Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
How do you tell if a car is c or d spec, as you call it? I know there are certain cars like the muira or gsx/r that are the "best" in their categories but I only know that from reading about them in Gtplanet and that those are the cars people turn to when doing the seasonal TT's.
Trial and error basically. There is a beater or sleeper thread in the main GT6 forum that you can find a lot of c and d spec cars in.

Hi fellas.

Just thoght i'd stop by to check up on you guys and your shenanigans.

Today i'm not doing to well.

Had to take my woofer to the vet yesterday to have her put down.

She began to show signs that made me realize the time i had been dreading had come.

She struggled to get up on the couch and the bed, lost her apetite and only drank water.

I'll miss her greatly as she was truly one of a kind.

View attachment 591144

Rest in peace my beloved furry friend.

Also my condolences towards you.
Losing someone who gave you a lot of joy in your life isn't easy to deal with.
I've experienced myself a couple years ago.
Needed to put my cat down because of illness,he was almost 18 years old.

So I am still playing with the Intermediate and Expert Level Challenges waiting for the new trials tonight. And in the Intermediate, the most fun tune award goes to Shaun for his Pikes Peak Quattro. This tune (unchanged, except for SH tires) is the best drifting non-drift car! The rear end slides out on its own in several of the turns. Application of the throttle increases the drift until the car straightens itself out. Lots of gratifying tire smoke too. It's a must try, especially for the drifters. :cheers:

A Spec Time Trial and Drift Events (Updated 6/10/16)

P1010468.JPG

Lots of tunes available for this one, check them out and let me know which get you a gold time/score. Good hunting guys and girls!

Pre-1980 American Cars Super Lap (550PP SH)
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (549PP SH)
Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniversary Edition '66 (550PP SS) - Add SH Tyres

GT3 Racing Car Super Lap (630PP RH)
BMW Z4 GT3 '11 (650PP RH)

Non-Racing Car Drift Trial
Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '06 (Drift Seasonal Setup)
Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01 (Drift Setup)

Pikes Peak Rally Car Drift Trial
Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak '87 (Drift Setup)
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Tarmac Drift Setup)

Last edited:
Hi Shaun80 , I just ran your Ford GT40 Mark 1 15th Anniversrary Edition '66 (550PP SS) in the Pre 1980 American Cars Super Lap, but inadvertently ran it at 530PP (must have been set for some reg.race) and managed to get to 801 in the leaderboard. First time I have ever featured in the top 1000. It's an outstanding tune. If I can manage that , it disillusions me a wee bit to think how fast some of you guys can take this car.

Hi Shaun,

I managed to run two laps in the pre 1980 American car super lap this morning before work. Red first lap, gold second lap using your
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69

549PP
518 BHP
1200kgs
Weight Distribution 53:47

Sports Hard Tyres

Change Oil
Aero Kit Type B

FC Suspension
F/R
128/134
9.45/6.20
9/5
6/8
3/4
1.2/1.6
-0.05/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to Default) - Once all power parts installed
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.707
2nd 2.080
3rd 1.555
4th 1.272
5th 1.092
Set final gear to 2.620

FC LSD
10/9/12
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Supercharger

All other engine parts standards

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast Set 41kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

After hours of tinkering with this car on SH tyres, I came to the conclusion that this car was never meant to be tamed at this PP level. However, I have created this tune to make it easy to drive, fun and most importantly, controllable. It occasionally lights up the rear tyres, causes some smoke but you can drift this car round corners very easily when it does that without losing much time. The front tyres will turn bright red on sharp bends but they manage to get round without causing too much power oversteer. A car very much like the SS tyre version. When driven in a manner in which it approves, it will feel great and you'll be happy. Go a little mad, it will forgive you and you'll still be happy. push it beyond the boundaries and your a gonna.

As always, check this new tune out and if you have time, some feedback on it would be great. Again, Enjoy this tune and don't let it bite you in the bum too much.

circuito-di-roma-jpg.353998

circuito-di-roma_2-jpg.354000

circuito-di-roma_1-jpg.353999
Nice tune, but I will have to switch to your Mark 1 tune to get closer to your and @chrisspeed281s ghosts. :cheers:

Hi Shaun80 , I just ran your Ford GT40 Mark 1 15th Anniversrary Edition '66 (550PP SS) in the Pre 1980 American Cars Super Lap, but inadvertently ran it at 530PP (must have been set for some reg.race) and managed to get to 801 in the leaderboard. First time I have ever featured in the top 1000. It's an outstanding tune. If I can manage that , it disillusions me a wee bit to think how fast some of you guys can take this car.
Up the power to 550 and I reckon you can get a little higher than 801. :) Glad the tune worked well for you.
Hi Shaun,

I managed to run two laps in the pre 1980 American car super lap this morning before work. Red first lap, gold second lap using your

Nice tune, but I will have to switch to your Mark 1 tune to get closer to your and @chrisspeed281s ghosts. :cheers:
The Z28 is a great car, very nice to drive and really easy to drive fast. The best car is definitely the GT40 for this event, very quick and extremely grippy around this track. I could have gone a couple of seconds quicker but I wanted to get a gold time first time. I will have a go later at catching @chrisspeed281 as I think I can get a little closer to him.

