Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Morning Petrol Heads......Shaun i loved your Subaru WRX Dirt tune so much you have now got me into Rallying..so i have just spent 3.4mil on 4 Premium Rally cars...wicked i thought...so now find some tunes for them....i looked everywhere to no avail...:banghead: :boggled:

I just wondered now you are a top Rally tuner :D:D i know your'e very busy with Uni and they do cost 850.000 each....would you in the near future be tuning the any of these cars mate...

Citroen C4 WRC @08
Focus RS WRC 07 '08
Suzuki SX4 WRC '08
Subaru Impreza WRC 2008

Cheers 👍
Quick tune for dirt.

Make the springs soft
Loads of compression to absorb the bumps
LSD higher at rear than at the front
Set distribution of power between 45:55 and 48:52
Buy a High RPM Turbo
create a custom gear box with quick 1st 2nd 3rd gear changes and lengthen 4th and above. that will keep traction easier.

I do have the Impreza 2008 rally car (i think..) in my garage. I can see if I can create a tune for that sometime soon but as for the others, ill have to see what other cars are in my list. my rate of tunes has somewhat decreased of late but I try to do bits here and there :)

I so mad at myself ... was infront of JCS at Toscana and Then in the last left turn before the finish line at hit the barrier so a Tine under 1:43 was gone
So 1:42.xxx is just rund the corner .
But that's how it goes so I give it another go later.

Good Sunday to all you fuel heads

I've had that happen to me on multiple occasions so i know just how it feels.

So,make sure to stock up on coffee and smokes and have yourself a great Sunday and good luck.

Last edited:
@shaunm80 well looks like you have covered your weakness in tuning 👍.
I need to work on mine more. MR.
A fun MR car to tune up is the Lambo Muira. It is a real old school car so you can feel exactly what is happening when tuning that car. Other great MR cars to tune are anything Italian and supercar/sports car.. Ferrari in particular. They can be challenging sometimes but when you get them right, they are a great car to drive at full pelt.

A fun MR car to tune up is the Lambo Muira. It is a real old school car so you can feel exactly what is happening when tuning that car. Other great MR cars to tune are anything Italian and supercar/sports car.. Ferrari in particular. They can be challenging sometimes but when you get them right, they are a great car to drive at full pelt.

Oh yes.. I remember our duel on Monza in the Diablo GT2. That was a real nailbiter, fun car to drive like a mad man.

And let's not forget your 430 Scuderia tune that i used on a seasonal on Ascari. That car absolutely loved that track.

Oh yes.. I remember our duel on Monza in the Diablo GT2. That was a real nailbiter, fun car to drive like a mad man.

And let's not forget your 430 Scuderia tune that i used on a seasonal on Ascari. That car absolutely loved that track.
This was back when I stood a chance of keeping up with you. :) Long have those days passed.

@Badger66 - As for being a top rally tuner.. I am still merely experimenting. One day perhaps but not quite yet. Thank you none the less for the compliment. I shall definitely continue to work on those tunes so one day I can be good at those tunes more of the time.

I've had that happen to me on multiple occasions so i know just how it feels.

So,make sure to stock up on coffee and smokes and have yourself a great Sunday and good luck.
1.42s.. Crikey. I am glad I am out of that one. I definitely don't fall into that category of speed.

Quick tune for dirt.

Make the springs soft
Loads of compression to absorb the bumps
LSD higher at rear than at the front
Set distribution of power between 45:55 and 48:52
Buy a High RPM Turbo
create a custom gear box with quick 1st 2nd 3rd gear changes and lengthen 4th and above. that will keep traction easier.

I do have the Impreza 2008 rally car (i think..) in my garage. I can see if I can create a tune for that sometime soon but as for the others, ill have to see what other cars are in my list. my rate of tunes has somewhat decreased of late but I try to do bits here and there :)

Ok thanks for the info mate..... i will have a bit of fun and try to create a tune for these cars with your tips....cool brother....:cheers:

This was back when I stood a chance of keeping up with you. :) Long have those days passed.

@Badger66 - As for being a top rally tuner.. I am still merely experimenting. One day perhaps but not quite yet. Thank you none the less for the compliment. I shall definitely continue to work on those tunes so one day I can be good at those tunes more of the time.

1.42s.. Crikey. I am glad I am out of that one. I definitely don't fall into that category of speed.

I challenge you to another duel, oh great tuner guy.

