Expectations for Forza 7 going from FM6.

• Thread starter SimTourist
  • 393 comments
All I want is custom user lobbies in multiplayer, and far better support for force feedback wheels. I may have been able to drive well with my wheel in FM6, but that still doesn't mean it did not have massive issues with the FFB. They need to make sure they carry the options over that they added for wheel users in FH3, and also improve the underlying effect structure for the FFB. I am not an ffb engineer, so not exactly sure they could go about it; but I do not know if I can stand yet another Forza game with inadequate FFB support on wheels.

With regards to the physics in FM6, they need a few tweaks here an there; but overall they are not too bad. I certainly do not have to change my driving style between FM6 and the other track racers I play (assetto corsa on PC, Raceroom, iRacing).

With regards to the physics in FM6, they need a few tweaks here an there; but overall they are not too bad. I certainly do not have to change my driving style between FM6 and the other track racers I play (assetto corsa on PC, Raceroom, iRacing).

Physics are fine where they are - neither do I find myself changing my driving too much hopping between Forza and CARS.

Improvements and more nuances are always welcome though. I was expecting dramatic strides between previous gen Forza and this one, but not quite. Oh well.

Better car grouping. And show what group the car is in when you buy it, or look at it in the store. Nothing like trying to set up a race between R class Hyper cars and seeing ALMS GTS cars on the grid.

I know, really ridiculous! Plus, no harm in letting us choose AI cars. Also, AI cars ought to be upgraded if the player's car is, like in previous Forza games

AI cars ought to be upgraded if the player's car is, like in previous Forza games

Adding onto this, I would also like the option to turn PI matching off. In most cases it's great, but at the same time if you are racing a category using the lowest PI car you just get a field of the same cars. Plus sometimes it's just fun to do an underdog challenge.

I do feel like the grip and tire physics could use a little improvement. That and from using the controller I'd be happy if they adjusted the controller dampening and filtering settings. Namely I'm tired of going into corners where I have the stick pressed all the way in one direction but then the actual wheel is only being turned by like 15 degrees. Also tank slappers. Main reason they seem to happen so frequently in FM6 is due to the filtering settings. Those fine scale counter steers you need to keep the car from spinning don't get picked up until they are too far in the opposite direction.

I do feel like the grip and tire physics could use a little improvement. That and from using the controller I'd be happy if they adjusted the controller dampening and filtering settings. Namely I'm tired of going into corners where I have the stick pressed all the way in one direction but then the actual wheel is only being turned by like 15 degrees. Also tank slappers. Main reason they seem to happen so frequently in FM6 is due to the filtering settings. Those fine scale counter steers you need to keep the car from spinning don't get picked up until they are too far in the opposite direction.

I second this - I've been after them in the official forum to give adjustment settings for speed sensitivity and filtering but alas.. falls on deaf ears, especially when so many people come running to defend it. Crowd favorite: "Oh, you can't expect the front tires to turn like that at 100 mph+."

How about we get sharper lock angles at 30 mph+ for starters? That's usually my counter.. but mehh, like I said, deaf ears. :lol:

Seriously robs away from the experience though.

There is an odd glitch that happens with Forza where it sometimes doesn't allow you to turn in and will lock your steering for some reason. It has been with the game for some time. I'm not even sure what it boils down too, but replacing my pad alleviated it some, but it is still definitely there.

I've only ever had tank slappers happen while using simulation steering, but that is just because of how sensitive and unrealistic the inputs are on a pad. I find the reaction to the inputs to be fairly good to be honest, as I haven't noticed it to be an issue regardless of the steering setting that is selected. I am more than able to make pretty precise counter steer. I wonder if that boils down to a faulty pad?

Yeah I'm not sure what the turn in deal comes down to though I think at times its related to what gear your in when you turn. I think it may be due to the programming limiting how much input you can have at certain thresholds which will sometimes relate to gearing. it's very apparent in the indycar which when i switched to the g920 the issue went away completely, though the wheel has its own issues with handling since some cars are nearly undriveable with it.