Hi Shaun how are you going ?, I will be trying these TTs tomorrow, I can not wait to try your Ford GT40 Mark 1 15th Anniversrary Edition '66 (550PP SS) :).
I am well thank you. Well done on your place in the FITT event. Higher than me in the end :) Nice job with your tune. I look forward to seeing my lap time obliterated in the TTs.
I hope you guys come closer :) The Ford GT40 mark 1 is the best Car for this event , for Suzuka i think the BMW Z4 GT3 is the fastes ( i got a 1:50.9..) For the Drift Events i have used the BMW Z4 Coupe and the Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Tarmac Drift Setup) . Now i wait for @fordlaser777
I will get the Impreza added to the list. I think I am currently scoring higher than you in the drift events? Unless you have given them another go.. I will be getting the Z4 GT3 out later for this event. My head wasn't right for Suzuka, kept sliding into the grass on the fast sections. Gotta be in the right frame of mind for this one I think. :)

So.. Apparently it's Friday......again.

Just wanted to stop by to check up on your shenanigans and at the same time wish you a happy weekend.

This vid is by one i follow on YT and this one really made me feel good on a Friday..

Imagine sitting there on a grassy slope on a lawnchair with a couple of cool beers and just listen to this... Ahhh.

That's life.

Just wanted to stop by to check up on your shenanigans and at the same time wish you a happy weekend.

This vid is by one i follow on YT and this one really made me feel good on a Friday..

Imagine sitting there on a grassy slope on a lawnchair with a couple of cool beers and just listen to this... Ahhh.

That's life.

I really like this Video , You know we have new TT's. One of them we had already last year and i have found the Friendlist from October 2015. It's the same Race. I think you like the Picture :)

Unbenannt.JPG

Got gold on Trial Mountain TT with your GT40 Mark 1 15th Anniversary '66. 1:34.187 so far, but i know i can get 1.5 secs faster, but i keep loosing it on the last 3rd of the track.... Great tune Shaun, thanks

And 1:36.582 with your Z28 ' 69 nice drive on here with this Awesome car... Cheers

Now 1:35.778 with your Z28 '69

Edit

1:35.264

Last edited:
Just got Gold on Suzuka GT3 TT Seasonal with your Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12 with a time of 1:56.942 and there is quicker times to be had with this Wicked tune and car...

As tune but set power up to 630pp - everything standard but Mid range turbo and power limiter to 97.1 which gives you 656 bhp, 630pp

Changed Transmission to match new PP
-Final gear 3,250.

Downforce F-400 R -615.

Brakes F9 R7

RS tyre's

Cheers Shaun

Last edited:
Hey guys how is everyone, it's good to see you are all still on here, it's been a long time, how's things Shaun, nearly 500 pages now... Wow :)
Hey Badger, things are going well thanks. Busy on placement on a high dependency unit right now but it is great fun. Good to see you back once again. Hope all is well with you.

I know this car wasn't meant for Sports:Hard, but man what a drive! Nice lap time @fordlaser777 I'm at 1:32.49 with a final of 3.000.
Will give this a full run tomorrow morning. The warden is away!:mischievous:
It works surprisingly well on this track on SH tyres. A great car and one that I am glad I tuned up the way I did now.
Got gold on Trial Mountain TT with your GT40 Mark 1 15th Anniversary '66. 1:34.187 so far, but i know i can get 1.5 secs faster, but i keep loosing it on the last 3rd of the track.... Great tune Shaun, thanks

And 1:36.582 with your Z28 ' 69 nice drive on here with this Awesome car... Cheers

Now 1:35.778 with your Z28 '69

Edit

1:35.264
Very nice times in the Z28. Not the quickest horse in the yard but definitely one that can be relied upon when needed.

That's life.

Nice cars, lots of noise and lovely scenery. Hope your well and enjoying the PS4. I havent seen you on GTA recently, have you done anything with the biker update yet? not sure if it is worth all the money they want you to spend on bikes and club houses as yet.

I really like this Video , You know we have new TT's. One of them we had already last year and i have found the Friendlist from October 2015. It's the same Race. I think you like the Picture :)

View attachment 593500
It is the same event. I gotta get gold in this one now as I think I managed it the first time around..

@Badger66 Is this the tune you mean?

Audi R8 LMS ultra '12

596PP
554 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distibution 47:53

Racing Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
60/65
20.50/19.50
8/8
6/6
5/3
1.5/1.0
-0.10/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.483
2nd 2.722
3rd 2.124
4th 1.741
5th 1.473
6th 1.254
Set final gear to 2.700

FC LSD
8/14/25

Set power limiter to 100.0%
all parts standard

Downforce
400/650
Ballast - Set 0kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

View attachment 176140
View attachment 176141

@shaunm80 Glad you're working now, so have you finished your Uni or is this placement part of it?

All good here thanks mate, been spending my time on our Motorcycle exploring the Island and been loving it... :)

Yes the Z28 is an Awesome car not quite as fast around the corners as the GT40 but well fun to drive.

Just got Gold on Suzuka GT3 with your R8 LMS powered up to 630pp and it still handles well.. Well done with that tune, you definitely took that wild horse by the raines and tamed it.

Cheers

@shaunm80 Glad you're working now, so have you finished your Uni or is this placement part of it?

All good here thanks mate, been spending my time on our Motorcycle exploring the Island and been loving it... :)

Yes the Z28 is an Awesome car not quite as fast around the corners as the GT40 but well fun to drive.

Just got Gold on Suzuka GT3 with your R8 LMS powered up to 630pp and it still handles well.. Well done with that tune, you definitely took that wild horse by the raines and tamed it.

Cheers
I have one year left in Uni and on placements before I qualify. Still a lot of work to do but it will all be over next August. Life is far too busy right now.

Back