Exclusive GT6 Paint Chip Database *Updated 19/03/15 - GT5 DLC chips now complete*

Hi @Malcolm Tucker . I was just checking out the thumbnails in the OP and I noticed that a few are either misdirecting or just not working at all. The Blue Metallic has decided to spill its borders and invade the Arancia Orange Metallic land. The Mattes are the only other problem I could find but they are not answering the door from 1-7 or at #11. The Brown Matte has invaded the Red and Pink territory and the Dark Red and light red are now somehow Matte Orange.

Excellent job with the car selection as many of these paints(polarized) needed a contoured surface for best visual effect..👍 :cheers:

:ouch: @Rit Thanks for the heads-up mate 👍 I'm not sure where to go from here because I just cut and paste the pics from the people who took them so this is going to be a bit of a headache to figure out :scared: I need to concentrate on finishing the OP update I think and then figure out what went wrong with the links

These should all work.
I rearranged the matte's as there were no place holders in the previous way it was done. And i like this way as the five colors with dark and light variants are better together.

Blue Metallic (Rocket) / Pearl Orange (Rocket) / Arancia Metallic Orange

Mattes.

Blue / Green / Red / Gray / Silver(Placeholder)

Light: Blue / Green / Red / Gray / Silver

Dark: Blue(Placeholder) / Green / Red / Gray / Silver

Purple / Pink / Orange / Yellow / Brown

White / Black

Obtainable mattes trough dealership.

Marrone Apus / Nero Nemesis / Bianco Canopus / AMG Monza Grau Magno / designo magno alanitgrau

Black (LFA) / Black (FT-86)

*Matte Black order of chips in the paintshop is: Seaonal Prize, GT-86, LFA. The first chip has a much lighter thumbnail.

Also three new chips are available in the seasonals.

- Military 010-C

- Old Gen 006-W

- Metallic 009-W

I added them together with what you got in the OP. Plus the pasteltone 010-W was missing.

GT Military:
001-C / 002-W / 003-W / 004-W / 005-W

006-W / 007-W / 008-W / 009-W / 010-W

GT Metallic:
001-C / 002-C / 003-C / 004-C / 005-W

006 -W / 007-W / 008-W / 009-W / 010-W

GT Old Generation:
001-W / 002-W / 003-W / 004-W / 005-W

006-W / Placeholder / 008-C / Placeholder / 010-C
b7pZ9AM.jpg

GT Pasteltone:
001-C / Placeholder / 003-W / 004-C / Placeholder
b7pZ9AM.jpg
b7pZ9AM.jpg

006-W / Placeholder / 008-W / 009-W / 010-W
b7pZ9AM.jpg

Last edited:
New chips in the Seasonals.

- Matte Black. (New chip with a grey icon. If you got all three matte blacks they are top to bottom: Price chip, FT-86, LFA)
- Pastel Tone 008-W
- Old Gen 003-W

Reissue:

- Chrome 006-W

Matte Black (Seasonal Prize)

OldGen 003-W

Pastel Tone 008-W

I also will go with the Blue Metallic from the Rocket, instead the one from the TommyKaira.

Here is the TommyKaira One.

And this is the Rocket version.

The post above this one has been updated to include the new ones.

Last edited:
OP is finally up to date! Apologies for the delay :embarrassed: I think all is ok now, I just need to improve the layout a bit and do an intro and some brief descriptions etc.

One thing I'm undecided on is Dealership chips. I've left them out for now as I think they deserve a separate thread, for any chip that can be obtained with in-game credits. So this thread would be for Seasonal, 15th Anniversary and any possible DLC chips we may or may not get in the future. Thoughts?

That would be the 18 colorshifts and 7 matte's. I would like to see them included here.
Separate below the other ones. So they are easy comparable to the seasonal ones.
Those pictures also have already been posted in this topic.

I don't see much use in making a separate topic with in time all paintchips. (For one it is very difficult to tell them apart. As GT dropped the car brand to keep the paints categorized. ) And these matte and colorshifts are a bit more special to me than the more standard colors.

