Exclusive GT6 Paint Chip Database *Updated 19/03/15 - GT5 DLC chips now complete*

Great! Looks like all work is devided than.
Thanks for your time again!

@Jbaffoh
Could you please change the name to Alfa Romeo instead of Alpha Romeo in post 200?
I would have send a PM, but your profile is blocked.
LOL!

That's what I get for posting before coffee. I can't believe how badly I botched that name.

GT6 Matte's 001-018

There also are three new races online. Two give paintchips we already have. For those who missed them they are:

- GT Chrome 005-C
- GT Polarized 004-P

The new one is GT Metallic 006-W.

I will get a shot of it once i win it. :D

Added Metallic 006-W to the pictures. :cheers:

Last edited:
Great work.
You might want to add "designo magno alanitgrau" under Matte paints.
It is from the SLS AMG.

Great work.
You might want to add "designo magno alanitgrau" under Matte paints.
It is from the SLS AMG.

Thanks! Paint has been added to the overview.

If anybody finds anymore chips that are missing please let us know.

@Jbaffoh (Like this because of impossible PM)
@Malcolm Tucker

I am waiting for that OP update. As actually most work has been done for that. You mentioned to have time for it on tuesday. (which is 3 days ago by now)
Do you have the time to make a nice overview or should Jbaffoh, Sidebrowns or me start a new topic in the general section for these paint chips? You did mention you would like to give control of this OP to someone else.

You could maintain the seasonal updates in this one.

Last edited:
@Jbaffoh (Like this because of impossible PM)
@Malcolm Tucker

I am waiting for that OP update. As actually most work has been done for that. You mentioned to have time for it on tuesday. (which is 3 days ago by now)
Do you have the time to make a nice overview or should Jbaffoh, Sidebrowns or me start a new topic in the general section for these paint chips? You did mention you would like to give control of this OP to someone else.

You could maintain the seasonal updates in this one.
This thread is Malcolm's great idea, but he seems pretty busy with real life. Let's hear what he has to say.

After all, the OP only needs 3-4 chips updated once per week after SideBrowns and I finish our parts. It doesn't require constant attention.

Edit:

Anniversary Edition Chromes:

GT6 Chrome 001 / GT6 Chrome 002 / GT6 Chrome 003 / GT6 Chrome 004 / GT6 Chrome 005

GT6 Chrome 006 / GT6 Chrome 007 / GT6 Chrome 008 / GT6 Chrome 009 / GT6 Chrome 010

GT6 Chrome 011 / GT6 Chrome 012 / GT6 Chrome 013 / GT6 Chrome 014 / GT6 Chrome 015

GT6 Chrome 016

Edit 2:

Whether we keep this thread here, or start a new one somewhere else, I would like to organize it like this: One post with all Seasonal chips (and ONLY seasonal chips); one post with all Anniversary chips (and ONLY anniversary chips); and one post with dealership chips. Further, each of the three posts should be organized by category, i.e. Solid, Metallic, Pearlescent, Color Shift, Matte and Chrome (in that order). Also, I would like each row of 5 thumbnails to have the name of the chips written across the top (rather than a list of 50 chips followed by 50 thumbnails). Does anyone disagree? I can do this today.

Edit 3: Here are two examples: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nder-construction.311983/page-6#post-10115703 and https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...nder-construction.311983/page-7#post-10120636

I did all the Seasonal chips there. I also re-ordered the mattes in the order of the paint menu in gt6. All other chips are either in numerical or alphabetical order.

Edit 4:

Anniversary Edition Paint Chips:

METALLIC:

GT6 Metallic 001-022

COLOR SHIFT:

GT6 Polarized 001 / GT6 Polarized 002 / GT6 Polarized 003 / GT6 Polarized 004 / GT6 Polarized 005

GT6 Polarized 006 / GT6 Polarized 007 / GT6 Polarized 008 / GT6 Polarized 009 / GT6 Polarized 010

GT6 Polarized 011 / GT6 Polarized 012 / GT6 Polarized 013 / GT6 Polarized 014 / GT6 Polarized 015

GT6 Polarized 016 / GT6 Polarized 017 / GT6 Polarized 018 / GT6 Polarized 019 / GT6 Polarized 020

GT6 Polarized 021 / GT6 Polarized 022 / GT6 Polarized 023 / GT6 Polarized 024 / GT6 Polarized 025

GT6 Polarized 026 / GT6 Polarized 027 / GT6 Polarized 028 / GT6 Polarized 029 / GT6 Polarized 030

GT6 Polarized 031 / GT6 Polarized 032 / GT6 Polarized 033 / GT6 Polarized 034 / GT6 Polarized 035