How about we use my Miata tune on the green hell? Once we get around to do an online race?

I miss our Online Races....we must have a go soon guys...it was so much fun....👍

A 1:42 is definitely on the cards..👍 But who out of @LordJCS and @Soren Jacquet will get it first...Whoever does...Well done...But Kudo's to both of you....plus it's been fun to follow this Dirt War....:cheers:

Well @shaunm80 i think..No not think..i know.. your'e a natural tuner and i have been very impressed with all the tunes you keep banging out and they really do suit my driving style...and so many other peeps too...i now always and have for a long time look at your Garage first to see if you have a tune for the car i need for a Seasonal or just a tune for fun and if it works for me...i wont look anywhere else for an alternative....Plus the size of your Garage is immense and how much time and work you put in to this even when you have a busy schedule so all of us can have a car to use.
I know for any tuner on here it is hard to make a name for yourself and there are some brilliant tuners on here and all of you live under the Great Praiano's Shadow..:bowdown: But you deserve to own your own sun and shadow and you have done that mate..even if you haven't realised this yourself.....Sorry to Rabbit on...i just feel like i needed to say this...before we all move on to the PS4 and GT7 in the near future...So looking forward to your garage in GT7 and also i have met some really nice people on here including yourself...the rest of you know who you are...:)..so thanks for that too....Well with that said and done...i'll let you get on....Cheers Badger

:gtpflag:

Edited...sorry @Otaliema forgot to mention you too on Toscana...i know you are up the top with them too...well done..👍

Last edited:
I miss our Online Races....we must have a go soon guys...it was so much fun....👍

A 1:42 is definitely on the cards..👍 But who out of @LordJCS and @Soren Jacquet will get it first...Whoever does...Well done...But Kudo's to both of you....plus it's been fun to follow this Dirt War....:cheers:

Well @shaunm80 i think..No not think..i know.. your'e a natural tuner and i have been very impressed with all the tunes you keep banging out and they really do suit my driving style...and so many other peeps too...i now always and have for a long time look at your Garage first to see if you have a tune for the car i need for a Seasonal or just a tune for fun and if it works for me...i wont look anywhere else for an alternative....Plus the size of your Garage is immense and how much time and work you put in to this even when you have a busy schedule so all of us can have a car to use.
I know for any tuner on here it is hard to make a name for yourself and there are some brilliant tuners on here and all of you live under the Great Praiano's Shadow..:bowdown: But you deserve to own your own sun and shadow and you have done that mate..even if you haven't realised this yourself.....Sorry to Rabbit on...i just feel like i needed to say this...before we all move on to the PS4 and GT7 in the near future...So looking forward to your garage in GT7 and also i have met some really nice people on here including yourself...the rest of you know who you are...:)..so thanks for that too....Well with that said and done...i'll let you get on....Cheers Badger

Thank you. Thats quite a compliment. I try to do my best with tunes and I am happy when they work out. I too look forward to GT7 as I feel that the graphics engine and speed increase alone on the PS4 will make any GT game better in almost every way. I just hope that they do away with GT2-3 cars which haven't been updated to "Premium" graphics. That is one thing that in my opinion lets this game down. Why have all the computer power to make a car look nice but just leave it "standard".. It boggles the mind.

One day in the future I shall be back to online racing, right now it doesn't look like happening due to work load and general life but I would enjoy having a online race at some point too. I don't think a race on the green hell would do my chances of beating you any good @LordJCS... It sounds like your setting me up for a fall. Just kidding. No, in all seriousness. Ill probably try your tune but on a circuit that isn't my nemesis. :)

Thank you. Thats quite a compliment. I try to do my best with tunes and I am happy when they work out. I too look forward to GT7 as I feel that the graphics engine and speed increase alone on the PS4 will make any GT game better in almost every way. I just hope that they do away with GT2-3 cars which haven't been updated to "Premium" graphics. That is one thing that in my opinion lets this game down. Why have all the computer power to make a car look nice but just leave it "standard".. It boggles the mind.

One day in the future I shall be back to online racing, right now it doesn't look like happening due to work load and general life but I would enjoy having a online race at some point too. I don't think a race on the green hell would do my chances of beating you any good @LordJCS... It sounds like your setting me up for a fall. Just kidding. No, in all seriousness. Ill probably try your tune but on a circuit that isn't my nemesis. :)

It's just that a car like that is a good tool for learning the in's and out's of the green hell you call your nemesis.