I agree. 👍 I think it would be very convenient to just have one thread to reference as opposed to two or more. Everything in one central location....makes things nice and easy for people seeking to compare or otherwise reference the different paint chips. :) The thread we had for paints in GT5 was awesome and I am in the opinion of that this one should follow the same type of format. I really see no need to scatter things about.

New ones, a bit late I know. :D

Dark Blue Matte added to the list.

Dark Blue / Green / Red / Gray / Silver

GT-Grey 005-N added.

001-N / 002-N / Placeholder / Placeholder / 005-N
b7pZ9AM.jpg
b7pZ9AM.jpg

GT Old Generation 007-W and GT Old Generation 009-C added.

006-W / 007-W/ 008-C / 009-C / 010-C

Last edited:
Two new ones.

GT Fluorescence 006-W and GT Japanese 001-C. There also is again a pearl Orange. Not sure wich one it is yet, so will see how to categorize that one later.

Fluorescence 006-W / Placeholder / Placeholder / Placeholder / Placeholder

001-C / 002-C* / 003-W / 004-W / 005-W***

I notice that the GT Japanese 001-C paint has been shuffled in with the solids in the game section. I've always felt that this chip was a Matte black paint if I ever saw one...Just my two cents...:gtplanet:

Amazing thread, great to see how it's evolved over the months - great team work. 👍

Now for possibly a dumb question - does anyone know what the last letter mean in the prize paint chips? e.g. C/N/W/P etc - I initially thought it was related to the type of paint finish (solid/metallic etc), but that doesn't chime as there are Ps, Ws, Cs all over the place, though admittedly Ns seem restricted to greys. :confused:

Could you copy thes to the OP too? What is there now is missing a few links.

Obtainable mattes trough dealership.

Marrone Apus / Nero Nemesis / Bianco Canopus / AMG Monza Grau Magno / designo magno alanitgrau

Black (LFA) / Black (FT-86)

*Matte Black order of chips in the paintshop is: Seaonal Prize, GT-86, LFA. The first chip has a much lighter thumbnail.

Last edited:
New ones.

Matte Silver

Pastel 007-C

Grey 003-N

Grey 004-N

And I put them in the correct lines here:

Mattes.

Blue / Green / Red / Gray / Silver

GT Pasteltone:

006-W / 007-C / 008-W / 009-W / 010-W

GT Grey

001-N / 002-N / 003-N / 004-N / 005-N

Last edited:
3 new ones.

GT grey 006-N

GT Grey 007-N

GT Pasteltone 002-C

And with them in the correct lines:

GT Grey
006-N / 007-N / 008-N / 009-N / 010-N

GT Pasteltone:
001-C / 002-C / 003-W / 004-C / Placeholder
b7pZ9AM.jpg

So we now have complete:
Matte, Grey, Gunmetal, Japanese, Metallic, Oldgen, Polarized and Military.

The only ones that are missing are:

Chrome 002
Fluor 007,008,009,010
Pastel 005

So only 6 chips from the 122 remain..

@Malcolm Tucker
There are two doubles in the matte dealerchips you did in the OP.

Last edited:
Updated 👍 So only Chrome 002 and Fluorescents 009 and 010 to go!

In the Seasonal Mattes, we have three silvers and three greys but they are all different chips. I assume two of each are actually the Dark and Light variants, would anyone be able to confirm which ones need re-tagging?

Thanks. Why would any of those mattes need retaggiing? They are in the same place as i put them when they arrived.
So they all are correct.

First line is the standard mattes, the one below that one are all the light variants, and below that are the dark variants.
Light and dark is only mentioned with the blue chips but goes for the whole line.

So like this:
Blue / Green / Red / Gray / Silver
L.Blue / L.Green / L.Red / L.Gray / L.Silver
D.Blue / D.Green / D.Red / D.Gray / D.Silver

I picked up Fluorescent-010 last night. I painted my car with it but, oddly, it looks exactly like Fluorescent-009 in this scene.
Re-painted the same car several times, back and forth, with 009 and 010 and they still come out looking identical.
They are obviously different in the paint booth. 009 is definitely Pink and 010 is definitely Purple. But once I place them in Photo Travel, they come out looking the same.

Anyone else have this problem?

Back