F1 2011

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 875 comments
4) IMO Abu Dhabi looks worse this year for the following reasons
No time change

If the circuit lights and hotel weren't lit up you would never know It was at sunset

And the fact that you can only race round at nighttime in time trial mode 👎

Do a 50 % race or a 100% race then it will change... It's set to time scale 1:1 so if you do a 10 min race it will only pass 10 mins in real time...

Career for me I am doing just 3 lap races, rookie difficulty, Damage real, fuel and tyres on. Qualified 19th in the HRT, and finished 2nd behind Vettel in Melbourne :D

I've had 2 funny crashes today. The first was at Melbourne where I crashed into someone (can't remember who but one of the Drivers beginning with K either Kobayashi or Karthikeyan ) and he ended up with his car on his side with his head nearly buried in the wall and the second was just now doing a wet race with Vettel in Monaco and after may attempts to get the Safety Car accidentally crashed into it destroying my car.

I'm enjoying the game so far though I haven't had a chance to race my Dad on Split Screen

First time playing. Is there a way to change AI difficulty in career mode?
When you select your event and go to practice, you should be presented with a series of options - race length, safety car, etc. You can modify these, including the AI difficulty.

First time playing. Is there a way to change AI difficulty in career mode?

This is a weird issue I forgot to ask about.

When you first start your career there is no option to adjust the AI difficulty at your first race. However after my first GP I went to the next round and there I was able to adjust the AI through the options before you start the first session.

This must be a bug right?

I can't see an AI difficulty any where. There is a difficulty setting, but I can only adjust my Driving Aids. I hate using DA's! I would rather weaken the AI as I'm new to the F1 games.

Last edited:
You just need to explore a little bit. One of the options should have an arrow next to it. That means there is a sub-menu to that option. You can fully customise everything there. AI difficulty is listed in it.

I can't see an AI difficulty any where. There is a difficulty setting, but I can only adjust my Driving Aids. I hate using DI's! I would rather weaken the AI as I'm new to the F1 games.

Are you still on your first GP?

As I said I couldn't adjust the AI settings until I reached the second race in my career.

The AI settings will appear underneath the driving aids and other difficulty settings.

not sure why it wouldn't be there, it was there for me.

I am really enjoying this game more and more. If you everything set to the hardest difficulty, it really puts you to the test, and makes everything more realistic. Meeting the objectives is pretty tough this time around.

I can't see an AI difficulty any where. There is a difficulty setting, but I can only adjust my Driving Aids. I hate using DA's! I would rather weaken the AI as I'm new to the F1 games.

Keep in mind that you can't set it during the race but only before the races, after having picked the race in your truck. It's at the bottom, the second to last option.

I have always though the F1 points scoring system of only awarding the top 10 was stupid but how does it even work for the teams and drivers outside of the top 10?

Theres 24 drivers in the championship so they have to be ranked on how they performed as well. So do they award them points per race to determine their championship standing but don't officially award them the points? This is the only way I can think of, and if that is the case then why don't they just award them "real" points.

It seems silly having all that money, time and effort spent on a team that never earns a single championship point. Nothing, nada, zip.

And clearly this season has shown that the points difference for winning is far too big. Nobody ever hard a chance of catching Vettel after he won the first few races.

Keep in mind that you can't set it during the race but only before the races, after having picked the race in your truck. It's at the bottom, the second to last option.

They base it on positions. It also works that if you have two people finish the season on the same points then the winner will be the person with the most wins, if that is also the same then it is the most 2nd positions, then the most 3rd, 4th, 5th etc etc. That is the same way they decide the position of teams outside of the points, sponser money wise the position those lower teams finish in is massively important to them even outside of the points.

A few years back only the top 6 finishers would get points.

I have always though the F1 points scoring system of only awarding the top 10 was stupid but how does it even work for the teams and drivers outside of the top 10?

Theres 24 drivers in the championship so they have to be ranked on how they performed as well. So do they award them points per race to determine their championship standing but don't officially award them the points? This is the only way I can think of, and if that is the case then why don't they just award them "real" points.

It seems silly having all that money, time and effort spent on a team that never earns a single championship point. Nothing, nada, zip.

And clearly this season has shown that the points difference for winning is far too big. Nobody ever hard a chance of catching Vettel after he won the first few races.

