F.I.T.T WSR/Senna F3 Challenge

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 535 comments
Okey starting to type my notes..

There was small 80's vibes on the air while driving, some cars went on 80's one hit wonder TT-tune section, with this remarks:

And this:

And then there was some cars what I could use on online races without losing my name/face due collisions and those tunes give something else from 80's, like this:

@Bowtie-muscle I might lap constant laps, but I'm not fast on results here, there might be that similar treatment to all tunes, driving on race pace and bit above. Bit hating this scoring system, coz there is those one lap wonder times around, inch side and dead driver way driven. My laps are driven realistic way, and driver leaves alive from track :)

My DC points will be mostly coming from idea "would I like to drive this one hour on online against other live persons and leave race with unwrecked car and without losing my name as a clean driver", so it consist is car capable of taking other lines than optimal, handling well when small mistakes happen etc, overall car handling and balance.

There was small 80's vibes on the air while driving, some cars went on 80's one hit wonder TT-tune section, with this remarks:

And this:

And then there was some cars what I could use on online races without losing my name/face due collisions and those tunes give something else from 80's, like this:

@Bowtie-muscle I might lap constant laps, but I'm not fast on results here, there might be that similar treatment to all tunes, driving on race pace and bit above. Bit hating this scoring system, coz there is those one lap wonder times around, inch side and dead driver way driven. My laps are driven realistic way, and driver leaves alive from track :)

My DC points will be mostly coming from idea "would I like to drive this one hour on online against other live persons and leave race with unwrecked car and without losing my name as a clean driver", so it consist is car capable of taking other lines than optimal, handling well when small mistakes happen etc, overall car handling and balance.

Well I know you are smooth, and still faster than I am. :cool:

Looking forward to what you think of these tunes.👍

And this:

nice music

Turned in a bit early on turn 1, ran super deep on 2, 4-5-6 were spot on but you ran deep on 7 and missed the apex, 8 seemed a little slow but the line looked fine. 👍 Keep pushing :cheers:
Was just theory testing a tune, wasn't trying for a perfect lap 👍 the fact it was that sloppy and was two seconds faster shows how much camber kills cars in GT6 right now.

Oh.. no... I see a debate on camber coming along. I will go and hide behind the nearest stone till this is all over :lol:
Yep.
*grabs firemen suit and puts it on*
Camber on some cars in small amounts can help with stability and mid corner rotation. But at the cost of entry and/or exit grip and acceleration grip so overall a loss in lap time for the car.

:lol: So that would be :irked: :scared: 👍 :) :D :banghead: :confused:
If you'd had a camera on my face then that would have been pretty much how it'd gone :lol:

Was just theory testing a tune, wasn't trying for a perfect lap 👍 the fact it was that sloppy and was two seconds faster shows how much camber kills cars in GT6 right now.
Fair enough, meant no harm 👍
I find small amounts of camber useful for taking the edge off cars (try mine at 0.0 :mischievous:) and adjusting the balance where you need certain settings for high speed corners but those settings cause twitchyness in slow speed sections. Also if you've got an otherwise grippy car that can't help but overwhelm the tyres on slow corner exit a small bit of rear camber makes it easier to transition between wheel spin and hook up, you get a predictable slide rather than a sudden twitch. Apart from that it can be a little bit of a false reward, the car will feel great but just loses speed compared to 0.0 in 95% of circumstances

How about Dartmoor, that place is basically made of big rocks :lol:
True, big rocks on Dartmoor but its in the middle of nowhere and it is quite close to where the Beast of Bodmin lives too. :)

ad_1742598991.jpg

If you'd had a camera on my face then that would have been pretty much how it'd gone :lol:

I find small amounts of camber useful for taking the edge off cars (try mine at 0.0 :mischievous:) and adjusting the balance where you need certain settings for high speed corners but those settings cause twitchyness in slow speed sections. Also if you've got an otherwise grippy car that can't help but overwhelm the tyres on slow corner exit a small bit of rear camber makes it easier to transition between wheel spin and hook up, you get a predictable slide rather than a sudden twitch. Apart from that it can be a little bit of a false reward, the car will feel great but just loses speed compared to 0.0 in 95% of circumstances
What you haven't found the camera yet? :P

You guys can use Stonehenge, Dartmoor or the Grand Canyon. I'm using Ayers Rock. That's huge! :D

I highly doubt that your tune is the one he tested with zero camber. Going from 0.1 to zero isn't going to make a two second difference. If you truly supported that camber works in GT6, you would be willing to venture much deeper into that pool.

There is one tune posted with camber at 3.5 and another tune with camber from someone who has been pretty vocal on the forums, even vocal enough to say that zero camber doesn't often finish high in FITT events. I would guess that one of these tunes were tried with zero camber.

There is one tune posted with camber at 3.5 and another tune with camber from someone who has been pretty vocal on the forums, even vocal enough to say that zero camber doesn't often finish high in FITT events. I would guess that one of these tunes were tried with zero camber.
That's is a very solid branch you're standing on there. The tuner in question knows about this test and is grateful for the extra laps I did in the car.
I suspect we will see them rise in the next challenge. 👍

What you haven't found the camera yet? :P

You guys can use Stonehenge, Dartmoor or the Grand Canyon. I'm using Ayers Rock. That's huge! :D
Yeah.... you win the big rock contest :lol:

This I haven't heard of. What on earth is the hairy hand of cadover bridge? it sort of sounds like a very bad adult movie.
http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/hairy_hands.htm

(I live in a very strange place :lol:)

I highly doubt that your tune is the one he tested with zero camber. Going from 0.1 to zero isn't going to make a two second difference. If you truly supported that camber works in GT6, you would be willing to venture much deeper into that pool.

Yeah I know its not mine, the point was to merely illustrate how I use it in tuning :)

Lets not go starting fires, the same argument gets boring after the 5th or 6th time

Yeah I know its not mine, the point was to merely illustrate how I use it in tuning :)

Lets not go starting fires, the same argument gets boring after the 5th or 6th time

I am tuning the Bentley LMP car right now and am using a fairly large amount of front camber, so I don't always use zero. Adding camber did increase turn in and helped calm exit oversteer.

Or it just shows you are inconsistent at driving. I'm going to assume your talking about the tune with 3.5 degrees of camber. I'm around 1.2 seconds away from the top time with that tune, so there is at max 1.2 seconds lost from having high camber as far as I'm concerned... The tune sticks to the road like glue, it just needs to be a little more nimble, which could be achieved with toe or lowering camber or a little of both. It's still faster than another tune with 0 camber so...

Back