European GT2 Series 1 - Nemesis-Reaper is the champion!PS4 

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 477 comments

Which day works best for you? Up to 2 choices - please comment with extra details

• Monday

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Well that was an even more EPIC race tonight!!!

Great fun chasing down gt6, shame about the last lap. It was all set for an immense last lap battle. :guilty:

I have some apologies to make though, after a great first lap (almost) I fudged the last chicane and bumped of one of the two corvettes that caught me back up. I ended up to close the the Ferrari ahead of me in 2nd, and understeered so lost my rythem. Sorry guys,

And second apology is for Twigglett, as I muscled my way past more than I would normally do, which was again at the last chicane before the start/finish.
Looking back at the video, I was too far back and tried to make up too much ground under braking. I made it stop, but it was very much a block pass. Sorry dude

Otherwise a great race, that left me with only 0.5l in the tank as I crossed the line :scared:

mightylieven 2'18'422
geordie 2'20'057
robqt 2'20'100
buybon 2'20'943
walleyuk 2'21'215
gt6champion 2'21'486
nemesis-reaper 2'22'652
twiggllett 2'25'809
ajh 2'26'338

I wouldn't worry too much about my pace guys. Spa is just my hometrack. I'm belgian... Let's see what mugello brings. If the difference stays, I'm willing to change for the ferrari or BMW think those are a bit behind in pace compared to the vette.

Last edited:
Qualifying (we can fill in the gaps):
1st: mightylieven 2'18'422
2nd: geordie139 2'20'057
3rd: robqt 2'20'100
4th: buybon355 2'20'943
5th: walleyuk 2'21'215
6th: gt6champnk69 2'21'486
7th: Nemesis-Reaper 2'22'652
8th: twiggllett 2'25'809
9th: ajh_1990 2'26'338

Race results in the attached photo. walleyuk was a retirement and GT Flaw a disconnect if I have it correct? Please correct me if wrong/missed anything!

Points are reset as we're now in one class. I hope people don't mind, but it puts everyone at the same starting point.

2nd: robqt 15
3rd: Nemesis-Reaper 14
4th: gt6champnk69 13
5th: buybon355 12
6th: twiggllett 11
7th: ajh_1990 10
8th: walleyuk 8
9th: GT Flaw 6

How much did you put in the tank @hobbsy?

Thanks again for turning up everyone and I'm glad you all enjoyed it! Mugello next week then a break as I'll be getting back from the Spa 24 the following Monday. Then it's back on with the season all the way to the end! :)

Attachments

• Spa GT2 Results.jpg
    Spa GT2 Results.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I had 53l in the tank... I did a little maths a couple of nights ago, but for some reason I thought it was 16 laps :embarrassed: having added a little extra, it was clearly scientifically well calculated :scared:

I thought we were running Hard or Medium tyres for race run?

I guess some of you guys also ran softs and low fuel for qualifying? I was low on time before the race so did think much about it.

Also having checked back on video it was @gt6champnk69 who I bump off 1st Lap, sorry dude it was no way intentional, to quote an BTCC touring car driver "I ran out of talent" :embarrassed:

Qualifying (we can fill in the gaps):
1st: mightylieven 2'18'422
2nd: geordie139 2'20'057
3rd: robqt 2'20'100
4th: buybon355 2'20'943
5th: walleyuk 2'21'215
6th: gt6champnk69 2'21'486
7th: Nemesis-Reaper 2'22'652
8th: twiggllett 2'25'809
9th: ajh_1990 2'26'338

Race results in the attached photo. walleyuk was a retirement and GT Flaw a disconnect if I have it correct? Please correct me if wrong/missed anything!

Points are reset as we're now in one class. I hope people don't mind, but it puts everyone at the same starting point.

2nd: robqt 15
3rd: Nemesis-Reaper 14
4th: gt6champnk69 13
5th: buybon355 12
6th: twiggllett 11
7th: ajh_1990 10
8th: GT Flaw None yet
9th: geordie139 None yet
10th: walleyuk None yet

How much did you put in the tank @hobbsy?

Thanks again for turning up everyone and I'm glad you all enjoyed it! Mugello next week then a break as I'll be getting back from the Spa 24 the following Monday. Then it's back on with the season all the way to the end! :)

Yeah,my connection went to **** again.

You've got me listed twice in the points,8th place is my username,9th place is my psn.

I should really create a new gt planet account to get my names matching,would be much easier.

How to better serve a Penalty,

I know it's a little late now, but I have a suggestion of how and when you would serve a Penalty.

From my recollection you do not need to immediately serve the penalty upon receiving it, if I recall you have until the end of the lap to serve the slow down timer. So don't panic, use the natural flow of the circuit to reduce the severity of the penalty.

For instance @gt6champnk69 recieved a 10sec slow down for going wide at Raidillon, he almost immediately pulled across to the left and came off the gas/accelerator. Giving up all his speed at the start of a long straight, he would no doubt have to accelerate again after the 10seconds elapsed, and Long before the corners of Les combes. Meaning he would have to slow down for a second time on the kemmel straight.

He could have chosen to continue down the kemmel straight at full speed, and at the when safe to do so, moved off the racing line and judged it right so came of the accelerator early enough to coast into the braking zone. If judged right, he could have saved the last bit of his 10sec penalty for a late braking point into the right, or carried the last bit of speed through. As one as you do not touch the accelerator and I think it's best to leave it in gear. You can then optimise the amount of time you lose from the penalty. This would have worked well as there was only us two cars in the vicinity, if it was at the start of the race there would be more cars to consider.

Just a thought you may wish to consider, this would how I would have worked the penalty, and as long as you do not impede others I cannot see any problem with taking this approach.

Laters

Totally agree, you could also take it later in the lap where speeds are lower, therefore losing less time, for example taking the situation above, you could go through les coombes and then roll down the hill to the right hander, which is a much slower speed section.

One of those things where having a plan in your head can save you time in the race

A thought about points n not finishing. I feel like flaw is disadvantaged towards his chances in the championship by being disconnected. I think it would be more fair if he does get points for finishing last. A gap of 10 points is impossible to overcome with only single points difference for finishers. Missing out the racing fun by being disconnected is already enough of a punishment.

I really don't mind either way. As frustrating as it is at the time I just see my disconnections as mechanical failures.

Hi All,
Can I tentatively put my name down for the 14th at Mugello.
I've raced with Mighty and Buybon before on GT5/6 and Pcars.

I haven't played AC much at all and was looking on here for a possible series to join and yours sounded spot on.
I'm definitely a noob at AC so I'm not planning on ruffling any feathers and will be happy tootling around at the back staying out of everyone's way.

Hi All,
Can I tentatively put my name down for the 14th at Mugello.
I've raced with Mighty and Buybon before on GT5/6 and Pcars.

I haven't played AC much at all and was looking on here for a possible series to join and yours sounded spot on.
I'm definitely a noob at AC so I'm not planning on ruffling any feathers and will be happy tootling around at the back staying out of everyone's way.

You're more than welcome! Let me know which car you want to use and hopefully see you next Monday! I presume you mean the 24th not the 14th?

Latest Posts

Back