GT6 Polarized 036 / GT6 Polarized 037 / GT6 Polarized 038 / GT6 Polarized 039 / GT6 Polarized 040

GT6 Polarized 041 / GT6 Polarized 042 / GT6 Polarized 043 / GT6 Polarized 044

MATTE:

GT6 Matte 001 / GT6 Matte 002 / GT6 Matte 003 / GT6 Matte 004 / GT6 Matte 005

GT6 Matte 006 / GT6 Matte 007 / GT6 Matte 008 / GT6 Matte 009 / GT6 Matte 010

GT6 Matte 011 / GT6 Matte 012 / GT6 Matte 013 / GT6 Matte 014 / GT6 Matte 015

GT6 Matte 016 / GT6 Matte 017 / GT6 Matte 018

CHROME:

GT6 Chrome 001 / GT6 Chrome 002 / GT6 Chrome 003 / GT6 Chrome 004 / GT6 Chrome 005

GT6 Chrome 006 / GT6 Chrome 007 / GT6 Chrome 008 / GT6 Chrome 009 / GT6 Chrome 010

GT6 Chrome 011 / GT6 Chrome 012 / GT6 Chrome 013 / GT6 Chrome 014 / GT6 Chrome 015

GT6 Chrome 016

Last edited:
Very sorry everyone, I got disconnected on Tuesday evening and and only managed to pay the debt today :guilty: I still aim to get this thread sorted, there's a lot to read through and figure out but you've all made it as easy as possible for me, thank you 👍

I understand people's frustrations, I had the best intentions when I started the thread but I let it slip a bit. I'm gonna concentrate on updating the OP tomorrow and then think about a few of the things you guys have said and where it goes from here.

Very sorry everyone, I got disconnected on Tuesday evening and and only managed to pay the debt today :guilty: I still aim to get this thread sorted, there's a lot to read through and figure out but you've all made it as easy as possible for me, thank you 👍

I understand people's frustrations, I had the best intentions when I started the thread but I let it slip a bit. I'm gonna concentrate on updating the OP tomorrow and then think about a few of the things you guys have said and where it goes from here.
Hey, no problem!

@Sidebrowns is going to post the GT6 Anniversary Metallics, which will complete my compilation of Anniversary chips above. That post also contains links to a comprehensive list of Seasonal chips, and a list of all color shifts and mattes in the dealership. These can be cut-and-pasted to the OP.

How do you feel about that, @Ramanujan?

Last edited:
I am very happy Malcolm is back online. So the way i wanted this topic to evolve becomes possible again. Therefore i disagree with Jbaffoh with the splitting up of everything in three topics. If Malcolm makes this OP include all of the chips i think it has more value than splitting this up in three topics.

All mattes should be together in my view and with splitting up this would cover three topics. So nobody could make an easy comparisment between them.
Further more i like the chips in groups of 10 like i did. With 5 pictures with the names writen above i don't quite like the look of it.

This is pure based on aesthetics.

For comparison:

MATTE:

GT6 Matte's 001-018

GT6 Chrome 001 - 016

Compared to->

MATTE:

GT6 Matte 001 / GT6 Matte 002 / GT6 Matte 003 / GT6 Matte 004 / GT6 Matte 005

GT6 Matte 006 / GT6 Matte 007 / GT6 Matte 008 / GT6 Matte 009 / GT6 Matte 010

GT6 Matte 011 / GT6 Matte 012 / GT6 Matte 013 / GT6 Matte 014 / GT6 Matte 015

GT6 Matte 016 / GT6 Matte 017 / GT6 Matte 018

GT6 Chrome 016

But as i want Malcolm to do this OP, it really is his call.

Last edited:
The point of this thread was to easily find what chips were offered in the seasonals. Period.

Then, Anniversaries were added. Then dealerships. Lumping them altogether makes it more complicated to find seasonals and anniversaries. It needs to be simplified.

These need to be organized so people can find them in their categories.

Malcolm started this thread, and I provided the lists and organization until the last couple of weeks. If you have a different vision, take it away from the Seasonal topic.

As for aesthetics, you really want people to count 44 chips to figure out which one they like? Get real. That's absurd.

I also thought it was in poor taste to criticize Malcolm for not responding in 4 days, then editing to correct and say 3 days. Seriously, what's your problem?

Last edited:
I think people are able to count to ten.
And by putting 10 pictures together, than adding the extra space before going to the next 10 this will enable them to go up to 100. So 44 is not a big stretch.

For the category this topic is placed in that is the seasonal sub forum.
But as this gets filled with all chips it would go to general anyway. So i see no point in maintaining a separate topic with the other colors.

