F1: 2014 on PS4/Xbox One/PC

• Thread starter 0zzy
  • 515 comments
Damn, I was looking forward to playing this on my PS4. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait another year.

I can't understand the acrimony against this early release in 2015 tho? You'd have to buy it (again) at some point anyway (in 2015) so the fact that it may only be 6-9 months later than 2014 isn't a bad thing as the end of season release never seemed to make sense to me and means we get our fix sooner of the new drivers / tracks etc.

As for the next gen thing, I have a PS3, PS4 and a PC with triples so I'm good either way but everyone knows that games trickle out early on for next gen consoles so it is NORMAL to wait a good couple of years before my PS4 game shelf starts to get fuller.

I don't understand the hate towards F1 2014. If you have both old and current gen consoles or just the current then F1 2014 is just not for you and it was never marketed for you. That's why F1 2015 is being release only a couple months after F1 2014 on current gen. Personally I'm not interested in buying a current gen console so this game is perfect for me. If anything you guys should be happy they're catering to people who don't want current gen and people who have them. Very smart by Codemasters because the player base is higher on the older consoles and the current ones are rapidly growing. Its a win win situation. -side not- I'm not a Codemasters fanboy, I've never played an F1 or Grad game in my life but I've always been interested in it.

For the same reason they can't use the old Malboro barcode - it might be censored, but it is still synonymous with the brand. So even though it doesn't *say* Martini, it's still Martini.

Sure, but they kept the signature white/red livery, which is in essence the Marlboro packaging.

They probably do have a reason for it, but changing the livery colours is not needed to omit tobacco/alcohol regulations. Just the brand name will do.

I think I'll pick that one up too when I'm buying F1 2014. Are Codemasters games controller friendly ?
Don't wait until October unless you absolutely have to.

And yes, they're controller friendly. I play with controllers exclusively - I can't really afford a wheel - and it's a lot of fun.

Don't wait until October unless you absolutely have to.

And yes, they're controller friendly. I play with controllers exclusively - I can't really afford a wheel - and it's a lot of fun.
Trust me I really do have to wait. I'm paying off my car so I can't waste the little money I have after car payments on games right now but sometime around october I'm expecting a huge bonus so I'd have more than enough money to pick up a couple games.

They probably do have a reason for it, but changing the livery colours is not needed to omit tobacco/alcohol regulations. Just the brand name will do.
They have confirmed that the colours were changed because of the alcohol regulations.

But you wont have to. Have you not read it?

I have but am I missing something? The Codemasters blog says 2014 will be releasing on PS3/360/PC only while 2015 will be the first game on the 8th generation consoles. I see where it says 2015 will be releasing earlier in the season but that doesn't help me get 2014 on my PS4.

Unless I've just completely missed something.

I have but am I missing something? The Codemasters blog says 2014 will be releasing on PS3/360/PC only while 2015 will be the first game on the 8th generation consoles. I see where it says 2015 will be releasing earlier in the season but that doesn't help me get 2014 on my PS4.

Unless I've just completely missed something.

Well, as your post didn't specify F1 2014 on your PS4. In which case you just need to buy it on a previous gen console and wait for the next gen one to come in 2015 with its brand new engine and brand new release structure.

Also, they haven't confirmed or denied 2014 season being on the next gen game.

Can't wait to see what they have in store for next gen. Also can't wait to drive on the Red Bull A1 Ring. The PC version should support a G27 right?

Yeah I just read: http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/07/f1-2014/

Looks like they cooking up some real goodies for us cannot wait! Since I bought the Buhler mod package from eKretz I cannot get enough of this series it´s better then ever before, so well made imho and now that I can run with some proper FF strength as well as detail I will but the 2014 right on release. Something I never done before cause it´s so much cheaper to just wait a couple of weeks and get a steam key for least half the cost on Ebay.

Was really against the V6´s this season and think everything have become so clinical these days, it´s truly becoming GP1 series imo. All politics from the big car manufacturers forcing drivers to stay 100% PC all the time, rules making cars look all alike and so on is slowly killing it for me, hard to express what I really wanna say with such a limited English vocabulary/grammar but I feel the soul of F1 racing is deteriorating year by year now. Saw yet another documentary about F1 yesterday and just when I have gotten over the sound it all came back to me and I quickly realized why I felt like that to begin with, heard an old Matra who literally made the hair stand on my neck, gosh miss that for sure.

But I think that as far as the F1 game series go it´s a bit different and I think it could be great either way, weird but what I find sad in real life can become great on gaming platform + I do think it´s about time they overhaul the F1 series a bit more so like I said cannot wait.

...am I a hypocrite or what? :P

EA is not one big studio, EA incorporates many small studio's under the EA umbrella. Last i heard Criterion had 16 staff...Now that's a small studio but they work for EA.
You're missing the point. Codemasters is one studio. EA might be made up of several small studios, but their combined weight is greater than Codemasters'. Hence, they have more available resources, and can therefore follow a different release schedule and keep up to date with the latest hardware.

But then, given that you seem intent on proving that GRID AUTOSPORT was a poor-quality game simply because it didn't dominate the sales charts, I suspect you are already perfectly aware of this and are wilfully ignoring it.

You're missing the point. Codemasters is one studio. EA might be made up of several small studios, but their combined weight is greater than Codemasters'. Hence, they have more available resources, and can therefore follow a different release schedule and keep up to date with the latest hardware.

But then, given that you seem intent on proving that GRID AUTOSPORT was a poor-quality game simply because it didn't dominate the sales charts, I suspect you are already perfectly aware of this and are wilfully ignoring it.

No it's not, The F1 team is different from the Grid/Dirt games.

I've never said Grid was poor quality you seem to jump on this for some odd reason. Show me where i said the game is poor...

I am going to skip the PS3 version and hope next year PS4 version will be any better :rolleyes: I have F1 2012 and 2013. I thought 2012 was a decen. Made a mistake getting 2013

What's wrong with F1 2013? How does it run on previous gen consoles? Consistent?

Exactly the same as the previous games, with added awesomeness of 90's and 80's cars and a few period tracks.

My real complaint is that the tires are very much like they were in 2013, so you get no life out of them at all.

Looks like I'll be skipping it then. Isn't there any other console F1 dev apart from Codies?
Nope. Unfortunately, they've got exclusive licensing. You can get a Formula 1 car from iRacing and RFactor 2, but it doesn't provide the satisfaction of a full-fledged Grand Prix. That's why I keep buying the F1 games from Codemasters despite always being disappointed by the AI and penalty system.

Back