I think they take the performance into account but I really don't know in which way. I've also read (15 years ago, tho) that the first 16 places or so receive money from the FIA or so. This has been changed since, I guess.

On the other side: there's not much of an difference between 10 / 25 points for winning the race and 8 / 18 points for coming in second. It's still roughly the same percentage so it doesn't change much, I'd say.

Let's say Vettel won the first 5 races and Hamilton came in second 5 times.
Standing according to today's system:

- Vettel 125
- Hamilton 90

Catching up would require winning once and coming in 5th once.

Standing according to the old system:

- Vettel 50
- Hamilton 40

Catching up would require winning once.

So, you see, not that much off the old system - sure, a bit...but not like it's a whole new dimension. :)

They base it on positions. It also works that if you have two people finish the season on the same points then the winner will be the person with the most wins, if that is also the same then it is the most 2nd positions, then the most 3rd, 4th, 5th etc etc. That is the same way they decide the position of teams outside of the points, sponser money wise the position those lower teams finish in is massively important to them even outside of the points.

A few years back only the top 6 finishers would get points.

I don't know why you replied to my post, I've said something about adjusting the AI difficulty. :odd:

Well this is sad the top 4 times on the leader boards for Montreal are 15.802, 16.182, 16.247, and 16.714.

Ugh, I was driving for Lotus on Intermediate, and ended up winning 5 races my rookie season to win the championship.

I made a mistake and now I'm back with Lotus.

I dont want to live on this planet anymore.

Its all true except that there is NO option for safety car. At least in PS3 version.

There is. Fire up GP mode and you'll find it on the settings screen - it can't be activated for races below 20% tho, so you'll have to increase the length to 20% or more.

Your post was directly above the post I intended to quote, and I clicked the wrong quote button, other sites have it at the top of the post, its late/early :dunce:

Indeed it is...and I'm still at work. :grumpy:

I don't know why you replied to my post, I've said something about adjusting the AI difficulty. :odd:

Your post was directly above the post I intended to quote, and I clicked the wrong quote button, other sites have it at the top of the post, its late/early :dunce:

There is. Fire up GP mode and you'll find it on the settings screen - it can't be activated for races below 20% tho, so you'll have to increase the length to 20% or more.

Indeed it is...and I'm still at work. :grumpy:

I find it amazing that (on my browser) you managed to quote my post before I posted it :boggled:

I find it amazing that (on my browser) you managed to quote my post before I posted it :boggled:

#winning

I'm amazed that there's no "Edited by...." line below my post. Probably because I did it immediately. :P

Somehow I prefer Career mode much more than GP , not because i wanna be Alonso or Webber but wanna be myself. Thanks for info anyway. might give GP a try later.

Somehow I prefer Career mode much more than GP , not because i wanna be Alonso or Webber but wanna be myself. Thanks for info anyway. might give GP a try later.

It's active in career mode as well - for races of 20% length or more. You can't disable it, I think - maybe if you're setting the rules to reduced.

Well, I was thinking about getting this game; really just to kill time until Forza drops. But, I have been reading a lot of complaints about it. I have never played F1: CE and read that a lot of you really enjoyed that game. Do you all suggest renting / skipping 2011 and just going with F1: CE? Or is 2011 worth anything?

II-zOoLoGy-II
Well, I was thinking about getting this game; really just to kill time until Forza drops. But, I have been reading a lot of complaints about it. I have never played F1: CE and read that a lot of you really enjoyed that game. Do you all suggest renting / skipping 2011 and just going with F1: CE? Or is 2011 worth anything?

It's great on 360 mate. Believe me.
Most grumbles are for the frame rate drops. Quite right too.

Spagetti69
It's great on 360 mate. Believe me.
Most grumbles are for the frame rate drops. Quite right too.

Alright thanks man, I guess that means I'll pick it up on the 360. I will have to wait til my CSR gets here though.

I think I might pick up F|: CE and F1: 2010 if I can get them cheap. Anyone still play?

Hello Guys
so i'm running my career in Lotus, small demands from the team (17th in the end of season). But after four races when i got 17th, 10th, 8th and 4th (currently 7th in DC) they sudenly ask me to qualify 10th and finish 8th ? How they can demand me to do it ? Its Lotus for gods sake !

I suppose they will ask me to win next GP ?!?

Back