F1 2010 Picture Thread

• Thread starter chromatic9
  • 228 comments
Very nice pics djh. The Monaco ones are my favorites.

edit. Just seen your post that you did your own cams. Nice job. I need to edit some soon.

Last edited:
These PC mods are annoying, I was very happy with my new purchase on the ps3 until I came into this thread and saw how much better the graphics look with this mod. I don't suppose anybody has found a way to fiddle with the settings to make it look better on the ps3? :(

For me it doesn't matter. I am happy with F1 2010 on my PS3 because it has replaced F1:CE as the most thrilling racing experience on the console. And that's what counts.
Anybody who believes that the game is less enjoyable because it's visuals aren't as sharp as the PC version shouldn't be playing it at all.
Although I will still play F1:CE because it has tracks and features that are not present in F1 2010. Both games are fantastic.

For me it doesn't matter. I am happy with F1 2010 on my PS3 because it has replaced F1:CE as the most thrilling racing experience on the console. And that's what counts.
Anybody who believes that the game is less enjoyable because it's visuals aren't as sharp as the PC version shouldn't be playing it at all.
Although I will still play F1:CE because it has tracks and features that are not present in F1 2010. Both games are fantastic.

So, people can't be displeased with the way a game looks compared to it's inferior (in terms of outright theoretical power) brethren? To be honest, if I didn't have a 360 or a PC, and just a PS3 I'd be pretty upset too knowing that my so-called "better" console doesn't even have it's API properly optimized. Of course the game shouldn't be enjoyed any less for something as trivial as visuals, but it's kind of deafening that there are two (2) versions out there that have superior compatibility with it's hardware compared to the PS3.

59684668.jpg

65305192.jpg

91625079.jpg

70167865.jpg

82264629.jpg

13236110.jpg

93443083.jpg

q10or.jpg

So, people can't be displeased with the way a game looks compared to it's inferior (in terms of outright theoretical power) brethren? To be honest, if I didn't have a 360 or a PC, and just a PS3 I'd be pretty upset too knowing that my so-called "better" console doesn't even have it's API properly optimized. Of course the game shouldn't be enjoyed any less for something as trivial as visuals, but it's kind of deafening that there are two (2) versions out there that have superior compatibility with it's hardware compared to the PS3.

I get what you are saying, but the sad fact is that with multi-format games, developer's have a tendency to fine tune the PC and 360 versions but leave the PS3 version trailing behind. Their excuse is that the PS3 is 'hard to develop for', when in reality they are just being lazy.
We all know what the PS3 is capable of - just look at GT5 and God Of War 3.
In fact, just look at F1:CE - the reason for it's super sharp and smooth visuals is because it was built for the PS3 from the ground up. F12010 may have more detail and better effects, but it wasn't optimised for the PS3 alone.
It is a situation that us PS3 owners need to live with, but it shouldn't really affect the way we enjoy our games on the console.
We can rest easy knowing that we have the best exclusives of all platforms, and that come Christmas this year(hopefully), we will have the best racing game ever made, on our console and no one else's.

I get what you are saying, but the sad fact is that with multi-format games, developer's have a tendency to fine tune the PC and 360 versions but leave the PS3 version trailing behind. Their excuse is that the PS3 is 'hard to develop for', when in reality they are just being lazy.
We all know what the PS3 is capable of - just look at GT5 and God Of War 3.
In fact, just look at F1:CE - the reason for it's super sharp and smooth visuals is because it was built for the PS3 from the ground up. F12010 may have more detail and better effects, but it wasn't optimised for the PS3 alone.
It is a situation that us PS3 owners need to live with, but it shouldn't really affect the way we enjoy our games on the console.
We can rest easy knowing that we have the best exclusives of all platforms, and that come Christmas this year(hopefully), we will have the best racing game ever made, on our console and no one else's.

Some of the developers could indeed be taking the lazy route, but the PS3 (Namely Cell) is by no shape or form easy to program for. Every developer during the first two-three years, even now for that matter that have claimed the PS3 to be a pain to program for was telling the absolute truth. Cell's programming language is ridiculous. Sony includes this hearty manual for Cell's programming language, a sort of 'walkthrough'. However, because Cell favors certain output scenarios over the preferential scenarious (i.e. Cell favors, or rather prioritizes bandwidth over latency, and peak computational power over the simplicity of programming code). The STI Alliance are even designating schools for their "Center of Competence" where the intent is broaden support for Cell, and build a community of programmers around said architecture. I believe they offer a programming video, as opposed to that ridiculous manual.

/Geek rant. :lol:

Definitely can't let this thread die, although it seems we're the only two running it. :lol:

Seems like us console owners will have the last laugh. Apparently with the new patch, the track evolution and wet weather driving is broken on the PC version. Lame I must say. Serves you lot right though for your graphics being literally twice as good as ours :indiff:

Seems like us console owners will have the last laugh. Apparently with the new patch, the track evolution and wet weather driving is broken on the PC version. Lame I must say. Serves you lot right though for your graphics being literally twice as good as ours :indiff:

Not to mention many PC users have experienced a horrific downgrade in framerates as opposed to the increase that should take place.

I haven't played since the patch, but it's installed and I am dearly hoping I will not experience the same misery :scared:

Not to mention many PC users have experienced a horrific downgrade in framerates as opposed to the increase that should take place.

I haven't played since the patch, but it's installed and I am dearly hoping I will not experience the same misery :scared:

I'm getting better performance, but only running dx9. Some of these pictures just look mind blowing, mine looks no where near this good.

Can you do PS3 screenshots on this game like in some others, or do i need a camera?

Yes, just press the PS button during a replay and it'll bring up the XMB. Scroll over to Photos and there's a save screenshot function underneath.

I've not edited any cameras yet. This is just from Brazil replay on the pit straight. I just happened to get central on the cam.

Lotus 2011! With a, wait a minute....why is Sebastian Vettel driving a Lotus?! :P

High-def Mercedes GP livery is high-def...

Back