That's why i mentioned it.

It's about time you conquered that nemesis of yours.

FITT Blind Tuning Challenge

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07

Class 1 - The Dual

Tuned as per regulations set here

450PP
258 BHP
Weight 1100kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Hard Tyres

Beginner Level NRC Suzuka Seasonal 450PP Winner! 👍

What and easy win! No, really easy... Was leader at the beginning of lap 2 and I fell asleep on lap 4... :lol:

I have to say I was a bit surprised with the final score/position at FITT, but who am I?

So, all I can say it is indeed my kind of ride, fast (for 450PP), stable but with that freedom to power slide and most of all fun to drive... And the color looks good too...

👍

Your'e welcome mate..it's from the heart...:cheers:

I am really looking forward to GT7 and the graphics should be Awesome...👍 I agree about the standard cars they should ether upgrade them do away with all of them completely...it definitely does let the game down...they look crap compared to the premium cars..i can't even be bothered to paint them sometimes..👎

And @LordJCS that's so funny about the race on the Green Hell....Wicked Ha Ha...:)

Well said...👍

Thanks.

It feels kinda wierd knowing that Shaun hasn't conquered the green hell considering that a wide variety of his tunes feels like they were tuned on there. And work really good on there. Take his Mini VGT tune as an example. It was spot on.

I feel slightly confused.

Thanks.

I feel kinda wierd knowing that Shaun hasn't conquered the green hell considering that a wide variety of his tunes feels like they were tuned on there. And work really good on there. Take his Mini VGT tune as an example. It was spot on.

I know....they really do feel like they were tuned for it..they are spot on...on there...👍

And @shaunm80 i agree with JCS...You have to conquer this track mate...it is one of the best tracks on here and 90% of your cars Rock on here...:cheers:

Thanks.

I feel kinda wierd knowing that Shaun hasn't conquered the green hell considering that a wide variety of his tunes feels like they were tuned on there. And work really good on there. Take his Mini VGT tune as an example. It was spot on.

I always feel confused when it comes to the green hell. Like why is it there and who decided to draw a picture of a cook on it? it is random indeed :)

It's just that a car like that is a good tool for learning the in's and out's of the green hell you call your nemesis.

That's why i mentioned it.

It's about time you conquered that nemesis of yours.
One day I will conquer it.. I do actually like the track, its technical and fast but its also unforgiving.. I need some forgiveness for my moments of POOOOWWEEEEERR. I tend to drive like JC on that track and the two combined don't really work that well. :)

Beginner Level NRC Suzuka Seasonal 450PP Winner! 👍

What and easy win! No, really easy... Was leader at the beginning of lap 2 and I fell asleep on lap 4... :lol:

I have to say I was a bit surprised with the final score/position at FITT, but who am I?

So, all I can say it is indeed my kind of ride, fast (for 450PP), stable but with that freedom to power slide and most of all fun to drive... And the color looks good too...

👍
I am glad that you enjoyed this one. To be honest, the result is a little unrealistic on all the top 7 tunes. 1st - 7th was 0.303 difference.. It was really close and a 10th of a second made the difference literally on this event. As for DC. It still scored 8.18 or something around there? that is in the top bracket of tune grades and over an average of 11 tuners. I think that all the tuners who entered did excellent and its really hard to tell who will finish where these days in FITT.

I always feel confused when it comes to the green hell. Like why is it there and who decided to draw a picture of a cook on it? it is random indeed :)

It's because they were going to build a Little Chief next to the track there...but no-one would want to eat there...Ha Ha....Do you remember those road side restaurants...they were so expensive..👎

I have 2 cars in the COTM March thread. This month it is the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 and I am using some of my older tunes for this.

If you guys have time, could you head on over to the link below, review and post your thoughts on them? It has been a while since I've took them out the garage so it will be interesting to see if they have stood the test of time.

Link here

The Crew™_20150221232654.jpg

If you guys have time, could you head on over to the link below, review and post your thoughts on them? It has been a while since I've took them out the garage so it will be interesting to see if they have stood the test of time.

👍 Just finishing a race now, will try it next...

Believe I did a small review of the SS version a while ago... 💡

EDIT: Found it

👍 Just finishing a race now, will try it next...

Believe I did a small review of the SS version a while ago... 💡

EDIT: Found it
Thank you. The one thing I have never done (probably because I never thought of it early enough) was a link page to reviews of cars I publish. I forget what cars have been reviewed from time to time. I have added this to the COTM thread now. Thanks for hunting it down for me.