I may try not using simulation steering for awhile to see if there's a difference. I've used two different pads with the same issue, and going back to FM5 that issue was never there to begin with so im not sure why it is. Might be something to do with deadzones as well though mine has always been set to zero.

Yeah I'm not sure what the turn in deal comes down to though I think at times its related to what gear your in when you turn. I think it may be due to the programming limiting how much input you can have at certain thresholds which will sometimes relate to gearing. it's very apparent in the indycar which when i switched to the g920 the issue went away completely, though the wheel has its own issues with handling since some cars are nearly undriveable with it.
I've tested it a bunch of times, and I can not get a definite answer with what I've found. I've went through one turn plenty of times and even in the same gear and speed, it would happen sometimes and sometimes it wouldn't. What I have found is that it has something to do with the vibration because sometimes there is a weird lock on the steering, the vibration on the whole controller goes completely dead as well, until its back to normal(which is normally only a few seconds.)

I may try not using simulation steering for awhile to see if there's a difference. I've used two different pads with the same issue, and going back to FM5 that issue was never there to begin with so im not sure why it is. Might be something to do with deadzones as well though mine has always been set to zero.
Yeah its hard to say, there can be plenty of things going causing a difference between us. I've actually found the transition from Forza 5 and Forza 6 to be much easier in that regard, especially when talking about simulation steering. Counter-steering has worked well in both steering input methods, for me so far.

Last edited:
Yeah oddly enough after going back to FM5 I felt like the FFB gave a much better sense of grip, plus it seemed like the cars were a little less likely to break traction as easily in that game. Interestingly the best comparison I can give it is that FM6 feels to me a lot like what FM3 felt like back in the day.

For what it's worth, I've noticed how the steering lock seems to be not only tied to your current speed at corner entry but also how much you're sliding, what gear you're in and how you brake. If you prefer braking late or like to tap the brake lightly at the apex to correct your direction, the car may understeer or slide (or both) and it actually prevents you from getting a sharper lock angle... which is precisely what you want to accomplish!

The steering being tied to your gear and braking was never an issue in FM5 - you could get better lock angles. I'm on a pad BTW. FM4 sometimes used to have this too I might add.. in fact in some rare cases (FM6 included), the vibration just goes dead and your driver will stop applying further lock even if your going at 20 mph and the steering in the cockpit has only hit a 25 degree angle.

Two things I hope to see in FM7: being able to adjust steering linearity and speed sensitivity and do away with this silly steering angle dependant on speed, gear and how you brake. Many a times, if you brake ONLY before a turn in a straight line, you might get just the right angle on turn-in and at the apex, but there is still a possibility of the car understeering or sliding unnecessarily, but they might have done that on purpose to make the game easy to pick up and play.

Lastly, they really SHOULD work on the cockpit animation for the wheel and have it behave exactly like it does on the real thing (CARS and AC are already doing this and the immersion is unbelievable). The control isn't what I would call an issue at the moment; it just doesn't allow you complete control over the car like the other two games do, for example. The player should be able to overdrive the car as much as he/she desires and live with the consequences. Not too big a fan of the 'hidden hand holding'.

I hope they add the tire manufacturer logo on the tires, AC, Pcars, and GTS have this hopefully it's in FM7.

That is a very neat idea though I would like those tires to have varying degrees of performance between them, just like FM2. In fact, FM2 had branded after market parts and they ALL had varying degrees of performance between each other.

Not long now until we see it unveiled...

I'm most curious to see what features from FH3 will make the jump to FM7. Here's a quick shortlist I made.

• Dynamic TOD
  • Dynamic Weather
  • Blueprint & PI Matching
  • Tyre Lettering (Horizon Edition Equivalent)
  • ADV1, Rotiform, Fifteen52 Wheels
  • Widebody Kits, the Rally Parts, Exposed Intakes on muscle cars, Roof racks etc
  • Auction House
  • Clubs
  • Storefront
  • License Plates & Horns (these are probably least likely)
  • Horizon Edition Cars (or some Motorsport equivalent)
  • Forzathon
  • 4 Player Co-Op

I hope they add the tire manufacturer logo on the tires, AC, Pcars, and GTS have this hopefully it's in FM7.
Can't agree more. It's also present in the Forza Motorsport NASCAR Expansion so there might be hope for the other cars in Forza.

