Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Lancia Stratos ‘73

400PP
172 BHP
1000kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A
Wheels – Standard Size ENKEI COMPETITION S2
Painted in Verde Mela with Phantom Black Rims.

FC Suspension
F/R
75/150
5.50/11.50
9/9
7/7
3/6
0.0/0.0
-0.13/0.28

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 130mph
1st 2.800
2nd 1.950
3rd 1.425
4th 1.140
5th 0.987
Set final gear to 4.400
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
8/10/15
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 93.3%

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 138kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This is not a new tune per se as the original settings are taken from my 15th Anniversary Edition tune. However, I have re-designed the transmission for Autumn Ring Mini track for a Beginner’s seasonal race. Very quick around this track and will inspire a lot of confidence. If using on other tracks, set transmission FG to match the longest straight speed.

Autumn Ring - Mini_2.jpg

Autumn Ring - Mini_1.jpg

Autumn Ring - Mini.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @shaunm80 I had these 3 cars in my garage below and they all for the Beginners' Level Non-Race Car Challenge (450PP SH). I made no changes to your 3 tunes all for an easy win, thank you :cheers:.

Ford Ka ‘01 (350PP CM)

Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS '08 (350PP CS)
Honda Fit W '01 (350PP CM)

Well I was inspired by @fordlaser777 to have another go with the 350pp CS tuned bluebird on the autumn ring. It turns out the last time I tried it I had the TC on 0 instead of 1. Well, the car the handles much nicer with the TC on, and I drove to gold on first attempt.

View attachment 573582

Managed to get gold in the Minolta Toyota 88-CV '89 and the Audi R8 race car '01 in the expert race. I'm not a fan of this track, and I always managed to earn few penalties in every race so no need to post my times, lol.

I tried to use the Delta Wing but I gave up after 1 lap, the final gearing would need to be adjust for it to be competitive.

I must say I feel like I got my money's worth out of this months
Seasonals, :cheers:
All cars added to the list. Great finds in the expert race too.

Loving the 350PP finds as well. Great to see the under powered tunes kicking some ass against cars 100PP higher. No need for breaks with those cars I bet! Well done to all those who have been finding the sleeper cars for these seasonals, your effort is always appreciated.

I have also added a new 400PP SH tune (well, not new but it has an updated transmission for an existing tune) for you guys to use. It is very stable and very quick around Autumn Ring Mini. Enjoy!

A Spec Time Trial and Drift Trials (Updated 11/8/16)

PD have given us new events... Yeah right.. Actually, it is rehashed races which we have done previously with the same goto cars. GT6 is evolving like the image below. Hopefully you can find some new tunes from my garage to breath some life into these events.

P1010106.JPG

Non-Racing Car Super Lap (500PP SH)
Chrysler Prowler '02 (450PP SH)
Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71 (450PP SH/SS)
Opel Speedster Turbo ‘00 (450PP SH)
Subaru BRZ S '12 (500PP SS) (CoTM Version)
Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01 (500PP SH) - The yellow glorified motorbike. Praise PD for their ingenuity in still allowing this "car" for these events.. Its face palm time!!
(someone please find something else that can get gold here...)

Racing Car Super Lap (700PP RH)
Audi R8 Race Car '01 (700PP RH)
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 (700PP RH)
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP - Team Peugeot Total '10
Toyota Minolta Toyota 88C-V '89 (700PP RH)
The pop corn machine.. (Chaparral 2X)

Non-Racing Car Drift Trial
BMW Z4 M Coupe '08 (Drift Seasonal Setup)
Ferrari 599 '06 (Drift Setup)
Ferrari F40 '92 (Drift Setup)
Nissan GTR Black edition '12 (Drift Seasonal Setup)

Japanese Racing Car Drift Trial
Honda S2000 LM Race Car (Drift Setup)
Mazda BP Falken RX7 '03 (580PP CH)
Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 (Drift Setup)
Toyota 86 "Racing" 13 (Drift Seasonal Setup)

Last edited:
The GSX-R was especially frustrating this time because of them giving us the stupid Willow Springs karting track. It and the X-Bow have a bad enough advantage already without putting us on a track where pretty much ANYTHING else with enough power will be too massive. So it's even MORE restricted to those cars than usual. They should've done this at 400pp so other fun things like MX-5s and Autozams and Suzuki or Daihatsu kei cars might've been viable.

EDIT: Oh! I just remembered: This sounds ridiculous, but while fooling around trying other cars, I actually DID post a Gold time with the 2001 Impreza WRX STI Sport Wagon. It wasn't a competitive time, though... something like 1:19.8. But at least it's POSSIBLE to get gold with a larger car. 4WD, at least.

(That car, btw, is the most fun you will ever have in a station wagon; assuming you are clothed and not in the company of an Oscar Issac or Jason Momoa)

Last edited:
Got to win some gold today courtesy of shaunm80's tunes.