So we disagree, that is no problem as Malcolm can choose what he wants with this topic and if there are any left over colors we put them in a new topic. I am fine with both options.

I also thought it was in poor taste to criticize Malcolm for not responding in 4 days, then editing to correct and say 3 days. Seriously, what's your problem?

I made an error and corrected it( 4 was incorrect and 3 was correct, also the first comment i made seemed a bit harsh once i read it again. So i restyled it a bit. You probably noticed this.). I have no other problem than to try to get our work the attention it deserves in this forum. If you have a problem with me please let me know. I just try to get this information out in the best way possible.

Last edited:
** Pearl Orange is also available in the KTM dealership.
How certain are you this [Pearl Orange] is the chip awarded in a past seasonal event? I had both chips in question at the time of the seasonal event and could only go by the color teased in the thumbnail (there was a big difference between the two of this particular name), fairly certain that it was a match to the Light Car Company Rocket '07 and not the KTM X-Bow Street '12. I was able to confirm the Blue Metallic as having been a match to the one available from the Light Car Company Rocket '07 by winning the chip on a secondary account created specifically for this purpose and then purchasing cars in that named color to see if the color count changed. It only seems logical that this was the case for Pearl Orange as well. Just sayin'. Oh and you can add a similar annotation for the former. Good work on the list regardless.
I haven't seen Arancia Orange Metallic on any cars in the dealership.
With all oranges purchased and accounted for, I can confirm that there is no Arancia Orange Metallic available on a car for purchase and so far the only way to obtain it is by having completed the seasonal event that awarded it.

I don't have a problem with you--you've done a ton of work and helped us to also pitch together and get a ton of work done.

But I think the seasonals deserve their own thread. I also think the anniversaries deserve their own thread because not everybody has them. I also think there should be a comprehensive thread with everything.

As for aesthetics, I think it needs to be simple for everyone. My job as a trial lawyer is to make evidence so simple that it's obvious to jurors without thinking about it. My wife's job as a retail store designer and visual merchandiser is to make purchasing decisions so obvious and intuitive that they don't have to think about it. We don't need people to have to count multiple rows--that is unnessesary and avoidable.

When I look for a chip, I want to know (1) it's category, and (2) where I can find it. So I need to know if it's a missed seasonal, an AE (which many don't have), or where in the dealership I can find it.

Edit: Also, consider this: 99% of the time, I access this site from my phone--and I'm not alone in that. The only time I use the computer is to post pics. So everything I see is one pic per line. It's much easier to keep track of groups of 5 pics, than 10 or 44 when viewing them on a small screen.

Last edited:
How certain are you this [Pearl Orange] is the chip awarded in a past seasonal event? I had both chips in question at the time of the seasonal event and could only go by the color teased in the thumbnail (there was a big difference between the two of this particular name), fairly certain that it was a match to the Light Car Company Rocket '07 and not the KTM X-Bow Street '12. I was able to confirm the Blue Metallic as having been a match to the one available from the Light Car Company Rocket '07 by winning the chip on a secondary account created specifically for this purpose and then purchasing cars in that named color to see if the color count changed. It only seems logical that this was the case for Pearl Orange as well. Just sayin'. Oh and you can add a similar annotation for the former. Good work on the list regardless.

With all oranges purchased and accounted for, I can confirm that there is no Arancia Orange Metallic available on a car for purchase and so far the only way to obtain it is by having completed the seasonal event that awarded it.
Good point about Pearl Orange. I need to go back to my earlier posts. Whatever I said when it was first released is correct--because I verified it then.

You have more chips than anyone I'm aware of. Would you be interested in shooting pics of a color or two? I only have about 740 chips, so my efforts would be incomplete.

Would you be interested in shooting pics of a color or two?
Any in particular? I take it the Gemasolar shots shown are a default vehicle position for quick and consistent results. Just did some reading back and have found some discussion of the location and subject mattr but I can't do anything els until morning (later in the morning). 3:00am and I desperately need to crash.

Last edited:
Any in particular? I take it the Gemasolar shots shown are a default vehicle position for quick and consistent results. Just did some reading back and have found some discussion of the location and subject mattr but I can't do anything els until morning (later in the morning). 3:00am and I desperately need to crash.
Tex, we're shooting at Gemasolar 1, at f45, and hitting auto focus in the default position. I have most reds and oranges, and probably all purples. Not many blues. I'm thinking of a way where I could post what I have and have someone like you check my work and fill in the gaps.