These are the features I would most like to see in Forza Motorsport 7 so that it can be a great Endurance racer:
- Dynamic TOD
- Dynamic Weather
- Custom Free Play (multi class) races where you can choose what cars the AI are driving
- Being able to have time as an end condition in Free Play, with an extra lap after the time has run out
- Multiple racing liveries per car like in Assetto Corsa and Project Cars.

Last edited:
Not long now until we see it unveiled...

I'm most curious to see what features from FH3 will make the jump to FM7. Here's a quick shortlist I made.

• Dynamic TOD
  • Dynamic Weather
  • Blueprint & PI Matching
  • Tyre Lettering (Horizon Edition Equivalent)
  • ADV1, Rotiform, Fifteen52 Wheels
  • Widebody Kits, the Rally Parts, Exposed Intakes on muscle cars, Roof racks etc
  • Auction House
  • Clubs
  • Storefront
  • License Plates & Horns (these are probably least likely)
  • Horizon Edition Cars (or some Motorsport equivalent)
  • Forzathon
  • 4 Player Co-Op
I'll be very, very happy if they bring all those Horizon features to FM7. Couple that with how Apex looks, performs and feels on the PC and the vast car list of the Motorsport titles and you're golden, in my opinion.

I'll be very, very happy if they bring all those Horizon features to FM7. Couple that with how Apex looks, performs and feels on the PC and the vast car list of the Motorsport titles and you're golden, in my opinion.

I think it's been a while now since the developers have been following this trend: the features and/or improvements they introduce in a previous game gets carried over to the next one, whether it's Horizon or Motorsport.

Did try some controller adjustment settings and it seemed like maybe I just had my settings wrong all this time. Namely just some of my deadzones. Everything was set to 0 inside 100 outside but with steering I bumped it up to 5 inside and I didn't feel as much issues.

I'd be surprised if they didn't include freeplay updates since people there's been an overwhelming amount of requests for it, though at the same time it was still surprising after FH2 that they didn't do it for FM6. Especially since they made a point of removing the ability to run full fields of drivatars in private lobbies without addressing the reason people used that feature. Plus how much of a struggle it seemed to just get T10 to add divisions to freeplay.

I actually miss FM1 and FM2's tire format where you could get different quality tires based on brand and that factored into how much of PI boost you got. Though at the same time I'd like to see them add different compounds and do something similar to GT where tires are done basis the event restrictions and removed from the PI.

The one thing i expect from FM7 is a proper career mode, or at least a 'pro' option.

Let us start from the bottom in a ******* on club races, or even karts (if Turn 10 ever gets around to those), and let us work our way up, season to season, to the racing category we want to be in.

The boatload of free handouts (from level ups to dlc cars) is disheartening really. FM6 feels kind of pointless to "play through". It doesn't feel like you've earned any of the progress or any of the cars or money which keep being thrown your way. It's not satisfying to play.

Aside from that, time of day and dynamic weather need to start showing up. Even GT5 had those on the PS3, so there's no real excuse for why FM still doesn't have them. Having Le Mans or the Nordschleife without at least having ToD too just feels wrong.

The one thing i expect from FM7 is a proper career mode, or at least a 'pro' option.

Let us start from the bottom in a ******* on club races, or even karts (if Turn 10 ever gets around to those), and let us work our way up, season to season, to the racing category we want to be in.

The boatload of free handouts (from level ups to dlc cars) is disheartening really. FM6 feels kind of pointless to "play through". It doesn't feel like you've earned any of the progress or any of the cars or money which keep being thrown your way. It's not satisfying to play.

Aside from that, time of day and dynamic weather need to start showing up. Even GT5 had those on the PS3, so there's no real excuse for why FM still doesn't have them. Having Le Mans or the Nordschleife without at least having ToD too just feels wrong.

