emergency Update Incoming NOT 1.07

There's absolutely nothing wrong with TCS. PD needs to stop locking the rear diffs on cars to frickin 40 acceleration. They force you to drive the car with a diff that's nearly at full lock. It's not a drift car, it's a race car. Turn it down to 5, and let us turn it up to whatever we need.

You clearly haven't experienced any issues with the Traction Control, because there is plenty wrong with it since the previous update. Simply because you haven't spotted anything, it doesn't necessarily mean it's fine.

As for the diff, it's only when BOP is active, right? If so, wouldn't adjusting the diff give you a an advantage over the other drivers?

Update 1.07 - Grip levels are increased again and every car is now AWD. Traction control and stability management is now forced on for every car.
Update 1.08 - According some players, the physics are still not realistic because the cars still slide around too much, specially exiting corners. PD releases another emergency update making every car literally unspinable, just like in real life.
Update 1.09 - Some players still struggle to keep the car on the track and therefore PD decides to turn every car into Bullet Bill.
Update 1.10 - Some players complain that they actually don't feel like playing car games anymore. PD releases an emergency update converting GT Sport into Call of Duty: Minecraft Edition.
Update 1.11 - Some players uncover a game breaking bug that prevents them from winning online. That or everyone else is cheating. PD sends a trophy to literally everyone. A trophy and a medal. In a statement PD says that "It's not that you ****ing suck at this game. It's the game that is not good enough for you."

You clearly haven't experienced any issues with the Traction Control, because there is plenty wrong with it since the previous update. Simply because you haven't spotted anything, it doesn't necessarily mean it's fine.

I agree, there must be someting wrong with the TC, when i exit a corner with the Porsche 919 Hybrid and accelerate, the car start to spin and the back end is loosing grip, i was a bit surprised, because LMP 1 cars usally are glued to the track, i haven't touched the TC, so i'm using default TC and DS4, i'm using racing hard tires, but i think the TC is the problem and i'm looking forward to try the Porsche again after the update, to see if the car is better to drive :).

Last edited:

As for the diff, it's only when BOP is active, right? If so, wouldn't adjusting the diff give you a an advantage over the other drivers?
Maybe I haven't. I use it on all but the least powerful of cars, but I don't lean on it, so I may not have noticed anything crazy.

As for the diff, I'm of the school that this is a sim (sim-cade claims aside), and that there's no sport race with real race cars that should prevent people from adjusting the car to their preferences, as that's how it works irl. But since the sport races do need to cater to the masses (understandably), then PD could still lower the default diff setting so the cars are drivable on throttle. Lock it at 15 or 20. Something that makes sense.

I have to say after the last update I stopped using TCS on Gr.3 cars, so haven't any idea what this is going to do, previously it did seem to work more like stability control than traction, with odd grip/slip behaviour at corner exit.

Oddly amongst the TCS stuff, GR.4 cars (at least the ones I've driven) are still quite drivable. I can't tell the difference to be honest.

Lambo is still sloppy cobblers though.

I hope the emergency update includes fixing the hand animations in cockpit view. They're awfully slow to respond, and I hope they bring it back to normal. @RACECAR dude we might need an Undocumented Changes thread for this. 👍

Give it a day ;)

Although I'm of the impression this is more of a sharply focused update we have coming as opposed to the usual content adding, fixing ones that have tiddly bits of new stuff.

I did notice that the Porsche LMP (the one with "only" 500-something HP) would snap around on corner exit, and it is 4wd. Something is screwy.

For RWD cars, increasing the LSD initial torque helps increase stability on hard throttle.

I've finally golded the last driving school lap in the GT4 Clubsport without TCS. Who knew a car would be quicker without an aid cutting power at the merest angle of slip?!

I'm actually surprised that PD are so quick this time around. I thought that I was going to have to deal with the NSX Gr.3 being so squirrelly out of turns forever.

i loved driving the NSX at first until i tried some other cars, it’s way too oversteer happy on exits, has major lift-off oversteer issues and it’s harder to put the down power early, currently driving the AMG GT until it gets fixed.

