Expert Level: Ferrari Challenge @ Fuji Speedway F :00 :15 :30 :45

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 1,656 comments
I'm sticking to the F430.

Suits my driving style a lot better. Just needs a seemless shift like the Cali...

Can anyone tell me what an average total race time is please?

Want to know if it's worth recording. I can't go over 11minutes.

I've been in a couple between 11'03 & 11'15

Edit:
I've found that second. Trouble is the car's looser now, and I'm losing more seconds digging myself out of the sand at least once a race.

Last edited:
Just joined my first race and the update has reset the gears to auto. Random downshifts mid-corner in a 512bb is not much fun - sorry if I messed anyone up. I'll try again.

Prudent - You got a tune for the 512? Ive just pulled it out the garage to have a run. Any help and Ill be grateful 👍

Just been racing in this race for the last couple of hours.

A few pointers - first, on setup. I'm running the old 888 Tuning setup, but for current 750PP rules. I'm running on R1 tyres front and rear, with power knocked down by 6 and weight at whatever setting brings the total to 750. I've also elongated the gear ratios a bit as I found them a bit short, but I'm going to put them somewhere in between because the 6hp less is hampering acceleration.

The characteristics of the car are pretty good - loads of grip everywhere which means late braking and being able to floor it out of virtually all corners with very little sliding.

You might find you're a bit slower on the straights, but it didn't affect me too much, and I've won a fair few races this afternoon. The California certainly looks the car to beat though, there are some people going pretty quickly in it with many of the 430s (apart from my own :sly:) languishing at the back.

But if you can live with a slight lack of straight-line speed, the R1 tyres route is the way to go.

The second pointer from me - beware! There is some truly awful driving out there tonight and the first corner is so difficult to get cleanly through without some utter plank not braking and knocking you across the gravel. I have found some clean racing, but not a lot at all. My advice would be to max out your PP so you're more likely to start further back on the grid, and then just hang back at the first corner, and immediately pick up 75% of the places because everyone's gone off...

I just spent about an hour testing the California setup with R1s and S3s. I have to say I retract my initial statement. R1s are faster all around and the car is easier to control. No doubt the majority of racers will favor this setup. However the car isn't that much slower with S3s that a talented driver can't make it competitive or even win with it. You loose about a second in the Esses to a racer with R1s but you gain that back (and some more) on the end of the lap due to the additional HP.

In a close race with talented and clean drivers both setups will be competitive.

Hi benannt, i guess in the last race (was the xx:00 one) you were using S2s or S1s?

I have been on R1s, and the difference was hugh in the esses, but not that big on the straights, because you were not accelerating very good out of the corners.
(I think R1s are the fastest option for the California)

Sorry if i caused trouble to you, I had to try to overtake you at the end of the esses, because that australian guy without patience was coming from behind....i guess he got you (=punted you) in the final chicane, right?

Last edited:
Hi benannt, i guess in the last race (was the xx:00 one) you were using S2s or S1s?

I have been on R1s, and the difference was hugh in the esses, but not that big on the straights, because you were not accelerating very good out of the corners.
(I think R1s are the fastest option for the California)

Sorry if i caused trouble to you, I had to try to overtake you at the end of the esses, because that australian guy without patience was coming from behind....i guess he got you (=punted you) in the final chicane, right?

I was on S2s in that race (trying that setup out). It was good racing. With clean drivers a R tires vs. S tires race can be fun. You raced me clean, even in the esses when I knew you wanted to get around me. The back straights were different.

I agree the R1 setup is the fastest, by a good 2 second consisently. Though racing a clean driver on a S tire setup can be fun. Especially if you are the driver on the S tires using every bit of skill to stay ahead.

You caused me no issues, you GTRP racers are the fairest of the bunch out there now-a-days. That SAC_SYRUP [AU] guy was the issue. i saw him banging on you the entire race and he punted me in the final chicane, which is why I finish 3rd, not 2nd 4.5 secs behind you. he gave me alot of trouble on that last lap.

