F1: 2014 on PS4/Xbox One/PC

• Thread starter 0zzy
  • 515 comments
I would really really like to have my chief mechanic talk to me during practice, qualifying and the race but if that is to much just the race giving information ever few laps like if a car is catching me and by how much or if im catching a car infront or if my tires are starting to wear out or if I should look after the engine, or maybe its about to rain and I should pit, also if a big event happens in the race he could let me know e.g. vettel has just spun out

Steve Hood has revealed on Twitter that he won't be at E3 this year, and that there are no Developer Diaries planned.

I'd say coming to grips with the next-generation platforms is taking up a lot of time and effort.

Steve Hood has revealed on Twitter that he won't be at E3 this year, and that there are no Developer Diaries planned.

I'd say coming to grips with the next-generation platforms is taking up a lot of time and effort.
Well at least we'll know if our wheels will work by the time all those glorious racing games get released :D

I'm surprised that the game hasn't even been confirmed yet. Codemasters typically launch in September to coincide with the Singapore Grand Prix, but that's only about three months away and nothing has been said.

I'm surprised that the game hasn't even been confirmed yet. Codemasters typically launch in September to coincide with the Singapore Grand Prix, but that's only about three months away and nothing has been said.
One of the devs said news will be coming out soon but there is no clear date. I'm guessing news will begin to come out after Grid Autosport releases

I have mentioned this to Codemasters about an idea of actually designing your helmet having your own name printed on your driving suit and the car as well as selecting your personal number

I thought one of the developers said that they were leaving it out for this year and coming back again in 2015

The devs have said many times that F1 2014 is happening.

Good news then.

I'd like to see an improvement with the AI in terms of battling for position. It's quite annoying when one of them is behind you on a long straight, catches you with the slipstream and just wiggles from side to side behind you instead of attempting to overtake down the inside or what not. Also a few more classic tracks such as the old Hockenheim circuit, the old Adelaide street circuit and the old Red bull ring or Österreichring as it was known back in the day. These are classic high speed circuits and really capture what F1 is about. The ability to do a full qualifying session instead of a one shot lap in the classic mode if they include it would also be a nice touch.

After reading about the licensing with F1, I have somewhat of a new appreciation for the GT's, Forza's and GRIDS of the world.

Play one season and basically it all becomes redundant.

So when are we expecting this to be announced, seems weird we haven't heard anything from them. Gamescom perhaps

codemasters really need to look at themselves.september is bad enough for f1 game release. no release date yet and its already halfway through the season.we will be lucky if 2014 is on sale by October.pathetic. the game needs to be released in the 1st quarter of the season.by the time its released the season will be over.i wont be buying any racing games on ps4 until the g27 works and I hope there is a massive difference between the the ps3 and ps4 versions but I fear they will look pretty much the same. pity PD don't make the f1 games. codemasters are garbage at graphics and getting games out on time

Have codemasters forgotten about F1 2014? They announce the game later and later every year. I remember with F1 2012 how they had information in early June, then F1 2013 was early to mid July, this looks like late July to August. Most likely then the game will be released in November (when the season is almost over). I hope this company doesn't kick us North Americans to the curb again with no physical copy like they did last year.

I skipped F1 2013 because no physical copy. That's the first F1 game I have been aware of that I did not buy, and that's because I don't like downloading games. Yeah it's weird, but it helps me keep track of my money more.

Anyways, please let a US physical game release happen!

I skipped F1 2013 because no physical copy. That's the first F1 game I have been aware of that I did not buy, and that's because I don't like downloading games. Yeah it's weird, but it helps me keep track of my money more.

Anyways, please let a US physical game release happen!

PS3 games are region free.

Well when I bought the pal version of f1 2013, the DLC I also purchased didn't work...

Did you try redeeming it with an EU account? PS3 games are region free but the DLC is not so if you have an EU disc you have to use EU DLC. It should all still work on an NA account though, at least it does in the games I have tried.

Did you try redeeming it with an EU account? PS3 games are region free but the DLC is not so if you have an EU disc you have to use EU DLC. It should all still work on an NA account though, at least it does in the games I have tried.
I have an NTSC account, it didn't work. Why is DLC not region free as well? It's stupid.

I have an NTSC account, it didn't work. Why is DLC not region free as well? It's stupid.
Different pricing i think. Although you even have it between European countries that both have the exact same currency and price (had to create a spanish account just to be able to download DLC).

Yeah it´s a bit irritating when waiting for 2014 and not much info at all available in any really?

All I see online is opinions on what to implement in the game, is there nothing more to be found? At this point I´m jumping up and down waiting here.. :) Wish they could release some more info, give us something already hehe.

All I wonder is, should choose to drive for Merc in F1 2014 as Hammy boy then will my car break down every now and then? :boggled:

No but seriously please Codemasters give us some info already..

Even if I gave up on the 2014 season during the Malasyian race... If CM is able to grasp the feeling that I had playing F1 97 I will gladly put up with the horrible cars.

The game was so simple, yet so fun!

Back