To be fair, I've never really bothered with the game's career mode since the FM3 and 4 days. Either way, it's a non-issue for me since there's plenty to do in rivals, private online races, hot lapping and the one-on-one just for kicks battles with the AI. And then of course, there's painting customization and tuning. I could care less about how the career shapes up. Just my two though.

I'm hoping to see the blueprint feature seen in FH3 (but extend up) snow, and off road racing make their way into FM7, as well as more customization such as rally parts like roof scoops, mud flaps, etc. I don't mind having adjustable time/weather either, because we all know T10 love their stable 60fps in their games. :sly:

I'm hoping to see the blueprint feature seen in FH3 (but extend up) snow, and off road racing make their way into FM7, as well as more customization such as rally parts like roof scoops, mud flaps, etc. I don't mind having adjustable time/weather either, because we all know T10 love their stable 60fps in their games. :sly:

Gosh, that would be an excellent addition!

I'm also hoping to see deeper tuning options. Fingers crossed. And yes, nothing overrules 60 fps. Gotta love them for that.

We get one of these threads every year before E3. Usually a few questions from this get asked to Dan Greenawalt and based on his responses you can read between the lines on what the answers could be ;)

If you're submitting a question, I recommend wording it in such a way that you should expect a yes or no response. If you leave wiggle room, somebody well-versed in the art of media relations will wiggle :sly:

Also don't be afraid to hit Like on any other questions you see in the thread that you'd like to see answered.

• Dynamic TOD
  • Dynamic Weather
Seeing what Project CARS 2 is doing with time and weather I do hope we get this in FM7

Blueprint & PI Matching
I definitely want to see this in FM7. I got so used to using the Blueprint system in FH3 to make the races 8-10 laps rather then the default 2-3 laps. So going back to FM6 the career races where just way too short for my liking. I also forgot about the PI restrictions on career races, so I would tune a car to my liking just to find it was no longer qualified for the race. Especially with lower class cars.

Tyre Lettering (Horizon Edition Equivalent)
In addition to this I would also like to see White-walled versions of the Street, Sport, and Racing tires for the older cars that have white-walled tires stock. Even if the white-walled version had a penalty of slightly less grip then non-white-walled versions.

Storefront
A proper FM4 style Storefront would be ideal. I miss the old system

Last edited:
I'd be quite happy if they added the ability to do co-op campaign much like there is in FH3, letting you race with your friends against the AI using the same team racing points system. Most of my IRL friends aren't so interested in racing games and just get frustrated in multiplayer, some of them enjoyed that we could play together on a team on FH3 against AI (where they could choose a suitable difficulty) and it would still count towards their progression. I don't think I've done any more than what is absolutely necessary on FM5/6 for single player, but with co-op I would be far more interested in racing against drivatars.

Starting using MT/cockpit in FH3 recently and one thing I would like changed for FM7 is for cars that are automatic in real life, to always be automatic regardless of transmission choice. Maybe have the option of installing a manual gearbox with a tachometer in the cockpit as well.

Starting using MT/cockpit in FH3 recently and one thing I would like changed for FM7 is for cars that are automatic in real life, to always be automatic regardless of transmission choice. Maybe have the option of installing a manual gearbox with a tachometer in the cockpit as well.

That is a good suggestion and don't know why they haven't already implemented it. It's kind of like still having to use man/w clutch even though you're car has a flappy paddle gearbox.

More of a wishlist thing here, but the rest of the 67 F1 cars(Cooper, Ferarri, BRM) with classic versions of Monza, Spa, Watkins Glen, and Silverstone. Adding Mosport, Monaco, Mexico City, Zandvoort, and Kyalami would complete season too.

Honestly just more classic F1 stuff would keep me happy.

If there's one thing I want, it's for the PI to be worked over from what's currently in FH3. It's hilarious and annoying that putting grippier tires on a C class car can push it to the top end of A class with hardly any room for any other mods, yet tripling the power might only get it to the bottom end of the next class up. Also, it'd be nice if they both kept the lettered tires and made it so you could get them on any tire grade.

Back