Expert Level: Ferrari Challenge @ Fuji Speedway F :00 :15 :30 :45

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 1,656 comments
Look, if you guys want to stick to the S3 rule, you're making this a California vs F430 event. I've been doing it with the F40 in R1s and I assure you that it's not easy to keep up with those cars. Besides, if you use a 512 BB, with S3 tyres you'll even get a max PP lower than 650 (even with max power and min weight). So, at least, leave classic Ferraris out of that rule. My two cents.

Okay, i've done two races on s3, but it is obvious not everyone is checking the forum to see if any restrictions were imposed.

I'm sorry Patrick, but i am switching back to r1 since the with s3 in the esses we are sitting ducks waiting to get bumped.
Also, the braking points seem a bit hard for some people to understand...

People are weird.

Slapping on R compound tires on street cars?
I just won a race in a S3 F430, a white Rx F430 was battling me in the curves but on the straights just got left behind, I don't see the point.

This is what was happening to me and I was in a stock California, R tyres puts me off this race. Though I do sympithise with F40, 512BB drivers though.

maybe it will be better if you create a new thread like...

Ferrari Challenge @ Suzuka Circuit (S3 TIRES ONLY) :02 :17 :32 :47

:)

Yes that's a good point Hun, If we wanna make some rules to tires it may need a new event complitely.

Edit: Ha, Rudi was faster :)

What are we going to say next, no toe in/out adjustments either?

Banning the GTLM in the last event made sense, but trying to make it S3 just because it's ''too fast'' with R1's is stupid.

How far is this going to go?

^👍

I think it will make my life much harder....now it's me i ask myself "why do I suck!?"

for tonight this is it.....good race everyone

Last edited:
and where is now the thread ´ Expert Level: Ferrari Challenge @ Suzuka Circuit :00 :15 :30 :45´ gone ????

open tires???

;)

maybe it will be better if you create a new thread like...

Ferrari Challenge @ Suzuka Circuit (S3 TIRES ONLY) :02 :17 :32 :47

:)

I wanted to suggest that too (but my excuse of being bumped in the esses then did not make sense ;))

JvM
Yes that's a good point Hun, If we wanna make some rules to tires it may need a new event complitely.

Just came to home. Not even test specIII yet... but that two events sound very good, cause there is going to be lot of racers in this event. I would love to test both combinations against good racers with same.

(Would be interesting to see also, who are going to drive with what?)

Changed it back... Use any tires you like............

EDIT: I'm gonna try the R1s out.

Bravo.....beers for that man. :cheers:

I'm still crap on r1's though.

Think it's a bit early to be setting restrictions, everyone is still getting used to it.

^ It's true. But there is now another thread. Just waiting for the op to change the name right.

Nice driving there Hun! If it was me in the F40 I would be gone in the mirror.

Thanks Patrik, but at the end indeed I was gone in your mirror :lol:

The F40 is great fun, but - sadly - I don't think it can win races, at least not in the GTP schedule.

EDIT: I'm off for the weekend, hope you guys have fun! 👍

We should be allowed to run any R or S series tire. If you're slower with say an S3 and complaining about it, then swap for the R1 and you'll likely find more speed. Problem solved. I don't see the point in restricting tires when everyone already has the option to choose whatever tire that will make them fastest :boggled:

We should be allowed to run any R or S series tire. If you're slower with say an S3 and complaining about it, then swap for the R1 and you'll likely find more speed. Problem solved. I don't see the point in restricting tires when everyone already has the option to choose whatever tire that will make them fastest :boggled:
?

I took the tire restrictions way couple of hours ago you know. :dounce:

damn it!! is it imposibble to get the f430 to no 1? I kept on losing ground on the straight away.

I think the F430 is faster on the straights. It as more power, but weights more I think the F430 and California are closely matched. Harder to get a jump out of the corners but once you get going I definitely think the F430 has the higher top speed.

^^^Probably my stupidest comment yet. I was guessing without looking at any numbers, stupid. I agree the Cali is faster on the straights.
My tunes
F430 400PS 1290kg
Cali 423PS 1435kg

Last edited:
I know that. :dopey: I was just stating my opinion on the matter. Hopefully the ruling retains until PD changes the events.

Back