Thank you. The one thing I have never done (probably because I never thought of it early enough) was a link page to reviews of cars I publish. I forget what cars have been reviewed from time to time. I have added this to the COTM thread now. Thanks for hunting it down for me.

👍 Gonna do a "fresh one", more complete... :)

Edited...sorry @Otaliema forgot to mention you too on Toscana...i know you are up the top with them too...well done..👍
I have a idee of how first reach 1:42 but I don't tell it :cheers:

That would be great. Thank you. Much appreciated.

Sports Soft Version:

IA License WTCC 550PP (600PP) Mount Panorama Winner! 👍

Fastest Lap: 2:09:4xx

LamboGallardo.jpg
Like @shaunm80 said, despite being an "old" version tune, it seems it has survived threw these days, I mean versions of the game...

Decided to do a "drive it like you stole it" test on extreme conditions against some above average opponents, GT2, on MPanorama...

Review and driving sensations:
  • Excellent top speed - even while drafting, it takes a while before the rev meter goes maxed and with FG changes it can go easly 320kmh... 👍
  • Huge grip and stability - The rear is planted (on SS tested so far), no oversteer even on low gears acceleration. On driving in the edge, the throttle can be mashed hard and the rear stays there... Almost feels like it has FFloor, but it doesn't... :sly: But have to say the 4WD system helps a tiny bit...
  • Gearbox - very competitive and with close ratios - keeps the car on the right revs...
  • Behaviour on cornering (fast and slow) - decided to had this, because of something funny... On the exact same corner, a hint of understeer appeared, making the car swerve out of the apex, trying to hit the wall... Bellow, on the map is the corner noticed (between Frog Hollow and Sulman Park (uphill)):

upload_2015-3-1_16-1-41.png

• Cornering ability/capability - High. Because of the 4WD, a bit of desacceleration is needed to keep the front on the inside of the corner for early acceleration.
  • Suspension - extremely well balanced and managed to adapted to MP bumps very nicely;
  • Braking - Very good, but be aware, it's not infinite...
Overall: Despite having done a small review a while ago, to me, the car feels a bit better, gonna risk saying maybe the hidden physic changes affect this ride... If not, still a great car, a GT version in disguise... :lol:

______________________________________________________________________________________

@shaunm80 - to avoid double review, can you please edit/add it to you post in CoTM? TY! :)

Last edited:
Sports Soft Version:

IA License WTCC 550PP (600PP) Mount Panorama Winner! 👍

Fastest Lap: 2:09:4xx

Like @shaunm80 said, despite being an "old" version tune, it seems it has survived threw these days, I mean versions of the game...

Decided to do a "drive it like you stole it" test on extreme conditions against some above average opponents, GT2, on MPanorama...

Review and driving sensations:
  • Excellent top speed - even while drafting, it takes a while before the rev meter goes maxed and with FG changes it can go easly 320kmh... 👍
  • Huge grip and stability - The rear is planted (on SS tested so far), no oversteer even on low gears acceleration. On driving in the edge, the throttle can be mashed hard and the rear stays there... Almost feels like it has FFloor, but it doesn't... :sly: But have to say the 4WD system helps a tiny bit...
  • Gearbox - very competitive and with close ratios - keeps the car on the right revs...
  • Behaviour on cornering (fast and slow) - decided to had this, because of something funny... On the exact same corner, a hint of understeer appeared, making the car swerve out of the apex, trying to hit the wall... Bellow, on the map is the corner noticed (between Frog Hollow and Sulman Park (uphill)):
  • Cornering ability/capability - High. Because of the 4WD, a bit of desacceleration is needed to keep the front on the inside of the corner for early acceleration.
  • Suspension - extremely well balanced and managed to adapted to MP bumps very nicely;
  • Braking - Very good, but be aware, it's not infinite...
Overall: Despite having done a small review a while ago, to me, the car feels a bit better, gonna risk saying maybe the hidden physic changes affect this ride... If not, still a great car, a GT version in disguise... :lol:

______________________________________________________________________________________

@shaunm80 - to avoid double review, can you please edit/add it to you post in CoTM? TY! :)
Excellent review. Thank you indeed. All those hours of FITT testing have paid off in knowing how to break down a car. Excellent job! I will exchange this for the shorter one now :)

Back