First up was the Toyota Minolta 88-v '89. It was a sloppy lap, but easy gold. It seems like second gear just spins and doesn't really grip, I ended up short shifting to be able to control the power better through the corners.
image.jpeg

Next I tried the Audi R8 race car '01. This car is a little easier to control than the Toyota, and I was starting to get used to the track, and I got a better exit off the last corner. You do have to manage the throttle otherwise you can overwhelm the TC and spin yourself.
image.jpeg

Lastly, the pescarolo c60 hybride Judd '05. No prob with this car.
image.jpeg

So then I moved over to the big willow track. I figured the Ferrari Dino 450sh tune should be able to gold this event and it did! Fun car to drive on this track.
image.jpeg

So 450pp sh Opel speedster was next up.
image.jpeg

The last car I had time to try was the 450pp sh Chrysler Prowler.
image.jpeg

indeed,frustrating that they don't come up with new events but only recycle old events.
GT6 is taking their last breaths.

One would think they'd put a little more effort into it considering there are still some Vision GT cars yet to be released, but no..

Keep re-releasing old events as "new" seasonal events..

It don't matter how many layers of makeup you slap on a pig's face, it's still a pig.

The GSX-R was especially frustrating this time because of them giving us the stupid Willow Springs karting track. It and the X-Bow have a bad enough advantage already without putting us on a track where pretty much ANYTHING else with enough power will be too massive. So it's even MORE restricted to those cars than usual. They should've done this at 400pp so other fun things like MX-5s and Autozams and Suzuki or Daihatsu kei cars might've been viable.

EDIT: Oh! I just remembered: This sounds ridiculous, but while fooling around trying other cars, I actually DID post a Gold time with the 2001 Impreza WRX STI Sport Wagon. It wasn't a competitive time, though... something like 1:19.8. But at least it's POSSIBLE to get gold with a larger car. 4WD, at least.

(That car, btw, is the most fun you will ever have in a station wagon; assuming you are clothed and not in the company of an Oscar Issac or Jason Momoa)
I agree completely. 450PP would have been better if they wanted 1.20 gold lap times. Lots of tunes in that range will easily reach 1.18/1.19 if you are smooth around this track.

4WD should be good around this track where traction matters for most of the corners. Subaru's are pretty nippy around these technical circuits too so a good choice of car.

I am unsure as to who Oscar Isaac is but I do know who Jason Mamoa is. Very broody character in Stargate Atlantis and a great Khal in GoT. GoT is awesome and I love that show. Not sure I would have as much fun as you with them but I could definitely chat GoT for hours with him!
Got to win some gold today courtesy of shaunm80's tunes.

First up was the Toyota Minolta 88-v '89. It was a sloppy lap, but easy gold. It seems like second gear just spins and doesn't really grip, I ended up short shifting to be able to control the power better through the corners.
View attachment 575187

Next I tried the Audi R8 race car '01. This car is a little easier to control than the Toyota, and I was starting to get used to the track, and I got a better exit off the last corner. You do have to manage the throttle otherwise you can overwhelm the TC and spin yourself.
View attachment 575188

Lastly, the pescarolo c60 hybride Judd '05. No prob with this car.
View attachment 575189

So then I moved over to the big willow track. I figured the Ferrari Dino 450sh tune should be able to gold this event and it did! Fun car to drive on this track.
View attachment 575190

So 450pp sh Opel speedster was next up.
View attachment 575193

The last car I had time to try was the 450pp sh Chrysler Prowler.
View attachment 575194
All added to the list. Thanks for finding more cars that are capable of golding this track that is not a glorified motorbike. :) Well done on finding lots of 700PP cars as well.
Recycled events this time around.........AGAIN?!

Wow... PD is really going all out aren't they?

Kinda makes me happy that my ps3 kicked the bucket.
Yes.. they aren't even trying these days with seasonal events. They better be spending all their time on making GT Sport and GT7 amazing!!

You will abandon GT6?

Yup. As much as I love GT6 soon as I get GTsport I'll be solely on it. Already have my brand new PS4 on standby which I bought specifically for it.
I want to get GTsport as soon as it's available.
The advantage too is if there are any updates following the release which I'm sure there'll be my incremental updates will be quick and painless as opposed to having to install a bunch of updates later on. Makes sense to me. Win-Win.

Yup. As much as I love GT6 soon as I get GTsport I'll be solely on it. Already have my brand new PS4 on standby which I bought specifically for it.
I want to get GTsport as soon as it's available.
The advantage too is if there are any updates following the release which I'm sure there'll be my incremental updates will be quick and painless as opposed to having to install a bunch of updates later on. Makes sense to me. Win-Win.
Once GT Sports comes out, there will be 2 PS3 consoles going in the bin and it will be sad but it is only old technology.

Back