European GT2 Series 1 - Nemesis-Reaper is the champion!PS4 

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 477 comments

Which day works best for you? Up to 2 choices - please comment with extra details

• Monday

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
I just spent about an hour to make sure tyres were lasting. I went with softs, and at stock they were cooking quite easily.

Think I may have dropped gear ratio too as didn't get near topping out.

For these races it'll be medium or hard tyres depending on pace and how nice you are to them. Tyre pressure changes can make a huge difference as well to stop them cooking.

For these races it'll be medium or hard tyres depending on pace and how nice you are to them. Tyre pressure changes can make a huge difference as well to stop them cooking.

Ah, sorry did I miss a tyre stipulation?

Didn't recall seeing anything in first few posts, but may have missed in open discussion!

Cheers

I just spent about an hour to make sure tyres were lasting. I went with softs, and at stock they were cooking quite easily.

Think I may have dropped gear ratio too as didn't get near topping out.

Yeah,I found the same with the softs so I raced the mediums,left the car stock other than shorter gears and more down force.

Qualifying and race results from Monday night. Points are as follows:

LMP:
1st - mightylieven - 7 points
2nd - ajh_1990 - 6

GT:
1st - geordie139 - 9 points
2nd - Nemesis-Reaper - 8
3rd - gt6champnk69 - 7
4th - twiggllett - 6
5th - robqt - 5

Attachments

• Qualifying.jpg
    Qualifying.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 21
  • Results.jpg
    Results.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 21
Hi guys, anyone run any practice laps at Spa yet?

I'm interested to see how my times stack up against the GT2 class, I was a couple of seconds off the best time at Silverstone. Even though I managed to keep @gt6champnk69 behind me for the first half of the race, I'm pretty sure it was only a matter of time before he found a comfortable spot to pass (If it wasn't for the miss-fortune of having to pit).

That's racing though, but would be nice to get a feel of the competition ;)

Also @andrew1990, have you considered anymore about continuing with the LMP1 class? It would be good for you guys to have the extra competition within the class, but just having two cars seems a little... processional!
Lastly should we have a mandatory Pit Stop?

Cheers

Hi guys, anyone run any practice laps at Spa yet?

I'm interested to see how my times stack up against the GT2 class, I was a couple of seconds off the best time at Silverstone. Even though I managed to keep @gt6champnk69 behind me for the first half of the race, I'm pretty sure it was only a matter of time before he found a comfortable spot to pass (If it wasn't for the miss-fortune of having to pit).

That's racing though, but would be nice to get a feel of the competition ;)

Also @andrew1990, have you considered anymore about continuing with the LMP1 class? It would be good for you guys to have the extra competition within the class, but just having two cars seems a little... processional!
Lastly should we have a mandatory Pit Stop?

Cheers
Hi @hobbsy . I hope I don't have that Issue on the Monday race at SPA Francorchamps. I did actually run some hotlaps yesterday. Here Is my three best lap times, the first with full fuel tank, number two and three with 12 liter.
2:25.212 full fuel tank, race pace
2:24.923 - 12 liter
2:23+ - 12 liter
:cheers:👍. How fast has you got @hobbsy ?:)

Hi @hobbsy . I hope I don't have that Issue on the Monday race at SPA Francorchamps. I did actually run some hotlaps yesterday. Here Is my three best lap times, the first with full fuel tank, number two and three with 12 liter.
2:25.212 full fuel tank, race pace
2:24.923 - 12 liter
2:23+ - 12 liter
:cheers:👍. How fast has you got @hobbsy ?:)

Thanks for the feedback GT, at the start i was running 2:26 or high 25's which I thought seemed OK until I ran a stock Vette for a couple of laps... which I comfortably got into a mid 23... :( That car is a beast, and very well planted... Why did I not pick that :confused: :dunce:. I do like the scream of the BMW though :sly:

So I spent some time in the Garage with pit crew and managed to get a final time (on mediums too ;) ) of 2:22.3xx
However I stopped soon after this, as it was late, so I'm not sure for how long or consistent that pace will stand!
That was with a 20l of fuel (with fuel consumption off), I did however also have ABS Off, so there may be some small consistency gains if that's on.
The above was with a track temp at 23, as i forgot to update it.

I'll be on again tonight to try some long runs, and double check fuel rate.

Close competition yet again @hobbsy 👍:cheers:. Oh, that sounds great, could you send me a pm message about how much fuel is needed for the race, I may do the same, but should I miss to do so.
I look forward to some great good racing on Monday Hobbsy, and to all off you:):gtplanet:, cheers

Yeah I can send you a PM, however different cars & settings will have different fuel rates so make sure you check for your own setup 👍

Here's hoping for some great racing again, maybe we can close the gap on @GT Flaw aka geordie139, this time :sly:

Also welcome aboard @walker177 :gtpflag:👍

I have thought about it hobbsy. Need to have a chat with MightyL tonight. Definitely at that point where it would make sense to have us all one race rather than 2 separate and lapping everyone and not really racing.

Hi!

I was thinking about signing up in a P1 car. I like the car so I hope it stays in the championship.
GT Flaw invited me, thanks mate.

Hi bud,glad you came,been a looong time since we raced.

What track temp will we be running?

Had an hour on Spa at 24c,best so far is 2:20.4xx on mediums with low fuel.

Hi!

I was thinking about signing up in a P1 car. I like the car so I hope it stays in the championship.
GT Flaw invited me, thanks mate.

Thanks for the interest. I am leaning towards just GT2 as it'll also give me more of a chance to race against someone.

Will you post the room name and password here?

Just tried to PM you and not able to. Room name is 'European GT2' and password is 'zoomzoom'

If anyone new is joining then please state which car you plan to use from the ones that are free:
BMW M3 GT2 x 2 free
Chevrolet Corvette C7R x 1 free
Ferrari 458 GT2 x 2 free

Last edited:
Had 2 random disconnections during qualy,let's hope my connection lasts the race.

And another d/c at the end of qualy so I've missed the race :@

Last edited:
Shame about the dc @GT Flaw. Hopefully better next week.

I had a spin on lap 1 and a couple of slow down penalties from understeer through Eau Rouge putting me off line. Car felt good though and my pace was better than practice. We have some fast people in this series!

Could everyone let me know where they qualified please? I missed getting a screenshot from qualifying and went to try and get the times when I spun on lap 1, but they weren't there unfortunately.

Thanks again and see you next week for 23 laps of Mugello!

thx for the hosting andrew!
real pity you got dc'ed GTFlaw. would have loved racing you.
Again we really need to know what's the time difference of the guys ahead and behind. I had no idea how to control my pace not knowing where Robqt was compared to myself.
I qualified first andrew. 1'18'422 :). the corvette is such a beast.

There is one hud option that shows what should be gaps between cars, but they really don't seem right to me.

Qualified 2nd from last, 25.8 something

Thanks for hosting the race Andrew.
I feel for you GTFlaw, better luck next time.

Oh man, I can't remember, I think I qualified 5th.

Thank guys for a great race yet again.
I had a great last stint pic battle against Nemesis-Reaper, managed to hold him behind me, but god damn, my cat suddenly hopped on my legs when I attacked eau rouge on the last lap, and I got a 10 second penalty and lost my third place position.
Congratulations to the top three, and for the race victory to mightylieven.

Somebody also just send me off down in the slow right hander after the Kemmel straight, I know it wasn't on purpose, but it was quite annoying, no fence mate, be more careful enter the track next time mate, and look in your rear mirror:tup::cheers:

Back