EDIT: I sent the SAK_SYRUP guy a note on PSN and at first he claimed it was all "racing incidents" on the both of us, they he at least admitted he was driving rough but used the excuses everyone else was, which doesn't cut it in my book. He has decent speed but needs to calm down.

Last edited:
Prudent - You got a tune for the 512? Ive just pulled it out the garage to have a run. Any help and Ill be grateful 👍

Not yet, I'm working on it. I'm really not very good though, it takes me ages. By the time I'm happy there's usually a new event!

Well I think I give up on this race, like I said earlier I drive the cars in stock form only with S2's and it's just too much of a missmatch compared to everyone else. I don't know what tyres everyone uses but in the California stock with S2's I pretty much slaughter everyone on the straight then hold them up and get knocked off on the corners (everyone run R1's or something?).

It's not fun for me and I bet it's frustrating for the clean drivers being held up (I don't give two hoots about the pushy drivers)

... but hey why don´t you tune your cars a little?
You know, make it a little bit lower, shorten the gears and strenghten the brakes a little .
Afterall it´s a game that offers some basic tuning.
If this was a real life event they would force you to use R tires anyway, know what I mean?
I bet you drive superfast with some tweakings here and there...
It´s a shame, the California is so fun, cant stop smiling driving it!:D

Guys, I got a question.

What do you do when someone gets a bit out of shape, for example, at the first Degner...Then when you go for the inside at Degner 2 (because they're rejoining the circuit) then turn in and you ''hit them'' and they fly off.

I think I shouldn't wait, but then I know how bent some people can be on here about it.

Tough one and I know every collision is different.

This race is AWFUL.

Turn one, brake, get punted into sand, let everyone past so you dont get in the way, start overtaking, brake for a corner, get punted into sand, repeat.

I'll try again when I'm less angry at it.

Definately suits the agressive starters.

I've seen Bollocks just plow through the ghosties now...I always tend to wait for them, which then means I get hit by people behind me.

I am loving the new ''catch up'' physics though. When you're very very behind you go faster...before it used to be if you were ahead, you went slower.

Now I'm catching up the front guys by about 4tenths a lap, instead of 4seconds a lap haha!

yes LifLaf, nice one. but i got a telephone call.... :ouch:

fastest online 2.07,2xx, full time in the last one 10:51,xxx

:crazy:

Wait a second try to show you a picture

Edit:
CIMG1261.jpg

Last edited:
It's official.

Doctorben DOES have a conscience.

Had a good, heated dice with him for 4 laps. Lots of accidental paint trading...

But at the end whilst leading towards the line I backed off as a sign of ''doesn't matter who wins''

...and to my surprise...he did too!

And he was on 650pp.

What next...?

GTP_doctorben?

:D

He doesn't. You saw me fly by off the chicane, guess who helped me.

That following race, the GTRP powerblue California pushes me off turn 1, the pack catches up and I'm way out of rythm.

KLlopfer and CudeDude need reminding it's 650PP

Other than that, great event this is turning out to be.

Well done PD!

Cig. break for me...Back at xx.30

xx

just been having a great race untill Lancerlover hit me twice on purpose on the 4th and 5th lap, :banghead:

KLlopfer and CudeDude need reminding it's 650PP
Done! Sorry! Wondered, that I've been on pole 3 times in a row. So I checked my setup, and saw that my weight was set back on stock value. I've fixed it right now.

Don't worry, it's happened to me tonight too!

Must be a glitch...

Is anyone else suffering with mega lag in the scenary when in 'free-run' mode? Mine is terrible...never did it before the update.

You'll love it!

Props to Volcano using the 512...Only a bit slower than me in my F430 if I get a perfect lap in! My set-up's quite good in this I think, be interested to share with another F430 user to see how they differ?

Anyone?

I'll take that challenge. Can not find a balance on the California or the 430, can you pm them to me please crx.
Fastas

Back