Well I stayed awake all night for the F1 and I'm still a little drunk so a few hours sleep is on the cards for me now :lol:

I think what I'll do is only include Seasonal and Anniversary chips, or any paint chip that can't be obtained through the dealership. Including others will likely clutter the OP too much and make it harder for people to find something specific. There's a couple of paint threads already that I think would suit that information more, and they're not particularly 'exclusive' chips if you can get them from the dealership. My original idea was a quick reference thread rather than an all-encompassing paint chip encyclopedia (I'd love to see that thread but I'm not the guy to compile it!).

The Pearl Orange, Blue Metallic and Arancia Orange are the sore thumbs, they are the only chips so far that aren't part of the GT5 DLC packs I think? I'm sure all the info was correct at the time of writing but it will need another look it seems.

See you this evening, if the OP isn't fully updated in 24 hours then I'll accept any forfeit that you guys wanna throw at me :cheers:

Starting to update the OP now. It's going to be a bit messy for a while whilst I figure out the layout and make sure everything that's needed is included

Great work Malcolm. This OP probably will be very soon stickied.
I am missing the placeholders for Matte Silver and Matte Dark Blue, but i understand that as Jbaffoh also left those out.

And by looking at his edited posts i think the dealerchips colors get their own section too.

I am very happy with the result of everbody working together. Thanks all! :bowdown::cheers:

How certain are you this [Pearl Orange] is the chip awarded in a past seasonal event?
Not sure at all, and now i looked again i am sure i took the wrong paintchip. (I made that picture)
I used the KTM one, and that was the wrong one. So this chip has a match with another car i think.

I just checked and it is the rocket's Pearl Orange.

Here is the correct picture.

Not sure about the blue but if you know for sure it is the Rocket again, than i probably have a picture of the TommyKaira chip. Not sure how to check. As i got both chips and both cars on two accounts.

Last edited:
New seasonals. With two repeated chips:

Japanese 008-W
Polarized 007-P

And two new ones:

Military 009-W

Pasteltone 010-W

Last edited:
I finally got to capturing the GT6 Metallics 1-22, sorry for the delay guys. I will have them uploaded and posted by Saturday at the latest.

METALLIC

GT6 Metallic 001 / GT6 Metallic 002 / GT6 Metallic 003 / GT6 Metallic 004 / GT6 Metallic 005

GT6 Metallic 006 / GT6 Metallic 007 / GT6 Metallic 008 / GT6 Metallic 009 / GT6 Metallic 010

GT6 Metallic 011 / GT6 Metallic 012 Anniversary Dark Blue / GT6 Metallic 013 Anniversary Light Blue / GT6 Metallic 014 / GT6 Metallic 015

GT6 Metallic 016 / GT6 Metallic 017 / GT6 Metallic 018 / GT6 Metallic 019 / GT6 Metallic 020

GT6 Metallic 021 / GT6 Metallic 022

Sorry for the delay guys, Malcolm, here are the GT6 Metallics. I copied your formatting so hopefully it's just a copy/paste job for you to complete your OP. :cheers:

METALLIC

GT6 Metallic 001 / GT6 Metallic 002 / GT6 Metallic 003 / GT6 Metallic 004 / GT6 Metallic 005

GT6 Metallic 006 / GT6 Metallic 007 / GT6 Metallic 008 / GT6 Metallic 009 / GT6 Metallic 010

GT6 Metallic 011 / GT6 Metallic 012 Anniversary Dark Blue / GT6 Metallic 013 Anniversary Light Blue / GT6 Metallic 014 / GT6 Metallic 015

GT6 Metallic 016 / GT6 Metallic 017 / GT6 Metallic 018 / GT6 Metallic 019 / GT6 Metallic 020

GT6 Metallic 021 / GT6 Metallic 022

Sorry for the delay guys, Malcolm, here are the GT6 Metallics. I copied your formatting so hopefully it's just a copy/paste job for you to complete your OP. :cheers:

Good job! 👍

one Bowndown for all you guys :bowdown:

Could anybody check the blue metallic picture?

I took the TommyKaira chip for the picture. But i have no way to be sure as i have both the rocket in blue metallic as the tommykaira cars in blue metallic on both accounts. Therefore i do not know if the rocket or TommyKaira chip was gifted.
So if anybody who golded the event and doesn't have one or both of these other chips could see wich one was gifted, that would be great.

Thanks!

Could anybody check the blue metallic picture?

I took the TommyKaira chip for the picture. But i have no way to be sure as i have both the rocket in blue metallic as the tommykaira cars in blue metallic on both accounts. Therefore i do not know if the rocket or TommyKaira chip was gifted.
So if anybody who golded the event and doesn't have one or both of these other chips could see wich one was gifted, that would be great.

Thanks!

Just checked and I have only one Blue Metallic, I'm not sure which one it is though :ouch:

Very sorry guys, The OP will 100% be done tonight :embarrassed:

Back