Last edited:
I haven't really paid much attention to TCS' behaviour before or after the patch, and I've switched it off anyway because of the extra grip now. It did have less than adequate performance, though, and my superficial impression was that it only went by longitudinal slip, which clearly doesn't help at corner exit. Part of my reticence to analyse it has been due to a lack of confidence in the DS4 controls, what with the switch-like behaviour near full throttle.

EDIT: I didn't like that TCS' intervention meant I didn't really know how much throttle I was applying, and so how much TCS was helping me out. I often pushed the tyres much harder than intended as a result. Once it became easier to correct small slides via DS4 tweaks and grip changes, I found I was much more confident (feedback-wise) without TCS altogether. /EDIT

The standard tunings are a pain, I dislike using the LSD as a crutch, for instance, always preferring something a little more lively than a partially locked diff. Luckily I don't race competitively (as in, I'm not competitive) so I just run what I like the feel of, rather than what makes me faster.

Have to agree. TC is all over the place for me. Existing a corner is also weird. Like the car is holding back power dramatically. Then all of a sudden power.

It's unpredictable. Just bring back GT6 type TC.

I did notice that the Porsche LMP (the one with "only" 500-something HP) would snap around on corner exit, and it is 4wd. Something is screwy.

For RWD cars, increasing the LSD initial torque helps increase stability on hard throttle.
You have to remember that there is electric energy harvested through breaking in these LMP cars, hence the HY logo the Toyota, Porsche, and Audi have. These electric energy sources produce close to 500 horsepower alone, add that to the engine power output and you have a lot of HP. That is why my Gr.3 Viper laps Dragon Trial in 1:38-1:40 but my Porsche 919 Hybrid laps the same track in 1:22.241

Maybe I don't quite understand what you are all saying about TCS being a crutch. But in my mind and from what I've looked into all GT3 and GT4 cars in real life have TCS and ABS. Now do I believe PD have implemented TCS correctly? ...No. But the hate that those who use these so called "crutches" receive is unwarranted in my humble honest opinion. Now to backup my thought process on this debate is that I remember very vividly during a PWC race broadcast they were at Lime Rock Park and the announcers where talking about Johnny O'Connell and how he uses a lot of TCS in his car because thats what feels fastest to him and helps him the most with stability*, and if memory serves, Johnny O'Connell is one of the most winningest drivers in PWC, now giving he has raced for many many years, but still if it helps him become a fast driver who can win races then why can't we use it because we (Yes I use TCS) have the same thought process.

Also if you look at a Chris Harris car review, Try the LaFerrari review or any other Ferrari review, he says he uses Traction Control for his nice and tiddy laps then he turns it off to have fun. This is another example of how TCS is used not a "crutch" in that term but more of an aid to help with not killing yourself.

*Thats what this update is about, and if the TCS is modified in order to implement the TCS properly like in real life than I am all for it.

Please note this is all my opinion, don't hate me for what I have to say.

That's kind of my definition of a crutch. But then I need all the help I can get... :D

There's no need for any snobbery, sure, but TCS is an aid. So is a crutch. Some people prefer it. That's OK. 👍
Well not in a snobby sense like how I've interpreted it based on others post

This emergency update may have a lot to do with them messing many of the cars handling especially high powered rear wheel drive cars. There was this FIA one make race on Maggiore that used 911 GT3 RS and the cars are horribly twitchy in the corners it refuse to stay put and tail like the infamous 930 Turbo level of Oversteer but without logic,any corner on Maggiore will provoke the car to go sideways.
The car was so unstable to the point that four or five people just gave up within 2 minutes in the race.
Good thing I be able to powerslide through some of corners but for the untrained hands this car currently can drive you crazy try to drive it without TCS same thing with my GT by Citroen and many other.

VXR
I bought the GT3 RS the other night and took it around Bathurst, left it on Sport Hard tyres and drove TCS off. What a pig. Lateral grip was non existent on the opening corner of the rolling start and it oversteered wildly when the chassis itself is naturally prone to understeer if it is not set up for a corner. This was trying to turn a car renowned for its grip and poise at 25mph for heaven's sake. As a first impression, it was terrible.

Basically, it was driving like the most exaggerated widow maker stories about old SWB 911s and 930 Turbos.

These were my same impressions, doubt it rides like that in person, they need to fix it.

Back